• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11.0][davinci] Picsel inExperience [AOSP][2021/06/21]

Search This thread

MaunModi

Jan 23, 2016
@To the DEV
1. Even if my location is OFF, statusbar ALWAYS shows location icon
2. Didn't find a way to show n/w traffic speed at statusbar (let me know if I'm missing it)
3. Can't disable SIM2 (no option, forced to remove SIM)
4. Without waking up device, FP doesn't work (which works on MIUI)

Please correct me, if I'm missing something.
Are these fixed in your new release?

spring_roll

May 18, 2018
@To the DEV
1. Even if my location is OFF, statusbar ALWAYS shows location icon
2. Didn't find a way to show n/w traffic speed at statusbar (let me know if I'm missing it)
3. Can't disable SIM2 (no option, forced to remove SIM)
4. Without waking up device, FP doesn't work (which works on MIUI)

Please correct me, if I'm missing something.
1. Has never happened with me.
2. You didn't find it because it's not there.
4. You can enable that: Settings>Security>Tap the settings icon to the right of "Screen lock">Enable "Screen off fingerprint"

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210623-111709.png
    Screenshot_20210623-111709.png
    190.8 KB · Views: 71
  • Screenshot_20210623-111735.png
    Screenshot_20210623-111735.png
    186.2 KB · Views: 71

MaunModi

Jan 23, 2016
There are couple of missing things than stock MIUI which prevents me to use this ROM...

1. There is NO way to hide quick settings from lock screen. It's big security risk as someone can disable my mobile data/wifi/location which helps us to locate the phone
2. There is NO way to show network traffic speed at statusbar
3. There is NO way to disable 2nd SIM (I enable/disable SIMs as per my travel location)

Any workarrounds for these WITHOUT rooting?

Hack64

Jul 13, 2014
Lecce
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
There are couple of missing things than stock MIUI which prevents me to use this ROM...

1. There is NO way to hide quick settings from lock screen. It's big security risk as someone can disable my mobile data/wifi/location which helps us to locate the phone
2. There is NO way to show network traffic speed at statusbar
3. There is NO way to disable 2nd SIM (I enable/disable SIMs as per my travel location)

Any workarrounds for these WITHOUT rooting?
Are you sure you've ever used this rom?

1. Critical tiles can't be enabled/disabled without inserting your passcode.
2. I didn't add that on purpose.
3. If you can find a working implementation in other roms, feel free to post it here and i will try my best to add it.

MaunModi

Jan 23, 2016
Are you sure you've ever used this rom?

1. Critical tiles can't be enabled/disabled without inserting your passcode.
2. I didn't add that on purpose.
3. If you can find a working implementation in other roms, feel free to post it here and i will try my best to add it.
Sir,
1. Yes you're correct for AOSP. But stock hides the tiles completely
2. Could you please share why disabled NW speed on purpose
3. It's there in official PE+ but surprised why you removed it. Also it's there in stock.

Btw, thank you for the great work & I appreciate your efforts. Though the FP works on this ROM (official PE+ it never works for me), but it's not same as stock as it misses sometimes.

Last edited:

jackeagle

Forum Moderator / Recognized Dev / Dev Relations
Staff member
Apr 11, 2013
XDA
Mod Edit
Thread cleaned.
Please keep in mind to discuss on topic and without offending others :)
Please be friendly to members and report instead of reply.

The developer owes you absolutely nothing and you're not his customer cause you did not pay him. They develop in their free time and share to community so that everyone can enjoy something new. Be grateful for what they do for free and for community. If you dont like something Feel free to develop your own rom if you wish.
This manner of posting is not tolerated.

I recommend to read the FORUM RULES especially those:
2.1 Language: XDA is a worldwide community. As a result, what may be OK to say in your part of the world, may not be OK elsewhere. Please don't direct profanity, sexually explicit language or other offensive content toward Members or their work. Conversely, while reading posts from other members, remember that the word you find offensive may not be offensive to the writer. Tolerance is a two-way street.

2.3 Flaming / Lack of respect: XDA is about sharing and this does not involve virtual yelling (flaming) or rudeness. Flaming or posting with a lack of respect is unacceptable. Treat new members in the manner in which you would like to have been treated when you were a new member. When dealing with any member, provide them with guidance, advice and instructions when you can, showing them respect and courtesy. Never post in a demanding, argumentative, disrespectful or self-righteous manner.

2.4 Personal attacks, racial, political and / or religious discussions: XDA is a discussion forum about certain mobile phones. Mobile phones are not racial, political, religious or personally offensive and therefore, none of these types of discussions are permitted on XDA.

Consider this as last warning and any further escalation of such behavior will attract actions against offender's account.

jackeagle
Forum Moderator

hoang1080p

Jul 18, 2021
I'm having a issue. Sometimes I can't control my screen, then I turn the screen off and try to turn it on but it only make the sound and nothing happened. Only thing I can do is reset the phone by pressing 3 buttons. It's never happened when I was playing games.

Hack64

Jul 13, 2014
Lecce
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
{Mod edit: Quoted post has been deleted}

I'm sorry, do you understand that what is missing for you isn't missing for everybody? I already said that those "features" are BLOAT to me. This is MY rom and I do what I want. And absolutely nobody is forcing you to use it, nor you won't force me to add stuff that I don't want.
Now please, enjoy your current rom and stop complaining about mine.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Moderator Announcement

Thread cleaned again. And I've nothing to add to that what was announced by @jackeagle here a few hours ago.
Just to assist you to assess what's on-topic in this development thread (taken from the rules of this private platform):
...For Developers to post release threads e.g. ROMs and Kernels including modifications to kernels, bootloaders, ROMs, etc., as well as R&D development discussion threads designed with an end goal...
This means just a rant doesn't meet these conditions.

