Development [ROM][11.0] crDroid 7.21 [OFFICIAL] (vayu/bhima)

Search This thread

ChriMo

Oct 13, 2014
I like how crDroid 7.14 performs over 8.2
I have moved to 8.2 and I love it
When having the focus on:
- long autonomy battery (on 7.14 with 4G & WLAN mostly off 7-9 days can easily be reached)
- stability and snappy speed of GUI (no animations or slowing of interactions)
- included ANX-Cam performance, mainly EIS-Video

So I would like to ask @Krizthian where 7.14 performs better then 8.2 (which now seems official)?

coskun19876

Feb 2, 2018
BE3pE0l.png

Code:
*** Disclaimer
I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

Install instructions:

Pre-installation:

Flashing Instructions from any custom ROM (Thanks to Raf & @kamild_)
• Backup all your data.
• Transfer ROM and other zips (such as Gapps or Magisk) to internal storage, SD card or USB drive.
• Boot/reboot to recovery.
• Flash recommended MIUI firmware 12.5.5.0.
You can find them here. If you're already on it, you can skip this step. You can flash the fastboot version of the MIUI stock ROM through Mi Flash tool / Fastboot too but the procedure is slower.
• Flash CrDroid ROM.
• Flash GApps (Optional step) FlameGapps
• Flash Magisk (Optional step, only if you want root)
• Format Data > type "yes" and press enter (different from the "wipe data" option)
• Reboot to system

First time installation from MIUI 12.5.2.0 or above:

1. Remove any fingerprint, PIN, or password in MIUI. Backup all your data, next step will factory reset the device.
2. Unlock the bootloader.
3. Flash recommended custom recovery from the "Prerequisites" section with fastboot.
4. Continue from step 2 of the "custom ROM instructions" below.

UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS:​

OTA Working: Just update from OTA screen

Manual Update installation:

• Reboot to recovery
  • Flash Rom (default path: root/data/crdroid_updates)
  • Wipe Cache/Dalvik
  • Reboot

Download:
ROM CrDroid - Vayu/Bhima Rom Download

Known issues:
-Tell me, be sure to include a log: check how to

Sources:
ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
Device tree: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_device_xiaomi_vayu

Credits:
@neobuddy89 - Current Co-Maintainer
@SebaUbuntu, @Kubersharma for device trees.
Xawlw, Foxtrot47 for device updates & fixes.
@Nebrassy for his work with TWRP.
Mochi for his amazing work in kernel & updates.
@darthjabba9 for his work with OFox.
+ All devs that make this possible

@SebaUbuntu for his OSS Vendor based version and trees.
Poco X3 Pro DevHub - All testers & Admins (Uwe Pilot, Stiff, TheDutchTesterGuy, ...)
LineageOS, SlimRoms, AOSPA (Paranoid Android), OmniRom.
CrDroid Team @neobuddy89 - Lup Gabriel...many others

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
Poco X3 Pro | OFFICIAL Telegram
crDroid Community Telegram
crDroid Poco X3 Pro - vayu Telegram
Donate to help CrDroid team pay server costs
Donate to help me in development
End of life?. will there be a new update?. 7.15 ?

Reactions: ChriMo

Skyfly19

Aug 27, 2020
Can you add an option for toggle manually the livedisplay in a selected hours range ?
It's the only details which is missing for me on you amazing rom !

Thank's in advance

r0tati0n

Jun 30, 2015
Is there a way to adjust the automatic brightness? I often would like it more bright because the screen is too dark, especially in low light environment.

felipetnh

Dec 2, 2013
I'm in love with these last two updates.
My battery went from a little over a day to four days of basic usage.
Before the updates, I used to watch usually about 1 hour of Youtube everyday and it would drain the battery A LOT, and overheat as well.
Now it almost doesn't use the battery and the temperature remains normal.

felipetnh

Dec 2, 2013
Is there a way to adjust the automatic brightness? I often would like it more bright because the screen is too dark, especially in low light environment.
I think I saw something about a bug that whenever you open the camera app, the automatic brightness stops working and will only start working again after you reboot your phone.
That does happen to me as well.

r0tati0n

Jun 30, 2015
I think I saw something about a bug that whenever you open the camera app, the automatic brightness stops working and will only start working again after you reboot your phone.
That does happen to me as well.

Would this mean auto brightness would stop completely? I just tested and auto brightness does ramp up when going from dark room into bright room. But the increase is too small for my liking

felipetnh

Dec 2, 2013
Would this mean auto brightness would stop completely? I just tested and auto brightness does ramp up when going from dark room into bright room. But the increase is too small for my liking
I'm not 100% sure on what the bug is. All I know is that after I open the camera, the auto brightness stops working for me until I reboot the phone.

