• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [ROM][11.0][OFFICIAL][ALIOTH/ALIOTHIN] crDroid v7.13 [25.12.2021]

Search This thread

Veiranx

Dec 2, 2020
Moto G Power
Google Pixel 5
Yes my friend. I'm using it that way with FNG.
Awesome! I use FNG as well for my back, home, and recents along the bottom, with activating the Panels app on the right side for app launchers and widgets.

I am currently on Arrow OS and appreciate the stability and fantastic performance, but without root I can't make the Navigation Bar disappear.

One of the biggest things for Arrow OS is its ability to auto restart the modem without crashing the system. Since I am from North America, it happens often enough to be a problem on stock ROM but not Arrow OS.

Is anyone aware of whether crDroid handles the modern the same way? If it does, I'll be switching over for sure!

balgad

Aug 30, 2007
First of all, thanks for this great ROM, I have been using it for months and it works perfectly.

But now I have a problem with the update. If I try to update within the running system, the Updater downloads the 20211024 release, but after choosing the install option it never offers to reboot and install. I tried to install through TWRP too but I got an error message.

Does anybody have an idea what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-11-02-03-54-13.png
    Screenshot_2021-11-02-03-54-13.png
    148.6 KB · Views: 82

raystef66

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jul 2, 2013
ZTE Axon 7
Xiaomi Mi 9
First of all, thanks for this great ROM, I have been using it for months and it works perfectly.

But now I have a problem with the update. If I try to update within the running system, the Updater downloads the 20211024 release, but after choosing the install option it never offers to reboot and install. I tried to install through TWRP too but I got an error message.

Does anybody have an idea what am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Try to fastboot boot vasi_twrp.img again and retry or reflash OD11.17 kernel, boot to system and retry flash.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alvaro Recoba

Veiranx

Dec 2, 2020
Moto G Power
Google Pixel 5
Awesome! I use FNG as well for my back, home, and recents along the bottom, with activating the Panels app on the right side for app launchers and widgets.

I am currently on Arrow OS and appreciate the stability and fantastic performance, but without root I can't make the Navigation Bar disappear.

One of the biggest things for Arrow OS is its ability to auto restart the modem without crashing the system. Since I am from North America, it happens often enough to be a problem on stock ROM but not Arrow OS.

Is anyone aware of whether crDroid handles the modern the same way? If it does, I'll be switching over for sure!
To answer my own question, the answer is: This ROM handles it similarly but maybe not exactly the same.

I've had a few modern crashes while using crDroid (installed it yesterday) and the modem always restarts after a little bit. The difference might be in the speed at which this happens; with Arrow OS I hardly noticed the modem crashing due to it restarting so quickly but crDroid seems to take a bit longer.

Not bad by any means!

Reactions: Shmi117

Hydro24

Sep 17, 2016
Hello,
At some point when I reboot the device, it gets stuck to fastboot, and I can't access the recovery or anything. With the fastboot utility I get
Code:
FAILED (remote: 'Failed to load/authenticate boot image: Load Error')
when flashing TWRP again. I have done everything as told in the latest update post, and the OS worked fine, it just happend sudently aftert some time. The only solution is to flash the stock ROM and start all over again.
It happened to me twice already. Anyone having the same issue ? Where could that come from ?

reannumon123

Jun 15, 2014
Hello, I do not know where to ask this but I frequently used the Google assistant when the screen is off. In the stock ROM I was able to do that but in Xiaomi.eu ROM and this ROM, I couldn't. When going to Google assistant settings, it only says Ok Google will work when the screen is on. Is there a way to enable that feature?

ilbarba77

Oct 10, 2011
Hello, I do not know where to ask this but I frequently used the Google assistant when the screen is off. In the stock ROM I was able to do that but in Xiaomi.eu ROM and this ROM, I couldn't. When going to Google assistant settings, it only says Ok Google will work when the screen is on. Is there a way to enable that feature?
Excuse me, but does ok google with the screen on work for you? on mine it no longer listens to me, even if I play it by pressing the microphone icon, the animation starts. however, the microphone works for audio messages and phone calls

keyoke87

Jun 30, 2014
OnePlus 8T
Apple iPhone 12
Hello,
At some point when I reboot the device, it gets stuck to fastboot, and I can't access the recovery or anything. With the fastboot utility I get
Code:
when flashing TWRP again. I have done everything as told in the latest update post, and the OS worked fine, it just happend sudently aftert some time. The only solution is to flash the stock ROM and start all over again.
It happened to me twice already. Anyone having the same issue ? Where could that come from ?
Boot to twrp, change slot and reboot system

Reactions: immi803

Veiranx

Dec 2, 2020
Moto G Power
Google Pixel 5
Boot to twrp, change slot and reboot system
This fastboot loop just happened to me.

Hello,
Code:
It's happened to me twice now, as well. I am able to get TWRP back by using 'fastboot flash boot twrp-aliothin.img', then rebooting to recovery. Once in TWRP, I have to decrypt storage, then transfer over the 'crDroidAndroid-11.0-20211024-alioth-v7.11.zip' for installation.

Originally, the first install started on Slot B. This time, it went to Slot A. Install succeeded, data is still in tact, though with a few errors. Google's Phone app is missing, Messages does not work properly, and Play Store appears to be malfunctioning. Other apps appear to be fine.

UPDATE1: Play Store was actually not present, so I reinstalled my Open GApps in TWRP. Able to launch it, and am currently attempting to reinstall the Google apps.

