Development [ROM][11.0] crDroid 7.21 [OFFICIAL] (vayu/bhima)

Search This thread

ChriMo

Oct 13, 2014
Thx, I would like to check screen casting from 7.21 (or Stock for comparison) to a Android TV
LineageOS 18.1 system. Your comment has encouraged me to try it. I may also try some tweaking regarding Banking Apps, even if I try to avoid making the Smartphone the device for everything (I prefer Desktop-Banking also regarding GUI+keyboard/mouse usage).

Last edited:

nikapos

Apr 17, 2014
Sony Xperia Z3
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Thx, I would like to check screen casting from 7.21 (or Stock for comparison) to a Android TV
LineageOS 18.1 system. You comment has encouraged me to try it. I may also try some tweaking regarding Banking Apps, even if I try to avoid making the Smartphone the device for everything (I prefer Desktop-Banking also regarding GUI+keyboard/mouse usage).
screen casting is ideal for family games like wheel of fortune or picture showing. as for banking i find nfc payments quite useful. :)

Reactions: ChriMo

nikapos

Apr 17, 2014
Sony Xperia Z3
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Reinstallation did not help
data is formatted
fw:12.5.9 rom:latest gapps:flamegapps
if i were you, i d try installing a different rom (lineage for example), then reinstalling crdroid. if this also fails then flash the stock rom with xiaomi flash tool and start over.. i hate it when my phone does not work as intended, and i prefer to choose my own time for flashing instead of when i bump into something i cannot live with..

few__

Apr 24, 2020
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
if i were you, i d try installing a different rom (lineage for example), then reinstalling crdroid. if this also fails then flash the stock rom with xiaomi flash tool and start over.. i hate it when my phone does not work as intended, and i prefer to choose my own time for flashing instead of when i bump into something i cannot live with..
I think there is a big problem with this Rom, as the other Roms work fine🙄

ChriMo

Oct 13, 2014
c. device is now google certified, safety net passes, no problem with banking apps
On 7.21 without GApps and with microG SafetyNet-Certification testing I get:
Warning: CTS profile does not match
So again I hit this wall (I always forget) and so only one of those two things seem to work reliably:
a) locked with completely Stock ROM.
b) Magisk, using DenyList and 2 modules: Universal SafetyNet Fix and MagiskHide Props Config.

In my case the Banking App works (Token, Fingerprint, all essential operations), just not the integrated PUSH Service needed for some certified national payment method maybe necessary 2-4 times per year. But can be done on the Desktop or with Credit Card. Just for this I do not want to go the b) way.

Reactions: nikapos

nikapos

Apr 17, 2014
Sony Xperia Z3
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
On 7.21 without GApps and with microG SafetyNet-Certification testing I get:

So again I hit this wall (I always forget) and so only one of those two things seem to work reliably:
a) locked with completely Stock ROM.
b) Magisk, using DenyList and 2 modules: Universal SafetyNet Fix and MagiskHide Props Config.
c) install gaps :p (at least in my case with flamegapps)

ChriMo

Oct 13, 2014
@nikapos thanks for clarifying as SafetyNet-Certification seems a very important feature. So just to summarize currently it seems the following options are available for PX3P:
a) locked vayu-bhima with unmodified Stock MIUI ROM (not sure if Mods like xiaomi.eu etc. also work)
b) Custom ROM with Magisk, using DenyList and 2 modules: Universal SafetyNet Fix and MagiskHide Props Config.
c) crDroid 7.21 with FlameGApps-11.0-basic-arm64-20220811

Last edited:

nikapos

Apr 17, 2014
Sony Xperia Z3
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
@nikapos thanks for clarifying as SafetyNet-Certification seems a very important feature. So just to summarize currently it seems the following options are available for PX3P:
a) locked vayu-bhima with unmodified Stock MIUI ROM (not sure if Mods like xiaomi.eu etc. also work)
b) Custom ROM with Magisk, using DenyList and 2 modules: Universal SafetyNet Fix and MagiskHide Props Config.
on c) crDroid 7.21 with FlameGApps-11.0-basic-arm64-20220811 , you can add magisk with all the precautions (magisk hide etc)

zohrann

Oct 24, 2007
Wijchen
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Hello, I'm on CrDroid 7.21 vanilla+microG for a few days now, and really enjoy it ;

- good battery backup, hence why I stay on A11 (2+ days with 10+ sot and lots of Bluetooth streaming to speaker/headset), with 100+ apps installed
- latest A11 security updates
- good APT-x support for headset
- good tuned audio, with fine tuning possibility. Don't miss Dolby add on that much
- Miuicam out of the box, but with pixelcam much better photos.
- performance really really good, ram management excellent (mostly 4+GB free), no lag and flying thru updates/install
- all apps work, using vanilla build+microG. Of course not the ones that won't work with vanilla+microG, like maps etc.

So all in all one happy camper here!

Some minor things tho;
- some settings won't hold; default camera when double power click won't stick, sometimes have to set it again. And some more settings, but don't remember right now, so that's how many there are, not! =)
- the tweaks are plenty, but miss some from my last rom AICP; brightness check once when screen on, and stays static until screen off. WiFi and 4G automatic turn off after xx time no connection. With these two battery backup would go even further in my opinion...

But all in all, until A13 is being build like the tank A11 is, I'm on A11 all the way. All of my music and online needs are being served with great performance, what more a user needs....

So thanks and much respect to the maintainer(s) of this excellent A11 rom !!

