• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [ROM][11.0][OFFICIAL][ALIOTH/ALIOTHIN] crDroid v7.13 [25.12.2021]

Search This thread

raystef66

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jul 2, 2013
ZTE Axon 7
Xiaomi Mi 9
:cowboy: FLASHING TIME :cowboy:
NEW crDroid BUILD 14.11.2021

DON'T JUST HIT & RUN .... YOUR APPRECIATION KEEPS MY MOTIVATION ROLLING ;)

crDroid statistics :cool:

crDroid TG Group

SELINUX ENFORCING

crDroidAndroid-11.0-20211114-alioth-v7.12.zip

NOTE :

!! FOLLOW NEW FLASHING GUIDE !!

====================
14-11-2021
====================

* kernel upstreamed to 4.19.217 Optimus_Drunk V11.25
* some minor changes
* synced with latest sources
* updated translations
* some other fixes and improvements

TEAM :
@raystef66
@GtrCraft
@immi803
@jomadeto
@keyoke87

Optimus Drunk Alioth : https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/kernel-alioth-optimus-drunk-kernel-v11-2-09-07.4302055/

YT installation vid :
thnx @munchy_cool

Attachments

• Image1801735464284280456.jpg
    Image1801735464284280456.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 89

fadedave

Jun 14, 2021
Xiaomi Poco F3
Great flashing guide, nebrassy's twrp works nicely. Only thing is I got 3 sets of:
Code:
Error mounting system_root
Error mounting system_ext
Error mounting vendor
Error mounting (some fourth partition)
while/after flashing the rom zip, but everything worked. Is that normal?

keyoke87

Jun 30, 2014
OnePlus 8T
Apple iPhone 12
General Flashing Guide (to avoid problems like error1 …)

Since flashing isn’t always a straight line on F3 and different methods are being used I’ll mention the methods we use most in our test group on TG. We noticed that being on Nebrassy twrp gives most certainty to avoid error1. On Vasishath we could revoke error1 quite a lot and the only way to recover was to fastboot boot Vasishath twrp again or go along with the Nebrassy method.

So therefore our preferred method is being on Nebrassy twrp. Follow steps carefully.

NEBRASSY METHOD

CLEAN FLASH

• if coming from Vasishath or “fastboot boot Nebrassy.img” : tap advanced/installing recovery ramdisk and select Nebrassy img
  • (re)boot recovery
  • flash Firmware (minimum requirement 12.5.3) (skip if you are on 12.5.3 or later)
  • tap backup and click refresh sizes (if 0MB on several, you’ll notice changing values)
  • flash crDroid
  • (optional) flash Gapps
  • tap advanced/installing recovery ramdisk and select Nebrassy img
  • reboot recovery
  • again check backup and just click refresh sizes
  • (optional) flash magisk
  • (optional) flash DFE
  • format
  • boot system

DIRTY

• skip format

VASISHATH METHOD

CLEAN FLASH

• fastboot boot Vasishath.img or boot to Vasishath recovery
  • flash crDroid with TWRP inject
  • flash Firmware (minimum requirement 12.5.3) without TWRP inject if coming from MIUI 12.5.2 or older, else skip this step
  • (Optional) flash Gapps without TWRP inject
  • (optional) reboot to recovery
  • (optional) flash Magisk without TWRP inject
  • (optional) flash DFE
  • format
  • boot to system

DIRTY FLASH

• boot to fastboot
  • connect the phone to a PC
  • boot TWRP by typing "fastboot boot twrp.img" (Vasi TWRP)
  • flash Firmware (minimum requirement 12.5.3) without TWRP inject (skip if you are on 12.5.3 or later)
  • flash crDroid with TWRP inject
  • (optional) flash Gapps without TWRP inject
  • (optional) reboot recovery
  • (optional) flash Magisk without TWRP inject
  • (optional) flash DFE
  • boot to system

thx @immi803 && @keyoke87

NEW crDroid BUILD 14.11.2021

crDroid TG Group

SELINUX ENFORCING

crDroidAndroid-11.0-20211114-alioth-v7.12.zip

NOTE :

