• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [ROM][11.0][OFFICIAL][ALIOTH/ALIOTHIN] crDroid v7.13 [25.12.2021]

Search This thread

keyoke87

Jun 30, 2014
OnePlus 8T
Apple iPhone 12
So should I just flash the update from recovery?
Also, why do you have an OTA app, if you don't support it's usage? It worked perfectly until now and I have no idea why it's giving me an error now.
OTA only works with AOSP recovery.

Our dirty flash guide mentioned clearly to use TWRP. So to save you from all these troubleshooting, I will strongly encourage you to flash via TWRP

I have no idea what is happening on your phone either as I have no visibility over it

Reactions: fadedave

Techguy777

I seen on telegram something about call recording. Does call recording work and if so is it as good as EU roms call recording?

Another quick question when in fastboot mode it shows on adb and miflash but I thought it loaded the phone up in my PC like it does in recovery to transfer files but it's not doing it anymore or it never did and I'm remembering wrong?

raystef66

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jul 2, 2013
ZTE Axon 7
Xiaomi Mi 9
I seen on telegram something about call recording. Does call recording work and if so is it as good as EU roms call recording?

Another quick question when in fastboot mode it shows on adb and miflash but I thought it loaded the phone up in my PC like it does in recovery to transfer files but it's not doing it anymore or it never did and I'm remembering wrong?
If your gapps package has overwritten the AOSP dialer you can flash this module and make it as default dialer. Call recording will work.
can I safely downgrade to odk 11.21 on the latest update?
No problem to downgrade.

Techguy777

If your gapps package has overwritten the AOSP dialer you can flash this module and make it as default dialer. Call recording will work.

No problem to downgrade.
Thank you I first flashed crdroid because on all of my other devices it's usually the best rom for customization. I flashed the open gapps pack and I had trouble with the power menu it wouldn't work it kept crashing the system ui for a second and then I would get normal reboot by holding the power button. Is there a gapps package you would recommend or is the power menu a bug? Other than that everything worked perfectly. I usually use micro gapps package.

raystef66

Jul 2, 2013
ZTE Axon 7
Xiaomi Mi 9
Thank you I first flashed crdroid because on all of my other devices it's usually the best rom for customization. I flashed the open gapps pack and I had trouble with the power menu it wouldn't work it kept crashing the system ui for a second and then I would get normal reboot by holding the power button. Is there a gapps package you would recommend or is the power menu a bug? Other than that everything worked perfectly. I usually use micro gapps package.
Haven't seen a power menu bug.
I give preference to Nikgapps Basic - also Flame Basic is a go. So in general we stick to Nik or Flame.

Reactions: Techguy777

keyoke87

Jun 30, 2014
OnePlus 8T
Apple iPhone 12
Would LOS recovery work for OTA? Also, if the ota update does work, do we still need to flash gapps after the update. I guess I'll try this on the next crdroid update. =P
LOS recovery should work too but i have not tested it personally.

backup your data before performing update to be on the safe side. if OTA works, you will not need to reflash gapps

Reactions: Rorschach1010

raystef66

Jul 2, 2013
ZTE Axon 7
Xiaomi Mi 9
General Flashing Guide (to avoid problems like error1 …)

Since flashing isn’t always a straight line on F3 and different methods are being used I’ll mention the methods we use most in our test group on TG. We noticed that being on Nebrassy twrp gives most certainty to avoid error1. On Vasishath we could revoke error1 quite a lot and the only way to recover was to fastboot boot Vasishath twrp again or go along with the Nebrassy method.

So therefore our preferred method is being on Nebrassy twrp. Follow steps carefully.

NEBRASSY METHOD

CLEAN FLASH

• if coming from Vasishath or “fastboot boot Nebrassy.img” : tap advanced/installing recovery ramdisk and select Nebrassy img
  • (re)boot recovery
  • flash Firmware (minimum requirement 12.5.3) (skip if you are on 12.5.3 or later)
  • flash crDroid (toggle auto flash twrp)
  • reboot recovery
  • (optional) flash Gapps (no auto toggle needed)
  • (optional) flash Magisk (no auto toggle needed)
  • (optional) flash DFE
  • format
  • boot system

DIRTY

• skip format

VASISHATH METHOD

CLEAN FLASH

• fastboot boot Vasishath.img or boot to Vasishath recovery
  • flash crDroid with TWRP inject
  • flash Firmware (minimum requirement 12.5.3) without TWRP inject if coming from MIUI 12.5.2 or older, else skip this step
  • (optional) reboot to recovery
  • (optional) flash Gapps without TWRP inject
  • (optional) flash Magisk without TWRP inject
  • (optional) flash DFE
  • format
  • boot to system

DIRTY FLASH

• boot to fastboot
  • connect the phone to a PC
  • boot TWRP by typing "fastboot boot twrp.img" (Vasi TWRP)
  • flash Firmware (minimum requirement 12.5.3) without TWRP inject (skip if you are on 12.5.3 or later)
  • flash crDroid with TWRP inject
  • (optional) reboot recovery
  • (optional) flash Gapps without TWRP inject
  • (optional) flash Magisk without TWRP inject
  • (optional) flash DFE
  • boot to system

thx @immi803 && @keyoke87

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts