[ROM][11.0][marlin] PixelExperience [AOSP][OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

rockard_

Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
mine not working then. Says pixel 5 when its a pixel xl gen 1. Says i only got storage saver free and unlimited. What can I do to fix this?

edit. Birdsong not working for notification. Nothing being played and it wont let me save
Huh, you're right, it's not unlimited for original quality, I wonder when that changed. When switching to 11 maybe? Sorry for posting misleading info.
I cant even use twrp anymore :(. I try and it borks the entire system. Used to use it fine till November patch.
What, how have you been able to use TWRP? I've only ever been able temporarily boot into it, never install permanently.

Dragon Kumera

Mar 14, 2019
Huh, you're right, it's not unlimited for original quality, I wonder when that changed. When switching to 11 maybe? Sorry for posting misleading info.

What, how have you been able to use TWRP? I've only ever been able temporarily boot into it, never install permanently.
i got a version that worked fine on lineage os 17.1. Its twrp-pixel-installer-marlin-3.3.0-0.zip.

Attached the version in case you wanted to give it a try.

Attachments

• twrp-pixel-installer-marlin-3.3.0-0.zip
    11.2 MB · Views: 33

Dragon Kumera

Mar 14, 2019
my phone just crashed. It been up for a few days and rebooted itself. Also, memory being used almost all of it. (Just an update 12/24/21 It still is freeze crashing and rebooting after some days).

Installing newest update 12/16/21. Hope it fixes some issues I had.

Bootanimations are not working. Cannot put custom ones in.

When using duo I been having weird problems. No sound when I called and for some reason today got a camera not working error and no picture until they recalled. Also, when on phone call and switching to video mode mic stops working and i have to hang up.

Last edited:

undermark5

Oct 5, 2016
Why is the rom discontinued? What happened?
This is not an official answer by any means, but I'm guessing it is because the group as a whole is discontinuing Android 11 variants, and I have not seen any work done for Android 12 on OG Pixel(XL) devices. So, if support were to be continued, the mantainer is venturing into potentially uncharted waters.

As for if Android 12 can be ported to OG Pixel(XL) devices, I'm not certain, but considering it is coming up on its fifth year, the entire development community around it may have moved on to later more relevant devices.

In addition to the above, majority of maintainers do this in their spare time, so I would guess if they maintain multiple devices, their priorities are currently with other phones rather than a nearly 5 year old phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: miggsr

Dragon Kumera

Mar 14, 2019
This is not an official answer by any means, but I'm guessing it is because the group as a whole is discontinuing Android 11 variants, and I have not seen any work done for Android 12 on OG Pixel(XL) devices. So, if support were to be continued, the mantainer is venturing into potentially uncharted waters.

As for if Android 12 can be ported to OG Pixel(XL) devices, I'm not certain, but considering it is coming up on its fifth year, the entire development community around it may have moved on to later more relevant devices.

In addition to the above, majority of maintainers do this in their spare time, so I would guess if they maintain multiple devices, their priorities are currently with other phones rather than a nearly 5 year old phone.
Ya that what I guessed.

Also i think it is 5 yrs old. (got mine December 2016 and its January 2022).

I did buy a pixel 6 pro recently and have my pixel xl gen 1 as backup since it is working fantastic still. Though removed pixel experience os from it due to major problems that never were fixed and effects daily functionality.

undermark5

Oct 5, 2016
Ya that what I guessed.

Also i think it is 5 yrs old. (got mine December 2016 and its January 2022).

I did buy a pixel 6 pro recently and have my pixel xl gen 1 as backup since it is working fantastic still. Though removed pixel experience os from it due to major problems that never were fixed and effects daily functionality.
Ah, ya, I mathed wrong, last couple of years have been weird and doesn't help with just having rolled around to a new year either.

Carball0

May 1, 2018
Is there any way to install the original GCam? I tried once when I installed the ROM two months ago and it didn't work (it crashed right after opening it).
Despite this the ROM is amazing! I haven't found any issue after two months of using it and it even comes with monthly updates. Amazing work on this!

