[ROM]-[11.0]-[KIEV]-LineageOS-18.1-[UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

roiikka

Feb 7, 2016
The Galaxy
@roiikka sorry, what model of earphone are you using? Your saying this is reproducable on stock, but works properly on other phones? Your mentioning AAC a lot, something that's inherently lossy. Viper4android is too. Idk, kinda lost. Maybe post a new logcat, preferably on lineage, so we can see what's happening?
Oh! Was saying that it's lossy on Stock, non-existant on this ROM, Kiev Lineage Unofficial and was giving as much background/reasons as I could in hopes it would be implemented, possibly. My fault.

I use the Sony Wi-C200 earbuds. They have amazing bass response on my S5, lossy-ish on Stock Kiev and it stays no HD, only APTX apparently here on these custom ROMs of the 5G Ace, Moto One. I get the infamous "greyed out HD" switch in dev settings. In Stock for the 5G Ace it has "disable AAC whitelist", you untick it, it says reboot, you do so and bam! HD AAC audio over bluetooth. No SBC needed. And APTX works. You guys want a logcat of that switch? I'd be more than happy to do so just say so and I'll get back on stock real quick. I'm on @SyberHexen s nice port of Havoc OS testi.g right now and same thing as his Lineage OS port but sticking with wired earbuds and seeing what you guys can do with this bluetooth thing.

Been seeing this thing about Sony needing to use LDAP or whatever it's called now, all this "contracts" smorgisporg. But it works on stock OS, like I said. It says "HD AAC", ya.

You guys want a log of that Disable AAC Whitelist switch ? **Standing by** ..

roiikka

Feb 7, 2016
The Galaxy
It's right here in the specs:
SBC with AAC fallback. No way to know what's actually happening without a logcat or hardware to test though.
Ok let me get one of this Whitelist switch for you guys. I really think that that's where it's at on this model of the device. One sec.
Also, while I'm doing this: How do I properly restore a nandroid backup on this thing? A-B slot-wise and such. Backing up via the recommended TWRP here, booted from the command prompt in Windows. Just so I don't have to re-do everything to get back in to Havoc OS again for the time being. Thanks in advance ✌

roiikka

Feb 7, 2016
The Galaxy
It's right here in the specs:
SBC with AAC fallback. No way to know what's actually happening without a logcat or hardware to test though.
Actually never mind about the backup restore. It freezes TWRP, I forgot. I think it's the encryption thing. Got to figure that out later, maybe.

Getting stock back now via Lenovo Rescue and Smart Assistant. Give me like 30 minutes to a hour or so

roiikka

Feb 7, 2016
The Galaxy
Ok, here I attached the logcat.
This is me turning on the screen, turning "off" the switch and toggling bluetooth, repeating the process again and then just toggling the switch itself off then on again
And a screenshot of the switch
In Android 10 Stock

EDIT: Trying to send the logcat by attachment. How do I put it up? I tried in a code box but it said it's too long even shortened ..

EDIT 2: See next post

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211109-005657.png
    Screenshot_20211109-005657.png
    234.4 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

roiikka

Feb 7, 2016
The Galaxy
I can test it out when you guy(s) are done if you decide to take me up on it and integrate it into the ROM

Goodmorning

fddm

Feb 24, 2011
Just had a quick look. It spits out an error for SBC sink that seems to imply that the rom is not built with support. It's even possible Moto didn't pay license fees for it, so it couldn't be enabled, idk. Will need to give it a closer look.

Reactions: roiikka

roiikka

Feb 7, 2016
The Galaxy
Just had a quick look. It spits out an error for SBC sink that seems to imply that the rom is not built with support. It's even possible Moto didn't pay license fees for it, so it couldn't be enabled, idk. Will need to give it a closer look.
That makes perfect sense. Standing by then, while reverting to wired or APTX, then.

No rush, even. Just wanted to get all that out there best I could. Especially if it's something contract related. Completely understandable. Supply & demand (factory-wise AND dev-wise, mind you)

Thanks again! Take care, guys 👋👋

joshtb86

Apr 17, 2011
was hoping someone could help - when i flashed the ROM, all of the folders look encrypted and i do not have read or write access so i cannot continue with gapps or magisk

SyberHexen

was hoping someone could help - when i flashed the ROM, all of the folders look encrypted and i do not have read or write access so i cannot continue with gapps or magisk
You'll have to flash files via otg, external SD or adb sideload.
Currently decryption is a no go for Android 11 roms as we've upgraded the encryption methods

Reactions: joshtb86

GigaPVP

Oct 7, 2020
Moto G 5G
I have the moto one 5G ace with xfinity mobile, I installed lineage but it wont connect to service

So basically, here is what happens:

• When on stock android 11, everything works properly
  • When lineage are flashed, cellular does not work
  • When the phone is first booted up in lineage, cellular connects for 5 seconds (3-5 bars) which is what is supposed to happen in my area, but after 5 seconds, it drops the connection (the cellular icon shows an X next to it)
  • For the rest of setup, cellular issues prevail, and I am forced to use Wi-Fi. Choosing to use mobile data just causes it to loop.
  • After setup, when going into settings and changing my cellular connection to LTE/UMTS, I get connected to xfinity mobile. I am able to use data, however, calling and Wi-Fi do not work, no 5G, and much lower signal then what I usually get, and it detects as verizon. Changing the APN does not help

So to recap:

• For the first 3-5 seconds of setup, there appears to be a working connection, but it drops
  • The ims works as its supposed to (I think) until I change the preferred network setting
  • Changing the preferred network setting does yield some success, but no 5G and no calling/texting
  • Xfinity mobile runs on verizon, and the sim originally detects itself as a verizon sim, which could be the cause of this problem
So does anyone have a solution for my issue?

rppgaty

Nov 28, 2012
Hi.

When I try to playback some files, I get no audio (in Pulsar and Eleven / Music), though mpv is unaffected when testing with the same files. Other files are entirely unaffected.

Attachments

• moto_audio_crash.zip
    73.7 KB · Views: 2
Mar 23, 2014
Sorry, I haven't done this in years; so, please forgive any lack on my part. I flashed TWRP and then Lineage. It wouldn't let me flash Open Gapps saying it was the wrong version. I proceeded anyway assuming I could go back and flash the correct version later. I tried, but Lineage had written its own recovery. I flashed TWRP again as I didn't know how to flash using the Lineage recovery. Now, when I put files on the device, they don't show up in TWRP. I'm not sure where to go from here. Thanks in advance.

roiikka

Feb 7, 2016
The Galaxy
I have the moto one 5G ace with xfinity mobile, I installed lineage but it wont connect to service

So basically, here is what happens:

• When on stock android 11, everything works properly
  • When lineage are flashed, cellular does not work
  • When the phone is first booted up in lineage, cellular connects for 5 seconds (3-5 bars) which is what is supposed to happen in my area, but after 5 seconds, it drops the connection (the cellular icon shows an X next to it)
  • For the rest of setup, cellular issues prevail, and I am forced to use Wi-Fi. Choosing to use mobile data just causes it to loop.
  • After setup, when going into settings and changing my cellular connection to LTE/UMTS, I get connected to xfinity mobile. I am able to use data, however, calling and Wi-Fi do not work, no 5G, and much lower signal then what I usually get, and it detects as verizon. Changing the APN does not help

So to recap:

• For the first 3-5 seconds of setup, there appears to be a working connection, but it drops
  • The ims works as its supposed to (I think) until I change the preferred network setting
  • Changing the preferred network setting does yield some success, but no 5G and no calling/texting
  • Xfinity mobile runs on verizon, and the sim originally detects itself as a verizon sim, which could be the cause of this problem
So does anyone have a solution for my issue?

Not yet, no.
I have the XFinity one too and it's locked to my buddy's account so I have no way of testing it yet til I pay it off for him. I traded it for stuff with him. Everything works fine on my end over here but until I get it unlocked I can't test it on my TMobile or anything. I just use WiFi calling/texting app ..

roiikka

Feb 7, 2016
The Galaxy
Sorry, I haven't done this in years; so, please forgive any lack on my part. I flashed TWRP and then Lineage. It wouldn't let me flash Open Gapps saying it was the wrong version. I proceeded anyway assuming I could go back and flash the correct version later. I tried, but Lineage had written its own recovery. I flashed TWRP again as I didn't know how to flash using the Lineage recovery. Now, when I put files on the device, they don't show up in TWRP. I'm not sure where to go from here. Thanks in advance.
I just don't flash TWRP. I boot it from the PC every time "fastboot boot 'twrp.img'" . Literally when you flash it it flashes to the other partition (partition "B". It starts on "A" by default) so you do it like this;

1. from STOCK, boot into TWRP from unlocked bootloader, flash CopyPartitions.zip & flash LineageOS Unofficial
2. reboot bootloader and boot TWRP from bootloader again
3. flash GApps then Magisk
4. reboot to bootloader again and do "fastboot -w" then tap the "Start" (power button) and it should boot
5. easy

If you mess up you usually have to use the Lenovo Rescue & Smart Assistant from the site to start all over again.
It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it.
I'm coming from my Galaxy S5 so it confused me a bit about the A/B partition thing. You basically have to flash Lineage from TWRP booted onto the "A" partition, then when it reboots to TWRP again it goes to the "B" partition automatically after flashing then you flash everything else from there and then "Start" (power button on bootloader screen) after you wipe data with the "fastboot -w" command.

In TWRP in "Reboot" is A/B slot switching by the way.
Every time I switch slots I reboot/boot TWRP all the way back to TWRP just in case, to be sure.

Hope this helps!

Mar 23, 2014
I just don't flash TWRP. I boot it from the PC every time "fastboot boot 'twrp.img'" . Literally when you flash it it flashes to the other partition (partition "B". It starts on "A" by default) so you do it like this;

1. from STOCK, boot into TWRP from unlocked bootloader, flash CopyPartitions.zip & flash LineageOS Unofficial
4. reboot to bootloader again and do "fastboot -w" then tap the "Start" (power button) and it should boot
5. easy

If you mess up you usually have to use the Lenovo Rescue & Smart Assistant from the site to start all over again.
I'm coming from my Galaxy S5 so it confused me a bit about the A/B partition thing. You basically have to flash Lineage from TWRP booted onto the "A" partition, then when it reboots to TWRP again it goes to the "B" partition automatically after flashing then you flash everything else from there and then "Start" (power button on bootloader screen) after you wipe data with the "fastboot -w" command.

Every time I switch slots I reboot/boot TWRP all the way back to TWRP just in case, to be sure.

Hope this helps!
When I reboot into the bootloader after step 1, I get a bunch of empty folders with scrambled numbers and letters in the sdcard directory.

Mar 23, 2014

5. easy

Hope this helps!
Is Lineage flashed into slot A and Gapps and Magisk into slot B?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My Review After 1 Day:

Running Android 11 - Lineage OS 18.1 Unofficial Nightly

Just wanted to give you all my opinion. This is a very stable rom so far.. I just bought this phone today and had the bootloader unlocked, TWRP installed, this ROM with Gapps, and Magisk (both zip and apk).. all in about 2 hours. I have been ROMing for 10 years now and this was not that bad for someone with experience. I really didnt run into a problem. I have the stock firmware unbrick tool if I needed it. I did have to reflash my twrp after the initial rom install.. lineage has its own recovery which overwrites the twrp I wanted.. I just had to fastboot flash recovery to put the correct one on. Whats with this Slot A/B thing .. thats a strange concept that I need to select a Slot.. thats a new one. also the bootloader unlock code.. i have never had to enter an unlock code before for a bootloader but was easy to submit the request and my email came in 2 minutes.. this is a great rom with many more features than the stock firmware. I was able to switch the back and recents buttons to the older way with the back button on the right. I am testing GCam for a faster camera.. lineage stock camera has a little lag (after you press the button it takes a half second for the click sound and image preview to show). GCam is a little faster so far but I need to stress-test for stability.

enjoy this rom.. its got my approval.

EDIT: I attached my GCam config file. Everything is working.. all functions have been tested and no freezes or issues with instability. I will report back with issues.

= GCam likes Google Photos app to load the images from within GCam.

= I just snapped 50 pics one right after the other, non-stop, very fast beat.... there was lag but it was totally expected.. it did not freeze up and eventually caught up fine and would continue for a couple pics then lag again.. I would expect all this to happen and its stability was very good.

Battery Drain is 2% over 5 hours sitting on my desk with screen off on standby. Battery Drain is a little more than I like while using apps. This needs some battery management but its not that bad.
    2okPze5.png

Motorola G 5G / Motorola One G 5G Ace
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */
    Introduction:
    This is the Unofficial Lineage OS 18.1 thread for the Motorola G 5G, codename kiev.​
    Join our Motorola G 5g / Motorola One 5G Ace Development Telegram Group!​

LINKS:
    Recovery: Unofficial TWRP
    Magisk: Magisk
    Factory Firmware: Stock Firmware Mirror
    "Copy Partitions Zip" - courtesy of @filipepferraz
    (To setup "Slot B")

How to Install:
    01. Download the ROM, Firmware and GApps from the links above.
    02. Use terminal to boot latest twrp.img "fastboot boot twrp.img"
    03. Create backup. i.e. EFS / Persist and put somewhere safe.
    ## YOU ONLY NEED THIS STEP ONCE.. When updating Firmwares ##
    04.At this point Flash "Copy Partitions Zip" In TWRP "SLOT A"
    05. Flash the ROM
    06. Choose Reboot -> Bootloader
    07. boot twrp again "fastboot boot twrp.img"
    08. Install GApps & Magisk.
    09. Reboot -> Bootloader
    10. fastboot -w
    11. Click Start and Enjoy.

NOTES:
    *Note-1: Slots, ROMS install to opposite (inactive) slot
    If you FLASHED ROM from "Slot A", then ROM is installed to "Slot B", If you Flashed ROM from "Slot B", then ROM is installed to "Slot A"
    *Note-2: Updating "Dirty Flash"
    01. Boot TWRP
    02. Flash ROM
    03. Reboot -> Bootloader
    04. Boot TWRP
    05. Install Gapps + Magisk
    06. Reboot -> System
    *Note-3: Updating "Dirty Flash"
    Lineage OS builds will not pass CTS/SafetyNet -- due to the AVB flag's "red" status. (Magisk works fine with SafetyNet patcher modules, though is not supported.)​

XDA:DevDB Information
    kiev-lineageos, ROM for the Motorole G 5G

Contributors

erfanoabdi, SyberHexen, Jleeblanch
    Source Code: https://github.com/SyberHexen

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.19
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2021-07-05
    Last Updated 2021-07-22
    I made this tutorial to help in flashing.
    Changelogs:

09/19/2021
    Device changelog:

- Fixed Regression with DRM Apps
    Past Changelogs:

09/16/2021
    Device changelog:

- Fixed Incoming call audio bug
    - Updated Brightness overlays
    - Updated Kernel Device Trees
    - Misc Improvements
    09/09/2021
    Device changelog:

- Enforcing Selinux
    - Fixed Off-mode Charging
    - Switched to Racer Off-mode animation
    - Fixed Setting device model between Ace/5g variants
    - Fixed Media studder
    08/12/2021
    Device changelog:

- carrierconfig: update from kievv tag 'RRV31.Q2-36-14-8'
    - carrierconfig: update from CAF tag 'LA.UM.9.12.r1-10800-SMxx50.0'
    - update defconfig from kievv tag 'RRV31.Q2-36-14-8'
    - Show Turbo Charging instead of charging rapidly
    - enable support for freeform windows and picture-in-picture
    - upgrade bootctrl hal to 1.1
    - increase audio for speaker(s) and microphone
    - Exfat driver included to kernel for LOS recovery support
    07/22/2021
    Device changelog:

- Minor Fixes
    - Updated Brightness overlays

07/05/2021
    Device changelog:

- Minor Fixes
    - Switch to Pixel Power Hal

07/01/2021
    Device changelog:

- Initial Build

My Review After 1 Day:

Running Android 11 - Lineage OS 18.1 Unofficial Nightly

Just wanted to give you all my opinion. This is a very stable rom so far.. I just bought this phone today and had the bootloader unlocked, TWRP installed, this ROM with Gapps, and Magisk (both zip and apk).. all in about 2 hours. I have been ROMing for 10 years now and this was not that bad for someone with experience. I really didnt run into a problem. I have the stock firmware unbrick tool if I needed it. I did have to reflash my twrp after the initial rom install.. lineage has its own recovery which overwrites the twrp I wanted.. I just had to fastboot flash recovery to put the correct one on. Whats with this Slot A/B thing .. thats a strange concept that I need to select a Slot.. thats a new one. also the bootloader unlock code.. i have never had to enter an unlock code before for a bootloader but was easy to submit the request and my email came in 2 minutes.. this is a great rom with many more features than the stock firmware. I was able to switch the back and recents buttons to the older way with the back button on the right. I am testing GCam for a faster camera.. lineage stock camera has a little lag (after you press the button it takes a half second for the click sound and image preview to show). GCam is a little faster so far but I need to stress-test for stability.

enjoy this rom.. its got my approval.

EDIT: I attached my GCam config file. Everything is working.. all functions have been tested and no freezes or issues with instability. I will report back with issues.

= GCam likes Google Photos app to load the images from within GCam.

= I just snapped 50 pics one right after the other, non-stop, very fast beat.... there was lag but it was totally expected.. it did not freeze up and eventually caught up fine and would continue for a couple pics then lag again.. I would expect all this to happen and its stability was very good.

Battery Drain is 2% over 5 hours sitting on my desk with screen off on standby. Battery Drain is a little more than I like while using apps. This needs some battery management but its not that bad.