[Discontinued][ROM][11.0][OFFICAL] AICP 16.1 [Albus]

Search This thread

ozlacs

Oct 31, 2015
Italy
Well if you can't get me a logcat or console-ramoops there ain't much i can do. Specially weird considering you are the only one reporting this to me. What albus variant do you have?

Ok tell me how to make logcat or other, I'll be happy to help you.
I have a linux system and can use adb
It's a xt1710-09

Thanks

kontemp

Nov 8, 2019
Ok tell me how to make logcat or other, I'll be happy to help you.
I have a linux system and can use adb
It's a xt1710-09

Thanks
ozlacs, in my opinion you should start from scratch: flash 9.0 firmware, perform full wipeout, and then flash this rom.
I've tried partial flashing like described a couple of posts ago, or changing roms without total wipe - and always it resulted in some bizarre system behaviour. I'm on this AICP right now, and it started to work flawlessly just after flashing 9, format, and then flash rom. Before that strange things happened: the screen woke up without any reason, device hang from time to time - stuff like that.

My advice: get some free time, make backups - and up up in the waaay! ;) You should be pleased with results.

@marcost22 :
battery consumption stabilized on 4% per night on my device. Which is not awesome, but acceptable :) Great job with this rom - it is fluent, looks great, no hickups and any misbehaviour - thanks for your work!

ozlacs

Oct 31, 2015
Italy
ozlacs, in my opinion you should start from scratch: flash 9.0 firmware, perform full wipeout, and then flash this rom.
I've tried partial flashing like described a couple of posts ago, or changing roms without total wipe - and always it resulted in some bizarre system behaviour. I'm on this AICP right now, and it started to work flawlessly just after flashing 9, format, and then flash rom. Before that strange things happened: the screen woke up without any reason, device hang from time to time - stuff like that.

My advice: get some free time, make backups - and up up in the waaay! ;) You should be pleased with results.

Maybe you're right.
I tried once to do it some time ago, but it didn't work and I still don't understand how I got it started again :D
Possibly what guide to follow to flash stock pie?

@marcost22
just happened again, trying to hide a notification.
I immediately connected to the pc and made a logcat with this command:
Code:
adb logcat -b all >logcat.txt

I hope it will be useful

Attachments

• logcat.zip
    217.1 KB · Views: 5

ozlacs

Oct 31, 2015
Italy

Maybe you're right.
I tried once to do it some time ago, but it didn't work and I still don't understand how I got it started again :D

@marcost22
Code:

I hope it will be useful

Attachments

• logcat.zip
    217.1 KB · Views: 2

marcost22

Jun 26, 2019
Moto Z Play
Moto Z2 Play
Maybe you're right.

@marcost22
Code:

I hope it will be useful
It's just a clean logcat from the reboot. You can try and pull /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops-0, but if it wasn't a kernel issue it wont show up

@marcost22 :
battery consumption stabilized on 4% per night on my device. Which is not awesome, but acceptable :) Great job with this rom - it is fluent, looks great, no hickups and any misbehaviour - thanks for your work!
Hm, 4% still? Have you been able to check what the wakelocks are?

kontemp

Nov 8, 2019
It's just a clean logcat from the reboot. You can try and pull /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops-0, but if it wasn't a kernel issue it wont show up

Hm, 4% still? Have you been able to check what the wakelocks are?
Yep, 4%... Somehow my Z2 doesn't want to cooperate with BBS, I've sent you on priv some time ago everything I managed to get from it. Apparently I couldn't get any kernel wakelocks, only partial wakelocks - see our conversation 'about peeking' :)

kontemp

Nov 8, 2019
Same here: xt1710-09, so the chances are good I guess.
But of course no one will give you a guarantee :)

Reactions: ozlacs

marcost22

Jun 26, 2019
Moto Z Play
Moto Z2 Play
I don't find console-ramoops-0 file, but console-ramoops, dmesg-ramoops-0, are these?
Yeah, that works. Weirdly a usb BUG; if going back fully to P doesn't fix it do let me know and send me another pair of these, i'll try to issue a patch if so. Is there anything in common with all the crashes? Maybe they all happened while charging or something? The weirdest thing is that it's acting like it hasn't got any memory. Have you by chance done any kernel tweaking on this?

marcost22

Jun 26, 2019
Moto Z Play
Moto Z2 Play
Yep, 4%... Somehow my Z2 doesn't want to cooperate with BBS, I've sent you on priv some time ago everything I managed to get from it. Apparently I couldn't get any kernel wakelocks, only partial wakelocks - see our conversation 'about peeking' :)
I know, still, without wakelocks i can't do that much. On my front apart from my work app that holds an alarm 24/7 i don't have many wakelocks anymore

ozlacs

Oct 31, 2015
Italy
Yeah, that works. Weirdly a usb BUG; if going back fully to P doesn't fix it do let me know and send me another pair of these, i'll try to issue a patch if so. Is there anything in common with all the crashes? Maybe they all happened while charging or something? The weirdest thing is that it's acting like it hasn't got any memory. Have you by chance done any kernel tweaking on this?

No kernel tweaking, I don't touch it.
And no, it's never happened charging or using usb.

Until this morning. About an hour ago I woke up, disconnected the phone from the charger, regardless of what happened.
A few minutes later, trying to unlock the screen, I notice it's powered off. I think it happened when I disconnected, because a few minutes before, under charge, it was on because I turned off the alarm and watch some notifications.

I have attacched new ramoops files

Attachments

• ramoops_new.zip
    54.1 KB · Views: 4

kontemp

Nov 8, 2019
I know, still, without wakelocks i can't do that much. On my front apart from my work app that holds an alarm 24/7 i don't have many wakelocks anymore

Got it. But yesterday evening in:
'System - Programmer Options - Wakelock Blocker'
I've checked these positions:

ActivityManager-Sleep
AnyMotionDetector
TikTokWorker#com.google.apps.tiktok.sync.impl.workmanager.SyncWorker startWork()
com.whatsapp:backupdb
com.whatsapp:fullsync
deviceidle_maint

And guess what: tonight battery usage was 1% 😁

Question 1: can checking any of them destabilize system behaviour?

Question 2: tiktokworker? I don't use tiktok, how is this process part of my system?

meelten

Nov 21, 2018
Reactions: ozlacs

ozlacs

Oct 31, 2015
Italy
@marcost22

just happened again.
this time trying to close an app via navbar recent apps button.
obviously at reboot battery dropped to 4% from about 60% and poweroff :D

Attachments

• ramoops_halloween.zip
    71.8 KB · Views: 5

marcost22

Jun 26, 2019
Moto Z Play
Moto Z2 Play
@marcost22

just happened again.
this time trying to close an app via navbar recent apps button.
obviously at reboot battery dropped to 4% from about 60% and poweroff :D
It's still that same usb stuff, i don't get it. I've been completely unable to reproduce this even trying to fill the ram by hand. Either you've got a bad charger or your ram is somehow bad. I will continue to look into this however

ozlacs

Oct 31, 2015
Italy
It's still that same usb stuff, i don't get it. I've been completely unable to reproduce this even trying to fill the ram by hand. Either you've got a bad charger or your ram is somehow bad. I will continue to look into this however

ok, but when it happens usb it is not connected.
can i test the ram somehow?

kontemp

Nov 8, 2019
Got it. But yesterday evening in:
'System - Programmer Options - Wakelock Blocker'
I've checked these positions:

ActivityManager-Sleep
AnyMotionDetector
TikTokWorker#com.google.apps.tiktok.sync.impl.workmanager.SyncWorker startWork()
com.whatsapp:backupdb
com.whatsapp:fullsync
deviceidle_maint

And guess what: tonight battery usage was 1% 😁

Question 1: can checking any of them destabilize system behaviour?

Question 2: tiktokworker? I don't use tiktok, how is this process part of my system?
Disregard the above...
Last night was again 5%, wakelock blocker didn't work at all.
It is as it is, I guess 😉
BR!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

logo_black.png

AICP
    Android Ice Cold Project

AICP is known by everyone as the "Ice Cold Project" that started on a Desire HD years ago (2012) and since then has evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community that you can find!!!

Until Android Lollipop, the ROM has always been based on AOKP. Unfortunately, since AOKP stopped development (but made a comeback later), we changed our base to CM.
    With the re-brand of CM to LineageOS (LOS), we became LineageOS based with some tweaks from AOSP and then changed to be based on the "Ground Zero Open Source Project" (GZOSP) for Android Pie.
    We changed again for Android Q-R with a base of AOSP repositories and some additions from LineageOS for device-specific repositories.

