• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM]-[11.0]-[KIEV]-LineageOS-18.1-[UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread
PS i can only tether h+ and lte only..
5G stays on local host 192.....xx.
The guy who made the boot img to override and modify the apn was only for stock..
if your reading this can you port the modified boot.img to lineage os 11..much thanks...

Thanks for that bit of information. Sucks that I can't try out this ROM though, as I HAVE to have that modification. Live out in the middle of nowhere with no isp, just my phone. Hopefully these phones get more traction in the community, they're really nice devices that could benefit from the attention.

Reactions: jhjhjhjhjhjh

Donnie267

Oct 23, 2017
Is there any word on official release? Also, I'm having trouble getting GPS to work reliably, not sure if anyone is having the same issue.

First off much thanks to the o.p for a custom rom. No complaints here.
I had to research Lineage os since i haven't used that particular rom since oreo 8.1.1.
Havoc ,AICP and RR have been my go to roms...
Anyways, To use gapps it was recommended to use MindThegapps..ill send a link.
Ill tell ya this rom is tricky but good after proper installation. I saw the red rings of death too but after i re-flashed and put the rom on slot_a and flashed the Recommended gapps , no more Red Ring or nothing...

My problem was flashing gapps..Lineage only accepts gapps when flashed before first boot up. Also lineage flashes its own recovery and i couldn't boot to twrp or flash it.. Luckily, the lineage recovery has signature verification off so i was able to flash the gapps in Lineage recovery..

Hope this helps...

My install process requires an ext sd card and a cpu running windows 10..
Have copy of partitions zip lineage rom plus mindthegapps11 zip and optional magisk 23 zip on external sd card..
1. Flash stock firmware... mirror lolinet....moto kiev.. via fastboot..
2.Once new stock rom installed boot to welcome screen.
3.Now power off phone hold volume down have usb cord plugged in the phone then plug into cpu ..now ur in boot loader mode...
4.adb command fastboot boot recovery.img
in twrp now navigate to reboot and select reboot to slot_b
5.now flash copy partitions zip and lineage rom

6.Now select reboot to bootloader
7.Use volume keys to navigate to recovery and use power button to select "Recovery".
Now ull be in lineage recovery
8.use volume keys to navigate to install update use power button to select.
9.i placed all my zips in my download folder. look for the mindthegapps zip in the folder u put it in and hit install anyways when it says signature not verified.
10.now use volume keys to navigate to reboot to "bootloader"...Not System yet...
11. now in bootloader ...adb command
fastboot -w
now reboot system and profit...
how do you go from freshly flashed stock to adb without usb debugging?

jhjhjhjhjhjh

Mar 14, 2017
So troubles. Got it flashed, need boot.img for magisk and twrp is failing decrypting, screen lock pin isn't working. Any help with either from anyone.
I got it rooted by backing up the boot.img after you flash the lineage ROM. Reflash the ROM and reboot to bootloader, then boot back into twrp then back up the boot.img to an external sd.card. Then after you have lineage booted... open magisk and patch the boot.emmc. rename to boot.img and fastboot flash the patched boot.img..

Reactions: bobbyp1086
I got it rooted by backing up the boot.img after you flash the lineage ROM. Reflash the ROM and reboot to bootloader, then boot back into twrp then back up the boot.img to an external sd.card. Then after you have lineage booted... open magisk and patch the boot.emmc. rename to boot.img and fastboot flash the patched boot.img..
i spaced about twrp backing up boot.img, trying to install gapps fails internal storage is not mounted due to encryption. im about to format an reflash. linage is working an beautifully

Both magisk and gapps should install without decryption.
If you don't have external storage such as sdcard or otg you'll have to sideload the files.
its not. after a format thru twrp the internal storage shows up, then after flashing rom and rebooting to bootloader and back to twrp its at 0mb. same with everything under backup, i am thinking instead of rebooting to bootloader just reboot set the lock screen and then try twrp again.

