[ROM]-[11.0]-[NAIRO]-LineageOS-18.1-[OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

Tommy0000

Dec 3, 2017
Moto G 5G Plus
Well, I finally reinstalled it. Neither factory reset, nor recovery change fixed it, I also completely removed Magisk. At the end I had to use Moto Rescue Tool to install the factory image, then did a clean LOS install. Now the OTA works fine.
So it seems the in-place LOS18 > LOS19 update didn't work too well, at least for me.
So if i had to do it i would need to clean install right?

Emerald_N8

May 18, 2018
I have some issues with telegram after installing LineageOS 19
when I rotate screen in telegram it set text size to 16 and when I'm plying a video rotation cause the video to close and goes to end of the chat/group/channel
there is another issue that multitasking with three button gesture from a game (clash of clans and mlbb for me) it sometimes freezes and sometimes I had to swipe the game in multitask screen to left to get swiped to up and get closed (looks like it thinks I'm in vertical screen but shows horizon screen)
and also when I multitask in some apps like google play store the previous app comes in middle and google play stores goes to right
not any issue with gesture navigation

I recorded the issue on telegram with the text size resetting
it also occurs when I'm not in telegram settings
the issue is not present in Motorola one action with LineageOS 19 , so weird

Attachments

• screen-20220917-125303.mp4
    19.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Jim85

So if i had to do it i would need to clean install right?
I'd say yes, even I am not sure, whether a clean install will work properly, if you had TWRP previously. For me finally neither TWRP nor LOS recovery worked, I had to do a clean install with the Moto Rescue tool, install a factory image and then install LOS recovery and LOS19, since it is working, I have Magisk applied, and OTA, Google Wallet, bank app, etc. are working. So before that, I'd do a backup about the files on the phone.

Tommy0000

Dec 3, 2017
Moto G 5G Plus
I'd say yes, even I am not sure, whether a clean install will work properly, if you had TWRP previously. For me finally neither TWRP nor LOS recovery worked, I had to do a clean install with the Moto Rescue tool, install a factory image and then install LOS recovery and LOS19, since it is working, I have Magisk applied, and OTA, Google Wallet, bank app, etc. are working. So before that, I'd do a backup about the files on the phone.
This phone desperately needs a more active modding community. The twrp we have rn doesn't work in android 12. It's so sad

gutoblauth

Oct 27, 2010
Is the UI smooth for the 90 Hz display it has on LOS?
I'm thrilling into installing LOS only because the UI lag on stock ROM...

Emerald_N8

May 18, 2018
Is the UI smooth for the 90 Hz display it has on LOS?
I'm thrilling into installing LOS only because the UI lag on stock ROM...
yes , absolutely
i have locked to 90hz and its much smoother than stock ROM , but there are some issues with three button gesture and multitasking which i mentioned in my previous comment , if you care about them , then i suggest you to go for LOS 18 instead of LOS 19

SomeRandomGuy

Mar 17, 2008
Chicago
LG G4
LG G6
Am I just up with inadequate caffeine, or does the fingerprint functionality not even exist in the current 18 build?

I've tried the nightly official 18 build, and I've built 18 from source twice - with and without muppets, respectively - and none of the three show anything in any menu for adding fingerprints.

I've got the factory images to borrow them from, if it is as easy as adding an APK or two. I might be smart enough to add them to the build tree, but really no idea what to even look for.

hteles

Oct 10, 2011
Sintra
Nexus 7
LG G3
Mine updated from LOS17 has fingerprint enabled and active.

Screenshot_20220929-115114_Trebuchet.png

hteles

Oct 10, 2011
Sintra
Nexus 7
LG G3
Yeah, totally different look for me:
View attachment 5722867
No other ideas except, are you running the suggested GAPPS?
Not sure if it is required but face unlock for instance requires some google proprietary files that cames with GAPPS.

Anyway, probably someone else will confirm if they have fingerprint working... Mines work and i use it in several installed apps too.

SomeRandomGuy

Mar 17, 2008
Chicago
LG G4
LG G6
@hteles no, I wanted to do the OS with MicroG (and am trying to figure out the 392840923 steps needed to get it to build into the flashed image vs post-install)... but I tried MindTheGApps for 18.1 Arm64 just on your suggestion. Unfortunately, all that did was install all the G crap like the "OK Google" spyware feature (yay, reflash to delete!) ... but it didn't change any support for the fingerprint functionality appearing. :(

Thx tho!

Reactions: hteles

hteles

Oct 10, 2011
Sintra
Nexus 7
LG G3
@hteles no, I wanted to do the OS with MicroG (and am trying to figure out the 392840923 steps needed to get it to build into the flashed image vs post-install)... but I tried MindTheGApps for 18.1 Arm64 just on your suggestion. Unfortunately, all that did was install all the G crap like the "OK Google" spyware feature (yay, reflash to delete!) ... but it didn't change any support for the fingerprint functionality appearing. :(

Thx tho!eird ndeed

Thx tho!

Other than installing the oficial los17.1 setup fingerprint and update to 18 I don't see other way then 🤔
Probably its a LOS 18.1 bug.... Maybe someone else will help clarify this doubt.

Regards.

SomeRandomGuy

Mar 17, 2008
Chicago
LG G4
LG G6
Does anyone else ever wish there wasn't like 10 rabbit holes in each rabbit hole you go down?

Sigh.

So I wondered if maybe something got messed up with the proprietary blobs, like I downloaded a different version of base Android or something.... so I axed all the proprietary files and tried to reload clean, from original source ROM images (on A11, for LOS 18). That is, mounting the system, product, vendor.img files and extracting from those... not the LOS image as the instructions direct.

Oh boy... wow, there's a lot of files that weren't part of the stock ROM ! 123 of them!

Code:
    !! system_ext/bin/wfdservice: file not found in source
    !! system_ext/etc/init/wfdservice.rc: file not found in source
    !! system_ext/etc/seccomp_policy/wfdservice.policy: file not found in source
    !! system_ext/etc/wfdconfigsink.xml: file not found in source
    !! system_ext/lib/libwfdavenhancements.so: file not found in source
    !! product/lib64/libqc-depth.so: file not found in source
    !! product/lib64/libqc-focus.so: file not found in source
    !! product/lib64/libqc-snpe.so: file not found in source
    !! product/lib64/libsmudge_detect.so: file not found in source
    !! product/lib64/libzxing-core.so: file not found in source

And, of course, I couldn't
Code:
brunch nairo
with everything missing.

Ok, lets look at what I removed, and put some back... sm7250-common directory, qcom directory, for example... ok... damn, still won't build (with everything back except the "/vendor/motorola/nairo" tree).

So where did all this (missing) stuff come from, if it wasn't in the stock ROM? And how much of it is needed? I get maybe the "common" stuff covers multiple devices and chips, but why is there stuff in the Nairo folder that isn't in the Nairo stock image?

I suppose the answer is someone blindly copied another device and found it worked, so they didn't filter the stuff that wasn't actually needed...

Not any closer to getting a working fingerprint scanner than I was this morning. Sigh.

Help, insight, inspiration, or creative profanity from the grandmaster ROM cookers humbly appreciated.

----

Interestingly, the
Code:
product_b.img
was empty on the stock image (and system and vendor from the dynamic super.img were /different/ between A and B), which explains a lot of the bootloops that drive n00bs on this device (*COUGH*) nuts when flashing to B from A and getting the nasty Error 7... I've modified my notes to simply
Code:
fastboot --set-active=b
before flashing the recovery and image so it flashes to A and doesn't explode. I don't want to learn that, tonight, too...

Reactions: hteles

BennTech

Mar 10, 2006
Camera crashes on 18.1 (20220810) when I try to activate macro mode. Then crashes every start until I clear storage for camera app to reset the settings. Macro was working on stock ROM 10 & 11. Haven't tried LOS 19 because I don't like the new Android interface.

Anybody else have problems with camera's macro mode on LineageOS for Nairo?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Motorola G 5G Plus/ Motorola One G 5G
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */
    Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 18.1 thread for the Motorola G 5G Plus/Motorola One 5G, codename Nairo.​
    Join our Motorola G 5G Plus / Motorola One 5G Development Telegram Group!​

LINKS:
    Magisk: Magisk
    Factory Firmware: Stock Firmware Mirror
    "Copy Partitions Zip" - courtesy of @filipepferraz
    (To setup "Slot B")

How to Install:

Contributors[/B]
    erfanoabdi, SyberHexen, Jleeblanch
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.19
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable
    Updated to Android 12 yesterday.
    All is running well and it seems Faster than Android 11
    Kudos to the development team. Excellent work +SyberHexen
    A 1000 Thank yous
    Also tried latest update which is Los19.1 yesterday. But I flash back to PixelExperience Plus 12.1 ROM, the one from SyberHexen's androidfilehost account, which is way more smoother and stable for me.
    You should also tried that rom too. It's great and I use it as daily driver rom.
    I just hope that SyberHexen will continue that rom.
    and thanks to him we still receive updates of custom roms like lineageOS and havoc.
    Updated to Android 12 yesterday.
    All is running well and it seems Faster than Android 11
    Kudos to the development team. Excellent work +SyberHexen
    A 1000 Thank yous
    Hello,
    is SafetyNet passed on official 19.1 LOS?
    Hi.
    My PlayStore says device not certified.
    Magisk with Universal safetynet fix.
    My Bank app works with magiskhide and in Denylist.
    This is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen! I tried the 19.1 version but had no data and was stuck in roaming x1 so this is perfect!! Guide is lovely but oh man that was intense! Moment of terror when the guide says "important if you want gapps it MUST be installed before first boot!" but my adb stops working in the middle of it (not the errors it says is ok, like using usb 3.0 not usb 2.0 and my phone suddenly disconnecting type errors) and I boot into system like a moron.

At first i freaked and was like maaaaaaan i gotta start over from stock but it was really as simple as rebooting to recovery, wipe it all, sideload GApps, sideload magisk again and when i booted up i had GApps and no errors. Not sure if that will work across all devices but if so it would help the others who i'm sure have wondered the same but never tried it =P

thank you though frfr <3