If there are any bugs we will sort them out if it concerns our codebase. This ROM isn't LineageOS supported, so there is no need to report errors/bugs to them!!

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
     */

features.png

Feature list (rough overview)

credits.png

In the beginning we would like to thank:

GZOSP team
    LineageOS & CM (R.I.P.) team
    @maxwen and the rest of the OmniRom team
    DU team
    Resurrection Remix team
    AOSiP team
    Community

team.png

@LorD ClockaN
    @eyosen
    @semdoc
    @SpiritCroc
    @wartomato
    @Miccia
    plus the rest of the crazy bunch that we call "team"

donations.png

We are paying for servers that build weeklies and everything that comes with this, so EVERY DONATION will really be appreciated and be used to cover those expenses.
    Thank you!!

downloads.png

Latest Stable Release Version 16.1

Download link: https://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/

Please note that official builds will be deleted from our servers every month due to maintenance services.
    Starting with AICP 15 we will be storing a copy of the most recent release here: https://media.aicp-rom.com/vault/.

changelog.png

Full Changelog link: https://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/
    (Just click the changelog button next to the download link in the list of builds available for your device)

issues.png

Camera mods are not and will not be supported

FAQ:
    Before using the ROM:
    Q. Can I have an ETA for the next build?
    A. Yes, just look here to see what day your device is built on.

Q. Does this ROM support custom kernels officially?
    A. No. You can still use them, but the discussion should go in the thread of the respective kernel. We don't offer support for bugs you might encounter while using them!

Q. Does this ROM include GApps or do I have to flash them separately?
    A. No, we do not include prebuilt GApps, because of possible licensing issues with Google Software and because some users do not want GApps preinstalled as they want to use alternative services like MicroG or just prefer flashing a GApps "flavor" of their liking.

Q. Does this ROM use the camera or gallery app from stock?
    A. It depends on the device. In most cases these apps include proprietary libs/code and cannot be included in the device trees on Github or we risk having the ROM banned from Github. In this case, we might try to make them installable (separate from the ROM zip), or we might provide a version of these apps with the ROM that doesn't include any proprietary libs. It's also sometimes the case that these apps are simply not included because we didn't feel the need to do so for the device in question.

Q. Does this ROM have Extended/Scrolling screenshot?
    A. No, extended screenshot was implemented using an app extracted and modified from manufacturer firmware/system images and is proprietary as well. It led to the closing of many ROM's sources on GitHub.

Q. Does this ROM have FaceUnlock?
    A. No, FaceUnlock was also an app extracted and modified from some manufacturers. Even Google removed the Trusted Face (FaceUnlock) feature for security reasons on Android 9.0/10.x. Adding the modified feature did the same to ROM sources as described above.

Q. Can you add (insert favorite weather provider)?
    A. No, we cannot add more weather providers as the implementations change and we (the ROM) now have to pay for most services, and that is not cheap, so we decided to use the best free service that we could find, the only way to add your own is for users to apply for their own API key to use their preferred service.

Q. Does this ROM have private official builds with the above proprietary libs included?
    A. No, we believe in open source software, this way users know what's in the build and can replicate it themselves, all official builds are built on our build servers using the public sources from github and no one can (or would) add their own private sources to the build.

Flashing the ROM:
    Q. What do I need to know before flashing?
    A. Check the flashing instructions...

Q. Can the builds be dirty flashed over each other?
    A. Yes, this is the usual behavior on flashing a new official build by (or using) the build-in updater service.

Q. How do I 'dirty flash' builds?
    A. Wipe the System, Cache, and ART/Dalvik cache. Flash the ROM, GApps (only needed if you wipe the system), your preferred root solution, and reboot. Or just use the OTA app to perform that task for you.

Q. How do I flash kernel builds?
    A1. If it's a .img file, boot into TWRP and go to the install page in TWRP, in the bottom right corner select "install image", select the desired kernel, then select "boot" as the destination, then swipe to flash, then go back to the install screen and install your root method again, if you don't want to lose root and reboot.
    A2. If it's a flashable ZIP, you can flash it together with a ROM update or separately. Go to the install page in TWRP, choose the kernel zip (or add it to the flash queue right after the ROM zip). Then add your root method to the queue if you don't want to lose root. Now swipe to flash and reboot afterward.

Using the ROM:

Q. Do I need to provide a logcat if I'm reporting a bug?
    A. If you want it to be fixed faster (or at all) then yes, you should definitely provide a logcat AND the model name. (Note: Please just link the logcat from your GDrive, Dropbox, etc. Do not post the content here. Thanks.)

Q. How do I get a logcat, what type should I get, and more questions that can conveniently be answered by my pre-determined answer?
    A1. Read this thoroughly. Also, here's a good app for getting logs: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog (Root needed).
    A2. If you are already rooted, you can use the built-in feature to make a logcat and provide that. Just look into the others section on the AICP Extras main page.

instructions.png

The ROM should contain everything you need to enjoy Android R. You don't need to install any Add-ons, simply download the latest ROM and GApps, then follow the flashing instructions and go!
    If you want the device to run the ROM "rooted", you can flash a root solution of your choice after the ROM zip file.

It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing and please avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup (or with any backup/restore app) as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug, restoring regular apps is fine though.
    If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

How to flash for the first time:
    (Again: Don't do it if you don't know!)

1. Download the ROM and GApps and transfer them to your device.
    2. Boot to recovery (TWRP recommended).
    3. Wipe the System, Cache, and Data (you might need to format the data partition!).
    4. Flash the ROM zip file.
    5. Flash the GApps (optional, needed for e.g. Google Playstore to work)
    6. Reboot and set up your device, enable developer settings and in them, OEM unlock/Advanced reboot/USB tethering.
    7. Reboot back into TWRP recovery.
    8. Flash the root solution of your choice (optional).
    9. Reboot your device.
    The procedure may vary from device to device and is a bit different on system updates!

The ROM has GApps persistence in between dirty flashes, so you only have to flash them once! This might differ on AvB Devices.

Currently supported Root Solution:

Magisk stable
    Magisk versions >= 20.4 don't usually need to be flashed on every dirty flash.
    Depending on the device, you may need to flash it every time, unless your maintainer says otherwise, you should be fine.

PREREQUISITE FOR OTA ("Over-The-Air" Updates):
    TWRP recovery is needed to be able to flash using the built-in OTA app.
    Please make sure that you are on the latest TWRP recovery, keep in mind that this could also be an unofficial version!
    On encrypted devices, you will have to enter your PIN/password in TWRP before the process starts.

sources.png

If you want to contribute to AICP, or if you want to see what is being worked on/merged, feel free to visit our Gerrit code review system. (Link is at the bottom!!!)

Kernel source:
    Device tree source:
    Vendor source:

Follow this guide if you want to extract the vendor blobs

ROM & Additional links:
    AICP's Homepage
    AICP Gerrit Code Review
    AICP sources on Github
    AICP Download page for official builds and media content
    AICP Discord Community
    AICP Telegram channel for server notifications on official builds

Contributors:

erfanoabdi, npjohnson, jeferson1979, jarlpenguin

Information:
    ROM OS Version:
    11.x
    Kernel: Linux 3.18.140
    ROM Firmware required: ALBUS_PPS29.133
    STABLE
    Release Date: 09-18-2021

You want to see a "normal" night at the "DEV office", click here!!
    oh alright. i was just curious since i couldnt find any device trees for albus on 12, i think ill try experimenting with gsi, although a full custom rom would be better.
    anyways thanks for all the great work you do on this device, the z2 play would be no where without your work.
    I am working on a 4.9 port, just it's tricky to give timelines. For example, it took me 2 months to get to userspace, 2 weeks to bring up nfc, half of usb, camera, touchscreen,audio. And now it's taking me 3 months to fix the other half of usb and fighting the front camera
    Great!!! It Works!!! Thank you
    Hey guys great work, nice rom!
    I've installed on my old Moto Z2, work very well.
    Only an issue, bluetooth don't work, I can't activate it, it would appear that bt crash when it tries to activate.
    Rom version aicp_albus_r-16.1-WEEKLY-20211016
    Really sounds like your phone is using the old O modem/firmware; all modern Q+ roms require P modem (you just need to flash NON-HLOS.bin from the P RETAIL release)
    Thanks for reply. I'll look for that.
    @marcost22, do you know if there's any way to mock this sensor data or anything like that to avoid this problem?
    I think i could spoof the data in kernel, but i wouldn't recommend doing this; if your battery gets too hot you can just have a fire in your hands. Li-Pol batteries are extremely sensitive to heat which is why these devices have a dedicated battery temp sensor