UPDATE2: Re-installation succeeded, and the Google apps oddly enough did not lose the data. For example, reinstalled Messages still has my texts without me having to restore a backup, reinstalled Phone still has access to my visual voicemail, GPay has my card set up and ready for Tap to Pay, etc.

While I was able to get seemingly everything back, the fact that this happened in the first place is disturbing. First time, I was on my way to the hospital, rebooted my phone, and got the fastboot loop. I could not get to a computer and was left without a phone until I got back a few hours later; I left my backup phone at home. That time, I wiped everything with restoring to stock ROM. If this keeps happening, I will have to forgo the niceties of crDroid for more stability. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Hydro24

keyoke87

Jun 30, 2014
OnePlus 8T
Apple iPhone 12
This fastboot loop just happened to me.

It's happened to me twice now, as well. I am able to get TWRP back by using 'fastboot flash boot twrp-aliothin.img', then rebooting to recovery. Once in TWRP, I have to decrypt storage, then transfer over the 'crDroidAndroid-11.0-20211024-alioth-v7.11.zip' for installation.

Originally, the first install started on Slot B. This time, it went to Slot A. Install succeeded, data is still in tact, though with a few errors. Google's Phone app is missing, Messages does not work properly, and Play Store appears to be malfunctioning. Other apps appear to be fine.

UPDATE1: Play Store was actually not present, so I reinstalled my Open GApps in TWRP. Able to launch it, and am currently attempting to reinstall the Google apps.

UPDATE2: Re-installation succeeded, and the Google apps oddly enough did not lose the data. For example, reinstalled Messages still has my texts without me having to restore a backup, reinstalled Phone still has access to my visual voicemail, GPay has my card set up and ready for Tap to Pay, etc.

While I was able to get seemingly everything back, the fact that this happened in the first place is disturbing. First time, I was on my way to the hospital, rebooted my phone, and got the fastboot loop. I could not get to a computer and was left without a phone until I got back a few hours later; I left my backup phone at home. That time, I wiped everything with restoring to stock ROM. If this keeps happening, I will have to forgo the niceties of crDroid for more stability. :(
Honestly speaking, i do not have such issues on mine at all. I have been using it for months and it has been stable. I even flash an update in the hospital when wife is giving birth lol.

For UPDATE1 and 2, we have clearly mentioned recommend flame or nik gapps. We did not recommend open gapps or even other gapps due to such reasons. So we dont see this as a problem. If user did not follow what we recommend, there is this much we can do. Sorry about it

And like i mentioned about the fastboot loop, fastboot to recovery, flash twrp to ramdisk, then change slot and reboot system

Last edited:
Reactions: immi803

raystef66

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jul 2, 2013
ZTE Axon 7
Xiaomi Mi 9
:cowboy: FLASHING TIME :cowboy:
NEW crDroid BUILD 08.11.2021

DON'T JUST HIT & RUN .... YOUR APPRECIATION KEEPS MY MOTIVATION ROLLING ;)

crDroid statistics :cool:

crDroid TG Group

SELINUX ENFORCING

crDroidAndroid-11.0-20211108-alioth-v7.12.zip

NOTE :

DIRTY INSTALLATION : (if coming from minimum 09.08 build !)
  • !! to avoid error 1 it's best to fastboot boot vasi_twrp.img initially !!
  • flash rom (inject twrp checked)
  • flash (minimum) firmware 12.5.3 (inject twrp UNchecked) if coming from MIUI 12.5.2 or older, else skip this step
  • optional : flash your preferred gapps package (inject twrp UNchecked)
  • reboot twrp
  • optional : flash magisk 23.0 (inject twrp UNchecked)
  • boot into system and ENJOY !

CLEAN INSTALLATION : (if coming from another rom, stock or whatever...)
  • be on MIUI firmware 12.0.x or 12.5.x (all has been tested) and use 3.5.2_11 twrp (!)
  • fastboot boot (LATEST) twrp (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/recovery-unofficial-twrp-3-5-1-20210702.4300189/) thnx @vasishath
  • flash current TWRP (see instructions on his thread)
  • copy rom etc. to internal or use OTG
  • flash rom (inject twrp checked)
  • flash (minimum) firmware 12.5.3 (inject twrp UNchecked) if coming from MIUI 12.5.2 or older, else skip this step
  • optional : flash your preferred gapps package (inject twrp UNchecked)
  • reboot twrp
  • optional : flash magisk 23.0 (inject twrp UNchecked)
  • format data
  • boot into system and ENJOY !

====================
08-11-2021
====================

* updated to crDroid 7.12 code
* updated to sec. patch level 2021.11.05
* kernel upstreamed to 4.19.216 Optimus_Drunk V11.24
* added build-in proximity checkbox on dialer
* updated Screen Attention package
* synced with latest sources
* updated translations
* some other fixes and improvements

TEAM :
@raystef66
@GtrCraft
@immi803
@jomadeto
@keyoke87

Optimus Drunk Alioth : https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/kernel-alioth-optimus-drunk-kernel-v11-2-09-07.4302055/

YT installation vid :
thnx @munchy_cool

Attachments

• Image7072860682529986081.jpg
    Image7072860682529986081.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

Ale-Ale

Sep 21, 2021
Thanks for the update! I've flashed it now with Nebrassy's TWRP and it works, as always

Has anyone tried the long screenshot feature? It seems to stop after only one automatic scroll - is it normal?

Top Liked Posts