[ROM]-[11.0]-[KIEV]-LineageOS-18.1-[UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

RobEKu

Jun 25, 2013
I just installed the official nightly, 04.09.22, from lineageOS site and wiki for kiev and so far it's rock solid. I find I almost have to root my phone to get full backups, including messages and to restore everything. I never could get the unofficial twrp recovery really working for the official lineageOS kiev recovery works like a charm. So awesome, I can avoid amd bypass MetroPCS, T-mobile hotspot blocks, even though I have hotspot on my account. On both Mot and Samsung stock Rom, hotspot is blocked with unlocked devices. Using HedgeCam and it's GPL and really seems to correctly enable all of the quad camera features so far.

Very very happy, thank you, thank you,, thank you SyberHexen!

Sep 18, 2019
@SyberHexen (and others who contributed to making this device "official"),

Thank you for your time and effort, It is much appreciated.

After inspecting bootloader.img from XT2113_KIEV_RETUS_10_QZKS30.Q4-40-95-6_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.zip (which had been flashed to my bootloader unlocked device before lineageos) it looks like avb2 might be supported.

With lineage-18.1-20220409-nightly-kiev-signed.zip installed (works fine so far after almost a week), attempting
Code:
fastboot erase avb_custom_key
Erasing 'avb_custom_key'                           OKAY [  0.009s]
works.

I also extracted the public key from the currently installed lineageos vbmeta.img (to output.img) and
Code:
fastboot flash avb_custom_key output.img  
Sending 'avb_custom_key' (1 KB)                    OKAY [  0.001s]
Writing 'avb_custom_key'                           OKAY [  0.009s]
Finished. Total time: 0.011s
also works (I've rebooted the device into lineageos after this without issue - not surprising given I didn't expect the key to be checked).

I have NOT attempted relocking the bootloader yet nor do I plan to until I can get a device I'm comfortable experimenting on. However, I am curious if anyone else has tried relocking the bootloader with either the lineageos keys or their own keys using avb2 on this device.

Thanks again.

Reactions: Fandroid Tech
Sep 18, 2019
Apparently re-locking the bootloader with a custom os is not currently possible using the methods others have described for avb2.

I flashed the factory firmware and verified that I could re-lock the bootloader and have the device boot into the stock android 10 os.

Re-locking is much simpler than prior motorola devices I've used:
Code:
fastboot oem lock
and follow the on screen instructions will re-lock the bootloader and wipe data.

One can then unlock the bootloader after this (and again wipe your data) via
Code:
fastboot oem unlock
Note, during all the messing about I did, I was careful to validate that the "allow bootloader unlocking" toggle in the developer menu was always enabled. Thankfully this never changed.
Apparently after unlocking the bootloader for the first time using the code from motorolla, this code is not required again to unlock the bootloader.

From here and with the bootloader unlocked I tried flashing lineageos as usual (booting into twrp, sideload copy partitions, followed by sideload the latest lineageos image to slot b, slot a retained the stock firmware I believe). Reboot to verify lineage was working. Return to fastboot, erase avb_custom_key, and flash lineageos public keys to avb_custom_keys as described in my post above. I can then relock the bootloader from fastboot but lineageos will not boot. I get the red "No valid operating system ..." message and I have to hold the power key and vol down key for about 10 seconds to get back to fastboot.

I can unlock the bootloader after this and then boot into lineageos no problem (obviously all user data is wiped). I tried several variants of this including having lineageos on both the A and B parttions (attempting to boot from A). Nothing I tried got me past the "No valid os" screen. But I could always get back to fastboot, unlock the device, and boot into lineageos.

I'll try again if the device gets a stock motorola update to 12.

Reactions: Fandroid Tech

nasdaq0

Oct 10, 2009
hello friends, hello syberhexen, great work.
I was wondering about the 19.1 that runs quite nice on my device; the one i found on the unoffical androidhost site. Any information on it?

Fandroid Tech

Jan 23, 2018
Moto G 5G
hello friends, hello syberhexen, great work.
I was wondering about the 19.1 that runs quite nice on my device; the one i found on the unoffical androidhost site. Any information on it?
There is no official 19.1 release for this device yet, and it seems like syberhexen doesnt really update his threads often. You probably downloaded a generic gsi rom.

foureightyi

May 2, 2022
For those interested, I found a way to get the stock Camera working after a lot of trial and error thanks to a hint from this post in the Havoc thread. It's kinda hacky though and would definitely backup before trying.

