• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11.0] crDroidAndroid v7.x for Redmi Note 8/8T [Unified][Official]

Search This thread
BE3pE0l.png

Code:
*** Disclaimer
I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:

First time installation:
  • Download Rom, Gapps & Magisk (If you want ROOT)
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Format data (If Encrypted)
  • Wipe system, vendor, cache, dalvik, data
  • Flash Rom, Gapps & Magisk (optional)
  • Flash latest android 10 firmware
  • Reboot

Update installation:
  • Wipe system, vendor, cache, dalvik
  • Reboot

Sources:
ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
Kernel: https://github.com/mg712702/android_kernel_xiaomi_ginkgo

Download:
ROM https://crdroid.net/ginkgo
Changelog: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/crdroidandroid/android_vendor_crDroidOTA/11.0/changelog_ginkgo.txt

Known issues:
You tell me

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
crDroid Ginkgo Telegram
crDroid Community Telegram
Donate to help our team pay server costs
If I flash this, will be my device remain certified?

Xhatry

Feb 10, 2016
I'm having the same issue with the wifi as mentioned before with the 10.10.21 update while dirty flashing. Please let me know if I can do something to help you fix it. Thank you for all the hard work!

Xhatry

Feb 10, 2016
Now I did a clean flash with the prior android 11 firmware flash. The wifi problem seems to have gone away but flashing flame gapps gave me errors with google photos stopping all the time and nikgapps gave me problems restoring my google backup of apps and files (I couldn't restore my stuff). It has nothing to do with the rom developing but it is worth mentioning it for those who are going to make a clean flash. I will report how the Rom goes from now on very soon. Thank you very much developer for your answer and your support!

mg712702

Oct 22, 2016
Serampore
Redmi Note 8
Now I did a clean flash with the prior android 11 firmware flash. The wifi problem seems to have gone away but flashing flame gapps gave me errors with google photos stopping all the time and nikgapps gave me problems restoring my google backup of apps and files (I couldn't restore my stuff). It has nothing to do with the rom developing but it is worth mentioning it for those who are going to make a clean flash. I will report how the Rom goes from now on very soon. Thank you very much developer for your answer and your support!
Restoring backup causing that.

pusco

Jan 7, 2014
Hi,is there a fix for the problem of the display sensor during calls?
When I call the display is reactivated by itself and at the end of the call I find myself with scattered icons or open windows Tested all the sensors and they are all working including that of the display which has a value of 5 and obviously covering it 0

mbeibz

Aug 22, 2020
I've several question about this rom before i flash it

1. I have V12.5.3.0.RCOCNXM firmware. Is that ok for flash it on the latest version about this rom?

2. Does this rom have call blocking like original miui (blocked strangers number)? Because another rom have block call option but it's not automatic reject or block. Whwn in original miui have thia setting

3. Does this rom have game booster like original miui?

4. Does this rom not going full screen on whatsapp call or video while im in gaming?

Thanks

fionnlagh

Jul 18, 2021
Redmi Note 8
It seems to be a bad idea in general to use the OTA Update function with this ROM.
I had to fully wipe the device every update, because it gets stuck in a boot loop afterwards.

No mods, no root installed. Just the ROM.

Always back up your stuff before updating!

dxD7

Feb 3, 2021
Redmi Note 8
It seems to be a bad idea in general to use the OTA Update function with this ROM.
I had to fully wipe the device every update, because it gets stuck in a boot loop afterwards.

I've been using this rom for almost a year and I've used the ota updater every month without problems, ever.

My phone is rooted and I use orangefox recovery, I also do a backup with migrate before updating just in case.

MacGyverLarisa

Dec 27, 2011
Rhodes
Redmi Note 8

I use this ROM from Jul and every month i use OTA with orangeFox recovery amd magisk with bo problem

Reactions: dxD7

Stilghar82

Nov 9, 2021
I've been using 7.11 version of the ROM on my Redmi Note 8T for some time now and I love it.

Today I restarted my phone, only to find out, that my fingerprint recognition has stopped working. There are no fingerprints stored. When I try to add a new one, I start the procedure, raise the finger a couple of times to set it up, and when there is only one step left to end the fingerprint, I get an error "Can't regiser fingerpriint. Try again or use a different finger" - neither of these help.

