• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11.0] crDroid 7.x for A5/A7 2017

Search This thread

hikaru78

Jul 5, 2021
installed latest revision of rom june 2017
Works well except charging display is a bit wierd. On lock screen id shows very low charge rate. Never shows fast charging even when device is fast charging.

Using ampere shows difference charging current then on home screeen charing on ampere is over 1000ma home screen shows 2ma

Simon1511

Recognized Developer
installed latest revision of rom june 2017
Works well except charging display is a bit wierd. On lock screen id shows very low charge rate. Never shows fast charging even when device is fast charging.

Using ampere shows difference charging current then on home screeen charing on ampere is over 1000ma home screen shows 2ma
You can ignore that, the phone still fast charges. It just doesn't show the correct current.

twisteros

Dec 16, 2014
I installed the latest version of CRDroid and it's working great. The battery life is impressive. Especially comparing to Lineage. However I can't get call recording running. Neither stock or free magisk module (didn't try the paid one) worked for me.

I'd like to install the latest CRDroid 4 which is based on Android 8.

Where can I download it?

Reactions: Simon1511

Simon1511

Recognized Developer
I installed the latest version of CRDroid and it's working great. The battery life is impressive. Especially comparing to Lineage. However I can't get call recording running. Neither stock or free magisk module (didn't try the paid one) worked for me.

Where can I download it?
Nobody has ever made crDroid 4 for our device, and there is no point in making it now.

In terms of call recording, this is not gonna work on AOSP (or at least I didnt get it to work yet). crDroid has call recording built in, but like the magisk module for call recording it seems to be incompatible to our audio system.
If you really need call recording, I would advise you to use stock ROM (if it supports call rec) or a port ROM like Rise-Q, hadesRom or KoreasRom.

Fire1511

Sep 4, 2019
Nobody has ever made crDroid 4 for our device, and there is no point in making it now.

In terms of call recording, this is not gonna work on AOSP (or at least I didnt get it to work yet). crDroid has call recording built in, but like the magisk module for call recording it seems to be incompatible to our audio system.
If you really need call recording, I would advise you to use stock ROM (if it supports call rec) or a port ROM like Rise-Q, hadesRom or KoreasRom.
Or FlashRom

Fire1511

Sep 4, 2019

Can you please test my rom ? Pm me I will give you the link

Arash.saye

Jan 6, 2021

Where can I download it?
I had the same problem. Only Rise-Q audio recording works.

Simon1511

Recognized Developer
Heads up!
crDroid has been updated to the latest v7.9 release based on android 11!
As always, you can find the official links on page 1.

Im not 100% sure if dirty flashing v7.9 over the last v6.x build will work, but as you may have read in the LineageOS thread it did work for some people, but also failed for some.
So before reporting any issues consider doing a clean flash.
Also, don't forget to update your Gapps to 11!

Last edited:

Blueman129

Aug 16, 2021
On my device (A7 2017) running latest build of crDroid 7.9:
there is voice echo during voice calls via apps like Messenger and Telegram. However, this issue doesn't happen during voice calls via SIM card.
Is there a fix for such issue?

Simon1511

Recognized Developer
On my device (A7 2017) running latest build of crDroid 7.9:
there is voice echo during voice calls via apps like Messenger and Telegram. However, this issue doesn't happen during voice calls via SIM card.
Is there a fix for such issue?
This is a problem that exists since android 10. We haven't found a fix for it yet, so if you want fully echo-free calls you should probably downgrade to any android 9 ROM.

Matteo Casu

Dec 25, 2014
Don't know why but sometimes my phone randomly freeze on black screen after pressed the lock screen button.
I've to manually reboot hold pressing power button and volume down.
Can someone help me? im on Crdroid 7.9 latest version and rise kernel (the bug there was also with stock kernel and also on crdroid 6) maybe some settings wrong on crdroid settings page?

Fire1511

Sep 4, 2019
Don't know why but sometimes my phone randomly freeze on black screen after pressed the lock screen button.
I've to manually reboot hold pressing power button and volume down.
Can someone help me? im on Crdroid 7.9 latest version and rise kernel (the bug there was also with stock kernel and also on crdroid 6) maybe some settings wrong on crdroid settings page?
Ciao

ZFGFade

Oct 4, 2018
I'm running on crdroid 6 latest version, is it possible to just straight flash the crdroid 7 zip and it will work fine? Or do I have to wipe?

Edit:
I just installed it straight up and it's working great, quick question tho, is there any way to turn off the background blur in the notifications?

Edit2:
I removed it by disabling the 'Enable blurs' option in the display settings but that also removed all of the other blur, such as in the recents menu

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi great rom, thanks for the effort you put into it. One question, can I flash it on a Galaxy A6 2018? It has Exynos 7870 instead of 7880 and Mali-T830MP1 instead of Mali-T830MP3. Thanks.
    I think you would be better off trying to flash an A3 ROM (since it has also got an 7870), but even then, you probably shouldn't flash ROMs that aren't for your device. I think at least the kernel would have to be different.
    crDroid 7.x for the Galaxy A5/A7 2017

LineageOS, an open-source Android distribution, is available for several devices,
    with more being continuously added thanks to the biggest, yet ever growing, Android open-source community.

crDroid uses LineageOS as base. We try to keep in sync with LineageOS source while also adding lots of customizations for you to choose from.

