• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM] ► [11.0] ► Nitrogen OS Beta

Search This thread

dramh10

Mar 9, 2015
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Thank you for your reply, but still I would like to ask few more questions about the update procedure for those sitting still on March NOS ROM.
1. go to https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/ and choose POCO X3 NFC.
2. Do not download Vendor file. Download Firmware (this one global V12.0.1.0.RJGMIXM ?) and ROM (global version? which one? V12.0.1.0.RJGMIXM or V12.0.9.0.QJGMIXM). Does ROM already contains A11 vendor as you wrote above?
3. Install two files in fastboot mode (or differently...how?). First firmware and later ROM itself.
4. At this point I assume we lost custom recovery and we need to reinstall it, correct?
5. Go to custom recovery and install latest NOS ROM. Do not install Xyyx A11 vendor file.
6. Clear data partition.
7. After install start phone and setup phone from the scratch.

Can you validate this install procedure and amend where it needs to be corrected. Thanks in advance.
I'm on the May ROM. Would the procedure still be the same?

Revontheus

Aug 1, 2013
cycling/studying or asleep
Thank you for your reply, but still I would like to ask few more questions about the update procedure for those sitting still on March NOS ROM.
1. go to https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/ and choose POCO X3 NFC.
2. Do not download Vendor file. Download Firmware (this one global V12.0.1.0.RJGMIXM ?) and ROM (global version? which one? V12.0.1.0.RJGMIXM or V12.0.9.0.QJGMIXM). Does ROM already contains A11 vendor as you wrote above?
3. Install two files in fastboot mode (or differently...how?). First firmware and later ROM itself.
4. At this point I assume we lost custom recovery and we need to reinstall it, correct?
5. Go to custom recovery and install latest NOS ROM. Do not install Xyyx A11 vendor file.
6. Clear data partition.
7. After install start phone and setup phone from the scratch.

Can you validate this install procedure and amend where it needs to be corrected. Thanks in advance.
Everything needs to be corrected. The steps you listed are needlessly complicated. Here are the actual steps.
  1. Download the latest recovery ROM from xiaomifirmwareupdater website.
  2. Download the latest Nitrogen OS
  3. Install the latest TWRP by brigudav, which you can download by checking ArrowOS' first post
  4. Flash the recovery ROM and then flash Nitrogen OS
  5. Download and install Gapps (Optional); if you use Gapps, use FlameGapps or NikGapps only.
  6. Format /data and factory reset

Reactions: jollfye and rudix78

rudix78

Sep 21, 2015
Kwidzyn
Everything needs to be corrected. The steps you listed are needlessly complicated. Here are the actual steps.
  1. Download the latest recovery ROM from xiaomifirmwareupdater website.
  2. Download the latest Nitrogen OS
  3. Install the latest TWRP by brigudav, which you can download by checking ArrowOS' first post
  4. Flash the recovery ROM and then flash Nitrogen OS
  5. Download and install Gapps (Optional); if you use Gapps, use FlameGapps or NikGapps only.
  6. Format /data and factory reset
Do you know why developer apart from his NOS ROM always adds also vendor (latest one vendor_V12.0.1.0.RJGMIXM_95126259ea_11.0.zip)? In your steps you don't mention it at all. On the download website I can clearly see that many people also download that file. Shouldn't we also flash this vendor file?

Maybe there is other method to upgrade without loosing all data?

Revontheus

Aug 1, 2013
Do you know why developer apart from his NOS ROM always adds also vendor (latest one vendor_V12.0.1.0.RJGMIXM_95126259ea_11.0.zip)? In your steps you don't mention it at all. On the download website I can clearly see that many people also download that file. Shouldn't we also flash this vendor file?

Maybe there is other method to upgrade without loosing all data?
That is because, in my steps, the recovery ROM already includes the firmware and vendor. Oftentimes, users forget to update one of those, and it results in a lot of bugs.

naqueebj

Oct 11, 2014
I can answer that! Yes, that is what I have currently.
Thank you! I asked coz I'm getting error on the start up like system UI FC. I tried flashing the latest MIUI recovery rom which is V12.0.1.0.RJGMIXM and then flashing Nitrogen OS which is released on 06-08. What exactly the miui recovery version should I install to get this rom installed correctly?

Revontheus

Aug 1, 2013
Thank you! I asked coz I'm getting error on the start up like system UI FC. I tried flashing the latest MIUI recovery rom which is V12.0.1.0.RJGMIXM and then flashing Nitrogen OS which is released on 06-08. What exactly the miui recovery version should I install to get this rom installed correctly?
You did not follow the proper instructions. Flash the latest recovery ROM, flash NitrogenOS, and then format /data partition.

AcaSia0388

Mar 27, 2016
Is the ROM included with the firmware vendor?

Can I not flash the firmware separately?

Is it based on miui, not oss?

Incoming/outgoing number error, banking app, etc.?

Is there an automatic call recording function?

Revontheus

Aug 1, 2013
Is the ROM included with the firmware vendor?

Can I not flash the firmware separately?

Is it based on miui, not oss?

Incoming/outgoing number error, banking app, etc.?

Is there an automatic call recording function?
It's not based on OSS. Instead, it uses the latest A11 MIUI Vendor.

If you follow the instructions, there should be no problem with banking apps, Netflix, etc.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is there a faster way of unlocking the bootloader. I am looking at 100+ hours of wait.
    no
    Hi, I came from MIUI 12.09. When I flashed Nitrogen, I got an error 1.

I flashed this file vendor_V12.0.1.0.RJGMIXM_95126259ea_11.0.zip, reboot and format storage, I still can't flash Nitrogen.

Help? TIA
    That's because you did not follow the instructions. You are supposed to use the latest TWRP by brigudav which you can download in the ArrowOS first post.
    nitrogen_accent.png

SELinux in permissive mode.
    Please, stop posting your wishes. No features requests

mSx8lRG.png

Based on AOSP

ZpXJzKd.png

xyyx (Max) - main developer

IxVVRiE.png

Install firmware from https://sourceforge.net/projects/nitrogen-project/files/surya/10.0/firmware+vendor/surya_firmware_vendor-Global_V12.0.3.0.QJGMIXM_e2c7ace186_10.0.zip/download
    Copy the ROM, Gapps to SD card. (Android 11 Micro-SD, because TWRP doesn't support decrypting)
    • Go to your recovery
    • Format Data
    • Install ROM and Gapps zip.
    • Reboot - 1st boot takes around 5-10 minutes.
    Enjoy

FAQ

C8vWqi4.png

Testing versions Android 11 HERE

f9K0L2y.png

If you like my ROM, you can support me.
    xyyx: PayPal

NnOP1ox.png

Nitrogen Project

Known Bugs:
    * Selinux

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] ► [11.0] ► Nitrogen OS Beta, ROM for the Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC

Contributors
    xyyx
    ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14
    Based On: AOSP, CM, Pure, DU, OmniROM

Version Information
    Testing

Created 2020-10-06
    Last Updated 2020-10-30
    Uploaded new build. New TAG.
    Oh. I thought Xiaomi's users can flash ROM without spamming. Sorry. I was wrong. If you can't flash something, use MIUI. And you will be happy.
    It's not "spamming" it's updating, pretty common for anyone who regularly uses tech forums. I've got ArrowOS flashed just fine, it's only NitrogenOS I'm having issues with. You could also stop the "spamming" by providing basic instructions, or answering a single question in this thread, or structuring your current instructions in such a way that they work in the order described, or have your links lead to the correct files. Anything like that would help stop what must be such a massive inconvenience when people ask a question. Or you could just continue to leave it as obscure as possible and minimize the amount of users, making all of your extremely hard work completely useless.
    Was uploaded alpha build based on A11 vendor. Seems no profit after migrate. You need to format data.
    Dude, I wrote how to flash. If you don't understand. I am sorry. It's your trouble. I don't have any profits from this thread and ROM. And i don't bother about users. I provide it AS-IS.
    So why are you complaining about people trying to trouble shoot on the forum for the thing they're trying to trouble shoot? If you're so disinterested why does it bother you?