[ROM] ► [11.0] ► Nitrogen OS Beta

khayzer

Jan 27, 2015
Ok. Yes the newest Evox. It's very visually appealing an almost bug free. I am still tempted by PE+ Unofficial but it's a little more sluggish than Evox 5.2. Tossing up between the 2. I found about 5 great roms for PX3 but you can't run them all eh lol.

I've actually had enough of Romming for now. Spent over 100hrs of my holiday playing with them 😆
may i know the best battery backup for you? I already tested the nos and having 14 hours sot,and currently using now the evox latest,my problem is that evox is not batter saver hehe getting only 10 hours of sot compare to nos less than 15 hours before, what did you suggest now? is nos having the anx as well?

Reactions: Bryceicle1971

ariefabuzaky

Dec 19, 2013
may i know the best battery backup for you? I already tested the nos and having 14 hours sot,and currently using now the evox latest,my problem is that evox is not batter saver hehe getting only 10 hours of sot compare to nos less than 15 hours before, what did you suggest now? is nos having the anx as well?
14 hrs SOT on nos, screen refresh rate ?

Reactions: Bryceicle1971

Bryceicle1971

Feb 10, 2016
Christchurch
Agreed. Evox is quite power hungry. Not an issue for me. My only issue really though is how to transfer internal movies an large files to otg storage directly? I cannot do it without a laptop an cable. I think it's always been a Xiaomi weakness. So I don't know if it's Evox?

rudix78

Sep 21, 2015
Kwidzyn
Who tested last build? Lags after unlock should be fixed.
I haven't noticed any lag. Swipe unlock worked and works smoothly.
I would like to report different problem.
Till 2020-11-22 update clock widget (forecastie app) worked properly and always showed the same time as system clock. Since next update I noticed that widget clock not always shows the same time (it's few minutes behind). You need t access widget to get time aligned with system clock.

PS. at home I have two Poco x3 one with newest rom and the other one with 2020-11-22 rom. Both running same forecastie app.

Attachments

jeryll

Dec 23, 2010
Are we good to go in latest nos build with 12.0.7 firmware ? Anyone?
not sure about latest NOS11, but I successfully flashed 20210108 version on 12.0.7 global unencrypted via OFoxBeta, it didn't go well on the first time, needed to restart recovery, on second try it worked...

Reactions: immi803

immi803

Jun 14, 2012
not sure about latest NOS11, but I successfully flashed 20210108 version on 12.0.7 global unencrypted via OFoxBeta, it didn't go well on the first time, needed to restart recovery, on second try it worked...
Unencrypted means you flashed vendor decrypter before flashing rom? You did it with Ofox v6?
Any glitches afterwards?

jeryll

Dec 23, 2010
Unencrypted means you flashed vendor decrypter before flashing rom? You did it with Ofox v6?
Any glitches afterwards?
I am using latest available decrypted fw from this thread. You can use Beta 004 or latest Beta of OFox to flash it, but if you are on encrypted storage, prepare yourself, backup everything on internal storage as you will need to format data before you can use decrypted storage. After you do that, it will be decrypted till you flash original encrypted fw again. Benefits are: you no longer need to format data, simple wipe data is enough when trying new ROM, also media stays there, etc.

Reactions: pnin and immi803

immi803

Jun 14, 2012
I am using latest available decrypted fw from this thread. You can use Beta 004 or latest Beta of OFox to flash it, but if you are on encrypted storage, prepare yourself, backup everything on internal storage as you will need to format data before you can use decrypted storage. After you do that, it will be decrypted till you flash original encrypted fw again. Benefits are: you no longer need to format data, simple wipe data is enough when trying new ROM, also media stays there, etc.
Instead of flashing whole vendor 430 mb, i got this link and vendor decrypter for just a few KB's https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...hing-roms-in-poco-x3-nfc-karna-surya.4196271/

You recommend to flash vendor or this small size flash will do the same?
Thank you for your help

jeryll

Dec 23, 2010
Instead of flashing whole vendor 430 mb, i got this link and vendor decrypter for just a few KB's https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...hing-roms-in-poco-x3-nfc-karna-surya.4196271/

You recommend to flash vendor or this small size flash will do the same?
Thank you for your help
that file size is actually 544 mb, so it's bigger and is Indian fw 12.0.5, you can flash whatever you want, but be prepared to deal with consequences, if you have global version of x3 nfc, you can try it, IIRC I had it flashed at some point and it worked

Last edited:

immi803

Jun 14, 2012
that file size is actually 544 mb, so it's bigger and is Indian fw 12.0.5, you can flash whatever you want, but be prepared to deal with consequences, if you have global version of x3 nfc, you can try it, IIRC I have it flashed at some point and it worked
Last question, apology for OT here, does it have any advantage on performance or anything , other than keeping the data safe and no format need at changing roms

jeryll

Dec 23, 2010
Last question, apology for OT here, does it have any advantage on performance or anything , other than keeping the data safe and no format need at changing roms
sorry, no clue about extra performance, sure there is, because Android doesn't have to encrypt everything you do, but it is measurable? I don't do benchmarks, for me not to do format data is enough as I have a lot of media files ... and I flash a lot of ROMs...