Code:
    Your warranty is now void.

Im not responsible for any damage that may happen to your device but I will be here to help.

All the ROMs source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo and crDroid Github repo.​

Working
    • Everything that is not listed under Bugs

Bugs
    • None Im aware of

Supported variants
    All variants of Galaxy A5 (2017) and Galaxy A7 (2017). Dual SIM is also supported.

How to install
    • Make sure you have Oreo bootloader and modem before installing this ROM.
    • Make sure you are using the latest official TWRP/SHRP/Orangefox version.
    • Download the ROMs zip.
    • Optionally download Gapps and Magisk
    • In recovery, wipe system, data and cache.
    • Flash the ROM.
    • Optionally, flash Gapps and Magisk right after.
    • Reboot.

Downloads
    A5: Download
    A7: Download

OpenGapps: Download (Choose ARM64 and 11.0)

Last official 6.x builds:
    A5: Sourceforge
    A7: Sourceforge

Old unofficial 6.x builds:
    A5: Androidfilehost
    A7: Androidfilehost

Credits
    • @Option58 for the work on the Lineage sources for our device
    • Me for spending my time on this
    • LineageOS Team
    • crDroid Team
    • Everyone else I missed

Source Code: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_kernel_samsung_universal7880

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest bootloader and modem are recommended
    Based On: crDroid/LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable
    Unofficial changelogs

09 August 2020
    *August security patch (crDroid 6.9)
    *Latest LineageOS and crDroid sources
    *Updated RIl to fix signal strength
    *Fixed echo and in-call volume changing
    *GPS from A720S
    *Sensors from A720F
    *DRM + Widevine L1 from A720S
    *Added FlipFlap
    *SELinux enforcing
    *Fingerprint from A720S

25 July 2020
    *Latest LineageOS and crDroid sources
    *Reverted some changes from the 18/07/2020 build which introduced random reboots and partially broken GPS
    *Decreased microphone volume - credits to Option58

18 July 2020
    *Latest LineageOS and crDroid sources (v6.8 with July security patch)
    *Fixed no sound during phone calls when switching between earpiece and speaker
    *Fixed WiFi hotspot which I accidentally broke in a previous build
    *Added androidfilehost as download mirror

29 June 2020
    *Latest LineageOS and crDroid sources (v6.7 with June security patch)
    *Slightly improved no sound during phone calls (NOT 100% fixed)
    *Switched kernel back to Permissive to come around possible issues
    *Fixed no system sounds
    *Fixed GPS (Please note that GPS only works with GAPPS installed!)
    *SIM not recognized bug (should) be fixed
    *Other minor improvements

08 May 2020
    * Latest LineageOS and crDroid sources
    * Selinux Enforcing
    * Slight performance improvements (you probably wont notice)
    * Fixed bluetooth audio
    * Slight audio improvements
    * Support for installing on Korean variants of A5 and A7

23 March 2020
    * Latest LineageOS and crDroid sources
    * March security patch
    * Moved new builds to Google Drive
    * Updated RIL to latest AOSP
    * Switched to camera2 instead of snap and fixed video recording in camera2
    * Forced HAL1 camera for some apps (snapchat, instagram, whatsapp)
    * Switched to HIDL power HAL
    * Added custom OTA-updates (That DOES NOT make it official!) You will see new updates under Settings->crDroid Settings->About crDroid->Updates
    * Changed "reboot to bootloader" to "reboot to download" in advanced restart menu
    * Fingerprint updates for better stability
    * Adressed some AVC denials (still Permissive)
    * Updated audio hal to 5.0 and changed some values in audio policy (needs testing, please report back!)

22 February 2020
    * Initial release
    Update 09/08/2020

Changelog: Second Post

Please note that the changelog in this build equals the one from the LineageOS Beta3.0a build, so all changes here have been done by @Option58.

Downloads

A5: Google Drive | Androidfilehost

A7: Google Drive | Androidfilehost
    Update 18/07/2020

Downloads
    For those who update from an older build: Make sure to wipe /system before installation to prevent possible issues.

A5: Google Drive | Androidfilehost

A7: Google Drive | Androidfilehost

Please also consider looking at the changelog here and the updated buglist in the first post.

For those of you who use the ProjectRise kernel: Please note that the "official" version from the thread wont work correctly on this build of crDroid.
    For those who still want to use the kernel, download the right version from one of the links below. Only use this version on the latest crDroid build.

A5: Androidfilehost

A7: Androidfilehost
    23/03/2020

New builds up!

A5: Google Drive

A7: Google Drive

Changelog: Second post

Please continue reporting bugs and errors, that helps a lot!