[ROM] [11.0] LineageOS 18.0 UNOFFICIAL Builds (pme)

Search This thread

NSH021

Mar 19, 2020
Hubballi
LG V20
FYI

I just fixed the kernel for clang compiler. One more kernel oops showed up on boot which is cleaned up and bamm. Its booted here now. Bye bye gcc ;)

If you want testing:

Magisk needed reflash after this if you use.

@fagyi
Upon flashing wil loose network (but wifi will work)

Reactions: fagyi

heyChristo

May 4, 2016
Christiansburg
www.linkedin.com
Dirty flashed new rom and kernel. reboot loop. Factory reset worked but no data or signal and "Mobile Network" is greyed out with no options. Trying format/wipe now, with clean install. Will update this post with results.

Update 1: Clean flash, same thing. No network options. Greyed out. Not sure if this kernel missing sprint blobs. Sais "No active SIM" and does not allow me to enable data.

Update 2: I know its not a bug report, but going back to the 18.1-20210220-unofficial.pme version works with sprint again. something broke sprint service in new rom.
Kernel version: 3.18.140Iceman-CAF-LAF.UM.7.5.r1-04800-8x96 0

Update 3: (Noob friendly instructions) Install NikGapps from sourceforge. Flash via twrp. It will give you errors during phone setup related to permissions. If you enter your google account info, you have to clean cache and data on the play store, go back to twrp, and wipe data. Then reboot and log back into google during phone setup. (This is posted elsewhere in the forum, but just thought i would re-iterate, because if your like me, i read the first page and the last page before actually doing any searching.) I am not sure if you could just install nik gapps, then wipe data, boot and then login to your google account since i haven't tried that method yet.

Last edited:

fagyi

Jan 22, 2012
BUDAPEST
New test kernel its up!

Backported google wahoo`s radio driver and replaced the pme driver with that. With my sim working good now, mobile data also on clang compiled kernel.

The best things, that proton clang working good with our device so this kernel compiled with that.

Changelogs:

ondrasouk

Apr 15, 2016
HTC One (m7)
Google Nexus 5
New test kernel its up!

Backported google wahoo`s radio driver and replaced the pme driver with that. With my sim working good now, mobile data also on clang compiled kernel.

The best things, that proton clang working good with our device so this kernel compiled with that.

Changelogs:
Thank you for your work.
I have flashed the new kernel and the UI feels smoother and it starts noticeably faster. Phone calls and Mobile data seems to work fine, no VoLTE (when calling it swithes to HSPA+) like other custom ROMs.
I will watch the idle battery drain and compare it to GCC build (saw some work in your repo around PM).
EDIT: First night with turned off wifi and battery drain 1% per hour (for me 1.5x better). I will try tommorow with Universal GMS Doze, Sensors OFF (developer setting QS tile) or something.
With wifi on the battery drain is maybe higher (~7% per hour), but wifi more easily connects to 5GHz. With mobile data drain seems a bit lower. Sometimes I have problems with quickcharge (after clean flashing from build from raul16 to build 20210228), but never have chance to measure anything or making dmesg/logcat (happened only three times).

Last edited:

CAMERON1988

Sep 30, 2017
HTC 10
Everything is OK apart from the fact that I can't use power saving mode, I usually get 'performance profile not available' when trying to enable power saving mode and the option is greyed out sometimes.

Reactions: ondrasouk

CAMERON1988

Sep 30, 2017
HTC 10
Everything seem OK accept the fact that I can't use power saving mode, I usually get 'performance profile not available' when trying to enable power saving mode and the option is greyed out sometimes.

Reactions: steele_lee
Jul 11, 2017
I am using Taiwan Firmware,
in this firmware am getting very nice SOT
Clean flash this rom
I have applied performace and getting upto 3.5 hrs minimum and 4hrs max
i have flashed this one
Where did you find 5.1? Do you mind posting the git link. I can only find 5.0 and 5.0 fixed in their google drive

kiwidudeNZ

Nov 7, 2018
Auckland
Hi any idea when we will get the HD audio features in the developer mode. the HD audio for music was one of the great things about this phone and seems to be missing from this ROM version.

Thanks for a great job so far

ondrasouk

Apr 15, 2016
HTC One (m7)
Google Nexus 5
I have encountered strange thing...when the ROM boots from recovery (restart to recovery and in recovery restart to system) the idle battery drain is lower (with wifi off) than on normal reboot. Tonight i have 0% per 9 hours even with flight mode off. I am not sure if it really works or my battery is simply dying (two days of testing now...so i have not enough data to work with), so someone please test it if it is same for you.
LOS 20210228 with Clang kernel build, Magisk and Universal GMS Doze.
EDIT: battery percentage is weird...it says after hour on charger 63% and battery is full (charging rate is 50mA, voltage 4394mV, after disconnect is 700mA discharge rate and voltage is 4334mV (i have original battery)). I will try deleting battery stats because its now (for me) super inaccurate.

Last edited:

fagyi

Jan 22, 2012
BUDAPEST
I have encountered strange thing...when the ROM boots from recovery (restart to recovery and in recovery restart to system) the idle battery drain is lower (with wifi off) than on normal reboot. Tonight i have 0% per 9 hours even with flight mode off. I am not sure if it really works or my battery is simply dying (two days of testing now...so i have not enough data to work with), so someone please test it if it is same for you.
EDIT: battery percentage is weird...it says after hour on charger 63% and battery is full (charging rate is 50mA, voltage 4394mV, after disconnect is 700mA discharge rate and voltage is 4334mV (i have original battery)). I will try deleting battery stats because its now (for me) super inaccurate.
Working on it with battery at the moment.

I just backporting marlin health hal with neccessary kernel patches for pme. Seems to not working properly long time ago. Hopefully help a lot for that.

Also marc sec updates coming soon with builtin clang kernel and some fixes, today or tomorrow.

Jul 11, 2017

I just backporting marlin health hal with neccessary kernel patches for pme. Seems to not working properly long time ago. Hopefully help a lot for that.

Also marc sec updates coming soon with builtin clang kernel and some fixes, today or tomorrow.
Sorry if this is already known. I flashed your beta kernel but charging seems te go very slow. The communication between battery and soc is buggy. When I charge it let's say an hour the battery level only goes op a couple of percent. I then do a reboot and suddenly the battery level is way up. No problems when charging when the device is shut down. Other than that no problems

Jul 11, 2017
New test kernel its up!

Changelogs:
I tried it but i have the battery issues as mentioned above. Noob question, do i just reflash the rom build to go back to the earlier kernel? I've never tinkered with kernel flashing before

NSH021

Mar 19, 2020
Hubballi
LG V20

link for the latest update 18/3/21

Reactions: lpedia

lpedia

Sep 18, 2020
link for the latest update 18/3/21
Unfortunately, there seems to be something wrong with this zipfile. Windows Explorer won't open it at all, saying it's an invalid compressed folder. 7-Zip does open it and can see the contents, but reports "Unexpected end of data", and on extracting the contents it says "CRC failed: system.new.dat.br". TWRP says the zipfile is corrupt.

Has anyone else had trouble with this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2F_qciZ_MtPTGjDb-adIt4fAUOirk%3D%2Fhttps%253A%252F%252Fimg.xda-cdn.com%252Fy-LtXHGCDBH0KxFw9MxWAPF3guk%253D%252Fhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fi.imgur.com%25252F2okPze5.png

LineageOS 18.0 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void. 
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

Take a backup first from your actual system!
    1. Before instaling, make sure you are running the latest Oreo firmware from the latest HTC Sense.
    2. If you are encrypted but running an AOSP ROM then you're fine. If you come from Sense, take a full backup of all your data, boot into TWRP and format data (the option which requires you to type "yes") and clean flash accordingly. This is due to encryption changes. Do not skip this step or you will be locked out of your system by a password prompt.
    3. If you are coming from any other ROM wiping /system & /data is strongly recommended
    4. Download the latest build and GApps (both links are below).
    5. Reboot to TWRP.
    6. Flash the latest build and magisk ( optional ) after make one reboot.
    7. When system is booted, reboot to TWRP and flash gapps
    8. Reboot and enjoy (as much as currently possible)

Downloads:

ROM: lineage-18.0-20201115-UNOFFICIAL-pme.zip
    GAPPS: NikGApps

Known Issues:
    1. IMS - VOLTE
    2. SlowMo
    3. SeLinux permissive ( will be fixed when the bugs are fixed )

Reporting bugs:

Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred (please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing).
    If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg (do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot, a logcat after a reboot is useless).

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved.

Credits:
    1. LineageOS Team & Contributors
    2. Code Aurora Forum

Special thank you who send me donations: ( both AOSiP & LOS )
    - @The Fer-Shiz-Nizzle
    - @fantamadnesss
    - @_Sherrif
    - @Roocher
    - @scutworker
    - @synaesthesics
    - @MrN1484
    - @Galdrapiu
    - @Chucktr
    - @guest
    - @kdrkdr
    - @heyChristo

Source code:

LineageOS Gerrit Review
    Kernel source
    Device source
    Vendor source

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] [11.0] LineageOS 18.0 UNOFFICIAL Builds (pme), ROM for the HTC 10

Contributors
    fagyi
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Firmware Required: OREO
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2020-11-15
    Last Updated 2020-11-15
    New build its uploaded:

Clean flash needed for this ( dirty not tested )

Bumped to lineage 18.1

- https://github.com/Fagyi/android_device_htc_pme/commits/lineage-18.1

- https://github.com/Fagyi/proprietary_vendor_htc/commits/lineage-18.1
    New test kernel its up!

Changelogs:
    Hi all,

New build its uploaded.

Mostly:

Decvice side:
    Perf blobs updated to op3

Kernel side:
    Fixed all warnings/errors on the source/boot/system run. Next step boot with clang. The kernel compile fine with clang without any warnings/errors because i just fixed it, but still not booting. Something with kernel config.

The battery also cleaned up, but i think needed more work on that, but better now in my case.

With gcc working fine, which the latest build uses.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone