• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] ► [11.0] ► Nitrogen OS Beta

Search This thread

syscomp

Apr 12, 2017
Payakumbuh
blog.syaifullah.com
Screenshot_20210908-155625.png

I'm not using GPay, but safetynet working normaly in today build with or without root

Last edited:

highdiver_2000

Aug 10, 2012
Hi all,
Got a strange issue when making calls sometimes mic is stopped working...
It's okay when answering calls. Any ideas?
I tested it on ArrowOS and NitrogenOS. Previously I was on really old NitrogenOS like 6 months old.
Google Dialer has this issue. Not sure if 3rd party dialler still work. They stopped working from 9 onwards.

[armitage]

Nov 26, 2010
After not having updated my Phone in a loong time (since 12.0.3 base version), I went on quite a trip yesterday. :D Had to find out the hard way that you can't just flash 12.5.1 and you had to use 12.0.7 first. Anyway, happy to have my favourite ROM now on Android 12 and for the first couple of updates this seems really solid so far. Some bugs and glitches here and there, but that's probably down to a couple of apps not being optimized for it yet.

@xyyx
I know it's really early in the development yet and that nitrogen features will be added in time, but just two questions. Could you please add the 2 Button navigation bar as well and as we don't really know when or if monet ( the theme engine/color picker) will be added to aosp, is there any chance you could implement krag0n's version of it (commits) ? Anyway, great work as always and I'm so grateful that you keep developing for this device.

Edit: Oh and ( I know features will come in time) if the power button would have the option to go to fastboot and recovery would be amazing, as well. :)

Edit2: Safetynet fails completely as well. Rooted with latest magisk canary, even if I hide the magisk app (rename), or freeze it.
But I guess this it what happens when you use software this early in its development, so not a real problem, but I thought I'd mention it.

Last edited:
Reactions: highdiver_2000

highdiver_2000

Aug 10, 2012
After not having updated my Phone in a loong time (since 12.0.3 base version), I went on quite a trip yesterday. :D Had to find out the hard way that you can't just flash 12.5.1 and you had to use 12.0.7 first. Anyway, happy to have my favourite ROM now on Android 12 and for the first couple of updates this seems really solid so far. Some bugs and glitches here and there, but that's probably down to a couple of apps not being optimized for it yet.

@xyyx
I know it's really early in the development yet and that nitrogen features will be added in time, but just two questions. Could you please add the 2 Button navigation bar as well and as we don't really know when or if monet ( the theme engine/color picker) will be added to aosp, is there any chance you could implement krag0n's version of it (commits) ? Anyway, great work as always and I'm so grateful that you keep developing for this device.

Edit: Oh and ( I know features will come in time) if the power button would have the option to go to fastboot and recovery would be amazing, as well. :)

Edit2: Safetynet fails completely as well. Rooted with latest magisk canary, even if I hide the magisk app (rename), or freeze it.
But I guess this it what happens when you use software this early in its development, so not a real problem, but I thought I'd mention it.
Hi, Is the UI different? How do you find it?

noskojv

Apr 19, 2012
Russia

@xyyx

2 Button navigation magisk

Attachments

• 2Button.zip
    8.4 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: [armitage]

Tarun217

Nov 25, 2017
I'm facing this bug in almost every keyboard that I've tried on a12 build.
Whenever i open a keyboard to type anything and press volume button.. it crashes..
Even when I'm in gboard settings ui and press volume keys.. the app crashes and also monet not working on gboard as of now.
Screenshot_20211104-011052.png

Reactions: highdiver_2000

highdiver_2000

Aug 10, 2012
Hi, I flashed Android 11, Oct 6 build.

Now I have no sound, no wifi and I can't make any phones calls. I have flashed the following file and it is still the same.

Mobile data works though. Which is weird

"vendor_V12.0.1.0.RJGMIXM_95126259ea_11.0.zip"

Edit:
Fixed by flashing the following in SourceForge

vendor_SURYAGlobal_V12.5.1.0.RJGMIXM_e3b8205e7f_11.0.zip

Help!!
TIA

Last edited:

[armitage]

Nov 26, 2010
Two more things to put on the list. 😁
When calling some, not every time, it rings for a split second and then there's silence till the other person pics up, but you can't tell at all that the calling attempt is still going on. (thinking out loud : maybe a problem with volte, because it only happens when calling another mobile phone).
And when speaker is already activated when starting a call the other person will hear me echoed/double. You either have to start the call without it being on speaker right away, or deactivate it and activate it again.
Oh and settings/battery/battery manager crashes.

[armitage]

Nov 26, 2010
I know, the guy has a real life and this is just something he does on the side and for free (which I'm really grateful for), but as he hasn't been online in 2 weeks... Does anyone know if @xyyx is maybe more active on telegram, or anywhere else?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know, the guy has a real life and this is just something he does on the side and for free (which I'm really grateful for), but as he hasn't been online in 2 weeks... Does anyone know if @xyyx is maybe more active on telegram, or anywhere else?
    Don't worry) I just had moving to another city) I am waiting my PC for continue working on Nitrogen.
    I tried with and without that option and with swiftkeyboard and the default keyboard. Whenever I press the volume rocker several times while a keyboard is active, it Force closed. Of course it's fine to use as long as you don't use the volume rocker, but this problem makes the "move cursor with volume rocker" option (which is quite handy at times) unusable.
    That being said. the is the problem as it happend in all the latest version. I'm now about to install the latest one. Just wanted to describe the problem in detail, if that helps.

Btw, thank you so much for the update. was locking forward to it. :)
    Give me logcat. I use this option without any troubles every day
    Yeah, same with SwiftKey here. Thought it was a problem with the app, guess it's not.
    Two more things to put on the list. 😁
    When calling some, not every time, it rings for a split second and then there's silence till the other person pics up, but you can't tell at all that the calling attempt is still going on. (thinking out loud : maybe a problem with volte, because it only happens when calling another mobile phone).
    And when speaker is already activated when starting a call the other person will hear me echoed/double. You either have to start the call without it being on speaker right away, or deactivate it and activate it again.
    Oh and settings/battery/battery manager crashes.
    Same here. Best make a logcat if you have the time, so xyyx can take a look at it. I would, but it's late here and I'm tired. :D
    Sure man.. No problem..
    Here's the logcat for Battery Manager crash issue. @xyyx
    nitrogen_accent.png

SELinux in permissive mode.
    Please, stop posting your wishes. No features requests

mSx8lRG.png

Based on AOSP

ZpXJzKd.png

xyyx (Max) - main developer

IxVVRiE.png

Install firmware from https://sourceforge.net/projects/nitrogen-project/files/surya/10.0/firmware+vendor/surya_firmware_vendor-Global_V12.0.3.0.QJGMIXM_e2c7ace186_10.0.zip/download
    Copy the ROM, Gapps to SD card. (Android 11 Micro-SD, because TWRP doesn't support decrypting)
    • Go to your recovery
    • Format Data
    • Install ROM and Gapps zip.
    • Reboot - 1st boot takes around 5-10 minutes.
    Enjoy

FAQ

C8vWqi4.png

Testing versions Android 11 HERE

f9K0L2y.png

If you like my ROM, you can support me.
    xyyx: PayPal

NnOP1ox.png

Nitrogen Project

Known Bugs:
    * Selinux

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] ► [11.0] ► Nitrogen OS Beta, ROM for the Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC

Contributors
    xyyx
    ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14
    Based On: AOSP, CM, Pure, DU, OmniROM

Version Information
    Testing

Created 2020-10-06
    Last Updated 2020-10-30
    Uploaded new build. New TAG.
    Oh. I thought Xiaomi's users can flash ROM without spamming. Sorry. I was wrong. If you can't flash something, use MIUI. And you will be happy.
    It's not "spamming" it's updating, pretty common for anyone who regularly uses tech forums. I've got ArrowOS flashed just fine, it's only NitrogenOS I'm having issues with. You could also stop the "spamming" by providing basic instructions, or answering a single question in this thread, or structuring your current instructions in such a way that they work in the order described, or have your links lead to the correct files. Anything like that would help stop what must be such a massive inconvenience when people ask a question. Or you could just continue to leave it as obscure as possible and minimize the amount of users, making all of your extremely hard work completely useless.
    That's what I'm saying for some time. We need step by step instruction on how to safely update to new vendor. So far there is none, people are confused, make installation errors and get frustrated. I'm asking again is there at least one person who managed to upgrade to new vendor without loosing phone data and settings? If no, is there at least one person that managed to upgrade but lost all data. Can that person provide instruction what files, from where, in which order to install?
    Was uploaded alpha build based on A11 vendor. Seems no profit after migrate. You need to format data.