[ROM]-[13]-[KIEV]-LineageOS-20-[OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

rodpgfx

Mar 31, 2012
Corner Brook
OnePlus 8
Hey guys. I've installed everything right to the letter in the OP and when I start the setup wizard keeps closing. How did I get something wrong? I've done everything flawlessly, up until I start the Rom

rodpgfx

Mar 31, 2012
Corner Brook
OnePlus 8
I tried both the OP one and the one mentioned a little further down in the thread. But I got it to work after. Lineage isn't much better/different than stock Motorola. I was trying to use a ROM to get Always-On display, but lineage doesn't have it, and Havoc has too many bugs to use it.
Back to stock I guess

Mar 23, 2014
When I reboot into the bootloader after step 1, I get a bunch of empty folders with scrambled numbers and letters in the sdcard directory.
I did manage to fix this by the following:
1. adb push (copy partitions, lineage, gapps zips in terminal)
2. adb reboot bootloader
3. fastboot boot twrp.img
4. install copy partitions zip in TWRP
5. install lineage in TWRP
6. reboot bootloader from TWRP
7. format data in TWRP
8. reboot bootloader in TWRP
9. adb sideload from TWRP
10. adb sideload gapps.zip (terminal)
11. reboot bootloader in TWRP
12. fastboot -w in terminal
13. start from bootloader

SyberHexen

I tried both the OP one and the one mentioned a little further down in the thread. But I got it to work after. Lineage isn't much better/different than stock Motorola. I was trying to use a ROM to get Always-On display, but lineage doesn't have it, and Havoc has too many bugs to use it.
Back to stock I guess
What bugs does havoc have? I'm dd that rom atm

Mopishcross17

Dec 18, 2021
Hi guys, so tried installing it and flashing through twrp, 1st time i didn't do the copy partitions step(my fault i was rushing through it) and after flashing lineage it replaced twrp with a lineage recovery and would boot loop.

Reflashed twrp and now that was bootlooping, after that and turning the phone off for a while and booting it back up its booted back into Motorola's stock Os and installed twrp again.

Now doing it properly/trying to i flashed copy partitions zip and said active slot was slot b so i tapped on slot a it updated partitions and then rebooted.

Now stuck in the boot loop again with both twrp and the OS and not too sure how to go about fixing it

woutercools

Sep 12, 2012
Hi guys, so tried installing it and flashing through twrp, 1st time i didn't do the copy partitions step(my fault i was rushing through it) and after flashing lineage it replaced twrp with a lineage recovery and would boot loop.

Reflashed twrp and now that was bootlooping, after that and turning the phone off for a while and booting it back up its booted back into Motorola's stock Os and installed twrp again.

Now doing it properly/trying to i flashed copy partitions zip and said active slot was slot b so i tapped on slot a it updated partitions and then rebooted.

Now stuck in the boot loop again with both twrp and the OS and not too sure how to go about fixing it

I was in the similar situation.

fastboot -w solved it

Mopishcross17

Dec 18, 2021
hey so didn't check for responses till now. it seems to be working now? i didn't do the fastboot -w

Tried the stock os flash and it failed but then booted into a previous backup i made.
Twrp started working again so i flashed the lineage OS file, i couldn't flash the gapps or magisk because all the folder names were scrambled.

Then upon rebooting got put into a boot loop, lineage recovery popped up prompting to erase all files since there was a issue so i said yes. now its booted me into lineage OS on first reboot so i think its worked?

EDIT: In addition to this it seems to have put lineages own recovery on now so i can't flash magisk onto it?

Last edited:

SyberHexen

hey so didn't check for responses till now. it seems to be working now? i didn't do the fastboot -w

Tried the stock os flash and it failed but then booted into a previous backup i made.
Twrp started working again so i flashed the lineage OS file, i couldn't flash the gapps or magisk because all the folder names were scrambled.

Then upon rebooting got put into a boot loop, lineage recovery popped up prompting to erase all files since there was a issue so i said yes. now its booted me into lineage OS on first reboot so i think its worked?

EDIT: In addition to this it seems to have put lineages own recovery on now so i can't flash magisk onto it?
Well that twrp is very outdated for one
But LineageOS recovery can flash magisk and gapps too.

Please feel free to find us on telegram as that's where most discussion and releases happen first.. Plus many folks willing to help on the fly.

Reactions: Mopishcross17
This ROM is very nice! Super debloated and smooth! I need to fine-tune the access point settings for Mint Mobile, but other than that, zero issues!

Please explain to me why my notification light never worked with the stock firmware, even after setting it to flash with notifications, but Lineage it works perfectly? LOL big RIP, Motorola!

Is there anyway to get custom colored icons and time in the status bar? I miss that from the KitKat custom ROM days!

SyberHexen

This ROM is very nice! Super debloated and smooth! I need to fine-tune the access point settings for Mint Mobile, but other than that, zero issues!

Please explain to me why my notification light never worked with the stock firmware, even after setting it to flash with notifications, but Lineage it works perfectly? LOL big RIP, Motorola!

Is there anyway to get custom colored icons and time in the status bar? I miss that from the KitKat custom ROM days!
Notification light is only used for factory debugging otherwise completely unused.

As for colored icons closest thing is likely under settings display styles / theme

D

Deleted member 4197323

Just picked this device up thanks to this thread. Looking forward to giving Lineage a spin when it arrives!

D

Deleted member 4197323

Problem fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Plasmah77

Jan 22, 2022
Hi all! Been out of the loop for a few years and just had a few quick questions.

