• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM]-[11.0]-[KIEV]-LineageOS-18.1-[UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

SyberHexen

2okPze5.png

Motorola G 5G / Motorola One G 5G Ace
Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/
Introduction:
This is the Unofficial Lineage OS 18.1 thread for the Motorola G 5G, codename kiev.​
Join our Motorola G 5g / Motorola One 5G Ace Development Telegram Group!​

LINKS:
Recovery: Unofficial TWRP
Magisk: Magisk
Factory Firmware: Stock Firmware Mirror
"Copy Partitions Zip" - courtesy of @filipepferraz
(To setup "Slot B")

How to Install:
01. Download the ROM, Firmware and GApps from the links above.
02. Use terminal to boot latest twrp.img "fastboot boot twrp.img"
03. Create backup. i.e. EFS / Persist and put somewhere safe.
## YOU ONLY NEED THIS STEP ONCE.. When updating Firmwares ##
04.At this point Flash "Copy Partitions Zip" In TWRP "SLOT A"
05. Flash the ROM
06. Choose Reboot -> Bootloader
07. boot twrp again "fastboot boot twrp.img"
08. Install GApps & Magisk.
09. Reboot -> Bootloader
10. fastboot -w
11. Click Start and Enjoy.

NOTES:
*Note-1: Slots, ROMS install to opposite (inactive) slot
If you FLASHED ROM from "Slot A", then ROM is installed to "Slot B", If you Flashed ROM from "Slot B", then ROM is installed to "Slot A"
*Note-2: Updating "Dirty Flash"
01. Boot TWRP
02. Flash ROM
03. Reboot -> Bootloader
04. Boot TWRP
05. Install Gapps + Magisk
06. Reboot -> System
*Note-3: Updating "Dirty Flash"
Lineage OS builds will not pass CTS/SafetyNet -- due to the AVB flag's "red" status. (Magisk works fine with SafetyNet patcher modules, though is not supported.)​

XDA:DevDB Information
kiev-lineageos, ROM for the Motorole G 5G

Contributors

erfanoabdi, SyberHexen, Jleeblanch
Source Code: https://github.com/SyberHexen

ROM OS Version: Android 11
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.19
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Stable

Created 2021-07-05
Last Updated 2021-07-22

Last edited:

SyberHexen

Past Changelogs:

09/16/2021
Device changelog:

- Fixed Incoming call audio bug
- Updated Brightness overlays
- Updated Kernel Device Trees
- Misc Improvements
09/09/2021
Device changelog:

- Enforcing Selinux
- Fixed Off-mode Charging
- Switched to Racer Off-mode animation
- Fixed Setting device model between Ace/5g variants
- Fixed Media studder
08/12/2021
Device changelog:

- carrierconfig: update from kievv tag 'RRV31.Q2-36-14-8'
- carrierconfig: update from CAF tag 'LA.UM.9.12.r1-10800-SMxx50.0'
- update defconfig from kievv tag 'RRV31.Q2-36-14-8'
- Show Turbo Charging instead of charging rapidly
- enable support for freeform windows and picture-in-picture
- upgrade bootctrl hal to 1.1
- increase audio for speaker(s) and microphone
- Exfat driver included to kernel for LOS recovery support
07/22/2021
Device changelog:

- Minor Fixes

07/05/2021
Device changelog:

- Minor Fixes
- Switch to Pixel Power Hal

07/01/2021
Device changelog:

- Initial Build

Last edited:

Murderburger

Jun 21, 2021
I am attempting this right now, So do we want the ROM to install Slot A or Slot B? I see you posted it installs to the opposite Slot
EDIT:
Had it on Slot A so it installed to Slot B and worked fine
Gapps has to be installed from https://wiki.lineageos.org/gapps.html the one you provided above does not work
For some reason on my MetroPCS phones Network its trying to connect directly to T-Mobile and not Metro by T-Mobile. Tried to Choose Network and nothing came up any ideas?

Last edited:

SyberHexen

I am attempting this right now, So do we want the ROM to install Slot A or Slot B? I see you posted it installs to the opposite Slot
EDIT:
Had it on Slot A so it installed to Slot B and worked fine
Gapps has to be installed from https://wiki.lineageos.org/gapps.html the one you provided above does not work
For some reason on my MetroPCS phones Network its trying to connect directly to T-Mobile and not Metro by T-Mobile. Tried to Choose Network and nothing came up any ideas?
Use apn from your stock install or the metro website, or are options to edit apn greyed out?

Skel40

Dec 27, 2019
Moto G 5G
@AviBharti35 thanks!!! I was also curious where the system, data, vendor, and boot partitions are when backing up? I see super and all these partitions. I'm used to seeing system image, vendor image, data, and boot from different devices so I want to make sure I backup and restore the correct partitions just in case I want to restore the stock os in TWRP along with the stock recovery after flashing TWRP?

Awesome, one more, is rw a reality since it's lineage or is that not working? I hate reinstalling everything but hey booting up to twrp will let me back it up so plus 1 to amazing

Edit: looking over it a few questions, when fresh install, do we flash that one file if it's not updating firmware, going from stock rooted to lineage?

