[ROM][11.0][gauguin][AOSP] DotOS v5.1

Search This thread

wufabul0us

Nov 13, 2018
So umm, I flashed vanilla build with core Nikgapps and I gotta say my phone is on a whole new level, it dosen't heat up even during long and very demanding use, the battery is fantastic and the UI looks gorgeous. Thank you for this awesome ROM!!!
What nikgaps did you use? I'm trying to follow your steps but I'm flashing the latest ones and they don't work woth this rom.

Also, I'm having issues with the camera and it is taking the macro one as the main one so apps that use the camera just get a blurry disaster and in GCam main camera is showing in black and white :( Is there any workaround this or will I have to leave this rom? (It would be sad because it is sexy af).

Reactions: Sparkplug3000
What nikgaps did you use? I'm trying to follow your steps but I'm flashing the latest ones and they don't work woth this rom.

Also, I'm having issues with the camera and it is taking the macro one as the main one so apps that use the camera just get a blurry disaster and in GCam main camera is showing in black and white :( Is there any workaround this or will I have to leave this rom? (It would be sad because it is sexy af).
I used Core nikgapps (18 sept versions) and Gcam 7.3 port by Urynx08, however I had to switch roms because of excessive battery drain on Dot 5.2.. :(
Also, camera quality and features is the major sacrife when going for a custom ROM sadly.. OEM camera apps are fantastic in terms of compatibility and adjustability

Reactions: wufabul0us

wufabul0us

Nov 13, 2018
I used Core nikgapps (18 sept versions) and Gcam 7.3 port by Urynx08, however I had to switch roms because of excessive battery drain on Dot 5.2.. :(
Also, camera quality and features is the major sacrife when going for a custom ROM sadly.. OEM camera apps are fantastic in terms of compatibility and adjustability
I ended up going for rom with included gapps and all my problems were solved. I could also find a decent GCam so I'm good there. And I also noticed the battery drain but I decided to install latest firmware and Talesweaver 1.1.5 Kernel and BOOM, up to 2 days of battery life under light use which is what I expect from this and just 2-3% battery drain over night.

But I'm curious now, what room are you using now and is it even better? I personally loved this one, it looks so good!

I ended up going for rom with included gapps and all my problems were solved. I could also find a decent GCam so I'm good there. And I also noticed the battery drain but I decided to install latest firmware and Talesweaver 1.1.5 Kernel and BOOM, up to 2 days of battery life under light use which is what I expect from this and just 2-3% battery drain over night.

But I'm curious now, what room are you using now and is it even better? I personally loved this one, it looks so good!
I was using Talesweaver 2.0 and the overnight drain was about 30-35% with about 3/4th day battery on heavy use andslightly less than a day and a half on light use. currently I use DescendantOS with stock kernel and the battery and performance are rather equivalent to Dot. I feel both ROMs are great in terms of looks and performance, each offering a unique prespective of beauty as compared to other ROMs. :)
And is the performance issues (ie lag in games and other apps) still there on the gapps version?? I used the gapps version 5.1.3 but quickly switched to vanilla.

Reactions: BurakDerya

BurakDerya

Sep 19, 2021
Turkey
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite

I was using Talesweaver 2.0 and the overnight drain was about 30-35% with about 3/4th day battery on heavy use andslightly less than a day and a half on light use. currently I use DescendantOS with stock kernel and the battery and performance are rather equivalent to Dot. I feel both ROMs are great in terms of looks and performance, each offering a unique prespective of beauty as compared to other ROMs. :)
And is the performance issues (ie lag in games and other apps) still there on the gapps version?? I used the gapps version 5.1.3 but quickly switched to vanilla.

So which Kernel is good? 1.1.5 or 2.0+?

I want to use with gapps dotos 5.2?

BurakDerya

Sep 19, 2021
Turkey
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
I flash DotOs 5.2 with Gapps. But camera blury.. How can i fix it?

IMG_20211101_184500.jpg

Reactions: wufabul0us

wufabul0us

Nov 13, 2018
Actually I'm not really into phone gaming so I can't tell but I haven't seen any issues. Did you try the "gaming mode" thing it has? Also I tried Talesweaver 2.0 but I didn't see much of a change, and honestly I don't know where they get that from so I decided to go with the latest to be oficially posted and It's been great (for me at least, because there are some known issues with that kerner for other people).

