• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM]-[11.0]-[KIEV]-LineageOS-18.1-[UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

spydergt

Aug 11, 2009
houston
think i fuc*ed up guys please tell me if and or how i can fix this.

I unlocked the boot loaded and fastboot'ed the TWRP then i sideloaded the lineage OS to the device, it said it was going to parition A, rebooted and now screens just black / blank. no signs of life from the device but it is making the usb connections when i plug into my laptop CMD is not showing any adb devices or fastboot devices , not sure where to go from here any advice ?

spydergt

Aug 11, 2009
houston
I accidentally flashed LineageOS instead of stock (the roms were on the same SD card) via TWRP and didn't realize it until my phone rebooted to a black screen smh. I never flashed "copypartitions" because I was intending on flashing stock. Only sign of life I have from the phone is in device manager on my PC, where it shows up as "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM4)".

I tried using the Lenovo Rescue and Smart Assistant but it doesn't work as the tool needs access via fastboot and the phone is stuck in EDL mode. I've been trying variations of blank-flash to no success either. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT: Forgot to mention I did make a backup of EFS/Persist.

qboot logs:
Code:
Motorola qboot utility version 3.86
[ -0.000] Opening device: \\.\COM4
[  0.002] Detecting device
[  0.003] ...cpu.id  = 355 (0x163)
[  0.003] ...cpu.sn  = 185447161 (0xb0db2f9)
[  0.003] Opening singleimage
[  0.073] Loading package
[  0.076] ...filename = pkg.xml
[  0.077] Loading programmer
[  0.083] ...filename = programmer.elf
[  0.083] Sending programmer
[ 11.244] ERROR: sahara_download()->IO error
[ 11.244] Check qboot_log.txt for more details
[ 11.244] Total time: 11.245s
FAILED: qb_flash_singleimage()->sahara_download()->IO error
Code:
Motorola qboot utility version 3.86
[ -0.000] Opening device: \\.\COM4
[  0.050] Detecting device
[ 34.549] ERROR: sahara_greet_device()->change_mode()->do_hello()->IO error
[ 34.549] Check qboot_log.txt for more details
[ 34.549] Total time: 34.550s
FAILED: qb_flash_singleimage()->sahara_greet_device()->change_mode()->do_hello()->IO error
think im in a similar boat you get any further

spydergt

Aug 11, 2009
houston
Yup, I used the blank-flash listed in the Telegram group to recover from a bricked state.

Telegram Group
*edit* use the link below to telegram for the blank flash

*edit*

i dont know why or whats up but when i go to blank flash im ending up with

FAILED: qb_flash_singleimage()->sahara_download()->general error

any idea how to get past this issue? thanks

Last edited:
made progress, for future people in need, use the search in telegram and search blank flash look at the long list of comments scroll to the bottom and find the one that says tutorial in telegram window

*edit*

i dont know why or whats up but when i go to blank flash im ending up with

any idea how to get past this issue? thanks
Not sure if you still need it but this is the direct link from Telegram for the blank-flash:

EDIT: Try rebooting the phone by holding Power+Volume Up (l think) for about 12 seconds and try again.

spydergt

Aug 11, 2009
houston
TY probably im still stuck at
You Sir , ... weight off my very soul .. thank you so much im back into bootloader the link you sent had the correct files for my phone , im not sure what files / differences i found in the other files but the link and files there in worked like a bloody charm you are awesome thank you for keeping that data alive

Reactions: GCPDetective
Not sure if you still need it but this is the direct link from Telegram for the blank-flash:

You Sir , ... weight off my very soul .. thank you so much im back into bootloader the link you sent had the correct files for my phone , im not sure what files / differences i found in the other files but the link and files there in worked like a bloody charm you are awesome thank you for keeping that data alive
I can't take credit, all thanks go to @SyberHexen. Nonetheless glad you were able to recover your device!

spydergt

Aug 11, 2009
houston
weird stuff going on not sure what, I got it back up and tried again , got into TWRP and couldn't find the zips on my card so I rebooted it to recovery and it was just black screen all over again , I had to re do the process, its back up I'm done for the night ill root it and be good with what I can do with admin access

weird stuff going on not sure what, I got it back up and tried again , got into TWRP and couldn't find the zips on my card so I rebooted it to recovery and it was just black screen all over again , I had to re do the process, its back up I'm done for the night ill root it and be good with what I can do with admin access
You still have the issue even after flashing copypartitions from the OPs post?

EDIT: I'm working on about 5 different android devices right now so I tend to forget what I did on which device lol. I'm pretty sure I flashed a different vbmeta image on this device to get around the brick issue when I was flashing a GSI image not relevant to this thread. I don't remember the thread the vbmeta image was posted in, but I do remember it downloading straight from the android developer website. I can link it if you want to give it a try. I really need to start documenting stuff for future reference lmao.

EDIT 2: Thank god for browsing history! Found this dated all the way back to October 12. This is where I got the vbmeta image from: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ic-system-image-on-the-moto-g-stylus.4131199/

Last edited:

nasdaq0

Oct 10, 2009
UPDATE: THE ISSUES HAS MOSTLY DISAPPEARED. do no know why tough!
Thanks for this great rom. Working greatly.
Only little issue i encountered is bluetooth audio. Not working properly (often music is being played but not heard on the headset), maybe in conjunction with AudioFX. When i connect and disconnect with AudioFX it sometimes works again. Phonecalls seem to work relatively reliable.
Any idea what this might be?

Last edited:

SyberHexen

Thanks for this great rom. Working greatly.
Only little issue i encountered is bluetooth audio. Not working properly (often music is being played but not heard on the headset), maybe in conjunction with AudioFX. When i connect and disconnect with AudioFX it sometimes works again. Phonecalls seem to work relatively reliable.
Any idea what this might be?
Is your bt device aptx?
I stream Spotify nightly on this rom with no issues

aafaqali

Jun 2, 2021
Hi @SyberHexen I've been trying to compile for my device but having error on lineage-18.1 due to vendor files, I've Android 10 on my stock device, is there anything I am missing ?

and also It got compiled and I've run the compiled the Lineage successfully but GSM was not working also it gets power off if the device was disconnected from cable.

roiikka

Feb 7, 2016
The Galaxy
Has anyone gotten HD AAC bluetooth audio working yet in this ROM ? In stock it's too digital sounding with Viper4Android FX. I have a feeling that if someone can or has gotten it working it'll be alot smoother sounding (no digital noise, scratching, background "low quality mp3" sounding, and such ..).

Either that, or any pointers I can try to "up" the streaming quality permanently ? I'm trying the APTX-HD audio library in Magisk as I type this up but that's APTX. I'm trying to change the HD AAC codec in some way positive .. I tried doing the dev settings for bluetooth (streaming quality, bit rate, etc.) none of them stick on reboot ..

Going to try to find maybe a module or app somewhere that keeps them permanent, maybe ..

Any pointers or anybody know more than this yet ?

I know this is just "one thread" and someone OUT there may know .. hm .. .. I guess it's just a matter of finding them, it or finding the answer in general ..

Thanks in advance

roiikka

Feb 7, 2016
The Galaxy
APTX is nice(er) by the way, ya, I understand this. But nothing beats these Sony Wi-C200 earbuds in Walmart, even, pumping out this much bass (I'm a semi-pro music producer btw. As in sub-box in the trunk bass, through Viper4Android) for the price they are, money-wise. The things are 20$ for crying out loud ..
I just see finding the answer for HD AAC as a strength than a weakness. Especially since this ROM is so new and this solo dev here puts all this time and effort into porting it for who knows how ever many/little people ..

Reguardless, I'm thinking this device is nicer than the Moto G7 Power, my previous Motorola device. So hence, the reason for my question. It's just hard for me to believe that this hardware sending out this bluetooth signal itself .. Motorola didn't make any nicer .. Or at least be nicer hardware than a phone from years ago anyways ..

Personally? I am not trying to move back to my Galaxy S5 with a "seemingly" better codec hardware and having to use Android 6.0.1 SLIM ROM OS lol .. .. .. No RAM .. .. If I don't have to.

Like I said, I'm a music producer. Basically an audiophile. I do all my audio mastering myself. So I kind of would like to have this HD audio out of these earbuds instead of these 40 to 80$ plus APTX ones .. Idk .. .. ..

Just a bit of background/reason for my persistence instead of the typical "post & leave" type of thing so common these days .. **sigh**

roiikka

Feb 7, 2016
The Galaxy
Well .. I seem to have fixed it in Stock Android on this device apparently ..

I:
1. installed the APTX Magisk module from the default repos, reboot, not fixed
2. installed Audio Compatibility patch (again, default repos, Magisk), patched everything I could and did NOT "remove notification" policy helper or whatever it was called, during install with the volume up/down buttons, DID NOT REBOOT ..
3. BEFORE REBOOTING install that Audio Modification Library in Magisk, the same
4. REBOOT
5. FIXED

It's not super super high quality now but it's at least better. And if I "up" the treble a bit extra it covers the rest of the "low quality mp3" noise.

Again, this is in stock, so .. if this helps any in Lineage OS Unofficial Kiev here, then that's great news, then.

fddm

Feb 24, 2011
@roiikka sorry, what model of earphone are you using? Your saying this is reproducable on stock, but works properly on other phones? Your mentioning AAC a lot, something that's inherently lossy. Viper4android is too. Idk, kinda lost. Maybe post a new logcat, preferably on lineage, so we can see what's happening?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Had to put it in a folder
    Just had a quick look. It spits out an error for SBC sink that seems to imply that the rom is not built with support. It's even possible Moto didn't pay license fees for it, so it couldn't be enabled, idk. Will need to give it a closer look.
    was hoping someone could help - when i flashed the ROM, all of the folders look encrypted and i do not have read or write access so i cannot continue with gapps or magisk
    You'll have to flash files via otg, external SD or adb sideload.
    Currently decryption is a no go for Android 11 roms as we've upgraded the encryption methods
    2okPze5.png

Motorola G 5G / Motorola One G 5G Ace
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */
    Introduction:
    This is the Unofficial Lineage OS 18.1 thread for the Motorola G 5G, codename kiev.​
    Join our Motorola G 5g / Motorola One 5G Ace Development Telegram Group!​

LINKS:
    Recovery: Unofficial TWRP
    Magisk: Magisk
    Factory Firmware: Stock Firmware Mirror
    "Copy Partitions Zip" - courtesy of @filipepferraz
    (To setup "Slot B")

How to Install:
    01. Download the ROM, Firmware and GApps from the links above.
    02. Use terminal to boot latest twrp.img "fastboot boot twrp.img"
    03. Create backup. i.e. EFS / Persist and put somewhere safe.
    ## YOU ONLY NEED THIS STEP ONCE.. When updating Firmwares ##
    04.At this point Flash "Copy Partitions Zip" In TWRP "SLOT A"
    05. Flash the ROM
    06. Choose Reboot -> Bootloader
    07. boot twrp again "fastboot boot twrp.img"
    08. Install GApps & Magisk.
    09. Reboot -> Bootloader
    10. fastboot -w
    11. Click Start and Enjoy.

NOTES:
    *Note-1: Slots, ROMS install to opposite (inactive) slot
    If you FLASHED ROM from "Slot A", then ROM is installed to "Slot B", If you Flashed ROM from "Slot B", then ROM is installed to "Slot A"
    *Note-2: Updating "Dirty Flash"
    01. Boot TWRP
    02. Flash ROM
    03. Reboot -> Bootloader
    04. Boot TWRP
    05. Install Gapps + Magisk
    06. Reboot -> System
    *Note-3: Updating "Dirty Flash"
    Lineage OS builds will not pass CTS/SafetyNet -- due to the AVB flag's "red" status. (Magisk works fine with SafetyNet patcher modules, though is not supported.)​

XDA:DevDB Information
    kiev-lineageos, ROM for the Motorole G 5G

Contributors

erfanoabdi, SyberHexen, Jleeblanch
    Source Code: https://github.com/SyberHexen

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.19
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2021-07-05
    Last Updated 2021-07-22
    I made this tutorial to help in flashing.
    Past Changelogs:

09/16/2021
    Device changelog:

- Fixed Incoming call audio bug
    - Updated Brightness overlays
    - Updated Kernel Device Trees
    - Misc Improvements
    09/09/2021
    Device changelog:

- Enforcing Selinux
    - Fixed Off-mode Charging
    - Switched to Racer Off-mode animation