I'm not sure it's worth it however as It seems to not work if Magisk is flashed to your system. The boot screen just hangs forever upon rebooting, forcing me to reflash the os. I don't know, maybe I'm missing something and someone more knowledgeable can find a cleaner solution, that allows for Magisk.

Anyways, it seems that placing /system/framework/com.motorola.motosignature.jar and /system/etc/permissions/com.motorola.motosignature.xml from the stock rom into the same locations on Lineage and rebooting, allows the motcam3 apk to install.

There is an annoying popup every time you open it complaining about needing an update for "Shot Optimization" but otherwise seems to work just as it's supposed to.

Sep 18, 2019
I just booted into a lineageos 18.1 self signed user build on this device with the bootloader locked.

I spent a little time with avbtool inspecting the stock vbmeta.img and comparing to that produced by lineageos official builds and self signed builds (both userdebug and user builds). I made several changes to the BoardConfig.mk wrt AVB but i think the relevant addition is

Code:
BOARD_AVB_ROLLBACK_INDEX := 12

The value 12 comes from the stock vbmeta.img (also from XT2113_KIEV_RETUS_10_QZKS30.Q4-40-95-6_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.zip that i mentioned above) i.e.

Code:
python avbtool info_image --image vbmeta.img | grep Rollback
Rollback Index:           12

I also eliminated vbmeta_system.img in the build process (commenting out the relevant lines in BoardConfig.mk and editing the partition table in device.mk). I don't think this is necessary - I did it before I tried changing the rollback index in an attempt to make lineageos vbmeta.img files similar to the stock one. I still haven't figured out how to get sha256 hashs for the hashtree entries, something for later i guess.

Obviously, one still needs to
Code:
fastboot flash avb_custom_key releasekey-pkmd.bin
where releasekey-pkmd.bin comes form the keys you generate when doing your own self signed builds and when the bootloader is still unlocked.

I have a fair amount of testing I'm going to do yet before I start using a lineageos user build with a locked bootloader as a daily driver, but that is the plan. If I can build it myself, I don't need root. Also I want tamper detection enough to do my own builds for updates now on.

I don't want to add too much to the fud around re-locking your bootloader, but it is totally possible to brick your device doing this. For example, during my testing to get to this point, I was able revert to stock, flash the copy partitions zip, re-lock the bootloader, fastboot boot into my own self signed userdebug lineageos recover (i.e. the bootloader is locked and will work on stock - no lineageos, but my own key flashed to avb_custom_key), and then flash a stock lineageos image on slot b. The device would not boot with the bootloader locked; however, as soon as I unlocked it, it booted right into lineageos. Imagine doing this without the ability fastboot flashing unlock.

Anyway,

Happy bricking

dooshbagel

Jun 22, 2019
I've found one problem: go to Settings -> Network & Internet -> Mobile Network -> Advanced
scroll down "Automatically select network" and disable it. Instead of choice of networks I'm getting the message: Couldn't find networks. Try again."
Normally I have 3 or 4 available mobile networks in my area. So, basically I cannot roaming.
Same here, to add to my previous comment.

Sep 18, 2019
Is the lineageos fm radio app not outputing sound for anyone else?

The app runs, detects a headphone, tunes stations but I get no sound out of the headphone or phone speaker. I do get sound out the headphones and phone speaker otherwise so it is not volume or speaker issue.

I do see some errors wrt the fmradio via logcat and I can submit a bug report if one does not already exist. Just want to check if this is just me or others experience the same.

I am using my own "user" build (repo synced today) using the muppets if that matters.

EDIT: I won't be submitting a bug report anytime soon. Lineageos requests users not submit bug reports for "UNOFFICIAL" builds (which I'm using).

It looks like the FM2 app is not detecting the ro.vendor.fm.use_audio_session property. This prop is set to true, this can be seen in the image build.prop and, if from a root adb session using a userdebug build, one can see this is the case. However, from a non-root adb session, this prop is not "visible."

If I force mUseAudioSession in fmradio/FMRadioService.java to true (which is what ro.vendor.fm.use_audio_session is suppose to do), audio functions as expected for me. I spent some time trying to puzzel through the sepolicy setting api for props, but that will take some time.

Note, I can not contact the device devs via telegram. I've tried several times over the past couple of weeks to get access - no code is ever sent and telegram has yet to respond to email request for assistance.

