[ROM]-[11.0]-[KIEV]-LineageOS-18.1-[UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

RobEKu

Jun 25, 2013
Anyone know how to get back the three button navigation? Gestures and three button navigation are gone, not in any setting, in the code, says package has zero bytes.

RollinCajun

Mar 12, 2022
Has anyone gotten this to work on AT&T network? When I install my Sim card the network symbol at the top goes crazy. Shows that it's connected then disconnected and it does this over and over then crashes the whole phone and reboots. It won't let me stay in the phone for more then about 2 minutes and then it crashes. I've reflashed and still the same thing. I can take the SIM out and use the phone on wifi everything seems to be working so far. Just not on mobile network.

EDIT: it works for a few minutes on LTE then it tries to switich to 5G and it goes ape **** and starts disconnecting and connecting then eventually crashes the phone.

Last edited:

RollinCajun

Mar 12, 2022
Anyone know how to get back the three button navigation? Gestures and three button navigation are gone, not in any setting, in the code, says package has zero bytes.
Search for Gestures under System Navigation you can search for either of those in your settings and it comes right up. I had no issues finding it.

User092741

Dec 9, 2021
Anybody have the issue that calls can be made but there is no sound? Looked in build.prop for the persist.vendor.audio.fluence.voicecall=true line, but nothing like this exists.

Also, data is not working on the (US) AT&T network, I can get SMS but that's it. Any idea what might fix this? I had network set to "Global" but have tried different settings with no luck.

cvcdrk

May 1, 2015
Has anyone gotten this to work on AT&T network? When I install my Sim card the network symbol at the top goes crazy. Shows that it's connected then disconnected and it does this over and over then crashes the whole phone and reboots. It won't let me stay in the phone for more then about 2 minutes and then it crashes. I've reflashed and still the same thing. I can take the SIM out and use the phone on wifi everything seems to be working so far. Just not on mobile network.

EDIT: it works for a few minutes on LTE then it tries to switich to 5G and it goes ape **** and starts disconnecting and connecting then eventually crashes the phone.

Hello yes I have this exact same problem. After extensive research and screwing with my OS and the android system I have eliminated all other issues. it is absolutely the att network rejecting us. they have a few different "whitelist" published now and one has the 5g ace with an asterisk saying "will requite a software update to use HD voice calls" or something like that.

I believe that the Att network is rejecting the phone but I cannot figure out what they're asking for. its not the model code because I changed mine in build.prop and still nothing. like you I can get on LTE for a min before it starts freaking out. at this point I am out of options unless a genius here can figure out what att's network is asking for in the handshake.

Anybody have the issue that calls can be made but there is no sound? Looked in build.prop for the persist.vendor.audio.fluence.voicecall=true line, but nothing like this exists.

Also, data is not working on the (US) AT&T network, I can get SMS but that's it. Any idea what might fix this? I had network set to "Global" but have tried different settings with no luck.

Yes. I dont know what's causing it but I have this issue. it is fixed by turning on and off the speakerphone quickly. i experience this intermittently.

User092741

Dec 9, 2021
Yes. I dont know what's causing it but I have this issue. it is fixed by turning on and off the speakerphone quickly. i experience this intermittently.
Thanks for the reply. Tried this and unfortunately didn't help. Getting to the point when I may just give up on Lineage 18.1. Too many things aren't functioning properly.

Fandroid Tech

Jan 23, 2018
Moto G 5G
I am having this issue with both your roms. I have tried everything I can think of. Wiping partitions, formatting data, full restoring latest android 11 stock firmware(multiple times), however I am still not able to install gapps. Every time I attempt to install gapps I get code 70(not enough space), I am able to mount system in the options however I do not get a "system" partition in the wipe partition selection. I have zero idea what I am doing wrong, I followed the instructions step by step. Please help, thanks!

Tdlr: Roms flash fine, gapps does not. Tried everything I can think of except full edl restore.

Fandroid Tech

Jan 23, 2018
Moto G 5G

@Articul8Madness

Thanks to Android 10 being System As Root with all these new super partitions running amuck, you cannot get Write access in the actual system files. So even when you achieve root, you can't do much. @lebigmac is working on that as we speak. Drop by his thread on R/W access and beta test his script so he can get more knowledge about how our phone works.
Is this the issue?

Fandroid Tech

Jan 23, 2018
Moto G 5G
No. It says what you're trying to flash is simply too big. Try a smaller gapps bundle.
I fixed the issue by flashing the android 10 firmware, it resized the system partion. Then I was able to flash the micro pack. Before that I could not flash even pico. I heard that the system partition can also be resized by flashing a really large gsi.

Reactions: fddm

baland3r

Mar 8, 2022
I managed to install the ROM but because I don't have otg I couldn't root the phone. I sideloaded the Gapps but I can't sideloae the magisk.

I put magisk zip to SD card but I can't install it. Also the TWRP shows the internal storage 0.

How can I root the phone?! Maybe to extract three boot.img from the payload from the file lineage os? And install it from magisk app?!

fddm

Feb 24, 2011
I managed to install the ROM but because I don't have otg I couldn't root the phone. I sideloaded the Gapps but I can't sideloae the magisk.

I put magisk zip to SD card but I can't install it. Also the TWRP shows the internal storage 0.

How can I root the phone?! Maybe to extract three boot.img from the payload from the file lineage os? And install it from magisk app?!
You'd put your recovery in sideload mode and send the file over usb with "adb sideload file.zip".

RobEKu

Jun 25, 2013
Search for Gestures under System Navigation you can search for either of those in your settings and it comes right up. I had no issues finding it.
My point was it wasn't there. I was removing a lot of Google packages via ADB and odds are that removed the buttons., when it shouldn't have but possible. Had to reinstall the code.

RobEKu

Jun 25, 2013
2okPze5.png

Motorola G 5G / Motorola One G 5G Ace
Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/
Introduction:
This is the Unofficial Lineage OS 18.1 thread for the Motorola G 5G, codename kiev.​
Join our Motorola G 5g / Motorola One 5G Ace Development Telegram Group!​

LINKS:
Recovery: Unofficial TWRP
Magisk: Magisk
Factory Firmware: Stock Firmware Mirror
"Copy Partitions Zip" - courtesy of @filipepferraz
(To setup "Slot B")

How to Install:
01. Download the ROM, Firmware and GApps from the links above.
02. Use terminal to boot latest twrp.img "fastboot boot twrp.img"
03. Create backup. i.e. EFS / Persist and put somewhere safe.
## YOU ONLY NEED THIS STEP ONCE.. When updating Firmwares ##
04.At this point Flash "Copy Partitions Zip" In TWRP "SLOT A"
05. Flash the ROM
06. Choose Reboot -> Bootloader
07. boot twrp again "fastboot boot twrp.img"
08. Install GApps & Magisk.
09. Reboot -> Bootloader
10. fastboot -w
11. Click Start and Enjoy.

NOTES:
*Note-1: Slots, ROMS install to opposite (inactive) slot
If you FLASHED ROM from "Slot A", then ROM is installed to "Slot B", If you Flashed ROM from "Slot B", then ROM is installed to "Slot A"
*Note-2: Updating "Dirty Flash"
01. Boot TWRP
02. Flash ROM
03. Reboot -> Bootloader
04. Boot TWRP
05. Install Gapps + Magisk
06. Reboot -> System
*Note-3: Updating "Dirty Flash"
Lineage OS builds will not pass CTS/SafetyNet -- due to the AVB flag's "red" status. (Magisk works fine with SafetyNet patcher modules, though is not supported.)​

XDA:DevDB Information
kiev-lineageos, ROM for the Motorole G 5G

Contributors

erfanoabdi, SyberHexen, Jleeblanch
Source Code: https://github.com/SyberHexen

ROM OS Version: Android 11
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.19
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Stable

Created 2021-07-05
Last Updated 2021-07-22
Thank you for creating updated builds. But I am wanting to be able to use the updater or at least not reflash my phone which means i have to back up my data and apps and then reinstall them. I was about to update to the 3/22 ROM but wondering if I'm missing something and are there different instructions to update when the version is LineageOS 18.1, same build env. etc. ? Thanks so much for this, mine is working great!

theburrus1

Apr 5, 2011
Moto G7 Play
Moto G 5G
According to this Link Lineage OS Official is ready for the Moto One 5G Ace. However, after clicking the link for the download I get this error. Can anyone provide an alternative mirror for download if such a place exist?? Syber Hexen? Is there truly an "Official Lineage build" ready?

Fandroid Tech

Jan 23, 2018
Moto G 5G
According to this Link Lineage OS Official is ready for the Moto One 5G Ace. However, after clicking the link for the download I get this error. Can anyone provide an alternative mirror for download if such a place exist?? Syber Hexen? Is there truly an "Official Lineage build" ready?
It will probably take up to a week for the official build to be generated.

Reactions: theburrus1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oh but the thing is the retus version for me doesn't have WiFi calling (I'm on at&t) but if i flash the Canadian firmware WiFi calling works fine on stock.
    Out of curiosity, have your tried flashing the most recent (6/30/2022) RETUS stock to upgrade the radios? Also, I believe the lineageos binary blobs are were updated from this RETUS version.

I have little experience and even less knowledge wrt "provisioning", wifi calling, when to update radios, and binary blobs (hence why I keep editing my prior post).
    No I have not. Will probably try it when a new build for lineageos is out.
    Which GAPPS are you using?
    I have been gapps free for more than 5 years. I just recently started playing with microg, but this is simply personal interest - I currently have no use for it.
    MicroG does not have the Google Play Store. So how does one accommodate the many apps we use, such as banking or shopping apps?
    Use Google Play, an alternative gplay client like Aurora Store, or an alternative app market. The Google Play Store works well with MicroG.
    2okPze5.png

Motorola G 5G / Motorola One G 5G Ace
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */
    Introduction:
    This is the Unofficial Lineage OS 18.1 thread for the Motorola G 5G, codename kiev.​
    Join our Motorola G 5g / Motorola One 5G Ace Development Telegram Group!​

