• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM]-[11.0]-[KIEV]-LineageOS-18.1-[UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread
It copies partitions from the active slot to the inactive (excluding oem, system, boot, and vendor).

Let's say you restored your firmware to the latest stock, you're on slot A and slot B has yet to be populated. Then you flash Lineage. Now you boot slot B and your phone doesn't work, so you go to install "copypartitions". If you didn't know to first switch to slot A, it will copy B to A, effectively wiping those partitions.
I accidentally flashed LineageOS instead of stock (the roms were on the same SD card) via TWRP and didn't realize it until my phone rebooted to a black screen smh. I never flashed "copypartitions" because I was intending on flashing stock. Only sign of life I have from the phone is in device manager on my PC, where it shows up as "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM4)".

I tried using the Lenovo Rescue and Smart Assistant but it doesn't work as the tool needs access via fastboot and the phone is stuck in EDL mode. I've been trying variations of blank-flash to no success either. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT: Forgot to mention I did make a backup of EFS/Persist.

qboot logs:
Code:
Motorola qboot utility version 3.86
[ -0.000] Opening device: \\.\COM4
[  0.002] Detecting device
[  0.003] ...cpu.id  = 355 (0x163)
[  0.003] ...cpu.sn  = 185447161 (0xb0db2f9)
[  0.003] Opening singleimage
[  0.073] Loading package
[  0.076] ...filename = pkg.xml
[  0.077] Loading programmer
[  0.083] ...filename = programmer.elf
[  0.083] Sending programmer
[ 11.244] ERROR: sahara_download()->IO error
[ 11.244] Check qboot_log.txt for more details
[ 11.244] Total time: 11.245s
FAILED: qb_flash_singleimage()->sahara_download()->IO error
Code:
[  0.050] Detecting device
[ 34.549] ERROR: sahara_greet_device()->change_mode()->do_hello()->IO error
[ 34.549] Check qboot_log.txt for more details
[ 34.549] Total time: 34.550s
FAILED: qb_flash_singleimage()->sahara_greet_device()->change_mode()->do_hello()->IO error

Last edited:

fddm

Feb 24, 2011
I accidentally flashed LineageOS instead of stock (the roms were on the same SD card) via TWRP and didn't realize it until my phone rebooted to a black screen smh. I never flashed "copypartitions" because I was intending on flashing stock. Only sign of life I have from the phone is in device manager on my PC, where it shows up as "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM4)."
AFAIK, that shouldn't be possible. Only tool that makes it easy nuke the bootloader is fastboot.

I also haven't seen any reported successes using the blankflash for this phone. If the bootloader is updated for Android 11, an updated blankflash could follow. Might be your best bet.

Reactions: GCPDetective
AFAIK, that shouldn't be possible. Only tool that makes it easy nuke the bootloader is fastboot.

I also haven't seen any reported successes using the blankflash for this phone. If the bootloader is updated for Android 11, an updated blankflash could follow. Might be your best bet.
Exactly why I'm so confused as to how this could've happened, haven't bricked a device in years with the last time being in the Windows Phone 8 days lol.

EDIT: Is there a way to get the bootloader.img and gpt.bin files from the LineageOS firmware in the the OP's post?

EDIT2: Decided to just send it in for repair to Motorola as the device is only 3 months old. Hopefully it doesn't push my network unlock date further in the future if they decide to replace it with another device (as I bought it from Metro by T-Mobile).

Last edited:
Reactions: fddm

SyberHexen

I accidentally flashed LineageOS instead of stock (the roms were on the same SD card) via TWRP and didn't realize it until my phone rebooted to a black screen smh. I never flashed "copypartitions" because I was intending on flashing stock. Only sign of life I have from the phone is in device manager on my PC, where it shows up as "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM4)".

I tried using the Lenovo Rescue and Smart Assistant but it doesn't work as the tool needs access via fastboot and the phone is stuck in EDL mode. I've been trying variations of blank-flash to no success either. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT: Forgot to mention I did make a backup of EFS/Persist.

qboot logs:
Code:
[  0.002] Detecting device
[  0.003] ...cpu.id  = 355 (0x163)
[  0.003] ...cpu.sn  = 185447161 (0xb0db2f9)
[  0.003] Opening singleimage
[  0.073] Loading package
[  0.076] ...filename = pkg.xml
[  0.077] Loading programmer
[  0.083] ...filename = programmer.elf
[  0.083] Sending programmer
[ 11.244] ERROR: sahara_download()->IO error
[ 11.244] Check qboot_log.txt for more details
[ 11.244] Total time: 11.245s
FAILED: qb_flash_singleimage()->sahara_download()->IO error
Code:
[  0.050] Detecting device
[ 34.549] ERROR: sahara_greet_device()->change_mode()->do_hello()->IO error
[ 34.549] Check qboot_log.txt for more details
[ 34.549] Total time: 34.550s
FAILED: qb_flash_singleimage()->sahara_greet_device()->change_mode()->do_hello()->IO error
Exactly why I'm so confused as to how this could've happened, haven't bricked a device in years with the last time being in the Windows Phone 8 days lol.

EDIT: Is there a way to get the bootloader.img and gpt.bin files from the LineageOS firmware in the the OP's post?

EDIT2: Decided to just send it in for repair to Motorola as the device is only 3 months old. Hopefully it doesn't push my network unlock date further in the future if they decide to replace it with another device (as I bought it from Metro by T-Mobile).
Regarding copypartitions.zip this has been a thing in Motorola groups since oreo a/b with Motorola due to the slots not being completely setup in most cases.

Where did you find blankflash?
The one on Lolinet does not work =/

But I've put together a tested and working blankflash which is available on telegram group

Regarding copypartitions.zip this has been a thing in Motorola groups since oreo a/b with Motorola due to the slots not being completely setup in most cases.

Where did you find blankflash?
The one on Lolinet does not work =/

But I've put together a tested and working blankflash which is available on telegram group
Yeah I tried the one on Lolinet, then tried building one from the latest firmware release with star lol. It always seems to fail as soon as the programmer gets sent to the device.

I'm kinda new to Telegram and need a bit help finding the blankflash. Is it located in the files list under group info? Ty!

EDIT: I found one in the group labeled “Blankflash_XT2113_KIEV_RETUS_10_QZK30.Q4-40-79.zip” dated for August 12. Going to give that a try.

EDIT 2: Worked first try lmao. I’m at the bootloader right now about to flash stock. I’m going to give Lineage another try tonight. Ty!

EDIT 3: Decided to boot without flashing anything and surprisingly enough it did. Not to mention it still looks like it’s on stock firmware so I’m not sure what was going on. It’s working now so I’m not complaining lol.

Last edited:

SyberHexen

Yeah I tried the one on Lolinet, then tried building one from the latest firmware release with star lol. It always seems to fail as soon as the programmer gets sent to the device.

im kinda new to Telegram and need a bit help finding the blankflash. Is it located in the files list under group info? Ty!

EDIT: I found one in the group labeled “Blankflash_XT2113_KIEV_RETUS_10_QZK30.Q4-40-79.zip” dated for August 12. Going to give that a try.

EDIT 2: Worked first try lmao. I’m at the bootloader right now about to flash stock. I’m Going to give Lineage another try tonight. Ty!

EDIT 3: Decided to boot without flashing anything and surprisingly enough it did. Not to mention it still looks like it’s on stock firmware so I’m not sure what was going on. It’s working now so I’m not complaining lol.
Yes in group much is shared at

But I asked for the file to be uploaded for those not yet on that platform, glad that it worked for you!

Just wanted to confirm that attempting to flash LineageOS without flashing "copy partitions" first does indeed result in a brick for my device. Tried it two more times after I was able to recover the device. Everything goes smoothly if following the OP's instructions though. Should be a no brainer, but just posting as a warning for anyone else.

Again if you flash this without flashing "copy partitions" first you will most likely end up with a bricked device. Another thing to note is if you do accidentally go ahead and install LineageOS first via TWRP, you will not have the option to go back and install "copy partitions" to fix your mistake as your device will either crash or auto reboot. You will have to then recover with blank-flash and start again.

Last edited:

roiikka

Feb 7, 2016
The Galaxy
Thank you for confirm that aptx is good to go!
Is HD Audio working at least, yet?

On 9-19-2021 revision I couldn't get it to show in the BT "checklist" from long pressing on the BT icon .. In stock it has a "AAC Whitelist" in Dev Settings when unticked HD shows right up. I have those Sony C200 earbuds in white. HD audio is a must as I do music production and high bass i?on Viper4Android. On SBC there is waaay too much digital noise ..

I can do another logcat on stock here if you need one, switching on and off the whitelist possibly .. so you can see what it's doing and incorporate it into Kiev Lineage OS for this device. I have the XFinity one, by the way. United States.

davidbtc2009

Sep 19, 2017
mastodon.radio
Just wanted to confirm that attempting to flash LineageOS without flashing "copy partitions" first does indeed result in a brick for my device. Tried it two more times after I was able to recover the device. Everything goes smoothly if following the OP's instructions though. Should be a no brainer, but just posting as a warning for anyone else.

Again if you flash this without flashing "copy partitions" first you will most likely end up with a bricked device. Another thing to note is if you do accidentally go ahead and install LineageOS first via TWRP, you will not have the option to go back and install "copy partitions" to fix your mistake as your device will either crash or auto reboot. You will have to then recover with blank-flash and start again.
An interesting thing. I couldnt download the copypartitions thing so i skipped that step. I booted TWRP, flashed Lineage (it said it wrote A and B) rebooted, did the fastboot -w and rebooted to a fully working Lineage

peakage

Nov 23, 2017
Is anyone else having audio quality issues via headphone jack? The media audio is uncomfortably loud and staticy even on the lowest setting, and if you raise the volume, it gets so noisy and blown out that it sounds like a dirty cassette tape in a cheap deck. It's like it's being massively overly pre-amped. Is this a known issue?

SyberHexen

Is anyone else having audio quality issues via headphone jack? The media audio is uncomfortably loud and staticy even on the lowest setting, and if you raise the volume, it gets so noisy and blown out that it sounds like a dirty cassette tape in a cheap deck. It's like it's being massively overly pre-amped. Is this a known issue?
Not known issue but I can revert the gains for headphones as I increased volumes for many usecase.

Reactions: peakage

roiikka

Feb 7, 2016
The Galaxy
Na .. 👍

peakage

Nov 23, 2017
Not known issue but I can revert the gains for headphones as I increased volumes for many usecase.
Thanks for taking the time for the fast reply. I think that would be good, I've tested the media output with multiple apps, and used multiple headphones / external speakers. Otherwise, if that's something I can change in build prop, I can just do that, like if it's just my device having the issue for some reason.

roiikka

Feb 7, 2016
The Galaxy
Thanks for taking the time for the fast reply. I think that would be good, I've tested the media output with multiple apps, and used multiple headphones / external speakers. Otherwise, if that's something I can change in build prop, I can just do that, like if it's just my device having the issue for some reason.
It is changeable in build prop as a matter of fact. I've had issues not being able to get the right one because this type of Android version has a few. @SyberHexen ?

nasdaq0

Oct 10, 2009
Dear guys, did i over look it?
Whats working, whats not working?
Is Volte operational?
I figure 5G is not depending on ROM.
Thanks for the help

SyberHexen

It is changeable in build prop as a matter of fact. I've had issues not being able to get the right one because this type of Android version has a few. @SyberHexen ?
Changeable in vendor/etc/mixer_paths.xml

Reactions: peakage

peakage

Nov 23, 2017
Changeable in vendor/etc/mixer_paths.xml
I must be doing something wrong, because any attempt I make to change that file results in it being instantly blanked to 0 bytes, and trying to copy an edited version results in root explorer saying the copy failed. Is there another way I can do this? Sorry for being a bother.

I fixed the issue by formatting/wiping in TWRP and flashing the ROM again. That doesn't change the mystifying issue with Android not letting me write to to /vendor/etc, but it took care of my problem. Thanks for the pointers, and the ROM is great.

Last edited:
Reactions: roiikka

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Had to put it in a folder
    Just had a quick look. It spits out an error for SBC sink that seems to imply that the rom is not built with support. It's even possible Moto didn't pay license fees for it, so it couldn't be enabled, idk. Will need to give it a closer look.
    was hoping someone could help - when i flashed the ROM, all of the folders look encrypted and i do not have read or write access so i cannot continue with gapps or magisk
    You'll have to flash files via otg, external SD or adb sideload.
    Currently decryption is a no go for Android 11 roms as we've upgraded the encryption methods
    2okPze5.png

Motorola G 5G / Motorola One G 5G Ace
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */
    Introduction:
    This is the Unofficial Lineage OS 18.1 thread for the Motorola G 5G, codename kiev.​
    Join our Motorola G 5g / Motorola One 5G Ace Development Telegram Group!​

LINKS:
    Recovery: Unofficial TWRP
    Magisk: Magisk
    Factory Firmware: Stock Firmware Mirror
    "Copy Partitions Zip" - courtesy of @filipepferraz
    (To setup "Slot B")

How to Install:
    01. Download the ROM, Firmware and GApps from the links above.
    02. Use terminal to boot latest twrp.img "fastboot boot twrp.img"
    03. Create backup. i.e. EFS / Persist and put somewhere safe.
    ## YOU ONLY NEED THIS STEP ONCE.. When updating Firmwares ##
    04.At this point Flash "Copy Partitions Zip" In TWRP "SLOT A"
    05. Flash the ROM
    06. Choose Reboot -> Bootloader
    07. boot twrp again "fastboot boot twrp.img"
    08. Install GApps & Magisk.
    09. Reboot -> Bootloader
    10. fastboot -w
    11. Click Start and Enjoy.

NOTES:
    *Note-1: Slots, ROMS install to opposite (inactive) slot
    If you FLASHED ROM from "Slot A", then ROM is installed to "Slot B", If you Flashed ROM from "Slot B", then ROM is installed to "Slot A"
    *Note-2: Updating "Dirty Flash"
    01. Boot TWRP
    02. Flash ROM
    03. Reboot -> Bootloader
    04. Boot TWRP
    05. Install Gapps + Magisk
    06. Reboot -> System
    *Note-3: Updating "Dirty Flash"
    Lineage OS builds will not pass CTS/SafetyNet -- due to the AVB flag's "red" status. (Magisk works fine with SafetyNet patcher modules, though is not supported.)​

XDA:DevDB Information
    kiev-lineageos, ROM for the Motorole G 5G

Contributors

erfanoabdi, SyberHexen, Jleeblanch
    Source Code: https://github.com/SyberHexen

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.19
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2021-07-05
    Last Updated 2021-07-22
    Past Changelogs:

09/16/2021
    Device changelog:

- Fixed Incoming call audio bug
    - Updated Brightness overlays
    - Updated Kernel Device Trees
    - Misc Improvements
    09/09/2021
    Device changelog:

- Enforcing Selinux
    - Fixed Off-mode Charging
    - Switched to Racer Off-mode animation
    - Fixed Setting device model between Ace/5g variants
    - Fixed Media studder
    08/12/2021
    Device changelog:

- carrierconfig: update from kievv tag 'RRV31.Q2-36-14-8'
    - carrierconfig: update from CAF tag 'LA.UM.9.12.r1-10800-SMxx50.0'
    - update defconfig from kievv tag 'RRV31.Q2-36-14-8'
    - Show Turbo Charging instead of charging rapidly
    - enable support for freeform windows and picture-in-picture
    - upgrade bootctrl hal to 1.1
    - increase audio for speaker(s) and microphone
    - Exfat driver included to kernel for LOS recovery support
    07/22/2021
    Device changelog:

- Minor Fixes
    - Updated Brightness overlays

07/05/2021
    Device changelog:

- Minor Fixes
    - Switch to Pixel Power Hal

07/01/2021
    Device changelog:

- Initial Build

I made this tutorial to help in flashing.
    Changelogs:

09/19/2021
    Device changelog:

- Fixed Regression with DRM Apps