Last edited:

Creeper36

My Review After 1 Day:

Running Android 11 - Lineage OS 18.1 Unofficial Nightly

Just wanted to give you all my opinion. This is a very stable rom so far.. I just bought this phone today and had the bootloader unlocked, TWRP installed, this ROM with Gapps, and Magisk (both zip and apk).. all in about 2 hours. I have been ROMing for 10 years now and this was not that bad for someone with experience. I really didnt run into a problem. I have the stock firmware unbrick tool if I needed it. I did have to reflash my twrp after the initial rom install.. lineage has its own recovery which overwrites the twrp I wanted.. I just had to fastboot flash recovery to put the correct one on. Whats with this Slot A/B thing .. thats a strange concept that I need to select a Slot.. thats a new one. also the bootloader unlock code.. i have never had to enter an unlock code before for a bootloader but was easy to submit the request and my email came in 2 minutes.. this is a great rom with many more features than the stock firmware. I was able to switch the back and recents buttons to the older way with the back button on the right. I am testing GCam for a faster camera.. lineage stock camera has a little lag (after you press the button it takes a half second for the click sound and image preview to show). GCam is a little faster so far but I need to stress-test for stability.

enjoy this rom.. its got my approval.

EDIT: I attached my GCam config file. Everything is working.. all functions have been tested and no freezes or issues with instability. I will report back with issues.

= GCam likes Google Photos app to load the images from within GCam.

= I just snapped 50 pics one right after the other, non-stop, very fast beat.... there was lag but it was totally expected.. it did not freeze up and eventually caught up fine and would continue for a couple pics then lag again.. I would expect all this to happen and its stability was very good.

Battery Drain is 2% over 5 hours sitting on my desk with screen off on standby. Battery Drain is a little more than I like while using apps. This needs some battery management but its not that bad.

Attachments

• Moto One 5G Ace - Config File for GCam 7.3.018 -creeper36.xml
    14.1 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Does anyone know if there is any way to get the network traffic activity speed monitor (the one that comes with LineageOS) off of the front facing camera? It makes most of the info not show up because its being displayed where the camera is. Other than that this is a pretty nice ROM. I had a G7 River that the cam was in a U shaped notch at the top and everything knew to display around it. Can that be done with Kiev?

Thank you

Sep 18, 2019
Does anyone know if there is any way to get the network traffic activity speed monitor (the one that comes with LineageOS) off of the front facing camera?
In the event you give up on the lineageos default camera app (I did), you may want to try the alternate camera app hedgecam2 v2.14b (hinted at by others elsewhere in this thread). I don't observe issues with the front camera bezel when using hedgecam2.

Also, I could not access the macro or wide angle camera's with the lineageos default camera app, but I can with hedgecam2.

Murderburger

Jun 21, 2021
Tried out the new lineage on his directory seems to be working fine so far.. Android auto not working but I think there's a fix online.
IMG_20220610_115527.jpg

xStealth

May 25, 2022
Sadly it would seem that FM radio still doesn't play sound even with the newest Lineage nightlies. Sad, it's the only thing keeping me from switching at this point.

I know a lot of people scoff at the need for FM radio, but I expect my device to be an all-in-one form of communication if worse comes to worse. That's why I tend to go with Motorola devices because many other companies are phasing out FM radios.

Sep 18, 2019
Sadly it would seem that FM radio still doesn't play sound even with the newest Lineage nightlies. Sad, it's the only thing keeping me from switching at this point.

I know a lot of people scoff at the need for FM radio, but I expect my device to be an all-in-one form of communication if worse comes to worse. That's why I tend to go with Motorola devices because many other companies are phasing out FM radios.
This commit (not merged yet) might fix it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Motorola G 5G / Motorola One G 5G Ace
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */
    Introduction:
    This is the Unofficial Lineage OS 18.1 thread for the Motorola G 5G, codename kiev.​
    Join our Motorola G 5g / Motorola One 5G Ace Development Telegram Group!​

LINKS:
    Recovery: Unofficial TWRP
    Magisk: Magisk
    Factory Firmware: Stock Firmware Mirror
    "Copy Partitions Zip" - courtesy of @filipepferraz
    (To setup "Slot B")

How to Install:
    01. Download the ROM, Firmware and GApps from the links above.
    02. Use terminal to boot latest twrp.img "fastboot boot twrp.img"
    03. Create backup. i.e. EFS / Persist and put somewhere safe.
    ## YOU ONLY NEED THIS STEP ONCE.. When updating Firmwares ##
    04.At this point Flash "Copy Partitions Zip" In TWRP "SLOT A"
    05. Flash the ROM
    06. Choose Reboot -> Bootloader
    07. boot twrp again "fastboot boot twrp.img"
    08. Install GApps & Magisk.
    09. Reboot -> Bootloader
    10. fastboot -w
    11. Click Start and Enjoy.

NOTES:
    *Note-1: Slots, ROMS install to opposite (inactive) slot
    If you FLASHED ROM from "Slot A", then ROM is installed to "Slot B", If you Flashed ROM from "Slot B", then ROM is installed to "Slot A"
    *Note-2: Updating "Dirty Flash"
    01. Boot TWRP
    02. Flash ROM
    03. Reboot -> Bootloader
    04. Boot TWRP
    05. Install Gapps + Magisk
    06. Reboot -> System
    *Note-3: Updating "Dirty Flash"
    Lineage OS builds will not pass CTS/SafetyNet -- due to the AVB flag's "red" status. (Magisk works fine with SafetyNet patcher modules, though is not supported.)​

XDA:DevDB Information
    kiev-lineageos, ROM for the Motorole G 5G

Contributors

erfanoabdi, SyberHexen, Jleeblanch
    Source Code: https://github.com/SyberHexen

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.19
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2021-07-05
    Last Updated 2021-07-22
    I made this tutorial to help in flashing.
    Changelogs:

09/19/2021
    Device changelog:

- Fixed Regression with DRM Apps
    Past Changelogs:

09/16/2021
    Device changelog:

- Fixed Incoming call audio bug
    - Updated Brightness overlays
    - Updated Kernel Device Trees
    - Misc Improvements
    09/09/2021
    Device changelog:

- Enforcing Selinux
    - Fixed Off-mode Charging
    - Switched to Racer Off-mode animation
    - Fixed Setting device model between Ace/5g variants
    - Fixed Media studder
    08/12/2021
    Device changelog:

- carrierconfig: update from kievv tag 'RRV31.Q2-36-14-8'
    - carrierconfig: update from CAF tag 'LA.UM.9.12.r1-10800-SMxx50.0'
    - update defconfig from kievv tag 'RRV31.Q2-36-14-8'
    - Show Turbo Charging instead of charging rapidly
    - enable support for freeform windows and picture-in-picture
    - upgrade bootctrl hal to 1.1
    - increase audio for speaker(s) and microphone
    - Exfat driver included to kernel for LOS recovery support
    07/22/2021
    Device changelog:

- Minor Fixes
    - Updated Brightness overlays

07/05/2021
    Device changelog:

- Minor Fixes
    - Switch to Pixel Power Hal

07/01/2021
    Device changelog:

- Initial Build

My Review After 1 Day:

Running Android 11 - Lineage OS 18.1 Unofficial Nightly

Just wanted to give you all my opinion. This is a very stable rom so far.. I just bought this phone today and had the bootloader unlocked, TWRP installed, this ROM with Gapps, and Magisk (both zip and apk).. all in about 2 hours. I have been ROMing for 10 years now and this was not that bad for someone with experience. I really didnt run into a problem. I have the stock firmware unbrick tool if I needed it. I did have to reflash my twrp after the initial rom install.. lineage has its own recovery which overwrites the twrp I wanted.. I just had to fastboot flash recovery to put the correct one on. Whats with this Slot A/B thing .. thats a strange concept that I need to select a Slot.. thats a new one. also the bootloader unlock code.. i have never had to enter an unlock code before for a bootloader but was easy to submit the request and my email came in 2 minutes.. this is a great rom with many more features than the stock firmware. I was able to switch the back and recents buttons to the older way with the back button on the right. I am testing GCam for a faster camera.. lineage stock camera has a little lag (after you press the button it takes a half second for the click sound and image preview to show). GCam is a little faster so far but I need to stress-test for stability.

enjoy this rom.. its got my approval.

EDIT: I attached my GCam config file. Everything is working.. all functions have been tested and no freezes or issues with instability. I will report back with issues.

= GCam likes Google Photos app to load the images from within GCam.

= I just snapped 50 pics one right after the other, non-stop, very fast beat.... there was lag but it was totally expected.. it did not freeze up and eventually caught up fine and would continue for a couple pics then lag again.. I would expect all this to happen and its stability was very good.

Battery Drain is 2% over 5 hours sitting on my desk with screen off on standby. Battery Drain is a little more than I like while using apps. This needs some battery management but its not that bad.