[ROM][11.0] LineageOS 18.1 (ocn) [UNOFFICIAL] (upd 2021-03-07)

Golv

Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2012
After installing rom, my android/obb folder is hidden, causing errors in some applications
Android 11 does not allow third-party applications to access some system folders, such as /data/ and /obb/. When trying to interact with these folders, the system gives out an error. This is done to improve the security of the system and its protection from possible attacks by intruders.
But you may consider to use ADB to push an extracted .OBB file's folder to phone.
Or

bamn

Jul 23, 2010
Installed latest version, flashed Nikgapps (full) but GPS /geolocation is not working at all. Four scenarios:

1) Inside test app --> (faster GPS app, GPS test, clear agps etc) GPS fix is slow but it does happen

2) inside google maps / google darth / google whatever --> not working at all. No blue dot whatsoever, as if location is totally missing!

3) inside waze: it is working!

4) inside one of those test apps, using an embedded version of google maps via its browser... It does work!

Yes, it did work in stock rom.
Any hints? Thanks a lot!
What you could try is install "app ops" (from play store) and the required add-ons.
Then make sure to grand all possible location permissions to Google Play Services.

Last edited:

energia

Sep 21, 2010
What you could try is install "app ops" (from play store) and the required add-ons.
Then make sure to grand all possible location permissions to Google Play Services.
I think I love you. ❤
It worked! Thank you so much!

What I did was changing Play services' permission from "Allow while running the app" to "Always allow". The funny thing is I already investigated that before, but found no way within the ROM to change it to any other settings than "allow while running the app".

Thank you so much! Now I have to find out why my banking app is behaving so weirdly, that is probably due to some other permission.

Do you know any app that logs denied permissions? App ops does show denied ones, but only while showing a single app. I would like to see ALL denied accesses, to debug in an easier way.

Reactions: bamn

energia

Sep 21, 2010
What are the problems with your banking app?
Weird error code, doesn't let me log in. The only other person reporting the same error on the Internet is someone who is using a Huawei, with no official Play Services support. So i thought that was the reason, saw that Google maps/position provider gave me errors as well.

My bank is "investigating"... 🤦‍♂️ I guess it might be an error on their side, as well.
I am writing the error code here, although it's in Italian, for other people to find it through Google: "Bancoposta Poste italiane - Transazione non andata a buon fine, codice errore BB1".

energia

Sep 21, 2010
I also noticed that the camera does work but if I turn HDR on...it crashes. And it often uses flash to focus, even though I disabled it. Any chance you know why @Golv ?

bamn

Jul 23, 2010
I also noticed that the camera does work but if I turn HDR on...it crashes. And it often uses flash to focus, even though I disabled it. Any chance you know why @Golv ?
In app ops I think the apps where it says they are modified are the ones to look into first.
I would definitely make sure to grand play services all possible permissions to rule this out.
I think on stock software it always has all permissions as it's the base of many systems.

Somehow with the rom gapps combination sometimes these permissions get funky (on a fresh install only of course).

I always use magisk hide for banking apps althout I don't think this is necessarily, but you could try.

I have no issues with hdr/camera although I rarely use the stock camera but use Gcam.

ahlockc

Feb 15, 2021
Weird error code, doesn't let me log in. The only other person reporting the same error on the Internet is someone who is using a Huawei, with no official Play Services support. So i thought that was the reason, saw that Google maps/position provider gave me errors as well.

My bank is "investigating"... 🤦‍♂️ I guess it might be an error on their side, as well.
I am writing the error code here, although it's in Italian, for other people to find it through Google: "Bancoposta Poste italiane - Transazione non andata a buon fine, codice errore BB1".
For bank/e-Wallet applications, they will probably check your device through "SafetyNet API" whether it is rooted or custom ROM installed. For my case, HK Octopus is not allowed for me to use the e-Wallet and report "Safetynet_no_connection 7000".

You can try "SafetyNet Helper Sample" app to check your U11 with LOS18.1 installed. Mine result is of course failed the integrity test. For passing the safety net test, you can use Magisk.

I have no issue with HDR/Camera as well.

Last edited:

bamn

Jul 23, 2010
I've got a (minor) issue, maybe someone can help.

My homebutton performs the "home action" only when released, not on initial press.
I am not sure if this is the way it should work, but I am conviced it used to be different.

The reason why this is an issue for me is that I have a long press on the home button programmed to open an app.
So now this app opens on the long press, but as soon as I release the button it "goes home".

Anyone has a suggestion?

aadeshiscool

Jun 21, 2015
Where are the gesture navigation settings? I'm not able to find it anywhere in the device, I want to disable buttons and start using the native gestures

P650SE

Aug 14, 2013
Thanks for replying.

Do you know any Rom that supports htc_ocnuhljapan? I'm stuck on pie here
You can still install this on the Japan variant if you want to. I have the SoftBank version and it works fine for me except the hardware buttons. Just extract the updater script from inside the ROM ZIP using a program like WinRAR, then using a text editor copy/paste one of the getprop lines at the top and change the device name to "htc_ocnuhljapan" and save, then copy the edited file back to the ZIP and replace...

You can enable the on-screen navigation buttons by adding the line "qemu.hw.mainkeys=0" and rebooting. :)

Reactions: Golv