• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM]-[11.0]-[KIEV]-LineageOS-18.1-[UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

Murderburger

Jun 21, 2021
So i managed to get this working on MetroPCS the trick was to download google messenger and type *#*#4636#*#* then uncheck every box and recheck them. Now I can send and receive. Also disabled the default SMS app..

roiikka

Feb 7, 2016
The Galaxy
First off, this ROM is great, I absolutely love it. I've got it installed and working on SLOT B. However - I am experiencing the same problem as a couple others on here where my phone calls are extremely quiet; I'm assuming the 09/16 build audio fixes may apply for that? My biggest question, however, is this: How do I upgrade to the latest build without wiping my data? I've attempted it but I'm not having any luck, it just reboots and I have the same 08/12 build.. I am sure I am missing something but am afraid to try too much without proper direction.. I get a little sideways when it comes to the A/B slot thing and I understand how to change back forth but as much detail for an upgrade process someone might give, it sure would be appreciated.

Again, this is the first ROM I've installed on a later phone and It's awesome! Thanks to you for working so diligently on it.
There are settings in the "build prop" file you can change to turn up both phone call mic and voip (voice over internet provider) sensitivity. Search "build prop mic volume" and such. I can find the sites with good info on it if you want. Just ask. And if I'm not mistaken, it's in "vendor" something folder now, not just system. Something like that. You'll see it. Look it up specific to your phone though. Something like "voip mic volume=88" and you change it to 90 or 95 or something. I forget. Or TO 88 if it's at 65. Similar to digital volume dials "0 to 100" just numeric only in that build prop file line(s). And 65 and 88 and all that is just "stock" "safe" values and such. You can PM/DM me if you want. It's not hard you just have to find where the "effective" build prop file is (system/system-vendor, etc.) 👍

fddm

Feb 24, 2011
Going to just stick with wired headphones or Stock until I see that at least bluetooth HD audio is up on 11. I see it's rather difficult, through my research. Thanks for having this port in the first place @SyberHexen . I used to have the G7 Power and this 5G Ace seems like the big update. Keep on rockin, man ..
I checked the latest build, and it was fixed.

Reactions: roiikka

Top Liked Posts

Is it all HD audio or APTX only? I couldn't get the HD to show up in BT settings on my Sony HD ones. Can't test APTX at the moment ..
    Sorry, I can only confirm the bug from your logcat is fixed since I have the hardware to test.
    I can confirm this as I use the exact same earphones. I'm on stock waiting to remove the sim lock atm, it would really help if you could share a logcat with connect/disconnect events to assist in tracking down the issue.
    That I can gladly do. I'll hop on it when I get home this evening. On stock again but switching back is no problem at all. Give me a few hours 👌
    Going to just stick with wired headphones or Stock until I see that at least bluetooth HD audio is up on 11. I see it's rather difficult, through my research. Thanks for having this port in the first place @SyberHexen . I used to have the G7 Power and this 5G Ace seems like the big update. Keep on rockin, man ..
    I checked the latest build, and it was fixed.
    Is it all HD audio or APTX only? I couldn't get the HD to show up in BT settings on my Sony HD ones. Can't test APTX at the moment ..
    Sorry, I can only confirm the bug from your logcat is fixed since I have the hardware to test.
    2okPze5.png

Motorola G 5G / Motorola One G 5G Ace
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */
    Introduction:
    This is the Unofficial Lineage OS 18.1 thread for the Motorola G 5G, codename kiev.​
    Join our Motorola G 5g / Motorola One 5G Ace Development Telegram Group!​

LINKS:
    Recovery: Unofficial TWRP
    Magisk: Magisk
    Factory Firmware: Stock Firmware Mirror
    "Copy Partitions Zip" - courtesy of @filipepferraz
    (To setup "Slot B")

How to Install:
    01. Download the ROM, Firmware and GApps from the links above.
    02. Use terminal to boot latest twrp.img "fastboot boot twrp.img"
    03. Create backup. i.e. EFS / Persist and put somewhere safe.
    ## YOU ONLY NEED THIS STEP ONCE.. When updating Firmwares ##
    04.At this point Flash "Copy Partitions Zip" In TWRP "SLOT A"
    05. Flash the ROM
    06. Choose Reboot -> Bootloader
    07. boot twrp again "fastboot boot twrp.img"
    08. Install GApps & Magisk.
    09. Reboot -> Bootloader
    10. fastboot -w
    11. Click Start and Enjoy.

NOTES:
    *Note-1: Slots, ROMS install to opposite (inactive) slot
    If you FLASHED ROM from "Slot A", then ROM is installed to "Slot B", If you Flashed ROM from "Slot B", then ROM is installed to "Slot A"
    *Note-2: Updating "Dirty Flash"
    01. Boot TWRP
    02. Flash ROM
    03. Reboot -> Bootloader
    04. Boot TWRP
    05. Install Gapps + Magisk
    06. Reboot -> System
    *Note-3: Updating "Dirty Flash"
    Lineage OS builds will not pass CTS/SafetyNet -- due to the AVB flag's "red" status. (Magisk works fine with SafetyNet patcher modules, though is not supported.)​

XDA:DevDB Information
    kiev-lineageos, ROM for the Motorole G 5G

Contributors

erfanoabdi, SyberHexen, Jleeblanch
    Source Code: https://github.com/SyberHexen

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.19
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2021-07-05
    Last Updated 2021-07-22
    Past Changelogs:

09/16/2021
    Device changelog:

- Fixed Incoming call audio bug
    - Updated Brightness overlays
    - Updated Kernel Device Trees
    - Misc Improvements
    09/09/2021
    Device changelog:

- Enforcing Selinux
    - Fixed Off-mode Charging
    - Switched to Racer Off-mode animation
    - Fixed Setting device model between Ace/5g variants
    - Fixed Media studder
    08/12/2021
    Device changelog:

- carrierconfig: update from kievv tag 'RRV31.Q2-36-14-8'
    - carrierconfig: update from CAF tag 'LA.UM.9.12.r1-10800-SMxx50.0'
    - update defconfig from kievv tag 'RRV31.Q2-36-14-8'
    - Show Turbo Charging instead of charging rapidly
    - enable support for freeform windows and picture-in-picture
    - upgrade bootctrl hal to 1.1
    - increase audio for speaker(s) and microphone
    - Exfat driver included to kernel for LOS recovery support
    07/22/2021
    Device changelog:

- Minor Fixes
    - Updated Brightness overlays

07/05/2021
    Device changelog:

- Minor Fixes
    - Switch to Pixel Power Hal

07/01/2021
    Device changelog:

- Initial Build

I made this tutorial to help in flashing.
    Changelogs:

09/19/2021
    Device changelog:

- Fixed Regression with DRM Apps
    Excellent work, Andrew! (y) I can't wait to try it. Been really busy lately.