====================
14-11-2021
====================

* kernel upstreamed to 4.19.217 Optimus_Drunk V11.25
* some minor changes
* updated translations

TEAM :
@raystef66
@GtrCraft
@immi803
@jomadeto
@keyoke87

Optimus Drunk Alioth : https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/kernel-alioth-optimus-drunk-kernel-v11-2-09-07.4302055/

YT installation vid :
thnx @munchy_cool
nice brother @raystef66 !!!

Rorschach1010

Jan 14, 2018
Amazon Fire TV
Redmi Note 8
EDIT: Sorry for the long post but I believe that this will help users.

Thanks for the update but I again got the error 1 even though I followed the new guides step by step (tried them both). To me this whole error looks like one of the slots get corrupted. This would mean that I still got the error not because I screwed up with the new update but I probably screwed up with the previous update (which then corrupted the slot making it not usable for the next update).

And for everyone who still get this issue, I was able to solve it without going stock again. I flashed LOS recovery (the .img to flash it is available on their site https://lineageosroms.com/alioth/).
Then I tried to flash the crdroid update via OTA but it didn't work. I though that maybe I need root for it to work so I flashed magisk and rebooted but still OTA didn't work.

Finally I booted into LOS recovery and flashed the update via adb sideload from my PC and to my surprise it worked without an error. No error 1 or any other issue at all. Just make sure that you flash gapps too right after flashing the update. I forgot and got play service errors after the boot. Dirty flashing the update together with the gapps fixed this problem. I just had to reinstall google maps and gcam as the wouldn't start anymore. So yeah, do NOT forget to flash gapps right after flashing the update.

I'm gonna keep LOS recovery and will use it from now on as it seems like it manages the a/b partitions better then both TWRP recoverys. Downside is that you need a computer for updates but with Vasi TWRP you need that too. For some reason the LOS recovery doesn't have the option to flash zip from the phones internal space.

For the devs: maybe it helps you to know that I tried to change the slot (and rebooted in to recovery) on both twrps so that it won't flash the update on the "corrupt" slot but use the slot with the current, working system. However, both TWRPs weren't able to mount the data partition in the corrupt slot. rechanging the slot again and rebooting twrp and it mounts data with my download folder and the update in it. This actually made me realize that somehow the slot get corrupted or some kind of "stuck", unmountable, call it whatever you want. Maybe this helps to find out why this actually happens?
In any way, LOS recovery doesn't have this problem and is able to mount the partitions (though it's not like I tested it multiple times to be 100% sure.

• Love
Reactions: nuox and nicky69100

keyoke87

Jun 30, 2014
OnePlus 8T
Apple iPhone 12
EDIT: Sorry for the long post but I believe that this will help users.

Thanks for the update but I again got the error 1 even though I followed the new guides step by step (tried them both). To me this whole error looks like one of the slots get corrupted. This would mean that I still got the error not because I screwed up with the new update but I probably screwed up with the previous update (which then corrupted the slot making it not usable for the next update).

And for everyone who still get this issue, I was able to solve it without going stock again. I flashed LOS recovery (the .img to flash it is available on their site https://lineageosroms.com/alioth/).
Then I tried to flash the crdroid update via OTA but it didn't work. I though that maybe I need root for it to work so I flashed magisk and rebooted but still OTA didn't work.

Finally I booted into LOS recovery and flashed the update via adb sideload from my PC and to my surprise it worked without an error. No error 1 or any other issue at all. Just make sure that you flash gapps too right after flashing the update. I forgot and got play service errors after the boot. Dirty flashing the update together with the gapps fixed this problem. I just had to reinstall google maps and gcam as the wouldn't start anymore. So yeah, do NOT forget to flash gapps right after flashing the update.

I'm gonna keep LOS recovery and will use it from now on as it seems like it manages the a/b partitions better then both TWRP recoverys. Downside is that you need a computer for updates but with Vasi TWRP you need that too. For some reason the LOS recovery doesn't have the option to flash zip from the phones internal space.

For the devs: maybe it helps you to know that I tried to change the slot (and rebooted in to recovery) on both twrps so that it won't flash the update on the "corrupt" slot but use the slot with the current, working system. However, both TWRPs weren't able to mount the data partition in the corrupt slot. rechanging the slot again and rebooting twrp and it mounts data with my download folder and the update in it. This actually made me realize that somehow the slot get corrupted or some kind of "stuck", unmountable, call it whatever you want. Maybe this helps to find out why this actually happens?
In any way, LOS recovery doesn't have this problem and is able to mount the partitions (though it's not like I tested it multiple times to be 100% sure.
Honestly speaking, it is the twrp dev u should speak to

Rorschach1010

Jan 14, 2018
Amazon Fire TV
Redmi Note 8
Honestly speaking, it is the twrp dev u should speak to

obviously, yes. I just believed that the rom maintainers are working together somehow (with other rom maintainers and the recovery maintainers). If that's not the case, you guys are obviously not the right place to post these infos. However, I think the crdroid users will want to read about the LOS recovery.

zoppa

Apr 29, 2011
Coming from Vasinath the Nebrassy method, dirty, is keeping me stuck on slot B for crdroid.
Switching back to Vasinath, I can switch to slot A and follow the current, Vasinath, guide for successful update (on slot A).

Reactions: fdsbox

idontkn0w123

May 14, 2013
Overall your Rom is great and I really like the customization I can do to fit all my needs.

The only really ugly thing is the default camera app which is really very bad. After trying a lot of different apps, I find the GCam Port from Nikita performs best (actually NGCam_8.2.300 v1.5 with custom config "Fury-Ngcam-Nikita-8.2-V1.4.xml").

However I have 2 minor problems left. When applying the last (dirty flash) update 14.11.2021, I also installed NikGApps Core for the first time, because I need some basic stuff to get my daily apps running like f.ex. Garmin Connect. The map interface does not load without Google Framework (or Gms ... whatever)

But ever since I flashed NikGApps I see 1 first row of recently used Apps in the launcher which I can not disable. I looked everywhere but there is no setting to disable it.

Secondly, also related to GApps ... In the only game I play (Taptitans 2) I can not buy anything, if I click onto a package it shows an error and tells me to try it later.

Both are not really bad, but as I am perfectionist I want to get everything working :)

Maybe someone can help me out, I don't know where else to ask.

• Love
Reactions: nuox

raystef66

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jul 2, 2013
ZTE Axon 7
Xiaomi Mi 9
NEW crDroid BUILD 20.11.2021

crDroid TG Group

SELINUX ENFORCING

crDroidAndroid-11.0-20211120-alioth-v7.12.zip

NOTE :

====================
20-11-2021
====================

* added NotchKiller (crDroid > UI > Display Cutout)
* added Sound Recorder
* updated OpenCamera package
* updated translations

TEAM :
@raystef66
@GtrCraft
@immi803
@jomadeto
@keyoke87

YT installation vid :
thnx @munchy_cool

Last edited:

Ale-Ale

Sep 21, 2021
> But ever since I flashed NikGApps I see 1 first row of recently used Apps in the launcher which I can not disable. I looked everywhere but there is no setting to disable it.

@idontkn0w123 to disable the first row of suggested apps, disable the app "Android System Intelligence" which can be shown in the apps list after clicking on the three dots "show system"

idontkn0w123

May 14, 2013
> But ever since I flashed NikGApps I see 1 first row of recently used Apps in the launcher which I can not disable. I looked everywhere but there is no setting to disable it.

@idontkn0w123 to disable the first row of suggested apps, disable the app "Android System Intelligence" which can be shown in the apps list after clicking on the three dots "show system"
Great thx, that works after reboot
(y)

Top Liked Posts