[ROM] ► [11.0] ► Nitrogen OS Beta

Search This thread

rudix78

Sep 21, 2015
Kwidzyn
Stop spamming in the thread. I wrote how to fix.
Sorry but it is not clear enough. You posted new vendor files and new rom. You wrote that me need some kind of miui rom: it would be nice that someone provide download lint to that exact version. Still there is no clear information what to do after. Do we need to install vendor anyway or just a file. It would be really apprecieated if someone wrote step by step instruction how to do it without loosing current phone settings. Thank you in advance.

dramh10

• Mar 9, 2015
    Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
    This ROM above all of the others in this section fulfilled my needs. I use AA with Screen2Auto, and with other ROMs the touch function on the head unit does not work. With this setup it does.

Only OK google detection left to fixed?

hamstein

May 13, 2021
    Tried to flash via twrp and orangefox, both result in pc not being able to access internal storage on device. It show my phone as connected but doesn't show how much storage it has. If I do successfully copy the files to the phone and flash, then reboot. It just shows the poco logo, vibrates briefly, screen shuts off, then the poco logo comes up again. Anybody have any idea what's going on?

rudix78

Sep 21, 2015
    Kwidzyn
    That's what I'm saying for some time. We need step by step instruction on how to safely update to new vendor. So far there is none, people are confused, make installation errors and get frustrated. I'm asking again is there at least one person who managed to upgrade to new vendor without loosing phone data and settings? If no, is there at least one person that managed to upgrade but lost all data. Can that person provide instruction what files, from where, in which order to install?

hamstein

May 13, 2021
    Tried to flash via twrp and orangefox, both result in pc not being able to access internal storage on device. It show my phone as connected but doesn't show how much storage it has. If I do successfully copy the files to the phone and flash, then reboot. It just shows the poco logo, vibrates briefly, screen shuts off, then the poco logo comes up again. Anybody have any idea what's going on?
    Ok so apparently I had the wrong firmware. Flashed Miui 12.0.3.0 using MiFlash which worked fine, booted in to orangefox, followed the steps to flash nitrogen, orangefox says install worked. Then on reboot in to system it just boots up MIUI again.

Anybody got any advice?

hamstein

May 13, 2021
    Ok so apparently I had the wrong firmware. Flashed Miui 12.0.3.0 using MiFlash which worked fine, booted in to orangefox, followed the steps to flash nitrogen, orangefox says install worked. Then on reboot in to system it just boots up MIUI again.

Anybody got any advice?
    Ok so I might be the dumbest man alive. I've been flashing the 12.0.3 firmware linked in the post assuming that was the NitrogenOS ROM. SO I went and dug up the download link for the actual Nitrogen OS. Am I missing something in the post because I cannot find the ROM anywhere in the links posted.

hamstein

May 13, 2021
    Ok so I might be the dumbest man alive. I've been flashing the 12.0.3 firmware linked in the post assuming that was the NitrogenOS ROM. SO I went and dug up the download link for the actual Nitrogen OS. Am I missing something in the post because I cannot find the ROM anywhere in the links posted.
    New issue. Got the right firmware, got the right nitrogenOS now I get-
    assert failed: update_dynamic_partitions(package_extract_file("dynamic_partitions_op_list"))
    Updater Process ended with ERROR: 1

Ideas anyone? Can't find anything when looking up the error.

hamstein

May 13, 2021
    Oh. I thought Xiaomi's users can flash ROM without spamming. Sorry. I was wrong. If you can't flash something, use MIUI. And you will be happy.
    It's not "spamming" it's updating, pretty common for anyone who regularly uses tech forums. I've got ArrowOS flashed just fine, it's only NitrogenOS I'm having issues with. You could also stop the "spamming" by providing basic instructions, or answering a single question in this thread, or structuring your current instructions in such a way that they work in the order described, or have your links lead to the correct files. Anything like that would help stop what must be such a massive inconvenience when people ask a question. Or you could just continue to leave it as obscure as possible and minimize the amount of users, making all of your extremely hard work completely useless.

xyyx

Sep 3, 2013
    Irkutsk
    It's not "spamming" it's updating, pretty common for anyone who regularly uses tech forums. I've got ArrowOS flashed just fine, it's only NitrogenOS I'm having issues with. You could also stop the "spamming" by providing basic instructions, or answering a single question in this thread, or structuring your current instructions in such a way that they work in the order described, or have your links lead to the correct files. Anything like that would help stop what must be such a massive inconvenience when people ask a question. Or you could just continue to leave it as obscure as possible and minimize the amount of users, making all of your extremely hard work completely useless.
    Dude, I wrote how to flash. If you don't understand. I am sorry. It's your trouble. I don't have any profits from this thread and ROM. And i don't bother about users. I provide it AS-IS.

hamstein

May 13, 2021
    Dude, I wrote how to flash. If you don't understand. I am sorry. It's your trouble. I don't have any profits from this thread and ROM. And i don't bother about users. I provide it AS-IS.
    So why are you complaining about people trying to trouble shoot on the forum for the thing they're trying to trouble shoot? If you're so disinterested why does it bother you?

mizuhored

Mar 6, 2015
    I would like to ask what version of gapps should I use? any link for gapps to use? I tried checking the opengapps but it only gives me up version 10 and below only.
    any links for gapps to download will be appreciated thank you very much

le_zurdo

I would like to ask what version of gapps should I use? any link for gapps to use? I tried checking the opengapps but it only gives me up version 10 and below only.
    I haven't tried Nitrogen OS but for other custom roms I have been flashing FlameGapps and it works without issue

Reactions: jollfye

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Install the latest MIUI recovery ROM which contains the new A11 Vendor. After which install this ROM and make sure to format /data partition afterwards.
      This way we will not preserve phone settings and installed apps am I right?. What about new vendor v.7 Xyyx uploaded together with NOS rom. Not needed? Why he bothered to upload it. For firmware v.3 we needed it.
      Just saw the new testing ROM uploaded today. Can this be dirty flashed over previous versions safely?
      I compiled two builds: 12.0.8 based and 12.1.0 Global. Both builds work over old 11x based without trouble.
      I haven't tried Nitrogen OS but for other custom roms I have been flashing FlameGapps and it works without issue
      I just dirty flashed. Nothing else.
      What did you dirty flash? Xyyx said that you need to install miui rom first because it contains new partition. You dirty flashed new A11 vendor and new noitrogen rom on top of A10 vendor and march NItrogenOS? Can you provide more details.
      Hi. I have done all the steps as you said, but I always get error "Android Setup keeps stopping" on first boot. I've tried using different Gapps (Flame, Nik and Open) but none of them seem to solve the issue.

Did I do something wrong?

Pardon me for bad English
      Use Nikgapps Core. It doesn't include the setup wizard screen. Just download the other google apps from the playstore.
      nitrogen_accent.png

SELinux in permissive mode.
      Please, stop posting your wishes. No features requests

mSx8lRG.png

Based on AOSP

ZpXJzKd.png

xyyx (Max) - main developer

IxVVRiE.png

Install firmware from https://sourceforge.net/projects/nitrogen-project/files/surya/10.0/firmware+vendor/surya_firmware_vendor-Global_V12.0.3.0.QJGMIXM_e2c7ace186_10.0.zip/download
      Copy the ROM, Gapps to SD card. (Android 11 Micro-SD, because TWRP doesn't support decrypting)
      • Go to your recovery
      • Format Data
      • Install ROM and Gapps zip.
      • Reboot - 1st boot takes around 5-10 minutes.
      Enjoy

FAQ

C8vWqi4.png

Testing versions Android 11 HERE

f9K0L2y.png

If you like my ROM, you can support me.
      xyyx: PayPal

NnOP1ox.png

Nitrogen Project

Known Bugs:
      * Selinux

XDA:DevDB Information
      [ROM] ► [11.0] ► Nitrogen OS Beta, ROM for the Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC

Contributors
      xyyx
      ROM OS Version: Android 11
      ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14
      Based On: AOSP, CM, Pure, DU, OmniROM

Version Information
      Testing

Created 2020-10-06
      Last Updated 2020-10-30
      Uploaded new build. New TAG.
      Oh. I thought Xiaomi's users can flash ROM without spamming. Sorry. I was wrong. If you can't flash something, use MIUI. And you will be happy.
      Was uploaded alpha build based on A11 vendor. Seems no profit after migrate. You need to format data.
      So why are you complaining about people trying to trouble shoot on the forum for the thing they're trying to trouble shoot? If you're so disinterested why does it bother you?
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone