• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11.0] crDroidAndroid v7.x for s5neolte [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

evil-god

1635625880850.png

Code:
*** Disclaimer
I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:

First time installation:

• Download Rom, Gapps & Magisk (If you want ROOT)
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Format data
  • Flash Rom, optional Gapps & Magisk
  • reboot and enjoy

Sources: https://gitlab.com/samsung_s5neolte

Known issues:
you tell me

Credits goes to:
LineageOS
Community

Last edited:

sanczooo

Nov 4, 2013
after flash im missing keyboard and messaging apps, flashed with and without gapps, same result, even after manual install of any keyboard app, system does not recognize them.

jreneusz

Sep 10, 2021
Hello, great rom, congratulations on work, I have a problem with bluetooth, after pairing the device, after 1-2 seconds it disconnects the device.

evil-god

Hello, great rom, congratulations on work, I have a problem with bluetooth, after pairing the device, after 1-2 seconds it disconnects the device.
confirmed, will take a look.
no bug, more a special thing with android 11, when you connect two phones enable "Settings > Network and Internet > Hotspot and tethering > Bluetooth tethering" on both phones.

my jabra speak 510 works instantly without anything special. see pictures.

dont know what you are do with bluetooth, but if you have wifi in your location its way faster to share files with kdeconnect(is in playstore/fdroid), directly from device to device or pc ;-)

Screenshot_20211106-111331808.jpg
Screenshot_20211106-111546576.jpg

Last edited:

Eduardo Lucas

Nov 19, 2021
I have no idea on where to start. You were the first who actually did an >android9 rom (all android 10 and 11 ones i've tried failed) to SM-G903M. But it doesn't stops right there.

-Performance is amazing. It feels even faster than CrDroid in galaxy S7 (my older, now screen-damaged, phone).

-Battery control levels (battery economy/balanced/performance) in battery settings keep true to what they promise. Battery economy keeps only 4 of the 8 cortex-a53 small cores on, to a 1ghz maximum, balanced delivers excellent performance and battery life, performance is excellent for compression and other tasks but with a higher power draw

-Memory management is excellent, something vital in a 2gb ram phone.

-Noop as default I/O

-ROM is so slim, even after gapps, trashing with all possible apps, custom whatsapp, and all kinds of addons, i still have 2GB of my 16GB space left, something IMPOSSIBLE on stock ROMs.

-Face unlock is smooth, fast, precise.

-No bugs as of now

I'm really asking myself if you don't actually use this phone daily, because the level of attention to details (geekbench even shows the phone in this ROM performance rivaling the j7 and exynos 7870 which is a faster chip) is amazing. Even the onscreen button toggle works (not using them btw), something which failed miserably for me in crdroid and dotOS from galaxy s7. I can't stress out how grateful i am, i thought i would never leave android 6 because my model (sm-g903m) was not compatible with other ROMs. I will update to android 12 if you make it happen for us again, sm-g903m, sm-g903f, sm-g903w, all included, as some developers (you an exception) seem to forget there are users worldwide who do not own american models

Thank you so much. If you need any actual help with anything, spreading the news about your ROM with a youtube video review in my native language and in clear english, i can do it. Just PM me.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: evil-god

jreneusz

Sep 10, 2021
confirmed, will take a look.
no bug, more a special thing with android 11, when you connect two phones enable "Settings > Network and Internet > Hotspot and tethering > Bluetooth tethering" on both phones.

my jabra speak 510 works instantly without anything special. see pictures.

dont know what you are do with bluetooth, but if you have wifi in your location its way faster to share files with kdeconnect(is in playstore/fdroid), directly from device to device or pc ;-)

View attachment 5450975View attachment 5450977
Thanks for the answer, will try kdeconnect.

wvanstraalen

Oct 20, 2013
How's the mic working on this ROM, is it also very low in calls?

I might test after I play around with the LOS a bit more, see if I can get it to work there.

Mike-san

Nov 24, 2021
How's the mic working on this ROM, is it also very low in calls?

I might test after I play around with the LOS a bit more, see if I can get it to work there.

I just tested this ROM yesterday and unfortunately mic works in the same manner as in LOS 17.1 and LOS 18.1

I just don't get - how it is that some people here report that everything works perfectly and some can't have regular phone calls. MICGAIN patches do not work. S5 Neo lifevibes by danwood76 work only in v2 (still not close to stock quality). Speakerphone completely dead.

My device is SM-G903F (European distribution), maybe there is some difference in microphone hardware values between different devices distributions? It seems as if those custom ROMs mic programming has way too low values for mic input compared to mic hardware.

Hey devs, is there any chance to fix this problem? I volunteer to test any solutions and report them back here for future reference.

Thanks

evil-god

I just tested this ROM yesterday and unfortunately mic works in the same manner as in LOS 17.1 and LOS 18.1

I just don't get - how it is that some people here report that everything works perfectly and some can't have regular phone calls. MICGAIN patches do not work. S5 Neo lifevibes by danwood76 work only in v2 (still not close to stock quality). Speakerphone completely dead.

My device is SM-G903F (European distribution), maybe there is some difference in microphone hardware values between different devices distributions? It seems as if those custom ROMs mic programming has way too low values for mic input compared to mic hardware.

Hey devs, is there any chance to fix this problem? I volunteer to test any solutions and report them back here for future reference.

Thanks
thx for reporting, i will take a look

edit: my device is a SM-G903F too, today my GF and me switch the phone, make several calls, then switch back, do some test calls, everything work for both sides normal, cant reproduce any issue.

anyone else with this problem?

Last edited:

Mike-san

Nov 24, 2021
thx for reporting, i will take a look

edit: my device is a SM-G903F too, today my GF and me switch the phone, make several calls, then switch back, do some test calls, everything work for both sides normal, cant reproduce any issue.

anyone else with this problem?

Hi,

Didn't know you replied by editing. Been too busy during whole week to take a closer look on this thread.

Thanks a lot for trying to figure out what's going on. This is really strange that you did not experience any issues during phone calls - what distribution your phone is? I've read that there may be some differences between different distributions around the world in hardware configuration. I discarded version of mic malfunction - before swithing to LOS 17.1 and 18.1 and CrDroid there were not problems with phone calls, audio recording and camera recording with stock ROM.

I am not exaggerating about this issue - wvanstraalen also reported this problem and there had been numerous reports in this thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...c-gain-and-a-little-speaker-gain-too.3491483/ but they do not apply to Android 11.

Is there any way to compile a file/files which would contain insight info about how mic behaves in different circumstances and how mic values in mixer paths are fixed? I don't know if I am precise at the moment - I just write what my guts tell me what may be wrong with my and some people's devices. There must be some way to fix this. Or maybe there are people who have some practical knowledge about this issue. I do not expect miracles, but if you could point what could possibly done I'd be very grateful. If not - maybe there are some devs here who have dealt with this issue with different Samsung devices?

Kind regards,

Mike

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1635625880850.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:

First time installation:

• Download Rom, Gapps & Magisk (If you want ROOT)
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Format data
    • Flash Rom, optional Gapps & Magisk
    • reboot and enjoy

Sources: https://gitlab.com/samsung_s5neolte

Known issues:
    you tell me

Credits goes to:
    LineageOS
    Community
    I have no idea on where to start. You were the first who actually did an >android9 rom (all android 10 and 11 ones i've tried failed) to SM-G903M. But it doesn't stops right there.

-Performance is amazing. It feels even faster than CrDroid in galaxy S7 (my older, now screen-damaged, phone).

-Battery control levels (battery economy/balanced/performance) in battery settings keep true to what they promise. Battery economy keeps only 4 of the 8 cortex-a53 small cores on, to a 1ghz maximum, balanced delivers excellent performance and battery life, performance is excellent for compression and other tasks but with a higher power draw

-Memory management is excellent, something vital in a 2gb ram phone.

-Noop as default I/O

-ROM is so slim, even after gapps, trashing with all possible apps, custom whatsapp, and all kinds of addons, i still have 2GB of my 16GB space left, something IMPOSSIBLE on stock ROMs.

-Face unlock is smooth, fast, precise.

-No bugs as of now

I'm really asking myself if you don't actually use this phone daily, because the level of attention to details (geekbench even shows the phone in this ROM performance rivaling the j7 and exynos 7870 which is a faster chip) is amazing. Even the onscreen button toggle works (not using them btw), something which failed miserably for me in crdroid and dotOS from galaxy s7. I can't stress out how grateful i am, i thought i would never leave android 6 because my model (sm-g903m) was not compatible with other ROMs. I will update to android 12 if you make it happen for us again, sm-g903m, sm-g903f, sm-g903w, all included, as some developers (you an exception) seem to forget there are users worldwide who do not own american models

Thank you so much. If you need any actual help with anything, spreading the news about your ROM with a youtube video review in my native language and in clear english, i can do it. Just PM me.