edit: weird thing going into backup i hit refresh sizes and all is showing up. but when flashing gapps, i am trying to get aroma, before the refresh sizes i got error 255, now its saying loop 17,18,19,20 dont exsist
strange things there, i am guessing i wont be able to use aroma

SyberHexen

its not. after a format thru twrp the internal storage shows up, then after flashing rom and rebooting to bootloader and back to twrp its at 0mb. same with everything under backup, i am thinking instead of rebooting to bootloader just reboot set the lock screen and then try twrp again.

edit: weird thing going into backup i hit refresh sizes and all is showing up. but when flashing gapps, i am trying to get aroma, before the refresh sizes i got error 255, now its saying loop 17,18,19,20 dont exsist
strange things there, i am guessing i wont be able to use aroma
Right now we have to wait for twrp 11 support for decryption on A11 stock/ roms.

Afaik opengapps 11 only has pico/nano packages atm.

Loop errors are OK

atsalchenberg

Aug 1, 2014
Moto G 5G
Moto E (2020)
How do I decrypt the data, I've flashed the three versions of the rooms at least two three times each and I can't back up the data for the life of me & a few more issues any help will be greatly appreciated.

Also what is the ideal TWRP version for this build?

SyberHexen

How do I decrypt the data, I've flashed the three versions of the rooms at least two three times each and I can't back up the data for the life of me & a few more issues any help will be greatly appreciated.

Also what is the ideal TWRP version for this build?
Atm due to the new Android 11 crypto decryption isn't possible untill twrp 11

atsalchenberg

Aug 1, 2014
Moto G 5G
Moto E (2020)
My phone won't enter recovery. Regardless of type. I flashed a vbmeta that came with a TWRP recovery and now it won't boot into recovery and recovery boot screen turns on and then it resets itself and Boots into the system. Any ideas of how I can fix this issue

My phone won't enter recovery. Regardless of type. I flashed a vbmeta that came with a TWRP recovery and now it won't boot into recovery and recovery boot screen turns on and then it resets itself and Boots into the system. Any ideas of how I can fix this issue
Mine did the same except it wouldn't boot twrp. What I did was booted to twrp, formatted flashed rom tried aroma Gapps too big and failed but I thought I was going something wrong so I booted to system and twrp wouldn't boot after the splash screen would come up then go to lineage recovery. I side loaded gapps to from there, never knew you could. But if I were you I'd boot to the recovery image in linage twrp doesn't seem to like it or vice versa.

After a week I have to say I love it.
Pros, super fast, smooth and customizable. R/w access. Unencrypted is not an issue. Magisk is working flawless. Best I've seen since it's inception. Also my favorite of all, like literally best feature is passes safety net and not just in magisk.
Cons, stock moto cam not installed the camera on linage is not as good. No turbo charging, rapid charging is there don't know if they are different. Some reason I can't figure out yet the battery is draining slightly faster and device runs a little warmer, expected tho as it's running a lot more at a better pace.

2 thumbs way up. Next stop permanent compatible twrp.

Atm due to the new Android 11 crypto decryption isn't possible untill twrp 11
That's not 100% accurate. There is a way to decrypt, but once lineage is flashed it goes away but r/w is still available. Also I don't think Android 11 will run decrypted from what I read on Google dev site about Android 11, I'm amazed we got linage with what it was sayin

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey would really appreciate if u could upstream the kernel to at least 5.4 it's super secure and safer than 4.x. 5.6 has VPN wireguard stuff if you'd like do do that one.
    Not that easy when you rely on vendor code. The way to get Wireguard is to download sources for lineage and this port, apply Wireguard's create-patch.sh to the kernel, and add CONFIG_WIREGUARD to the config for kiev. You can set it to 'y' if you intend build the entire kernel or 'm' if you just want the module(makes updates easier, insert with insmod). You build it by issuing "breakfast kiev" followed by "make bootimage".
    I can confirm this as I use the exact same earphones. I'm on stock waiting to remove the sim lock atm, it would really help if you could share a logcat with connect/disconnect events to assist in tracking down the issue.
    That I can gladly do. I'll hop on it when I get home this evening. On stock again but switching back is no problem at all. Give me a few hours 👌
    2okPze5.png

