• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11.0][marlin] PixelExperience [AOSP][OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

activadroid

Feb 25, 2020
Google Pixel XL
Failed install on a 32GB Pixel XL. NON TWRP method. Checked log file afterward, and last page of long file shows (6 times): sgdisk: inaccessible or not found. This suggests to me that sgdisk is NOT in android, not on MY Pixel or NOT in the repartition-ogpixel-32gb.zip file from PixelBoot. Can anyone tell me where it is supposed to be, or how I can make the system find it ? or does PixelBoot need to fix the repartition...zip file ?

activadroid

Feb 25, 2020
Google Pixel XL
Failed install on a 32GB Pixel XL. NON TWRP method. Checked log file afterward, and last page of long file shows (6 times): sgdisk: inaccessible or not found. This suggests to me that sgdisk is NOT in android, not on MY Pixel or NOT in the repartition-ogpixel-32gb.zip file from PixelBoot. Can anyone tell me where it is supposed to be, or how I can make the system find it ? or does PixelBoot need to fix the repartition...zip file ?
Above comment was to try to help fix Pixelboots method (easier than TWRP). I just did the TWRP method with non-PLUS version & seems to have installed fine.
Thank-you to all commenters here for their suggestions.

SteQu

Oct 31, 2013
Poznań
Google Pixel XL
I found an easy way to fix APN settings and internet connection not working.

1. While in the APN settings, click on the three dots in the top right corner to create a new APN setting.

2. Create a profile, name it anything (I named it "Fix"). You can also enter anything in the APN field (I gave "Fix"). Set 4444 as a port. Save the settings by clicking again on the three dots in the corner of the screen.

3. Switch your operator's primary APN to the newly created one, then activate your operator's primary APN again after a few seconds. The data icon should go out and show a momentary disconnection.

4. Ready! (Leave a like or write in a comment if it helped)

Unfortunately, this trick has to be used every time there is an error with the cellular data.

Last edited:

baudfather

Oct 17, 2010

1. While in the APN settings, click on the three dots in the top right corner to create a new APN setting.

2. Create a profile, name it anything (I named it "Fix"). You can also enter anything in the APN field (I gave "Fix"). Set 4444 as a port. Save the settings by clicking again on the three dots in the corner of the screen.

3. Switch your operator's primary APN to the newly created one, then activate your operator's primary APN again after a few seconds. The data icon should go out and show a momentary disconnection.

Unfortunately, this trick has to be used every time there is an error with the cellular data.
Unfortunately this only works until reboot. Have you taken over maintaining the ROM from Pixelboot? Just wondering if they're still active - haven't seen any activity on any of the reported bugs on the PE github.

SteQu

Oct 31, 2013
Poznań
Google Pixel XL
Unfortunately this only works until reboot. Have you taken over maintaining the ROM from Pixelboot? Just wondering if they're still active - haven't seen any activity on any of the reported bugs on the PE github.

Exactly. The method works only until the cellular data is turned off or the device is rebooted. What do you mean later in the post?

Reactions: rodken

baudfather

Oct 17, 2010
Exactly. The method works only until the cellular data is turned off or the device is rebooted. What do you mean later in the post?
I was just referring to the bugs posted at https://github.com/PixelExperience/android-issues/labels/device:marlin - I haven't much activity or comments from Pixelboot since earlier this year (other than the monthly updates), and thought that since you posted the July update I was just wondering if Pixelboot has moved on and you were taking over :)

SteQu

Oct 31, 2013
Poznań
Google Pixel XL
I was just referring to the bugs posted at https://github.com/PixelExperience/android-issues/labels/device:marlin - I haven't much activity or comments from Pixelboot since earlier this year (other than the monthly updates), and thought that since you posted the July update I was just wondering if Pixelboot has moved on and you were taking over :)

Hahahaha, no where. I only handed over my colleague because I wanted people participating in the topic to know about the update. That's it. 😅

Reactions: baudfather
Feb 25, 2016
Hyderabad
Google Pixel XL

The fix I found is to reset the apn settings under the 3 dot actions menu after every restart... Works well...

Th30n1

Aug 26, 2015
I need help I tried installing this rom on my pixel xl 128gb but it keeps failing. I have tried the plus version and the regular rom but both give me error wont let me install. It never passes 1/2. this is what on the command promt after running the sideload command to install the rom. Total xfer: 0.75x or I also get
"Error applying update: 28 (ErrorCode::kDownloadOperationExecutionError)
E:Error in /sideload/package.zip (status 1)"

what could be the Couse of this error.

rockard_

Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
I need help I tried installing this rom on my pixel xl 128gb but it keeps failing. I have tried the plus version and the regular rom but both give me error wont let me install. It never passes 1/2. this is what on the command promt after running the sideload command to install the rom. Total xfer: 0.75x or I also get

what could be the Couse of this error.
See https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...xperience-aosp-official.4247199/post-84711569

daniel3ub

Jan 15, 2012
Hello! I've been using this ROM for a couple of months now, and I've been ignoring the update alerts, basically because the installation process was a pain.

For an update, do I need to go through the same process as a brand-new install? Is there anything as an OTA update? When I tap the update notification on my phone I'm taken to the downloads page, with the "This build requires you to repartition your device..." warning.

Where do I go from there?

Thank you very much!

daniel3ub

Jan 15, 2012
Hello! I've been using this ROM for a couple of months now, and I've been ignoring the update alerts, basically because the installation process was a pain.

For an update, do I need to go through the same process as a brand-new install? Is there anything as an OTA update? When I tap the update notification on my phone I'm taken to the downloads page, with the "This build requires you to repartition your device..." warning.

Where do I go from there?

Thank you very much!
Never mind, I've found the guide. I'm sorry :/

baudfather

Oct 17, 2010
New build up.

Just installed it, and APN bug still present. I'm considering ditching the 11 builds, I feel the phone is not equipped to run it.
There's no activity (not even an acknowledgment) on any of the Marlin Github issues going back to April. I'm guessing there's no interest left in troubleshooting bugs on this device.

rockard_

Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
There's no activity (not even an acknowledgment) on any of the Marlin Github issues going back to April. I'm guessing there's no interest left in troubleshooting bugs on this device.
Sure, but it's something offered for free, so I'm not expecting anything. I was more talking about that the phone is not powerful enough for Android 11, so I'm considering switching back to Android 10.

baudfather

Oct 17, 2010
Sure, but it's something offered for free, so I'm not expecting anything.
Yeah, and I totally get that. It's just unfortunate there isn't much demand or interest left for this device since otherwise it's pretty solid. The APN issue is literally the only issue I have with this ROM and I've been holding out for the last several builds...but if there's nobody even acknowledging or responding to the issues submitted on github it shouldn't even be supported. Not intended as a dig at the maintaner as the monthly updates are great, but if there's literally no device-specific support, then what's the point of it being an official build?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone!

I had the weird phone-shutting-down-when-30%-battery-left bug for a while with stock ROM, then I installed PE and life was good again! However, for a couple of weeks (I'd say two updates), this issue is back.

Basically, when the phone is around 30% battery left, it will shut down randomly as if there's no battery left. Especially if I open the camera app (or if I open the camera from inside any app). The weird part is that if I plug the phone in while off, the screen reads 30% (or whatever battery I had left when it shut down). If I turn the phone on again while plugged, it reads 30%, but if I turn it on unplugged, it will read 1% or 2%.

This, coupled with the fast battery depletion, is making me think about going back to stock for a couple of weeks/months until the Pixel 5A is available in Canada or this issue is fixed/addressed.

Does anyone experience these issues as well? Is there anything I can try to fix them?

Thank you!!!
    Yes! I have something like that too. Likewise, you just need to turn on the camera apps with this amount of battery and the phone suddenly dies. I have no idea how to prevent this from happening.
    Thanks for the confirmation! Did you have this problem with previous versions of PE as well?
    Hello everyone!

I had the weird phone-shutting-down-when-30%-battery-left bug for a while with stock ROM, then I installed PE and life was good again! However, for a couple of weeks (I'd say two updates), this issue is back.

Basically, when the phone is around 30% battery left, it will shut down randomly as if there's no battery left. Especially if I open the camera app (or if I open the camera from inside any app). The weird part is that if I plug the phone in while off, the screen reads 30% (or whatever battery I had left when it shut down). If I turn the phone on again while plugged, it reads 30%, but if I turn it on unplugged, it will read 1% or 2%.

This, coupled with the fast battery depletion, is making me think about going back to stock for a couple of weeks/months until the Pixel 5A is available in Canada or this issue is fixed/addressed.

Does anyone experience these issues as well? Is there anything I can try to fix them?

Thank you!!!
    Your battery life is (almost) over. You need to either replace battery or replace phone... Or have a portable battery charger handy.
    NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Google Pixel XL [marlin]

What is this?

PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11.0

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog
    Today's PixelExperience (16/09/2021) brings a lot of the most requested bug fixes for both Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL.
    Here's the changelog, one of which being the highly anticipated APN bug fix:

• Fixed APN issue
    • Fixed network related issues
    • Fixed SELinux denials
    • Performance improvements
    • Other fixes

Thanks to however contributed and made me aware about this issue, and sorry for taking so long to resolve such a bug.
    I hope that in the past days, each one of your Google Pixel devices has been performing smoother and more efficiently thanks to all the related bug fixes.
    If you run into any more bugs, kindly do let me know, even though I'm not as active on XDA, I still frequently stay up to date.
    PixelExperience - OFFICIAL | Android 11
    PixelExperience (Plus Edition) - OFFICIAL | Android 11
    Updated
    : 15/03/'21

Links:
    Eleven:
    Eleven (Plus Edition):
    Changelog:
    • Fixed missing VNDK lib.
    Hello, I have followed the guide until the ROM flashing step and I am stuck with the next error message:

I have tried flashing either the Plus and the normal versions of Android 11 for marlin device.

Can you help me, please?
    I have the same issue.

Background: I went through the installation process successfully once. I had problems post-install however, it said no SIM inserted and I suspected a botched restore from Titanium Backup (didn't realize until too late that it's an abandoned app). So I decided to try to re-install the zip, which failed. I looked through the recovery logs and saw "no space left on device", so I perfomed a new factory reset. Still the same. So I repartitioned, then factory reset, then install zip. Still the same. So I go to step 1 and flash boot, reboot recovery, repartition, factory reset, install zip. Still the same.

So at this point the phone is un-bootable, and I can't see how I can get it back to a working state. Any suggestions?

EDIT: Sorry, just saw this https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...xperience-aosp-official.4247199/post-84661869
    Going to try that!

EDIT2: YES! It worked! So for anyone else experiencing the "kDownloadOperationExecutionError" (like @ogossorio), this is what I did:

1. Download TWRP (twrp-3.5.1_9-0-marlin.img) from https://dl.twrp.me/marlin/
    2. Boot phone into bootloader mode
    3. Temporarily boot TWRP: fastboot boot twrp-3.5.1_9-0-marlin.img
      1. If you can't reach your phone with adb while in TWRP, try disabling MTP under "Mount"
    4. Start adb shell and perform the steps described for your phone from PixelBoot's post
    5. Power off your phone
    6. Boot into bootloader mode
    7. Flash PE recovery: fastboot flash boot PixelExperience_Plus_marlin-11.0-20210317-1910-OFFICIAL.img
    8. Boot into recovery
    9. Factory reset
    10. Flash PE: adb sideload PixelExperience_Plus_marlin-11.0-20210317-1910-OFFICIAL.zip
    11. Reboot into OS
    No luck. Fails after 2/2.

Error applying update: 5 (ErrorCode::kPostInstallRunnerError)

This is exactly what I have been doing. Doing it multiple times does not appear to make it more successful. I was following the install guide on the PIxelExperience website precisely.
    Then your last resort is going to TWRP and using the shell to input the following commands:
    Google Pixel/XL (32GB):

sgdisk --delete=33 /dev/block/sda
    sgdisk --delete=34 /dev/block/sda
    sgdisk --delete=35 /dev/block/sda

sgdisk --new=33:227142:1275716 --change-name=33:system_a --typecode=33:EBD0A0A2-B9E5-4433-87C0-68B6B72699C7 /dev/block/sda
    sgdisk --new=34:1275717:2324291 --change-name=34:system_b --typecode=34:77036CD4-03D5-42BB-8ED1-37E5A88BAA34 /dev/block/sda
    sgdisk --new=35:2324292:7785285 --change-name=35:userdata --typecode=35:EBD0A0A2-B9E5-4433-87C0-68B6B72699C7 /dev/block/sda

Google Pixel/XL (128GB):

sgdisk --delete=33 /dev/block/sda
    sgdisk --delete=34 /dev/block/sda
    sgdisk --delete=35 /dev/block/sda

sgdisk --new=33:227142:1537862 --change-name=33:system_a --typecode=33:77036CD4-03D5-42BB-8ED1-37E5A88BAA34 /dev/block/sda
    sgdisk --new=34:1537863:2848582 --change-name=34:system_b --typecode=34:EBD0A0A2-B9E5-4433-87C0-68B6B72699C7 /dev/block/sda
    sgdisk --new=35:2848583:31215429 --change-name=35:userdata --typecode=35:EBD0A0A2-B9E5-4433-87C0-68B6B72699C7 /dev/block/sda