Would it be easier, since I know this route, to boot twrp - back up - flash twrp - wipe and format (should remove encrypted state) - then install lineage, gapps and then magisk? Or is that not a good way anymore?

Lastly, before I go and flash it, can you explain the different boot colors, red, orange and green? If they are what I think I could prolly help in getting the phone to orange or green, if it's anything like my old note 4

Last edited:

fddm

Feb 24, 2011
Awesome, one more, is rw a reality since it's lineage or is that not working? I hate reinstalling everything but hey booting up to twrp will let me back it up so plus 1 to amazing
Can't say for sure, I want to build a custom kernel before moving to this myself (and I never touch the system partition anyway), but it should be formatted for R/W.
Edit: looking over it a few questions, when fresh install, do we flash that one file if it's not updating firmware, going from stock rooted to lineage?
You only need to do an EFS backup and run Copy Partitions once when moving from Stock to Custom.
Would it be easier, since I know this route, to boot twrp - back up - flash twrp - wipe and format (should remove encrypted state) - then install lineage, gapps and then magisk? Or is that not a good way anymore?
Follow the OP, reboot before installing GApps and Magisk.
Lastly, before I go and flash it, can you explain the different boot colors, red, orange and green? If they are what I think I could prolly help in getting the phone to orange or green, if it's anything like my old note 4
Android Verified Boot state can never be changed on custom firmware without an exploit early in the boot chain or getting private signing keys. It does not matter, Magisk hides this so it has no effect. You can still pass safetynet as long as hardware attestation is not enforced. Your Note 4 does not have AVB.

If I already flashed TWRP, do I need to reflash the stock recovery and then go about the steps or can I do the clean flash from the TWRP recovery? I just don't want to break my device, my phone's my only source of Internet.
No, you can flash over it without effecting anything else. The OP never says to flash recovery and it's optional anyway. Just boot into bootloader mode and send it over with "fastboot boot twrp.img".

omgbathtub

Apr 26, 2011
Any way to get rid of the red border that flashes when changing apps at times? Would love to run this but that annoyed the hell out of me and I had to return to stock.

Also, seemed to have an issue wherein the SIM card had random disconnects? I live in a low service area but I've never seen what was happening on this happen on stock. It would kick me out of the SIM settings menu, drop connection, then come back a second later with a data connection. XT2113-2 factory unlocked.

jhjhjhjhjhjh

Mar 14, 2017
Any way to get rid of the red border that flashes when changing apps at times? Would love to run this but that annoyed the hell out of me and I had to return to stock.

Also, seemed to have an issue wherein the SIM card had random disconnects? I live in a low service area but I've never seen what was happening on this happen on stock. It would kick me out of the SIM settings menu, drop connection, then come back a second later with a data connection. XT2113-2 factory unlocked.
First off much thanks to the o.p for a custom rom. No complaints here.
I had to research Lineage os since i haven't used that particular rom since oreo 8.1.1.
Havoc ,AICP and RR have been my go to roms...
Anyways, To use gapps it was recommended to use MindThegapps..ill send a link.
Ill tell ya this rom is tricky but good after proper installation. I saw the red rings of death too but after i re-flashed and put the rom on slot_a and flashed the Recommended gapps , no more Red Ring or nothing...

My problem was flashing gapps..Lineage only accepts gapps when flashed before first boot up. Also lineage flashes its own recovery and i couldn't boot to twrp or flash it.. Luckily, the lineage recovery has signature verification off so i was able to flash the gapps in Lineage recovery..

Hope this helps...

My install process requires an ext sd card and a cpu running windows 10..
Have copy of partitions zip lineage rom plus mindthegapps11 zip and optional magisk 23 zip on external sd card..
1. Flash stock firmware... mirror lolinet....moto kiev.. via fastboot..
2.Once new stock rom installed boot to welcome screen.
3.Now power off phone hold volume down have usb cord plugged in the phone then plug into cpu ..now ur in boot loader mode...
4.adb command fastboot boot recovery.img
in twrp now navigate to reboot and select reboot to slot_b
5.now flash copy partitions zip and lineage rom

6.Now select reboot to bootloader
7.Use volume keys to navigate to recovery and use power button to select "Recovery".
Now ull be in lineage recovery
8.use volume keys to navigate to install update use power button to select.
9.i placed all my zips in my download folder. look for the mindthegapps zip in the folder u put it in and hit install anyways when it says signature not verified.
10.now use volume keys to navigate to reboot to "bootloader"...Not System yet...
11. now in bootloader ...adb command
fastboot -w
now reboot system and profit...

Attachments

• MindTheGapps-11.0.0-arm-20210412_124103.zip
    176.3 MB · Views: 15
  • MindTheGapps-11.0.0-arm64-20210412_124247.zip
    185.5 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Reactions: Thanatos355

jhjhjhjhjhjh

Mar 14, 2017
Anyone who still plays ps3 and uses tether to connect ...this app "PS3 Proxy" is a life savor.. i only play socom confrontation since the servers was hacked and back online..

Also when tethering this app lets me know if im on a vpn or local host...local host 192.0.0.2 for some reason has no connectivity. but when its on lets say an address other than the local host then all devices have great tethered internet. just a jewel i found if any might wanna know.

P.S i can only tether h+ and lte only..
5G stays on local host 192.....xx.
The guy who made the boot img to override and modify the apn was only for stock..
if your reading this can you port the modified boot.img to lineage os 11..much thanks...

Last edited:
Reactions: Thanatos355

Top Liked Posts

Is it all HD audio or APTX only? I couldn't get the HD to show up in BT settings on my Sony HD ones. Can't test APTX at the moment ..
    Sorry, I can only confirm the bug from your logcat is fixed since I have the hardware to test.
    I can confirm this as I use the exact same earphones. I'm on stock waiting to remove the sim lock atm, it would really help if you could share a logcat with connect/disconnect events to assist in tracking down the issue.
    That I can gladly do. I'll hop on it when I get home this evening. On stock again but switching back is no problem at all. Give me a few hours 👌
    Going to just stick with wired headphones or Stock until I see that at least bluetooth HD audio is up on 11. I see it's rather difficult, through my research. Thanks for having this port in the first place @SyberHexen . I used to have the G7 Power and this 5G Ace seems like the big update. Keep on rockin, man ..
    I checked the latest build, and it was fixed.
    Is it all HD audio or APTX only? I couldn't get the HD to show up in BT settings on my Sony HD ones. Can't test APTX at the moment ..
    Sorry, I can only confirm the bug from your logcat is fixed since I have the hardware to test.
    2okPze5.png

Motorola G 5G / Motorola One G 5G Ace
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */
    Introduction:
    This is the Unofficial Lineage OS 18.1 thread for the Motorola G 5G, codename kiev.​
    Join our Motorola G 5g / Motorola One 5G Ace Development Telegram Group!​

LINKS:
    Recovery: Unofficial TWRP
    Magisk: Magisk
    Factory Firmware: Stock Firmware Mirror
    "Copy Partitions Zip" - courtesy of @filipepferraz
    (To setup "Slot B")

How to Install:
    01. Download the ROM, Firmware and GApps from the links above.
    02. Use terminal to boot latest twrp.img "fastboot boot twrp.img"
    03. Create backup. i.e. EFS / Persist and put somewhere safe.
    ## YOU ONLY NEED THIS STEP ONCE.. When updating Firmwares ##
    04.At this point Flash "Copy Partitions Zip" In TWRP "SLOT A"
    05. Flash the ROM
    06. Choose Reboot -> Bootloader
    07. boot twrp again "fastboot boot twrp.img"
    08. Install GApps & Magisk.
    09. Reboot -> Bootloader
    10. fastboot -w
    11. Click Start and Enjoy.

NOTES:
    *Note-1: Slots, ROMS install to opposite (inactive) slot
    If you FLASHED ROM from "Slot A", then ROM is installed to "Slot B", If you Flashed ROM from "Slot B", then ROM is installed to "Slot A"
    *Note-2: Updating "Dirty Flash"
    01. Boot TWRP
    02. Flash ROM
    03. Reboot -> Bootloader
    04. Boot TWRP
    05. Install Gapps + Magisk
    06. Reboot -> System
    *Note-3: Updating "Dirty Flash"
    Lineage OS builds will not pass CTS/SafetyNet -- due to the AVB flag's "red" status. (Magisk works fine with SafetyNet patcher modules, though is not supported.)​

XDA:DevDB Information
    kiev-lineageos, ROM for the Motorole G 5G

Contributors

erfanoabdi, SyberHexen, Jleeblanch
    Source Code: https://github.com/SyberHexen

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.19
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2021-07-05
    Last Updated 2021-07-22
    Past Changelogs:

09/16/2021
    Device changelog:

- Fixed Incoming call audio bug
    - Updated Kernel Device Trees
    - Misc Improvements
    09/09/2021
    Device changelog:

- Enforcing Selinux
    - Fixed Off-mode Charging
    - Switched to Racer Off-mode animation
    - Fixed Setting device model between Ace/5g variants
    - Fixed Media studder
    08/12/2021
    Device changelog:

- carrierconfig: update from kievv tag 'RRV31.Q2-36-14-8'
    - carrierconfig: update from CAF tag 'LA.UM.9.12.r1-10800-SMxx50.0'
    - update defconfig from kievv tag 'RRV31.Q2-36-14-8'
    - Show Turbo Charging instead of charging rapidly
    - enable support for freeform windows and picture-in-picture
    - upgrade bootctrl hal to 1.1
    - increase audio for speaker(s) and microphone
    - Exfat driver included to kernel for LOS recovery support
    07/22/2021
    Device changelog:

- Minor Fixes

07/05/2021
    Device changelog:

- Minor Fixes
    - Switch to Pixel Power Hal

07/01/2021
    Device changelog:

- Initial Build

I made this tutorial to help in flashing.
    Changelogs:

09/19/2021
    Device changelog:

- Fixed Regression with DRM Apps
    Excellent work, Andrew! (y) I can't wait to try it. Been really busy lately.