PixelExperience - UNOFFICIAL | Android 11
Updated
: 18/01/2022

▪️ Marlin [960MB]

Changelog:
• Revert back to original partition table.

Notes:
• After further analyzing the performance of the device, it was noted that UFS degradation was present during the use of the new repartitioned table, so therefore this build removes some of the system packages in order to satisfy the stock partition table found on the Pixel.
• If you currently find yourself on a ROM which required repartition, kindly flash the stock images (https://developers.google.com/android/images) for your respective device to revert to the original partition table.

JewBagel254

May 9, 2012
Updated

▪️ Marlin [960MB]

Changelog:

Notes:
• After further analyzing the performance of the device, it was noted that UFS degradation was present during the use of the new repartitioned table, so therefore this build removes some of the system packages in order to satisfy the stock partition table found on the Pixel.
• If you currently find yourself on a ROM which required repartition, kindly flash the stock images (https://developers.google.com/android/images) for your respective device to revert to the original partition table.
Thank you for the update but there appears not to be any gapps included. I tried sideloaded them on but im getting insufficient system partition space when trying to do so. Any workarounds?

GizmoTheGreen

Jun 13, 2010
i9100
Ouya
Updated

▪️ Marlin [960MB]

Changelog:

Notes:
is this beta and will become official later or?

baudfather

Oct 17, 2010
Updated

▪️ Marlin [960MB]

Changelog:

Notes:
Is this rom now unofficial as of the Jan 2022 build?

kartikb

Jun 30, 2010
Auckland
Updated

▪️ Marlin [960MB]

Changelog:

Notes:
I've installed this ROM but I am unable to get Google Play Store or anything working on it. Has anyone else managed to get it working? If so, can you give me directions on how to do so.

Updated
: 28/02/2021

▪️ Marlin [1.2GB]

Changelog:
• February Security Patch
• Based on official LineageOS 18.1 source
• VoLTE fixes
• Audio fixes
• Other fixes

Notes:
• This build requires you to re-partition your device in order to flash.
• Kindly read the Pre-install instructions (https://wiki.pixelexperience.org/devices/marlin/install/#pre-install-instructions) before flashing.

kartikb

Jun 30, 2010
Auckland
Updated
: 28/02/2021

▪️ Marlin [1.2GB]

Changelog:
• February Security Patch
• Based on official LineageOS 18.1 source
• VoLTE fixes
• Audio fixes
• Other fixes

Notes:
• This build requires you to re-partition your device in order to flash.
• Kindly read the Pre-install instructions (https://wiki.pixelexperience.org/devices/marlin/install/#pre-install-instructions) before flashing.
Thanks a lot for the new rom, it works perfectly well.

I see you have been trying to get Android 12 PE for the OG Pixels on sourceforge, how is that coming along?

PixelBoot - Thank you so much! Google services is back. Google play store is back. Every app got updated. Phone calls, notifications and sound all seem to be fixed. Canceled my order for a Pixel 4. It's a brand new phone. Thanks for keeping a perfectly good phone alive and updated!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Google Pixel XL [marlin]

What is this?

PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11.0

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog
    Today's PixelExperience (16/09/2021) brings a lot of the most requested bug fixes for both Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL.
    Here's the changelog, one of which being the highly anticipated APN bug fix:

• Fixed APN issue
    • Fixed network related issues
    • Fixed SELinux denials
    • Performance improvements
    • Other fixes

Thanks to however contributed and made me aware about this issue, and sorry for taking so long to resolve such a bug.
    I hope that in the past days, each one of your Google Pixel devices has been performing smoother and more efficiently thanks to all the related bug fixes.
    If you run into any more bugs, kindly do let me know, even though I'm not as active on XDA, I still frequently stay up to date.
    Hello, I have followed the guide until the ROM flashing step and I am stuck with the next error message:

"Error applying update: 28 (ErrorCode::kDownloadOperationExecutionError)
    E:Error in /sideload/package.zip (status 1)"

I have tried flashing either the Plus and the normal versions of Android 11 for marlin device.

