• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM] ► [11.0] ► Nitrogen OS Beta

Search This thread

Revontheus

Aug 1, 2013
cycling/studying or asleep
What did you dirty flash? Xyyx said that you need to install miui rom first because it contains new partition. You dirty flashed new A11 vendor and new noitrogen rom on top of A10 vendor and march NItrogenOS? Can you provide more details.
Install the latest MIUI recovery ROM which contains the new A11 Vendor. After which install this ROM and make sure to format /data partition afterwards.

rudix78

Sep 21, 2015
Kwidzyn
Install the latest MIUI recovery ROM which contains the new A11 Vendor. After which install this ROM and make sure to format /data partition afterwards.
This way we will not preserve phone settings and installed apps am I right?. What about new vendor v.7 Xyyx uploaded together with NOS rom. Not needed? Why he bothered to upload it. For firmware v.3 we needed it.

Revontheus

Aug 1, 2013
This way we will not preserve phone settings and installed apps am I right?. What about new vendor v.7 Xyyx uploaded together with NOS rom. Not needed? Why he bothered to upload it. For firmware v.3 we needed it.
Yes. Ensure that you have a BACKUP of your data before using the OSS version. Once again, flash the latest firmware and latest MIUI recovery ROM from xiaomifirmwareupdater. Flash this ROM and format /data afterward.

I would also avoid restoring any recovery images and suggest you manually copy your data.

RogueBanana

May 11, 2017
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Yes. Ensure that you have a BACKUP of your data before using the OSS version. Once again, flash the latest firmware and latest MIUI recovery ROM from xiaomifirmwareupdater. Flash this ROM and format /data afterward.

I would also avoid restoring any recovery images and suggest you manually copy your data.
Hi. I have done all the steps as you said, but I always get error "Android Setup keeps stopping" on first boot. I've tried using different Gapps (Flame, Nik and Open) but none of them seem to solve the issue.

Did I do something wrong?

Pardon me for bad English

Revontheus

Aug 1, 2013
Hi. I have done all the steps as you said, but I always get error "Android Setup keeps stopping" on first boot. I've tried using different Gapps (Flame, Nik and Open) but none of them seem to solve the issue.

Did I do something wrong?

Pardon me for bad English
Use Nikgapps Core. It doesn't include the setup wizard screen. Just download the other google apps from the playstore.

• Love
Reactions: RogueBanana

syscomp

Apr 12, 2017
Payakumbuh
blog.syaifullah.com
First of all,

Thank You to bring this ROM to POCO X3 NFC @xyyx

I know NitrogenOS since I using Kenzo on my daily driver with N Bootanimation.

Last night I tried to flash this ROM without Gapps to find out what inside. I found all I need in that ROM. After completing exploration of this ROM, I start to check the sensor and I found the “Orientation Sensor” is disable.

1.jpg

Until now, I only tried 3 ROM so far, ArrowOS, Pixel Experience Plus, AOSP Extended and NitrogenOS (Last Night). Only PE+ and AOSP Extended have this sensor enable.

After testing the sensor, I tried to flash the gapps using NikGapps but ending with “Google Play Service” not responding and cannot continue the setup.

After reading again in xda, I think I missed one step and will try later

2.jpg

Hope the sensor will bring back in next update ..

xyyx

Sep 3, 2013
Irkutsk
First of all,

Last night I tried to flash this ROM without Gapps to find out what inside. I found all I need in that ROM. After completing exploration of this ROM, I start to check the sensor and I found the “Orientation Sensor” is disable.

View attachment 5335987

Until now, I only tried 3 ROM so far, ArrowOS, Pixel Experience Plus, AOSP Extended and NitrogenOS (Last Night). Only PE+ and AOSP Extended have this sensor enable.

After testing the sensor, I tried to flash the gapps using NikGapps but ending with “Google Play Service” not responding and cannot continue the setup.

View attachment 5335989

I don't know about orientation sensor. All things work in build.

RogueBanana

May 11, 2017
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
First of all,

View attachment 5335987

View attachment 5335989

Hi, I can confirm that the Orientation sensor is properly working in the latest build (12.0.1.0 based)
When I tilt the phone, the small icon appears.
(bottom left)
Screenshot_20210613-080735.png

Thank you @xyyx for the awesome rom
Cheers!

Reactions: jollfye

rudix78

Sep 21, 2015
Kwidzyn
Thank you for your reply, but still I would like to ask few more questions about the update procedure for those sitting still on March NOS ROM.
1. go to https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/ and choose POCO X3 NFC.
2. Do not download Vendor file. Download Firmware (this one global V12.0.1.0.RJGMIXM ?) and ROM (global version? which one? V12.0.1.0.RJGMIXM or V12.0.9.0.QJGMIXM). Does ROM already contains A11 vendor as you wrote above?
3. Install two files in fastboot mode (or differently...how?). First firmware and later ROM itself.
4. At this point I assume we lost custom recovery and we need to reinstall it, correct?
5. Go to custom recovery and install latest NOS ROM. Do not install Xyyx A11 vendor file.
6. Clear data partition.
7. After install start phone and setup phone from the scratch.

Can you validate this install procedure and amend where it needs to be corrected. Thanks in advance.

Greatness_GH

Jul 29, 2012
@xyyx I just want to say thank you very much for these builds. We really appreciate it. Keep it up.

The only bug I've noticed so far is that when I set a live wallpaper as my wallpaper, the "Styles & Wallpapers" feature crash when I try to open it. But the live wallpaper applies successfully though.

The workaround I have is to install Google wallpapers from play store and use that to set a static wallpaper, then I can use "Styles & Wallpapers" again.

Top Liked Posts