Skyfly19

Aug 27, 2020
The aethersx2 app was't able to get write access on his external data folder (Android/data/...) cause of the scoped storage implementation, it give issues for make it working properly.
There is a way to fix it ?

nikapos

Apr 17, 2014
Sony Xperia Z3
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
just installed 7.16, quite happy with it. faster than xiaomi.eu, i was missing the miui gallery with the magic erase but found through forums a way to install it.
i m reluctant to jump to android 12 and quite deterred by the "format data" part of every update.
i enjoy call recording as an option.
however, i d like to ask the more experienced users if
a. i can launch the camera from lock screen without unlocking the phone. quite useful if you give your phone to someone to take a pic without revealing the pattern.
b. the screen casting/mirroring is working, i havent been able to do make it work. in miui you have to grant "always use location permission" but i was not able to do that on crdroid.

nikapos

Apr 17, 2014
Sony Xperia Z3
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
just installed 7.16, quite happy with it. faster than xiaomi.eu, i was missing the miui gallery with the magic erase but found through forums a way to install it.
i m reluctant to jump to android 12 and quite deterred by the "format data" part of every update.
a. i can launch the camera from lock screen without unlocking the phone. quite useful if you give your phone to someone to take a pic without revealing the pattern.
b. the screen casting/mirroring is working, i havent been able to do make it work. in miui you have to grant "always use location permission" but i was not able to do that on crdroid.
well, installing a third party camera app and assigning double press power button to launch camera, fixed the first issue...

r0tati0n

Jun 30, 2015
Maybe found a bug????

I installed crDroid 7.14, rebooted, then installed MicroG nogoolag.
I was not able to get all green checkboxes in MicroG check, because no "all the time" location was able to be set.

I then installed crDroid 7.13, rebooted, then installed MicroG nogoolag.
I got all green checkboxes in MicroG, then installed crDroid 7.14 and still had all green checkboxes.

I do not know why 7.14 with microG (without 7.13) did not give me all checkboxes

well, installing a third party camera app and assigning double press power button to launch camera, fixed the first issue...
could be this?

nikapos

Apr 17, 2014
Sony Xperia Z3
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
As for screen casting, I was able to make it work by adding to build.prop the line
Code:
wlan.wfd.hdcp = disable

ChriMo

Oct 13, 2014
i enjoy call recording as an option
As for screen casting, I was able to make it work by adding to build.prop the line
Same Reasons about staying on A11. Call Recording not as important but Recovery/Format/Encryption issues clearly! Also latest 8.6 seems to have caused a lot of issues (no NFC, etc.) against being a stable daily driver.
I wonder how many tried crDroid 8 and went back.
Is v7 EOL or will there be some future updates? Would be happy with 3-4 per year.

nikapos

Apr 17, 2014
Sony Xperia Z3
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Same Reasons about staying on A11. Call Recording not as important but Recovery/Format/Encryption issues clearly! Also latest 8.6 seems to have caused a lot of issues (no NFC, etc.) against being a stable daily driver.
I wonder how many tried crDroid 8 and went back.
Is v7 EOL or will there be some future updates? Would be happy with 3-4 per year.
a.well, let s ask tha on crDroid 8 forum.
b. i wouldnt expect any more updates on 7. usually, as soon as a custom rom moves to its next version, they never look back..

Viggen66

Mar 22, 2009
I have downloaded all the repo for Crdroid Android 11, to build a 7.20 updated crdroid version to this phone, since I don't like Android 12, when my computer was compiling the kernel it got an error, and exit compiling the rom, which is unfortunate, on the other hand, I had another phone and the compile was flawless, the version 7.20 is an extremely stable version of CrDroid, now I'm using my other phone as my main one with Crdoid 7.20 and I'm quite happy with it,which I didn't find any bug, comparing with 7.16, is a much better rom.

Does anyone here knows how to compile only the kernel to see if the bug or error is fixed, so I could try compile again the rom.

nikapos

Apr 17, 2014
Sony Xperia Z3
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
out of nowhere, overheating and battery drain issues.
i thought it was due to an app, but it s the d*mn google. keeps looking for an update..
kept reflashing in vain.

well, one solution is enter a terminal emulator,

Code:
su
pm disable com.google.android.gms/.chimera.GmsIntentOperationService

for more info, see here:

Skyfly19

Aug 27, 2020
I have downloaded all the repo for Crdroid Android 11, to build a 7.20 updated crdroid version to this phone, since I don't like Android 12, when my computer was compiling the kernel it got an error, and exit compiling the rom, which is unfortunate, on the other hand, I had another phone and the compile was flawless, the version 7.20 is an extremely stable version of CrDroid, now I'm using my other phone as my main one with Crdoid 7.20 and I'm quite happy with it,which I didn't find any bug, comparing with 7.16, is a much better rom.

Does anyone here knows how to compile only the kernel to see if the bug or error is fixed, so I could try compile again the rom.
It's a very good news for the CR7 user ! You should know to the 7.16 version has issue to pass safetynet (cts profile mismatch) while the 7.15 pass it without issue.

I can't help for the kernel, I was't a dev, maybe custom kernel maintainer can help you.

Reactions: nikapos

Top Liked Posts