Regards
Oswald Boelcke
Senior Moderator

Reactions: shadowstep

MaunModi

Jan 23, 2016
{Mod edit: Quoted post has been deleted}

I'm sorry, do you understand that what is missing for you isn't missing for everybody? I already said that those "features" are BLOAT to me. This is MY rom and I do what I want. And absolutely nobody is forcing you to use it, nor you won't force me to add stuff that I don't want.
Now please, enjoy your current rom and stop complaining about mine.

Cheers.
Do you know that, what you think BLOAT for you may not be a bloat rather a feature for many? If I were a dev, I would have given the choice to my users. I didn't force you to add features rather compared with others. If that's a mistake, I'm sorry & good luck to you as a dev.

Reactions: shaskhin1365

dhandit

Aug 18, 2018
Xiaomi Redmi 1S
Xiaomi Poco F1
Dear @Hack64 ,

I like your rom so much, it's very smooth and clean.. But i have minor problem about the keyboard layout when using gesture navigation.
Can you add some kind of feature/tweak to hide keyboard bottom space (arrow down at left & keyboard input at right) like in android 10 (for detail see attach video).

i'm sorry for my bad english..

Attachments

• Disabling Hide Keyboard Button.mp4
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Lucas_daPonte

Feb 17, 2021
I can't successfully flash the latest update. I have tried twrp, fastboot and adb sideload. The system does not boot.
Am I the only one that this happens to?
I have no problem with PixelExperince official

I need help, I dont know my error

dhandit

Aug 18, 2018
Xiaomi Redmi 1S
Xiaomi Poco F1
I can't successfully flash the latest update. I have tried twrp, fastboot and adb sideload. The system does not boot.
Am I the only one that this happens to?
I have no problem with PixelExperince official

I need help, I dont know my error
I don't know if this will help you or not, based on my experience the step like this :
1. Make sure you installed ROM MIUI 12.0.5 or higher (depend on your region) and backup your any data you want to backup to OTG or Computer.
2. Unlock your bootloader by using miflash_unlock (this will wipe your data or factory reset once you unlock bootloader) or using Tool All In One (this method won't wipe your data in case you forgot backup in step 1), both method need to run in fastboot mode and MAKE SURE, your DEVELOPER SETTING > OEM UNLOCK is TRUE/ON
3. Flash custom recovery official twrp via fastboot and boot it.
4. Once you in twrp, format DATA, wipe CACHE & DALVIK | DO NOT WIPE SYSTEM NOW or you will not able to boot into twrp again, because it's needed to reboot recovery once to activate the partition after format.
5. After step 4, you can wipe system now or not (it's your choice) then flash this custom rom, wait until complete then reboot to system.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    zSLlyzz.jpg

Picsel inExperience for Xiaomi Mi 9T / Redmi K20 [davinci]

What is Picsel inExperience?

Picsel inExperience is just my own personal take at Pixel Experience.
    I use a different device tree from the official one, a different kernel and i try to keep it as much updated as possible.
    Plus, there are some cool features like FOD animations, Pocket mode, Screen off FOD and other stuff.

What's working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    Fingerprint reader
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    - You tell me

Current features
    - Screen off fod
    - Advanced reboot
    - Pocket mode
    - FOD Animations
    - Long press power to turn on torch
    - Long press volume rocker to skip tracks
    - Transparent qs header and power menu
    - Bt device battery level on status bar
    - Delete chip after taking screenshot
    - Caffeine QS tile

DON'T FLASH GAPPS NOR VENDOR, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download

How to install?
    1. Flash the rom package
    2. Flash Magisk (optional)
    3. Format Data
    4. Reboot!

Sources
    Device Tree
    Kernel

Stay tuned
    Picsel's Telegram group

Donate to me
    PayPal | BuyMeACoffee

XDA:DevDB Information
    Picsel inExperience, ROM for the Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T

Contributors

Hack64
    ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable​
    Plz fix google map freeze in android auto bug
    Donate me a car with Android Auto capabilities.
    Update is out

Changelog:

- Updated VantomKernel
    - Synced PE sources
    - Fixed missing ambient display settings

If for some reason you "lose" your L1 certificates after the update (you can check this via drm info app), you need to flash the latest beta cn fw.

NOTE: I am aware that there is an issue with Netflix/Prime Video, but i currently can't look into it. I'm sorry.

Download: here

Support me: https://paypal.me/marcor00
    Update

I decided to break the schedule once more to provide a fix for the idle drain that has been present since initial build.

Changelog:
    - Added heads up QS Tile
    - Switched to prebuilt audio hal
    - Fixed idle drain (2-3% overnight with no AOD)

I'd like to thank Laker/Alexey for his discover, as he was the one who managed to pinpoint what caused our drain issue.

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Fcdf_9tbQs9S7Ey8TX4EAsuLP77or-Uy/view?usp=sharing

Here's a proof of the fixed idle drain:
    New update is out!
    Today is a special day: we celebrate two anniversaries!
    Picsel's anniversary and my birthday :D

Changelog
    Rom:

• Added the following features:
      - QS Rows and Columns settings
      - QS Brightness bar settings
      - DT2S settings
      - A10 media player as notification toggle
      - Disable night light when using FOD toggle
      - Swipe back gesture height and deadzone settings
      - Secure QS tiles (thanks to @real_twel12 on tg)
    • Fixed a rare bug in which sysui would crash loop, resulting in unusable device until reboot
    Device:
    • Updated Vantom Kernel
    • Fixed some logspam
    • Fixed OK Google Recognition
    Download it at: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D2sE7n16FQpii0hxpybA8QjUlxwxW0Wy/view?usp=sharing