• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] ► [11.0] ► Nitrogen OS Beta

Search This thread

xyyx

Sep 3, 2013
Irkutsk
No idea what I'm doing wrong here. I reflashed the latest Rom to get rid of the magisk canary, rebooted, without installing your magisk Version and safety net passed. Went back to recovery, flashed your magisk Version, rebooted and safety net failed. I tried the magisk hide Option, tried to freeze the magisk Manager App, nothing helped.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211125-121255.png
    Screenshot_20211125-121255.png
    178.1 KB · Views: 22
Reactions: [armitage]

[armitage]

Nov 26, 2010
Ok, first Problem was that my magisk Manager was to New and didn't even have a hide/deny Option anymore, or else I would have tried that already without anoying you again. 😁 I installed the Manager alpha Version now that has the deny Option and appologies for probably being an idiot again 😁... It doesn't show me any System Apps. So google play services doesn't even show up and I cant deny it.

xyyx

Sep 3, 2013
Irkutsk
Ok, first Problem was that my magisk Manager was to New and didn't even have a hide/deny Option anymore, or else I would have tried that already without anoying you again. 😁 I installed the Manager alpha Version now that has the deny Option and appologies for probably being an idiot again 😁... It doesn't show me any System Apps. So google play services doesn't even show up and I cant deny it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211125-133539.png
    Screenshot_20211125-133539.png
    198.9 KB · Views: 18

Tarun217

Nov 25, 2017
Try latest canary with two modules.

Magiskhide props.
Safety net fix 2.2 by kdragon ( works with zygisk too )

It'll easily pass all tests.
Screenshot_20211125-175135.png
Screenshot_20211125-175145.png

[armitage]

Nov 26, 2010
You probably already think... "What an Idiot". :D
I really appreciate you taking the time to help me with this problem, which was obviously caused by me being a bit dense. :D
The final problem was that, I don't know why, with the same version you posted, it looks a little different here, as there are no three dots in the upper right corner (which I was looking for). Anyway, found the option in the lower right, which I though was just for search. Of course it works now and I again thank you for your time an patience.

Edit: Thank you Tarun217. I'll keep that in mind when I switch to the latest magisk version. :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211125-142702.png
    Screenshot_20211125-142702.png
    286 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: Tarun217

Tarun217

Nov 25, 2017
I actually kinda like that one. Wish it was an Option to have the notification shade transparent all the time. 😄
Anyway, it mostly happens when you pull down notifications All the way and then change the brightness. Happens in all a12 Roms afaik.
But atleast it should have a slight fading effect to it so that notification panel differentiate from other ui elements (like a11) 😂
Its all blending in right now..

Tarun217

Nov 25, 2017
I don't know if vendor affects sound too in nos but if it does.. sound output is really great on miui 12.5.4 and fingerprint response has improved too 😊 Hoping for next builds based on it.

[armitage]

Nov 26, 2010
I don't know if vendor affects sound too in nos but if it does.. sound output is really great on miui 12.5.4 and fingerprint response has improved too 😊 Hoping for next builds based on it.
I mean, I believe you, but god please no! I don't wanna have to Format data and reinstall my banking App again, which needs complete New login data that you have to get in the Mail, everytime it is reinstalled. I hope we stay on this one for a long while tbh. 😊

Reactions: Tarun217

SkaboXD

Jan 18, 2017
Ganja
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
I mean, I believe you, but god please no! I don't wanna have to Format data and reinstall my banking App again, which needs complete New login data that you have to get in the Mail, everytime it is reinstalled. I hope we stay on this one for a long while tbh. 😊
You stayed faithful from beggining with NOS while I did not. I betrayed xyyx for ArrowOS. Well done my friend!

Tarun217

Nov 25, 2017
Cool 😂 can you try one thing ? Tap on battery manager in battery settings.. check if its working.
Its crashing over here.

Tarun217

Nov 25, 2017
Meanwhile.. there are two things which I'd like to address-
1. It'd be nice if rom ships with Phone app set as default. Currently its set to 'No'.
2. HD playback doesn't work in amazon prime video (even though widevine certificate is L1 ), while it seems to work on many other roms. If it comes under your priority, make sure to look into it ☺️

Thanks as always.

Tarun217

Nov 25, 2017
Hey dev.. i know its too early to ask but can you add Aptx adaptive and other Bluetooth codecs please ?

rudix78

Sep 21, 2015
Kwidzyn
I'm still on A11 build, but today installed A12 on the other phone. First flashing Miui 12.5.4 rom and after latest NOS 25112021 (format data, factory reset) and to my surprise phone booted with preinstalled GAAPS. I'm non GAAPS user, will it stay that way for NOS12 or there will some clean build updates in the future?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know, the guy has a real life and this is just something he does on the side and for free (which I'm really grateful for), but as he hasn't been online in 2 weeks... Does anyone know if @xyyx is maybe more active on telegram, or anywhere else?
    Don't worry) I just had moving to another city) I am waiting my PC for continue working on Nitrogen.
    Two more things to put on the list. 😁
    When calling some, not every time, it rings for a split second and then there's silence till the other person pics up, but you can't tell at all that the calling attempt is still going on. (thinking out loud : maybe a problem with volte, because it only happens when calling another mobile phone).
    And when speaker is already activated when starting a call the other person will hear me echoed/double. You either have to start the call without it being on speaker right away, or deactivate it and activate it again.
    Oh and settings/battery/battery manager crashes.
    I tried with and without that option and with swiftkeyboard and the default keyboard. Whenever I press the volume rocker several times while a keyboard is active, it Force closed. Of course it's fine to use as long as you don't use the volume rocker, but this problem makes the "move cursor with volume rocker" option (which is quite handy at times) unusable.
    That being said. the is the problem as it happend in all the latest version. I'm now about to install the latest one. Just wanted to describe the problem in detail, if that helps.

Btw, thank you so much for the update. was locking forward to it. :)
    Give me logcat. I use this option without any troubles every day
    I really appreciate you taking the time to let us know what's up and good to hear that you are ok. :)
    Good luck in the new place and really... Thank you for your work!
    HI.. It is good to know that you are okay... I have a question though... Will you switch to OSS vendor in future? Like there are no A11 kernel sources released by Xiaomi yet. On OSS we can switch to any kernel we want...
    No. Will use prebuilt. But A12 kernel from sources.
    nitrogen_accent.png

SELinux in permissive mode.
    Please, stop posting your wishes. No features requests

mSx8lRG.png

Based on AOSP

ZpXJzKd.png

xyyx (Max) - main developer

IxVVRiE.png

Install firmware from https://sourceforge.net/projects/nitrogen-project/files/surya/10.0/firmware+vendor/surya_firmware_vendor-Global_V12.0.3.0.QJGMIXM_e2c7ace186_10.0.zip/download
    Copy the ROM, Gapps to SD card. (Android 11 Micro-SD, because TWRP doesn't support decrypting)
    • Go to your recovery
    • Format Data
    • Install ROM and Gapps zip.
    • Reboot - 1st boot takes around 5-10 minutes.
    Enjoy

FAQ

C8vWqi4.png

Testing versions Android 11 HERE

f9K0L2y.png

If you like my ROM, you can support me.
    xyyx: PayPal

NnOP1ox.png

Nitrogen Project

Known Bugs:
    * Selinux

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] ► [11.0] ► Nitrogen OS Beta, ROM for the Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC

Contributors
    xyyx
    ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14
    Based On: AOSP, CM, Pure, DU, OmniROM

Version Information
    Testing

Created 2020-10-06
    Last Updated 2020-10-30
    Uploaded new build. New TAG.
    Oh. I thought Xiaomi's users can flash ROM without spamming. Sorry. I was wrong. If you can't flash something, use MIUI. And you will be happy.
    It's not "spamming" it's updating, pretty common for anyone who regularly uses tech forums. I've got ArrowOS flashed just fine, it's only NitrogenOS I'm having issues with. You could also stop the "spamming" by providing basic instructions, or answering a single question in this thread, or structuring your current instructions in such a way that they work in the order described, or have your links lead to the correct files. Anything like that would help stop what must be such a massive inconvenience when people ask a question. Or you could just continue to leave it as obscure as possible and minimize the amount of users, making all of your extremely hard work completely useless.
    That's what I'm saying for some time. We need step by step instruction on how to safely update to new vendor. So far there is none, people are confused, make installation errors and get frustrated. I'm asking again is there at least one person who managed to upgrade to new vendor without loosing phone data and settings? If no, is there at least one person that managed to upgrade but lost all data. Can that person provide instruction what files, from where, in which order to install?
    Was uploaded alpha build based on A11 vendor. Seems no profit after migrate. You need to format data.