Motorola G 5G / Motorola One G 5G Ace
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */
    Introduction:
    This is the Unofficial Lineage OS 18.1 thread for the Motorola G 5G, codename kiev.​
    Join our Motorola G 5g / Motorola One 5G Ace Development Telegram Group!​

LINKS:
    Recovery: Unofficial TWRP
    Magisk: Magisk
    Factory Firmware: Stock Firmware Mirror
    "Copy Partitions Zip" - courtesy of @filipepferraz
    (To setup "Slot B")

How to Install:
    01. Download the ROM, Firmware and GApps from the links above.
    02. Use terminal to boot latest twrp.img "fastboot boot twrp.img"
    03. Create backup. i.e. EFS / Persist and put somewhere safe.
    ## YOU ONLY NEED THIS STEP ONCE.. When updating Firmwares ##
    04.At this point Flash "Copy Partitions Zip" In TWRP "SLOT A"
    05. Flash the ROM
    06. Choose Reboot -> Bootloader
    07. boot twrp again "fastboot boot twrp.img"
    08. Install GApps & Magisk.
    09. Reboot -> Bootloader
    10. fastboot -w
    11. Click Start and Enjoy.

NOTES:
    *Note-1: Slots, ROMS install to opposite (inactive) slot
    If you FLASHED ROM from "Slot A", then ROM is installed to "Slot B", If you Flashed ROM from "Slot B", then ROM is installed to "Slot A"
    *Note-2: Updating "Dirty Flash"
    01. Boot TWRP
    02. Flash ROM
    03. Reboot -> Bootloader
    04. Boot TWRP
    05. Install Gapps + Magisk
    06. Reboot -> System
    *Note-3: Updating "Dirty Flash"
    Lineage OS builds will not pass CTS/SafetyNet -- due to the AVB flag's "red" status. (Magisk works fine with SafetyNet patcher modules, though is not supported.)​

XDA:DevDB Information
    kiev-lineageos, ROM for the Motorole G 5G

Contributors

erfanoabdi, SyberHexen, Jleeblanch
    Source Code: https://github.com/SyberHexen

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.19
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2021-07-05
    Last Updated 2021-07-22
    Past Changelogs:

09/16/2021
    Device changelog:

- Fixed Incoming call audio bug
    - Updated Brightness overlays
    - Updated Kernel Device Trees
    - Misc Improvements
    09/09/2021
    Device changelog:

- Enforcing Selinux
    - Fixed Off-mode Charging
    - Switched to Racer Off-mode animation
    - Fixed Setting device model between Ace/5g variants
    - Fixed Media studder
    08/12/2021
    Device changelog:

- carrierconfig: update from kievv tag 'RRV31.Q2-36-14-8'
    - carrierconfig: update from CAF tag 'LA.UM.9.12.r1-10800-SMxx50.0'
    - update defconfig from kievv tag 'RRV31.Q2-36-14-8'
    - Show Turbo Charging instead of charging rapidly
    - enable support for freeform windows and picture-in-picture
    - upgrade bootctrl hal to 1.1
    - increase audio for speaker(s) and microphone
    - Exfat driver included to kernel for LOS recovery support
    07/22/2021
    Device changelog:

- Minor Fixes
    - Updated Brightness overlays

07/05/2021
    Device changelog:

- Minor Fixes
    - Switch to Pixel Power Hal

07/01/2021
    Device changelog:

- Initial Build

I made this tutorial to help in flashing.
    Changelogs:

09/19/2021
    Device changelog:

- Fixed Regression with DRM Apps
    Excellent work, Andrew! (y) I can't wait to try it. Been really busy lately.