• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11.0][marlin] PixelExperience [AOSP][OFFICIAL]

Search This thread
Thanks for this, going to try it out. Just FYI, kDownloadOperationExecutionError is still an issue during install, and the workaround still holds.
There is not much I can do about that issue.
Personally, myself I have encountered it, however by how the PixelExperience official procedure works.
For obvious reasons, I cannot tinker with how the .zip final file is produced.

Reactions: rockard_

rockard_

Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
Personally, myself I have encountered it, however by how the PixelExperience official procedure works.
I see. I encountered it just now when I was following the official procedure (I was coming from latest version of PE+ 10). I guess adding a note/tip in the official instructions could help, but I don't think it's a big issue :).

daedric

Dec 24, 2006
Porto
Today's update includes fixes for media playback bugs experienced by many of you.
Changelog:

• Fix Google Assistant voice match
• Fix music playback bug when turning on screen
• Fixed music playback lag

Thanks for your patience and make sure to let me know if you encounter any more bugs. :)

Your rom is making me repair my Pixel XL (battery). It's really really beautiful.

I wish i could say that the VoLTE bug bugs me (pun intended), but it doesn't. Vodafone PT will not enable it for post-paid cards, and even for pre-paid plans, only on a few selected devices (Pixel XL is excluded). As such, i couldn't care less about it.

Thank you very much.

Small bug report:
I was testing L2TP VPN and i manage to make it work, but i must have made change on the server that the Android really didn't like, forcing the device to reboot. As it was a Always On VPN, i got myself into a reboot loop.
I got out of it by disabling the VPN server, giving me time to disable the Always ON VPN. This is low priority really.

BoomBucks

Aug 14, 2012
Thank you @PixelBoot !

There was a period of about two months when I thought the issues wouldn't be fixed, but you've been killing it in the past few days. It's amazing to have the APN bug gone!

Thanks again for everything you do!

rockard_

Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
Reactions: kröte

kröte

Jun 10, 2021
Do you encounter kDownloadOperationExecutionError"? If so there is a workaround.
Brilliant. The work around fixes that 35% kDownloadOperationExecutionError error.

By the way is there a way to cut-and-paste into the Windows cmd ADB shell? I think control V Works within the cmd but Doesn't work for the ADB shell. So I had to Type "sgdisk --new=33:227142:1537862 --change-name=33:system_a --typecode=33:77036CD4-03D5-42BB-8ED1-37E5A88BAA34 /dev/block/sda" digit by digit.

rockard_

Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
Brilliant. The work around fixes that 35% kDownloadOperationExecutionError error.

By the way is there a way to cut-and-paste into the Windows cmd ADB shell? I think control V Works within the cmd but Doesn't work for the ADB shell. So I had to Type "sgdisk --new=33:227142:1537862 --change-name=33:system_a --typecode=33:77036CD4-03D5-42BB-8ED1-37E5A88BAA34 /dev/block/sda" digit by digit.
Personally I use Shift+Insert, but I think there are others if you Google it.

Reactions: kröte

DaSmith87

Aug 12, 2012
Hey guys, I installed the latest Plus version on my Pixel XL OG yesterday, but when I try to pair a bluetooth device my bluetooth radio gets in a loop turning on and off all the time. Anyone else having this issue, and any suggestions to overcome it?

/edit: Never mind... A simple restart fixed it. I don't think it's a persistent issue. Leaving this in case someone encounters the same problem and decids not to restart right away (like silly me).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks for this, going to try it out. Just FYI, kDownloadOperationExecutionError is still an issue during install, and the workaround still holds.
    When downloading update through settings, where in storage does it download to
    /data/system_updates/
    hey thanks for the thread. In the last step when installing the 120 GB PixelExperience installation package The installation process get stuck at 35%. What could this mean?
    I'm following the instructions at: https://wiki.pixelexperience.org/devices/marlin/install/
    Should I try flash stock then Try again?
    Do you encounter kDownloadOperationExecutionError"? If so there is a workaround.

Personally I use Shift+Insert, but I think there are others if you Google it.
    NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Google Pixel XL [marlin]

What is this?

PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11.0

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog
    Today's PixelExperience (16/09/2021) brings a lot of the most requested bug fixes for both Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL.
    Here's the changelog, one of which being the highly anticipated APN bug fix:

• Fixed APN issue
    • Fixed network related issues
    • Fixed SELinux denials
    • Performance improvements
    • Other fixes

Thanks to however contributed and made me aware about this issue, and sorry for taking so long to resolve such a bug.
    I hope that in the past days, each one of your Google Pixel devices has been performing smoother and more efficiently thanks to all the related bug fixes.
    If you run into any more bugs, kindly do let me know, even though I'm not as active on XDA, I still frequently stay up to date.
    PixelExperience - OFFICIAL | Android 11
    PixelExperience (Plus Edition) - OFFICIAL | Android 11
    Updated
    : 15/03/'21

Links:
    Eleven:
    Eleven (Plus Edition):
    Changelog:
    • Fixed missing VNDK lib.
    No luck. Fails after 2/2.

Error applying update: 5 (ErrorCode::kPostInstallRunnerError)

This is exactly what I have been doing. Doing it multiple times does not appear to make it more successful. I was following the install guide on the PIxelExperience website precisely.
    Then your last resort is going to TWRP and using the shell to input the following commands:
    Google Pixel/XL (32GB):

sgdisk --delete=33 /dev/block/sda
    sgdisk --delete=34 /dev/block/sda
    sgdisk --delete=35 /dev/block/sda

sgdisk --new=33:227142:1275716 --change-name=33:system_a --typecode=33:EBD0A0A2-B9E5-4433-87C0-68B6B72699C7 /dev/block/sda
    sgdisk --new=34:1275717:2324291 --change-name=34:system_b --typecode=34:77036CD4-03D5-42BB-8ED1-37E5A88BAA34 /dev/block/sda
    sgdisk --new=35:2324292:7785285 --change-name=35:userdata --typecode=35:EBD0A0A2-B9E5-4433-87C0-68B6B72699C7 /dev/block/sda

Google Pixel/XL (128GB):

sgdisk --delete=33 /dev/block/sda
    sgdisk --delete=34 /dev/block/sda
    sgdisk --delete=35 /dev/block/sda

sgdisk --new=33:227142:1537862 --change-name=33:system_a --typecode=33:77036CD4-03D5-42BB-8ED1-37E5A88BAA34 /dev/block/sda
    sgdisk --new=34:1537863:2848582 --change-name=34:system_b --typecode=34:EBD0A0A2-B9E5-4433-87C0-68B6B72699C7 /dev/block/sda
    sgdisk --new=35:2848583:31215429 --change-name=35:userdata --typecode=35:EBD0A0A2-B9E5-4433-87C0-68B6B72699C7 /dev/block/sda
    Hello, I have followed the guide until the ROM flashing step and I am stuck with the next error message:

"Error applying update: 28 (ErrorCode::kDownloadOperationExecutionError)
    E:Error in /sideload/package.zip (status 1)"

I have tried flashing either the Plus and the normal versions of Android 11 for marlin device.

Can you help me, please?
    I have the same issue.

Background: I went through the installation process successfully once. I had problems post-install however, it said no SIM inserted and I suspected a botched restore from Titanium Backup (didn't realize until too late that it's an abandoned app). So I decided to try to re-install the zip, which failed. I looked through the recovery logs and saw "no space left on device", so I perfomed a new factory reset. Still the same. So I repartitioned, then factory reset, then install zip. Still the same. So I go to step 1 and flash boot, reboot recovery, repartition, factory reset, install zip. Still the same.

So at this point the phone is un-bootable, and I can't see how I can get it back to a working state. Any suggestions?

EDIT: Sorry, just saw this https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...xperience-aosp-official.4247199/post-84661869
    Going to try that!

EDIT2: YES! It worked! So for anyone else experiencing the "kDownloadOperationExecutionError" (like @ogossorio), this is what I did:

1. Download TWRP (twrp-3.5.1_9-0-marlin.img) from https://dl.twrp.me/marlin/
    2. Boot phone into bootloader mode
    3. Temporarily boot TWRP: fastboot boot twrp-3.5.1_9-0-marlin.img
      1. If you can't reach your phone with adb while in TWRP, try disabling MTP under "Mount"
    4. Start adb shell and perform the steps described for your phone from PixelBoot's post
    5. Power off your phone
    6. Boot into bootloader mode
    7. Flash PE recovery: fastboot flash boot PixelExperience_Plus_marlin-11.0-20210317-1910-OFFICIAL.img
    8. Boot into recovery
    9. Factory reset
    10. Flash PE: adb sideload PixelExperience_Plus_marlin-11.0-20210317-1910-OFFICIAL.zip
    11. Reboot into OS