I just got a Motorola One 5G Ace on Tmobile and plan to flash Lineage OS 18.1.
But wanted to make sure I'm using all the correct files before I start.

Here is what I grabbed:
15_Second_ADB_Installer_v1.5.6.zip
lineage-18.1-20211209-UNOFFICIAL-kiev.zip
copy-partitions-payton.zip
Magisk-v23.0.apk
Motorola_Mobile_Drivers_64bit.msi
open_gapps-arm64-11.0-nano-20220121.zip
twrp.img

Questions:
What's the best version of TWRP for my case?
When I need to flash Magisk do I have ti rename the extension to img?
And finally what's the difference between Gapps Mini, Nano and Full?

Thanks much guys. Cheers!

RobEKu

Jun 25, 2013
Anyone know how to get back the three button navigation? Gestures and three button navigation are gone, not in any setting, in the code, says package has zero bytes.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Motorola G 5G / Motorola One G 5G Ace
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */
    Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 20 thread for the Motorola G 5G, codename kiev.​
    Join our Motorola G 5g / Motorola One 5G Ace Development Telegram Group!​

LINKS:
    ROM Files: LineageOS-20
    Mind The GApps: Download
    Magisk: Magisk
    Factory Firmware: Stock Firmware Mirror
    Copy Partitions: copypartitions.zip

How to Install:
    01. Use Install instructions @ LineageOS-wiki

NOTES:
    *Note-1: Slots, ROMS install to opposite (inactive) slot
    If you FLASHED ROM from "Slot A", then ROM is installed to "Slot B", If you Flashed ROM from "Slot B", then ROM is installed to "Slot A"
    *Note-2: Updating "Dirty Flash"
    01. Boot recovery​
    02. Flash ROM​
    03. Reboot -> Recovery​
    04. Install Gapps + Magisk​
    05. Reboot -> System​
    *Note-3: SafteyNet:
    Lineage OS builds will not pass CTS/SafetyNet -- due to the AVB flag's "red" status. (Magisk works fine with SafetyNet patcher modules, though is not supported.)​

XDA:DevDB Information
    kiev-lineageos, ROM for the Motorole G 5G

Contributors

erfanoabdi, SyberHexen, Jleeblanch
    Source Code: https://github.com/SyberHexen

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.19
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2021-07-05
    Last Updated 2023-02-15
    I made this tutorial to help in flashing.
    Changelogs:

09/19/2021
    Device changelog:

- Fixed Regression with DRM Apps
    Past Changelogs:

09/16/2021
    Device changelog:

- Fixed Incoming call audio bug
    - Updated Brightness overlays
    - Updated Kernel Device Trees
    - Misc Improvements
    09/09/2021
    Device changelog:

- Enforcing Selinux
    - Fixed Off-mode Charging
    - Switched to Racer Off-mode animation
    - Fixed Setting device model between Ace/5g variants
    - Fixed Media studder
    08/12/2021
    Device changelog:

- carrierconfig: update from kievv tag 'RRV31.Q2-36-14-8'
    - carrierconfig: update from CAF tag 'LA.UM.9.12.r1-10800-SMxx50.0'
    - update defconfig from kievv tag 'RRV31.Q2-36-14-8'
    - Show Turbo Charging instead of charging rapidly
    - enable support for freeform windows and picture-in-picture
    - upgrade bootctrl hal to 1.1
    - increase audio for speaker(s) and microphone
    - Exfat driver included to kernel for LOS recovery support
    07/22/2021
    Device changelog:

- Minor Fixes
    - Updated Brightness overlays

07/05/2021
    Device changelog:

- Minor Fixes
    - Switch to Pixel Power Hal

07/01/2021
    Device changelog:

- Initial Build

My Review After 1 Day:

Running Android 11 - Lineage OS 18.1 Unofficial Nightly

Just wanted to give you all my opinion. This is a very stable rom so far.. I just bought this phone today and had the bootloader unlocked, TWRP installed, this ROM with Gapps, and Magisk (both zip and apk).. all in about 2 hours. I have been ROMing for 10 years now and this was not that bad for someone with experience. I really didnt run into a problem. I have the stock firmware unbrick tool if I needed it. I did have to reflash my twrp after the initial rom install.. lineage has its own recovery which overwrites the twrp I wanted.. I just had to fastboot flash recovery to put the correct one on. Whats with this Slot A/B thing .. thats a strange concept that I need to select a Slot.. thats a new one. also the bootloader unlock code.. i have never had to enter an unlock code before for a bootloader but was easy to submit the request and my email came in 2 minutes.. this is a great rom with many more features than the stock firmware. I was able to switch the back and recents buttons to the older way with the back button on the right. I am testing GCam for a faster camera.. lineage stock camera has a little lag (after you press the button it takes a half second for the click sound and image preview to show). GCam is a little faster so far but I need to stress-test for stability.

enjoy this rom.. its got my approval.

EDIT: I attached my GCam config file. Everything is working.. all functions have been tested and no freezes or issues with instability. I will report back with issues.

= GCam likes Google Photos app to load the images from within GCam.

= I just snapped 50 pics one right after the other, non-stop, very fast beat.... there was lag but it was totally expected.. it did not freeze up and eventually caught up fine and would continue for a couple pics then lag again.. I would expect all this to happen and its stability was very good.

Battery Drain is 2% over 5 hours sitting on my desk with screen off on standby. Battery Drain is a little more than I like while using apps. This needs some battery management but its not that bad.