Do you have an idea, what could have happenned and how to resolve it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211109 1.jpg
    Screenshot_20211109 1.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20211109 2.jpg
    Screenshot_20211109 2.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 17

lifesaver38

Jan 1, 2019
Grenoble
I have always seen painstags painful with the Equalizer AudioFX in Bluetooth. It works on the first piece of music, then turns off when I go to the next. AudioFX indicates that it is active, which is wrong, deactivation and reactivation does not change anything. The only way to reactivate audiofx, which works every time is to pause the piece of music, then read. Painful, especially as under Havoc with the basic equalizer less evolved, I did not have any kind of plant.
There is no one who meets this problem of equalizer who turns off at times? Well, it's simple to reactivate, but it's really painful! I even expect, just because of this, to start at a less customized Rom like Havoc or Arrows, which has a management of the equalizer simpler but especially more stable. It would be very bad because this rom is really great!

lifesaver38

Jan 1, 2019
Grenoble

NeoPreacher

Dec 4, 2012
Bielefeld
Motorola Defy
Moto G5 Plus
Instead of comparing quite different roms, which kinda lacks respect for the hard work the dev put in, try to capture a log (eg with matlog) which seems quite easy for your kind of problem. And if you need to blackmail with moving on to another ROM that makes it better in your opinion, then move. Where's the problem? It's a give and take here and we as users can do more to push development. We are all users here, not customers and should not behave like that...

Reactions: MacGyverLarisa

lifesaver38

Jan 1, 2019
Grenoble
Instead of comparing quite different roms, which kinda lacks respect for the hard work the dev put in, try to capture a log (eg with matlog) which seems quite easy for your kind of problem. And if you need to blackmail with moving on to another ROM that makes it better in your opinion, then move. Where's the problem? It's a give and take here and we as users can do more to push development. We are all users here, not customers and should not behave like that...
What the interest of this kind of irrespectious post ? It's a problem testing differents rom for knowing if a problem has for origin the hardware or the software ? Respect begins by himself. I've a lot of respect for devs, and i try for a long date with the community to report bugs, in a langage which is not mine

• Sad
Reactions: NeoPreacher

1weirdFish

Apr 12, 2019
Toronto
Downloaded version 7.11 yesterday from within Android UI (I believe it's running crDroid 7.8) and installed it. Now the ROM doesn't boot, it always went back to recovery after what seemed a failed boot.

I am running OrangeFox recovery, when I do the wipe in it, it shows the following text in red: Android Rescure Party trigger, ... ...

Using the file explorer within the OrangeFox, I can't even find the downloaded crDroid ver 7.11, where could it be stored?

Is there a way I can get the phone to boot without formatting, such as flashing DM-Verity or Disable Forced Encryption? Both options are available in OrangeFox -> Settings -> OTA, I tried turn them on / off, it doesn't seem to have any effect.

Thank you very very very much!

Fish

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I use this ROM from Jul and every month i use OTA with orangeFox recovery amd magisk with bo problem
    Could be worth to flash dfe.zip manually (from your sd-card). For me it helped in some situations with booting issues.
    Thank you for your quick response!

Where can I download the dfe.zip for my ginkgo? Sorry, I think I read it somewhere in this thread, but forgot where it is.

Never mind, found and flashed it through recovery. Phone started normally now. Will have to check whether or not everything else works.

What do I do without this community, hats off to maintainer and all the experts here!!!
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:

First time installation:
    • Download Rom, Gapps & Magisk (If you want ROOT)
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Format data (If Encrypted)
    • Wipe system, vendor, cache, dalvik, data
    • Flash latest android 10 firmware
    • Reboot

Update installation:
    • Wipe system, vendor, cache, dalvik
    • Reboot

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Kernel: https://github.com/mg712702/android_kernel_xiaomi_ginkgo

Download:
    ROM https://crdroid.net/ginkgo
    Changelog: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/crdroidandroid/android_vendor_crDroidOTA/11.0/changelog_ginkgo.txt

Known issues:
    You tell me

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    crDroid Ginkgo Telegram
    crDroid Community Telegram
    Donate to help our team pay server costs
    crDroidAndroid v7.10 Is Here

Build Date:- 13th Sep, 2021

Download The Build From Here

Changelogs:
    * Initial crDroid 7.10 code base
    * Merged tag android-11.0.0_r43
    * Redesigned notification media player
    * Fixed SafetyNet (no need of any modules)
    * Selected custom font now applies system wide and also in apps
    * Fixed few banking apps detecting root even after hiding magisk
    * Disabled UI touch sound by default
    * Fine-tuned schedutil rate limits
    * Added back soundtrigger hal
    * Added ADB on/off toggle to gaming mode
    * Updated translations
    * Much more fixes and improvements
    crDroid v7.5 Is Here

Build Date:- 15th April, 2021

Download The Build From Here

Changelogs: