LineageOS 18.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
#include <std_disclaimer.h> /* * Your warranty is now void. * * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. * */
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for Lineage OS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to Lineage OS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.
- On dual SIM devices, a SIM cannot be re-enabled once it has been disabled
- VOIP calling (problem with the microphone when making VOIP phone calls using Viber, Skype, Telegram, Facebook) - ???
- Wi-Fi calling - ??? (checked it for mcc="310" mnc="260" only, but I cant check it for me. My carrier supports Volte only for our device and VOLTE works fine for me)
- SeLinux permissive (will be fixed when the bugs are fixed)
- WiFi Display (green screen with artifacts on wfd)
- Android Auto USB connection ( https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...official-upd-2021-01-11.4207027/post-84186031)
- You tell me
Important: If you have any issues with rom (unresponsive buttons, cannot unlock with fingerprint, etc.) try to wipe delvik/cache in TWRP.
Take FULL backup first from your actual system!
Before instaling, make sure you are running the latest Oreo or Pie firmware from the latest HTC Sense.
If you are encrypted, take a full backup of all your data, boot into TWRP and format data (the option which requires you to type "yes") and clean flash accordingly. This is due to encryption changes. Do not skip this step or you will be locked out of your system by a password prompt.
- Download the latest updated TWRP recovery 3.3.1-1 ( thanks @Captain_Throwback ) or 3.4.0-0
- Reboot to download mode and flash it: "fastboot flash recovery name_of_file.img"
- Download the latest ROM zip from the downloads section below
- Wipe /system, /cache and /data (complete FORMAT /data if you're having issues or were encrypted)
- Flash ROM zip in TWRP, reboot to system and make initial settings (don't enable option Lineage recovery during first setup after clean install, otherwise you will lose TWRP and you need to reinstall it again)
- Flash the latest magisk (optional) after make one reboot
- When system is booted, reboot to TWRP and flash gapps (optional)
- Reboot and check apps permissions (!!!) (Google Play Service, all Google apps and services, Phone, Phone services, Camera, Contacts, Message, etc...)
- Enjoy (as much as currently possible)
LineageOS builds: download link
These builds for OREO or PIE firmware ( DSP.img patch is required for PIE firmware ONLY - *** HERE ***) !!!
(the patch is applied once and NOT NEED to reinstall patch after ROM update).
GAPPS: NikGApps-R and NikGapps-Addon-R-SetupWizard (Flash Over Core/Basic/Omni Package To Get Google Setup Wizard)
For more info visit NikGapps page or NikGapps thread on xda.
Open Gapps Android 11 test (Open Gapps thread on xda ) instead of NikGapps-R.
There are no issues yet.
Don't forget to make FULL backups before making any changes!
Magisk for R: Magisk-v22.1.zip (optional)
TWRP recovery: 3.3.1-1 or 3.4.0-0
Latest from LineageOS team - here
Bug reports without a proper description of the issue and a logcat will be ignored!
You don't know howto take a logcat - see here:
https://goo.gl/UcTM9 and https://goo.gl/J4CSEP
See post 3 for details.
- LineageOS Team & Contributors
- Code Aurora Forum
- TWRP Team
- Magisk Team
- All HTC U11 contributors
*** and many others ***
LineageOS Gerrit Review
LineageOS 18.1 Unofficial ROM for HTC U11, ROM for the HTC U11
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
Donations are not mandatory but very welcome.
If you like my work and want to support development or buy me a coffee: My PayPal or my profile on AFH
ROM OS Version: Android 11
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Oreo firmware or Pie firmware (with Oreo DSP patch)
Based On: LineageOS
Beta Release Date: 2020-12-23
Last Updated 2021-07-14