[ROM][11.0][marlin] PixelExperience [AOSP][OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

nach0x

Jul 12, 2012
Anyone had any luck activating lib patcher in the CameraPX? every time I activate it the app crash.

Great rom! I'm using it as my daily

Trebor97

Mar 26, 2017
Google Pixel XL
ParaEverything works very well, it is amazing the work of the developer, so far the only problem is that sometimes very rare, when I give to the settings from the status bar, the system turns black and takes me the lock screen.

SteQu

Oct 31, 2013
Poznań
Realme 9 5G SE
PixelExperience - OFFICIAL | Android 11
PixelExperience (Plus Edition) - OFFICIAL | Android 11
Updated
: 15/03/'21

Links:
Eleven:
Eleven (Plus Edition):
Changelog:
  • Fixed missing VNDK lib.

I found a bug in the current build. I have experienced it three times already. It is an error that occurs during telephone calls. Sometimes the voice of the interlocutor "crackles". I mean such an intermittent sound. Then restarting the phone helps, which is quite bothersome. I think that something would have to be remedied. This error occurs in the phone application and Messenger.

pellajl

Jan 13, 2011
Melbourne
Edit: Problem solved thanks to @lmvuong1997 and @PixelBoot. Thanks guys.

Hi,

Hope someone can help me here....

I have a Pixel XL with 128GB of storage.

I have been wrestling with trying to install this ROM and honestly, I can't see what I have done wrong.

I have followed the steps in this installtion guide and I succeeded in evey step except the last step which is installing the ROM itself. In summary, this is where I am:

Step 1 - Unlocked Bootloader - Success.
Step 2 - PixelExperience Recovery - Success
Step 3 - Sideload Repartition from recovery - Success
Step 4 - Sideload PixelExperience from recovery - Failed

The installation starts and get to 35% and then aborts. Doesn't get to ~47% as the installtion guide suggests.

I have re downloaded the ROM zip files thinking they may have been corrupted. No success.

I have include a screenshot of the error on the phone itself.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

John

2021_04_10 01_42 Office Lens.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: wyb2021

jacktiew

Sep 16, 2019
Reactions: BoboBrazil

serghino909

Feb 28, 2021
Hola buenas, yo instale el sistema y lo estuve probando es muy bueno, pero quisiera volver al stock original android 10 la ultima actualizacion del google pixel xl, intente instalarle y me da error, y lo tengo sin sistema, no lo puedo usar solo queda en bootloader, quisiera que alguien me ayudara a resolver, solo quiero volver a la stock original
@serghino909 Mod edit - translated by https://www.deepl.com/translator:
Hello good, I installed the system and I was trying it is very good, but I would like to return to the original stock android 10 the latest update of google pixel xl, try to install and gives me error, and I have no system, I can not use it only remains in bootloader, I would like someone to help me solve, I just want to return to the original stock

XDA Forum Rules
4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities, not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English, use an online translator. You're free to include your original message in your own language, below the English translation. (This rule covers your posts, profile entries and signature). You could try :- https://translate.google.com/ or https://www.babelfish.com/ or use one of your choice.

Last edited by a moderator:

wyb2021

Apr 23, 2021
Edit: Problem solved thanks to @lmvuong1997 and @PixelBoot. Thanks guys.

Hi,

I have been wrestling with trying to install this ROM and honestly, I can't see what I have done wrong.

I have followed the steps in this installtion guide and I succeeded in evey step except the last step which is installing the ROM itself. In summary, this is where I am:

The installation starts and get to 35% and then aborts. Doesn't get to ~47% as the installtion guide suggests.

I have re downloaded the ROM zip files thinking they may have been corrupted. No success.

Regards

John

View attachment 5274697
I also got this result. 35% failed, How did you solve it? Please help

wyb2021

Apr 23, 2021
Hi,

112123.jpg

jacktiew

Sep 16, 2019
Hi,

Any help would be appreciated.View attachment 5287667
Have you tried to factory reset before sideload the repartition file and rom? (Backup before proceed. You may lost all your file.)

If it still doesn't work, I suggest you to get twrp to wipe everything and follow the steps as stated in instruction below.

Last edited:

pellajl

Jan 13, 2011
Melbourne
Have you tried to factory reset before sideload the repartition file and rom? (Backup before proceed. You may lost all your file.)

If it still doesn't work, I suggest you to get twrp to wipe everything and follow the steps as stated in instruction below.
I took the TWRP path and all is good now. Thanks....

pellajl

Jan 13, 2011
Melbourne
Is there any way of bypassing the screen below or is it just a fact of life with a custom ROM on a Pixel device?

Attachments

• 2021_04_10 01_44 Office Lens (Phone).jpg
    2021_04_10 01_44 Office Lens (Phone).jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 24

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Google Pixel XL [marlin]

What is this?

PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11.0

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog
    Hello, I have followed the guide until the ROM flashing step and I am stuck with the next error message:

"Error applying update: 28 (ErrorCode::kDownloadOperationExecutionError)
    E:Error in /sideload/package.zip (status 1)"

I have tried flashing either the Plus and the normal versions of Android 11 for marlin device.

Can you help me, please?
    I have the same issue.

Background: I went through the installation process successfully once. I had problems post-install however, it said no SIM inserted and I suspected a botched restore from Titanium Backup (didn't realize until too late that it's an abandoned app). So I decided to try to re-install the zip, which failed. I looked through the recovery logs and saw "no space left on device", so I perfomed a new factory reset. Still the same. So I repartitioned, then factory reset, then install zip. Still the same. So I go to step 1 and flash boot, reboot recovery, repartition, factory reset, install zip. Still the same.

So at this point the phone is un-bootable, and I can't see how I can get it back to a working state. Any suggestions?

EDIT: Sorry, just saw this https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-11-0-marlin-pixelexperience-aosp-official.4247199/post-84661869
    Going to try that!

EDIT2: YES! It worked! So for anyone else experiencing the "kDownloadOperationExecutionError" (like @ogossorio), this is what I did:

1. Download TWRP (twrp-3.5.1_9-0-marlin.img) from https://dl.twrp.me/marlin/
    2. Boot phone into bootloader mode
    3. Temporarily boot TWRP: fastboot boot twrp-3.5.1_9-0-marlin.img
      1. If you can't reach your phone with adb while in TWRP, try disabling MTP under "Mount"
    4. Start adb shell and perform the steps described for your phone from PixelBoot's post
    5. Power off your phone
    6. Boot into bootloader mode
    7. Flash PE recovery: fastboot flash boot PixelExperience_Plus_marlin-11.0-20210317-1910-OFFICIAL.img
    8. Boot into recovery
    9. Factory reset
    10. Flash PE: adb sideload PixelExperience_Plus_marlin-11.0-20210317-1910-OFFICIAL.zip
    11. Reboot into OS
    Today's PixelExperience (16/09/2021) brings a lot of the most requested bug fixes for both Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL.
    Here's the changelog, one of which being the highly anticipated APN bug fix:

• Fixed APN issue
    • Fixed network related issues
    • Fixed SELinux denials
    • Performance improvements
    • Other fixes

Thanks to however contributed and made me aware about this issue, and sorry for taking so long to resolve such a bug.
    I hope that in the past days, each one of your Google Pixel devices has been performing smoother and more efficiently thanks to all the related bug fixes.
    If you run into any more bugs, kindly do let me know, even though I'm not as active on XDA, I still frequently stay up to date.
    PixelExperience - UNOFFICIAL | Android 11
    Updated
    : 18/01/2022

▪️ Marlin [960MB]

Changelog:
    • Revert back to original partition table.

Notes:
    • After further analyzing the performance of the device, it was noted that UFS degradation was present during the use of the new repartitioned table, so therefore this build removes some of the system packages in order to satisfy the stock partition table found on the Pixel.
    • If you currently find yourself on a ROM which required repartition, kindly flash the stock images (https://developers.google.com/android/images) for your respective device to revert to the original partition table.
    No luck. Fails after 2/2.

Error applying update: 5 (ErrorCode::kPostInstallRunnerError)

This is exactly what I have been doing. Doing it multiple times does not appear to make it more successful. I was following the install guide on the PIxelExperience website precisely.
    Then your last resort is going to TWRP and using the shell to input the following commands:
    Google Pixel/XL (32GB):

sgdisk --delete=33 /dev/block/sda
    sgdisk --delete=34 /dev/block/sda
    sgdisk --delete=35 /dev/block/sda

sgdisk --new=33:227142:1275716 --change-name=33:system_a --typecode=33:EBD0A0A2-B9E5-4433-87C0-68B6B72699C7 /dev/block/sda
    sgdisk --new=34:1275717:2324291 --change-name=34:system_b --typecode=34:77036CD4-03D5-42BB-8ED1-37E5A88BAA34 /dev/block/sda
    sgdisk --new=35:2324292:7785285 --change-name=35:userdata --typecode=35:EBD0A0A2-B9E5-4433-87C0-68B6B72699C7 /dev/block/sda

Google Pixel/XL (128GB):

sgdisk --delete=33 /dev/block/sda
    sgdisk --delete=34 /dev/block/sda
    sgdisk --delete=35 /dev/block/sda

sgdisk --new=33:227142:1537862 --change-name=33:system_a --typecode=33:77036CD4-03D5-42BB-8ED1-37E5A88BAA34 /dev/block/sda
    sgdisk --new=34:1537863:2848582 --change-name=34:system_b --typecode=34:EBD0A0A2-B9E5-4433-87C0-68B6B72699C7 /dev/block/sda
    sgdisk --new=35:2848583:31215429 --change-name=35:userdata --typecode=35:EBD0A0A2-B9E5-4433-87C0-68B6B72699C7 /dev/block/sda