LINKS:
    Recovery: Unofficial TWRP
    Magisk: Magisk
    Factory Firmware: Stock Firmware Mirror
    "Copy Partitions Zip" - courtesy of @filipepferraz
    (To setup "Slot B")

How to Install:
    01. Download the ROM, Firmware and GApps from the links above.
    02. Use terminal to boot latest twrp.img "fastboot boot twrp.img"
    03. Create backup. i.e. EFS / Persist and put somewhere safe.
    ## YOU ONLY NEED THIS STEP ONCE.. When updating Firmwares ##
    04.At this point Flash "Copy Partitions Zip" In TWRP "SLOT A"
    05. Flash the ROM
    06. Choose Reboot -> Bootloader
    07. boot twrp again "fastboot boot twrp.img"
    08. Install GApps & Magisk.
    09. Reboot -> Bootloader
    10. fastboot -w
    11. Click Start and Enjoy.

NOTES:
    *Note-1: Slots, ROMS install to opposite (inactive) slot
    If you FLASHED ROM from "Slot A", then ROM is installed to "Slot B", If you Flashed ROM from "Slot B", then ROM is installed to "Slot A"
    *Note-2: Updating "Dirty Flash"
    01. Boot TWRP
    02. Flash ROM
    03. Reboot -> Bootloader
    04. Boot TWRP
    05. Install Gapps + Magisk
    06. Reboot -> System
    *Note-3: Updating "Dirty Flash"
    Lineage OS builds will not pass CTS/SafetyNet -- due to the AVB flag's "red" status. (Magisk works fine with SafetyNet patcher modules, though is not supported.)​

XDA:DevDB Information
    kiev-lineageos, ROM for the Motorole G 5G

Contributors

erfanoabdi, SyberHexen, Jleeblanch
    Source Code: https://github.com/SyberHexen

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.19
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2021-07-05
    Last Updated 2021-07-22
    I made this tutorial to help in flashing.
    Changelogs:

09/19/2021
    Device changelog:

- Fixed Regression with DRM Apps
    Past Changelogs:

09/16/2021
    Device changelog:

- Fixed Incoming call audio bug
    - Updated Brightness overlays
    - Updated Kernel Device Trees
    - Misc Improvements
    09/09/2021
    Device changelog:

- Enforcing Selinux
    - Fixed Off-mode Charging
    - Switched to Racer Off-mode animation
    - Fixed Setting device model between Ace/5g variants
    - Fixed Media studder
    08/12/2021
    Device changelog:

- carrierconfig: update from kievv tag 'RRV31.Q2-36-14-8'
    - carrierconfig: update from CAF tag 'LA.UM.9.12.r1-10800-SMxx50.0'
    - update defconfig from kievv tag 'RRV31.Q2-36-14-8'
    - Show Turbo Charging instead of charging rapidly
    - enable support for freeform windows and picture-in-picture
    - upgrade bootctrl hal to 1.1
    - increase audio for speaker(s) and microphone
    - Exfat driver included to kernel for LOS recovery support
    07/22/2021
    Device changelog:

- Minor Fixes
    - Updated Brightness overlays

07/05/2021
    Device changelog:

- Minor Fixes
    - Switch to Pixel Power Hal

07/01/2021
    Device changelog:

- Initial Build

My Review After 1 Day:

Running Android 11 - Lineage OS 18.1 Unofficial Nightly

Just wanted to give you all my opinion. This is a very stable rom so far.. I just bought this phone today and had the bootloader unlocked, TWRP installed, this ROM with Gapps, and Magisk (both zip and apk).. all in about 2 hours. I have been ROMing for 10 years now and this was not that bad for someone with experience. I really didnt run into a problem. I have the stock firmware unbrick tool if I needed it. I did have to reflash my twrp after the initial rom install.. lineage has its own recovery which overwrites the twrp I wanted.. I just had to fastboot flash recovery to put the correct one on. Whats with this Slot A/B thing .. thats a strange concept that I need to select a Slot.. thats a new one. also the bootloader unlock code.. i have never had to enter an unlock code before for a bootloader but was easy to submit the request and my email came in 2 minutes.. this is a great rom with many more features than the stock firmware. I was able to switch the back and recents buttons to the older way with the back button on the right. I am testing GCam for a faster camera.. lineage stock camera has a little lag (after you press the button it takes a half second for the click sound and image preview to show). GCam is a little faster so far but I need to stress-test for stability.

enjoy this rom.. its got my approval.

EDIT: I attached my GCam config file. Everything is working.. all functions have been tested and no freezes or issues with instability. I will report back with issues.

= GCam likes Google Photos app to load the images from within GCam.

= I just snapped 50 pics one right after the other, non-stop, very fast beat.... there was lag but it was totally expected.. it did not freeze up and eventually caught up fine and would continue for a couple pics then lag again.. I would expect all this to happen and its stability was very good.

Battery Drain is 2% over 5 hours sitting on my desk with screen off on standby. Battery Drain is a little more than I like while using apps. This needs some battery management but its not that bad.