Can you help me, please?
    I have the same issue.

Background: I went through the installation process successfully once. I had problems post-install however, it said no SIM inserted and I suspected a botched restore from Titanium Backup (didn't realize until too late that it's an abandoned app). So I decided to try to re-install the zip, which failed. I looked through the recovery logs and saw "no space left on device", so I perfomed a new factory reset. Still the same. So I repartitioned, then factory reset, then install zip. Still the same. So I go to step 1 and flash boot, reboot recovery, repartition, factory reset, install zip. Still the same.

So at this point the phone is un-bootable, and I can't see how I can get it back to a working state. Any suggestions?

EDIT: Sorry, just saw this https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...xperience-aosp-official.4247199/post-84661869
    Going to try that!

EDIT2: YES! It worked! So for anyone else experiencing the "kDownloadOperationExecutionError" (like @ogossorio), this is what I did:

1. Download TWRP (twrp-3.5.1_9-0-marlin.img) from https://dl.twrp.me/marlin/
    2. Boot phone into bootloader mode
    3. Temporarily boot TWRP: fastboot boot twrp-3.5.1_9-0-marlin.img
      1. If you can't reach your phone with adb while in TWRP, try disabling MTP under "Mount"
    4. Start adb shell and perform the steps described for your phone from PixelBoot's post
    5. Power off your phone
    6. Boot into bootloader mode
    7. Flash PE recovery: fastboot flash boot PixelExperience_Plus_marlin-11.0-20210317-1910-OFFICIAL.img
    8. Boot into recovery
    9. Factory reset
    10. Flash PE: adb sideload PixelExperience_Plus_marlin-11.0-20210317-1910-OFFICIAL.zip
    11. Reboot into OS
    PixelExperience - OFFICIAL | Android 11
    PixelExperience (Plus Edition) - OFFICIAL | Android 11
    Updated
    : 15/03/'21

Links:
    Eleven:
    Eleven (Plus Edition):
    Changelog:
    • Fixed missing VNDK lib.
    No luck. Fails after 2/2.

Error applying update: 5 (ErrorCode::kPostInstallRunnerError)

This is exactly what I have been doing. Doing it multiple times does not appear to make it more successful. I was following the install guide on the PIxelExperience website precisely.
    Then your last resort is going to TWRP and using the shell to input the following commands:
    Google Pixel/XL (32GB):

sgdisk --delete=33 /dev/block/sda
    sgdisk --delete=34 /dev/block/sda
    sgdisk --delete=35 /dev/block/sda

sgdisk --new=33:227142:1275716 --change-name=33:system_a --typecode=33:EBD0A0A2-B9E5-4433-87C0-68B6B72699C7 /dev/block/sda
    sgdisk --new=34:1275717:2324291 --change-name=34:system_b --typecode=34:77036CD4-03D5-42BB-8ED1-37E5A88BAA34 /dev/block/sda
    sgdisk --new=35:2324292:7785285 --change-name=35:userdata --typecode=35:EBD0A0A2-B9E5-4433-87C0-68B6B72699C7 /dev/block/sda

Google Pixel/XL (128GB):

sgdisk --delete=33 /dev/block/sda
    sgdisk --delete=34 /dev/block/sda
    sgdisk --delete=35 /dev/block/sda

sgdisk --new=33:227142:1537862 --change-name=33:system_a --typecode=33:77036CD4-03D5-42BB-8ED1-37E5A88BAA34 /dev/block/sda
    sgdisk --new=34:1537863:2848582 --change-name=34:system_b --typecode=34:EBD0A0A2-B9E5-4433-87C0-68B6B72699C7 /dev/block/sda
    sgdisk --new=35:2848583:31215429 --change-name=35:userdata --typecode=35:EBD0A0A2-B9E5-4433-87C0-68B6B72699C7 /dev/block/sda