• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11.0] crDroid v7.9 [OFFICIAL][RMX2151] [15.07.2021]

Search This thread

darkMamba

Jan 2, 2012
Realme 7
I have a RMX2155 and it's successfully unlocked by these guide https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-realme-7-rmx2155-global-bootloader-unlock.4265055/

After that my device is recognized as RMX2151

I've tried original TWRP and PBRP as well and also tried to only delete Data and Cache at first and later the format data option before installation. Both methods had the same error (described above) when I try to install latest crDroid zip file. It's the only one I tried so far.

Last edited:
I have a RMX2155 and it's successfully unlocked by these guide https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-realme-7-rmx2155-global-bootloader-unlock.4265055/

After that my device is recognized as RMX2151

I've tried original TWRP and PBRP as well and also tried to only delete Data and Cache at first and later the format data option before installation. Both methods had the same error (described above) when I try to install latest crDroid zip file. It's the only one I tried so far.
What version of PBRP are you running? The one attached is 3.1 20200810, which is the latest version at the moment. The recovery image you need to flash should be in the "TWRP" folder, despite it being PBRP. Let me know if it works after. As for how to flash, I recommend that you format everything besides external storage and OTG (if you have either), and then push the files you want to flash onto the internal storage via ADB commands (unless you have an SD Card.)

Attachments

• PBRP-RMX2001-3.1.0-20210810-1805-OFFICIAL.zip
    52.6 MB · Views: 3

adamuadamu

Dec 9, 2011
Poznan
I have some issues with GPS stuff, ie. it works only for GMaps and other satnav app I use (Yanosik). And it works only when real GPS sees the satelites, the phone can't locate me based on gsm towers/wifi even no matter if I toggle it to whatever state. When I go out, there's absolutely no problem with gps fix, but still strange.

Some other apps like "Paczkomaty" (a parcel management app) or "Jakdojade" (a commuting app showing best connections within town) can't get any location at all.

"GPS Status&Toolbox" is able to get GPS fix even indoors after resetting A-GPS state, but even after getting correct position within the app, when I switch to GMaps, it still doesn't recognize my location

No tricks like clearing dalvik, clearing certain app data have helped so far. Any suggestions?
---
EDIT: after trying all possible solutions found over the internet to cure GPS, I decided to clean flash crdroid 7.8 - so far so good, everything including GPS works properly. I am going to pay more attention to GPS related apps now, as I'm quite sure that immediately after clean flash of crdroid 7.9, everything was OK for the first couple of days.

Last edited:

SilentCommand

Sep 14, 2021
What version of PBRP are you running? The one attached is 3.1 20200810, which is the latest version at the moment. The recovery image you need to flash should be in the "TWRP" folder, despite it being PBRP. Let me know if it works after. As for how to flash, I recommend that you format everything besides external storage and OTG (if you have either), and then push the files you want to flash onto the internal storage via ADB commands (unless you have an SD Card.)
Just flashed the PBRP image you provided, and have the ROM on an SDcard. But still can't flash it.
20210914_212009.jpg

Same error this morning when I tried to install it with ADB Sideload.

Now when I try a regular boot, I see the Realme7 yellow logo, then black screen with only few notification icons ((time,NFC and battery status), plus the right bottom nabigation icon (to go back nowhere).
In this crippled Stock ROM the power button is working and lets me reboot and power off, but can't do anything else: no homescreen, no apps...

Edit: since last normal booting, the stock recovery is back...

If I reinstall stock ROM from stock recovery on wifi, will it re-lock bootloader and install RealmeUI2?
I didn't find a way to reflash the Realme UI1 stock ROM (which I have thans to @OrthodoxOxygen but is not a zip)

Last edited:
Just flashed the PBRP image you provided, and have the ROM on an SDcard. But still can't flash it.
View attachment 5409875

Now when I try a regular boot, I see the Realme7 yellow logo, then black screen with only few notification icons ((time,NFC and battery status), plus the right bottom nabigation icon (to go back nowhere).
In this crippled Stock ROM the power button is working and lets me reboot and power off, but can't do anything else: no homescreen, no apps...

If I reinstall stock ROM from stock recovery on wifi, will it re-lock bootloader and install RealmeUI2?
I didn't find a way to reflash the Realme UI1 stock ROM (which I have thans to @OrthodoxOxygen but is not a zip)
Are you sure your phone is an RMX2155/RMX2151? This phone isn't an A/B-partitioned phone. Maybe you have a Realme 7 5G/Pro, or something?

View attachment 5409875

You need to do a bunch of extraction and whatnot. Kinda complex. Download the ROM from the MEGA here:

Then, use SP Flash-Tool to flash the stock ROM.

SilentCommand

Sep 14, 2021
Are you sure your phone is an RMX2155/RMX2151? This phone isn't an A/B-partitioned phone. Maybe you have a Realme 7 5G/Pro, or something?
I am 100% sure of that. Brand new, arrived in a yellow box written realme 7, sticker on the back of the box and the phone indicating RMX2155. I have the 8/128 version tho, no idea if the ROM is flashable only on the other version (6/64 iirc)?

I'll just try to put a working stock ROM on the phone thanks to stock recovery and hope it doesn't re-lock the bootloader.
It seems obvious flashing this phone is too complex for me right now. I miss the old days I was flashing Samsungs with Odin, easy. At that time I had much more free time tho, since I didn't have a newborn :]

Anyway, thanks a lot for all your precious advice so far. I won't let a phone win in the long run. I want to own my phone. I'll be back!

Reactions: OrthodoxOxygen
I am 100% sure of that. Brand new, arrived in a yellow box written realme 7, sticker on the back of the box and the phone indicating RMX2155. I have the 8/128 version tho, no idea if the ROM is flashable only on the other version (6/64 iirc)?

I'll just try to put a working stock ROM on the phone thanks to stock recovery and hope it doesn't re-lock the bootloader.
It seems obvious flashing this phone is too complex for me right now. I miss the old days I was flashing Samsungs with Odin, easy. At that time I had much more free time tho, since I didn't have a newborn :]

Anyway, thanks a lot for all your precious advice so far. I won't let a phone win in the long run. I want to own my phone. I'll be back!
I have the exact same model, so, no, your phone should be good-to-flash. These sorts of issues seem to affect people at random: either it happens, or it doesn't. It's strange, and I haven't really been able to identify a pattern between happenings. Maybe it's something to do with the RealmeUI version you are using before you unlock/flash things? Not too sure.

I definitely recommend that you come back once you have more time. This phone can be one hell of a pain sometimes.

P.S: Had a Samsung S4 awhile back. Those were actual golden-years. Remember spending day and night testing ROMs out for fun, because root was easily flashed through Odin, and CWM recovery was flashable via the phone itself. Goldeneye and LineageOS were the only stable ones, if I remember correctly, but it didn't stop me from trying the others anyway, hehe.

adamuadamu

Dec 9, 2011
Poznan
I've been running crD 7.8 with no issues for the last week. It has advantage over 7.9, as the majority of sites are able to play multimedia inside Chrome (impossible in 7.9). Disadvantage: I wasn't able to pass CTS integrity even with magisk modules.
My major issue with the rom is the fact that there's something wrong with camera module/app/libs/whatever for RMX 2155 that is told to have Samsung GM1 sensor (48mpix), contrary to IMX682 (64mp) reported for RMX2151. As the pictures taken are disappointing (lack of detail, blurriness), as if I was taking photos with some kind of redmi note 2 or similar aged device ;) I started to search and: AIDA64 shows contrary info - 48mpix camera and IMX682 sensor name; HWInfo shows plenty of sensors (most probably it reads it from available libs in /vendor/lib, as there is GM1, IMX682 and bunch of other sensors like omnivision that are probably used for tele/macro lens.
Some config file found on system partition (AFAIR Boardconfig.mk1 or sth like that) also shows bunch of names used for cams. BUT: is there a way to force the system to use GM1 sensor with proper libs? After I bought the phone, I took some photos using stock ROM and there are clear and visible differences as far as the quality is concerned.

coskun19876

Feb 2, 2018
BE3pE0l.png

Code:
*** Disclaimer
I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/10.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

First time installation:
  • 1. Disable AVB with fastboot (fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img)
  • 2. Flash PBRP with fastboot (fastboot flash recovery recovery.img)
  • 3. Reboot to Recovery
  • 4. Wipe Data/Cache
  • 5. Flash the ROM (Could need to unmount system before if it's mounted), then flash GAPPS
  • 6. Format data
  • 7. Reboot to System

Update installation:
  • 1. Download the proper flashable ZIP for your device
  • 2. Reboot to Recovery
  • 3. Flash the ROM and GAPPS
  • 4. Reboot to System

Sources:
ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
Kernel: Prebuilt Kernel from A.83
Device: Click Here

Download:
ROM https://sourceforge.net/projects/cr...ndroid-11.0-20210715-RMX2151-v7.8.zip/downloa
Changelog: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/c...DroidOTA/10.0/changelog_<device codename>.txt

Known issues:
* U tell me

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
crDroid RMX2151 Telegram
crDroid Community Telegram
Donate to help our team pay server costs
When will update 7.10 be released?

Top Liked Posts