Last edited:

zohrann

Oct 24, 2007
Wijchen
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Going to see of option B works for me... Could you please explain why safety net is needed? With magisk hide in the magisk app my banking app works just fine...

ChriMo

Oct 13, 2014
Going to see of option B works for me... Could you please explain why safety net is needed? With magisk hide in the magisk app my banking app works just fine...
Thanks for your experience/feedback regarding crDroid A11 vs A12 and outlook to A13 change. I think I will also skip A12 on devices where a good A11 ROM is available.

Regarding your question it seems this depends on the Banking App: from (almost) no security check they seem to go to verify all possible security checks, with the latter more common. So in your case you do not need the full setup it seems - at least as long as the coders of your Banking App do not include SafetyNet check.

Reactions: zohrann

Viggen66

Mar 22, 2009
Thanks for the person ever build this new rom from CrDroid, I have downloaded all repo but it always gave me error when building the kernel, I guess it must be done with someone who has lots of knowledge, also when compiling, normally won't came with MIUI camera, this rom is superb and X3 Pro is working flawlessly.

Reactions: nikapos

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

Install instructions:

Pre-installation:

Flashing Instructions from any custom ROM (Thanks to Raf & @kamild_)
    • Backup all your data.
    • Transfer ROM and other zips (such as Gapps or Magisk) to internal storage, SD card or USB drive.
    • Boot/reboot to recovery.
    • Flash recommended MIUI firmware 12.5.5.0.
    You can find them here. If you're already on it, you can skip this step. You can flash the fastboot version of the MIUI stock ROM through Mi Flash tool / Fastboot too but the procedure is slower.
    • Flash CrDroid ROM.
    • Flash GApps (Optional step) FlameGapps
    • Flash Magisk (Optional step, only if you want root)
    • Format Data > type "yes" and press enter (different from the "wipe data" option)
    • Reboot to system

First time installation from MIUI 12.5.2.0 or above:

1. Remove any fingerprint, PIN, or password in MIUI. Backup all your data, next step will factory reset the device.
    2. Unlock the bootloader.
    3. Flash recommended custom recovery from the "Prerequisites" section with fastboot.
    4. Continue from step 2 of the "custom ROM instructions" below.

UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS:​

OTA Working: Just update from OTA screen

Manual Update installation:

• Reboot to recovery
    • Flash Rom (default path: root/data/crdroid_updates)
    • Wipe Cache/Dalvik
    • Reboot

Download:
    ROM CrDroid - Vayu/Bhima Rom Download

Known issues:
    -Tell me, be sure to include a log: check how to

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Device tree: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_device_xiaomi_vayu

Credits:
    @neobuddy89 - Current Co-Maintainer
    @SebaUbuntu, @Kubersharma for device trees.
    Xawlw, Foxtrot47 for device updates & fixes.
    @Nebrassy for his work with TWRP.
    Mochi for his amazing work in kernel & updates.
    @darthjabba9 for his work with OFox.
    + All devs that make this possible

@SebaUbuntu for his OSS Vendor based version and trees.
    Poco X3 Pro DevHub - All testers & Admins (Uwe Pilot, Stiff, TheDutchTesterGuy, ...)
    LineageOS, SlimRoms, AOSPA (Paranoid Android), OmniRom.
    CrDroid Team @neobuddy89 - Lup Gabriel...many others

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    Poco X3 Pro | OFFICIAL Telegram
    crDroid Community Telegram
    crDroid Poco X3 Pro - vayu Telegram
    Donate to help CrDroid team pay server costs
    Donate to help me in development
    this is a missing feature, unlocking works, but lacks a choice of fingerprint scanner behavior
    Yes, I need to check how to implement in vayu.

I'm happy to say we have Official Support!

Thanks to all for your comments.

New update avaiable ;-)
    ViPER4Android FX and James DSP Manager - Break Wi-Fi, simply won't turn on

After installing NLSound 2.3, the sound starts to wheeze (upon notification), this is when properly configured, as it was done on other roms.

These modifications can be installed in magisk and working properly on other roms

However, nice rom!
    Thanks,
    Sorry, some magisk modules are breaking device overlays so I don't support modules for now.

and fingerprint press and touch toggle
    is dynamic refresh rate possible to add like on arrowos
    Dynamic refresh added in next version.

fps info fixed

CrDroid was always one of my favorite roms, the only things that are a bit annoying are:
    - press fp to unlock button that one of poco x3 nfc devs made it possible.
    - haptic feedback when you pull down status bar...
    thanks
    (press fp to unlock button) I have tried it but commenting on it with more people I do not know if it is the best option.
    There is no option to select the button behavior.
    There are reboots when using trcamera and Google meet the log also has camX errors spammed
    View attachment 5328217
    Will be fixed in next versions
    New build, 23-05

-Fixed Battery Charge Led (need to fix brightness)
    -Fixed Metadata issue with media-gallery (seems still video files preview issues in rare cases)
    -Added GoogleCamGo
    -Rom Changes

Can be dirty flash + Wipe caches.

Link to download from Sourceforge:
    Hi, new OSS version is ready.

Required firmware: MIUI (Global): V12.5.2.0

To update, format data is required. (You can try dirty flash, if bootloop, reboot to recovery and format data)
    -Download new version by OTA or from Soundforge.
    -Reboot to recovery
    -Flash new update (No Gapps reflash needed)
    -Format data (type yes)
    -Reboot to system.

If you found problems for updating, flash MIUI Global Rom from recovery and follow above steps.

Thanks for your support.