• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][11.0][marlin] PixelExperience [AOSP][OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

Jalh

Dec 11, 2010
Followed the guide step to step to end up failing the flash @ 0.75 and "error applying update: 28 (Errorcode kdownloadexecutionerror).

Done it several times and ended up at the same spot.

Reactions: swosho

bernielloyd85

Nov 3, 2016
I'm running it, and the APN bug is still present. The delay for SMS I think is gone since April update, at least I haven't noticed it for quite a while. Battery life seems ok to me, and yes I'm using it as a daily including work. Not really relying on it for work though, nor do I receive many SMS.
Thanks for the answers! I guess I'll have to resist the itch to upgrade for a bit longer haha. I'm glad it's working out for you though!

jacktiew

Sep 16, 2019
June build is up. (June 18, 2021)

Changelog: * June security patch
* Updated translations * Updated gapps
* Improved Face Unlock
* Minor bug fixes
* Introduced App Lock (plus version)
* Introduced per-app volume control (plus version)
* Improved power menu customization (plus version)

BoomBucks

Aug 14, 2012
After the June update, both Camera & Camera PX crash within seconds of opening. Interestingly, something seems to close the crash message in a split second. I see the white message pop-up, but it closes instantly without having a chance to show the message.

Tried reflashing June zip, clearing data, uninstalling + reinstalling. Doesn't seem to help.

The APN issue from April is still present.

jacktiew

Sep 16, 2019
After the June update, both Camera & Camera PX crash within seconds of opening. Interestingly, something seems to close the crash message in a split second. I see the white message pop-up, but it closes instantly without having a chance to show the message.

Tried reflashing June zip, clearing data, uninstalling + reinstalling. Doesn't seem to help.

The APN issue from April is still present.
I didn't face such issue for the camera tho.

Yes, the APN issue is still there.

Feb 25, 2016
Hyderabad
Google Pixel XL
June build is up. (June 18, 2021)

Changelog: * June security patch
* Updated translations * Updated gapps
* Improved Face Unlock
* Minor bug fixes
* Introduced App Lock (plus version)
* Introduced per-app volume control (plus version)
* Improved power menu customization (plus version)
Looking forward to it... I see an ota update, but does it work or can I dirty flash it as I can't do a clean install as I have work MFA that will break... Unlike others comments I use the rom as a daily driver...

baudfather

Oct 17, 2010
This ROM is great but the APN issue is a dealbreaker for me. I tried a fresh wipe/install of the June update and it's still there. A network settings reset fixed the issue, but only until reboot. Same result when in APN settings -> reset to default - only resolves the issue until reboot. I haven't seen any feedback lately despite the monthly updates, so going to have to switch to either stock or try another stable ROM. Hope to return here once it's updated/fixed. Cheers.

daedric

Dec 24, 2006
Porto
This ROM is great but the APN issue is a dealbreaker for me. I tried a fresh wipe/install of the June update and it's still there. A network settings reset fixed the issue, but only until reboot. Same result when in APN settings -> reset to default - only resolves the issue until reboot. I haven't seen any feedback lately despite the monthly updates, so going to have to switch to either stock or try another stable ROM. Hope to return here once it's updated/fixed. Cheers.

A single step after every reboot is a dealbreaker ? I have a spoiled battery, my device shuts down on 33%, and reseting the APN is really not so troublesome.

QuarkZ26

Sep 1, 2011
Data doesn't even work for me, I can text and call, but I see an R instead of LTE and get no data whatsoever. I tried a network reset and it did fix it for a few but eventually quit working shortly after.
I can't even setup APN, not sure if it's been removed or what, but I can't see anything like before where you would put your settings (Verizon).
Any ideas? It's a bummer, now I have to install something else since without wifi, I'm dead in the water...

baudfather

Oct 17, 2010
A single step after every reboot is a dealbreaker ? I have a spoiled battery, my device shuts down on 33%, and reseting the APN is really not so troublesome.
Simply, it's a step I don't want to do every day to simply use the phone. Not a deal breaker for everyone, but for me it is. Hopefully it can be fixed soon as I prefer this ROM over others.

Feb 25, 2016
Hyderabad
Google Pixel XL
After a month as daily driver, I am happy with the rom... Have tried lineage os and pixel dust... This rom is far cleaner and smoother in all aspects... 1st time installation is surely a pain but, I had OTA update that worked flawlessly... Only issue I have is that the camera is unstable as CStark cam doesn't work and I keep switching between Greatness and MWP Builds... Seems my front cam is dead, so any how looking forward to Pixel 6... Had a very long and good journey with Pixel XL...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PixelExperience - OFFICIAL | Android 11
    Updated
    : 15/07/'21

Links:
    Disclaimer:
    This build requires you to re-partition your device in order to flash.
    Kindly read the Pre-install instructions before flashing.

Changelog:
    • July security patch
    • Updated translations
    • Improved FaceUnlock
    • Minor bug fixes
    I was just referring to the bugs posted at https://github.com/PixelExperience/android-issues/labels/device:marlin - I haven't much activity or comments from Pixelboot since earlier this year (other than the monthly updates), and thought that since you posted the July update I was just wondering if Pixelboot has moved on and you were taking over :)

Hahahaha, no where. I only handed over my colleague because I wanted people participating in the topic to know about the update. That's it. 😅
    NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Google Pixel XL [marlin]

What is this?

PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11.0

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog
    PixelExperience - OFFICIAL | Android 11
    PixelExperience (Plus Edition) - OFFICIAL | Android 11
    Updated
    : 15/03/'21

Links:
    Eleven:
    Eleven (Plus Edition):
    Changelog:
    • Fixed missing VNDK lib.
    No luck. Fails after 2/2.

Error applying update: 5 (ErrorCode::kPostInstallRunnerError)

This is exactly what I have been doing. Doing it multiple times does not appear to make it more successful. I was following the install guide on the PIxelExperience website precisely.
    Then your last resort is going to TWRP and using the shell to input the following commands:
    Google Pixel/XL (32GB):

sgdisk --delete=33 /dev/block/sda
    sgdisk --delete=34 /dev/block/sda
    sgdisk --delete=35 /dev/block/sda

sgdisk --new=33:227142:1275716 --change-name=33:system_a --typecode=33:EBD0A0A2-B9E5-4433-87C0-68B6B72699C7 /dev/block/sda
    sgdisk --new=34:1275717:2324291 --change-name=34:system_b --typecode=34:77036CD4-03D5-42BB-8ED1-37E5A88BAA34 /dev/block/sda
    sgdisk --new=35:2324292:7785285 --change-name=35:userdata --typecode=35:EBD0A0A2-B9E5-4433-87C0-68B6B72699C7 /dev/block/sda

Google Pixel/XL (128GB):

sgdisk --delete=33 /dev/block/sda
    sgdisk --delete=34 /dev/block/sda
    sgdisk --delete=35 /dev/block/sda

sgdisk --new=33:227142:1537862 --change-name=33:system_a --typecode=33:77036CD4-03D5-42BB-8ED1-37E5A88BAA34 /dev/block/sda
    sgdisk --new=34:1537863:2848582 --change-name=34:system_b --typecode=34:EBD0A0A2-B9E5-4433-87C0-68B6B72699C7 /dev/block/sda
    sgdisk --new=35:2848583:31215429 --change-name=35:userdata --typecode=35:EBD0A0A2-B9E5-4433-87C0-68B6B72699C7 /dev/block/sda
    Hello, I have followed the guide until the ROM flashing step and I am stuck with the next error message:

"Error applying update: 28 (ErrorCode::kDownloadOperationExecutionError)
    E:Error in /sideload/package.zip (status 1)"

I have tried flashing either the Plus and the normal versions of Android 11 for marlin device.

Can you help me, please?
    I have the same issue.

Background: I went through the installation process successfully once. I had problems post-install however, it said no SIM inserted and I suspected a botched restore from Titanium Backup (didn't realize until too late that it's an abandoned app). So I decided to try to re-install the zip, which failed. I looked through the recovery logs and saw "no space left on device", so I perfomed a new factory reset. Still the same. So I repartitioned, then factory reset, then install zip. Still the same. So I go to step 1 and flash boot, reboot recovery, repartition, factory reset, install zip. Still the same.

So at this point the phone is un-bootable, and I can't see how I can get it back to a working state. Any suggestions?

EDIT: Sorry, just saw this https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...xperience-aosp-official.4247199/post-84661869
    Going to try that!

EDIT2: YES! It worked! So for anyone else experiencing the "kDownloadOperationExecutionError" (like @ogossorio), this is what I did:

1. Download TWRP (twrp-3.5.1_9-0-marlin.img) from https://dl.twrp.me/marlin/
    2. Boot phone into bootloader mode
    3. Temporarily boot TWRP: fastboot boot twrp-3.5.1_9-0-marlin.img
      1. If you can't reach your phone with adb while in TWRP, try disabling MTP under "Mount"
    4. Start adb shell and perform the steps described for your phone from PixelBoot's post
    5. Power off your phone
    6. Boot into bootloader mode
    7. Flash PE recovery: fastboot flash boot PixelExperience_Plus_marlin-11.0-20210317-1910-OFFICIAL.img
    8. Boot into recovery
    9. Factory reset
    10. Flash PE: adb sideload PixelExperience_Plus_marlin-11.0-20210317-1910-OFFICIAL.zip
    11. Reboot into OS
    Hey dude! (or dudette), would you please walk me throught the installation process? I'm a noob on flashing custom roms, and i'm facing some difficulties flashing this rom. I downloaded the repartition zip form the link, and I'm flashing it throught twrp recovery and then the rom zip file but it gets stuck on a bootloop. What am I missing? (Please forgive any misspellings, I'm also a noob at english)
    It will not work via TWRP recovery.
    1. Kindly go on the downloads page and install the PE recovery.
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot recovery.img
    (It may bootloop once or twice, but then it will show up in PE recovery)

2. Go into Apply update via ADB.
    Code:
    adb sideload repartition-ogpixel-**gb.zip

3. Factory Reset/Wipe Data.
    4. Apply update via ADB and sideload the ROM.
    Code:
    adb sideload PixelExperience-**.zip

5. Reboot and wait patiently.
    Hope this helps.