Reactions: Sparkplug3000

BurakDerya

Sep 19, 2021
Turkey
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
Reactions: Burgeruking

lars0815

Mar 17, 2021
Using Dot.OS since a month. So far it is a good daily runner. Sometimes I have the feeling that some settings reset themself. Battery drain is far more than on MIUI or Lineage. I don't need gapps but need a proper camera app. That seems to be the biggest issue with the 10T Lite - to find a at least average app for taking pics. Now I'm using FV-5 Lite for photos and the cinema version for movies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    dotOS_banner-5.0.png

" #DroidOnTime "

ROM Version: 5.1

Device: * gauguin *

Maintainer: * DtHnAme *

Build Status: OFFICIAL

banner_discl.png

Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.

* We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels. 

* You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user-friendly thread, all your suggestions are important to us and will be taken into consideration.."

banner_about.png

dotOS is an Android ROM which focuses on performance and stability. We focus on making our rom look and feel great without struggling on Performance and Battery! So that one can get most out of his/her device.....

banner_inst.png

CLEAN FLASH :

Download the latest build and GApps

Reboot to recovery

Make nandroid backup (Not Necessary)

Wipe System, Data, Cache, Dalvik

Flash the latest build and GApps

Reboot

DIRTY FLASH :

Download the latest build

Reboot to recovery

Flash the latest build

Wipe Cache

Reboot

Note: GApps only has to be flashed once whereas Magisk/Su is to be flashed every time you Dirty Flash the OTA Update.

banner_downlods.png

Link

banner_features.png

Code:
    New and refreshed UI

New Customization app (previous named as DotExtras)

Accent Overlay & RGB Picker

Edge Lightning

Battery Styles

Battery Percentage Styles

Clock Customization

Traffic Indicator

Battery Light Customizations

QS data usage info

QS Tiles title toggle

QS Tiles style toggle (AOSP & accent)

QS Rows & Columns Customization

New FOD Icon & Animation picker with previews

FOD recognition color picker

Screen-Off FOD

Automatically temporary disable night light while using FOD (toggle)

New Theme Manager

Overlays based Accent Picker

Material Palette Accent Picker

Smart Accent Picker (find automatically proper shade of accent for the other theme; if you apply custom accent for dark theme, press Smart Accent Picker and it will find a good shade to use for light theme and vice-versa)

Fonts, Icon Packs and Icon Shapes picker

Other Extra Features

Hold power to torch

Double tap on statusbar and lockscreen to sleep

Double tap while sleeping to open doze (ambient display)

Quick Screenshot (3 fingers gesture)

Volume Panel position switch (right or left)

Navigation bar pill size customization (hide, stock, medium, large)

Pocket Mode - avoid scree touches while the phone is in your pocket

Use Biometrics on first boot (unavailable for encrypted users)

Lockscreen Media toggle

Built-in Launcher Grid control

MicroG support

banner_credits.png

DotOSteam

AOSP

Pixel Experience

Dirty Unicorns

And all other open source Devs/Teams.

banner_team.png

Mohan CM - Founder/Core Developer

Sam Grande - UI Developer/Project Co-ordinator

Iacob Ionut - UI, UX Developer/ Core Developer

Sipun Kumar - Developer/Maintainer

Shreehari Vaasistha L - Developer/Maintainer

Special thanks:

Aswin - Graphics Designer

ShreeJoy - Web Backend Developer

Manish Bajpai - Web Frontend Developer

Important Links

Liked The ROM? Want to Help Us? Then gift us some credits

banner_sources.png

dot OS source

dotOS-Device Sources

telegram.png

Telegram Group

Telegram Channel

web.png

Website

REPORTING BUGS!

As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat!

for more READ THIS

and do not forget to send it to us 😜

header_logo_50.png

XDA DevDB Information

dotOS, ROM for * gauguin/gauguinpro/gauguininpro *

Contributors: * DtHnAme *

Source Code: https://github.com/DotOS

Kernel Source: * Prebuilt kernel *

ROM OS Version: 11.x Android R

ROM Kernel: * 4.19.113 *

ROM Firmware Required: Must be On latest Firmware

Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Current Stable Version: v5.1

Stable Release Date: 31-05-2021
    Please. Dont drop support this Rom.
    Update 2021-4-16
    update dotOS 5.0.1
    More change and fix
    Gapps:
    Google Drive
    Vanilla: Google Drive
    Can you please make a DotOS Gauguin telegram group it would be helpful?