Development [ROM][11.0][OFFICIAL][ALIOTH/ALIOTHIN] EOL - crDroid v7.22 [12.09.2022]

Search This thread

Nripat

Jan 25, 2021
My below problem is back. Pls. help.

Dear Community/Dev.

Need of your help, I'm not aware if CrDroid 7.x roms (Not Tested any other Roms) having ability to grant "Read Service SMS" permission in permission settings. Is it being removed in January 27 Build? (I'm on January 27 Build)

My always prefered SMS app is Microsoft "SMS Organizer" (Latest Version from Playstore) which is asking for "Read Service SMS" permission on top of regular SMS permission.

Pls. help & share knowledge as how to workout this "Read Service SMS" not present.
Screenshot_20220315-084807915.jpg
Screenshot_20220315-084827794.jpg

Nripat

Jan 25, 2021
In reference to above Msg, Allegedly due to lack of Read SMS Permission, SMS Organizer keeps closing within 2 seconds of opening the app without any errors.

Have tried below steps...
-Clear Cache Clear Data
-Reinstall from Playstore
-Tried using app on another Poco F3 with stock Rom & it works without any crash

Note: Couple of days ago, I had dirty flashed CrDroid 7.15 & Infi. Kernel 2.08, on 1st boot, it started working without closing or any other issue & today it again started closing as soon as I open the app.

In reference to above Msg, Allegedly due to lack of Read SMS Permission, SMS Organizer keeps closing within 2 seconds of opening the app without any errors.

Have tried below steps...
-Clear Cache Clear Data
-Reinstall from Playstore
-Tried using app on another Poco F3 with stock Rom & it works without any crash

Note: Couple of days ago, I had dirty flashed CrDroid 7.15 & Infi. Kernel 2.08, on 1st boot, it started working without closing or any other issue & today it again started closing as soon as I open the app.
All Android ROMs have this permission, your app won't have access to it if you installed something like XPrivacy, that is able to block access to them, otherwise you have a scuffed installation, and you could try to roll back to the previous CrDroid installation where it worked for you.

raystef66

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jul 2, 2013
Belgium
ZTE Axon 7
Xiaomi Mi 9
:cowboy: FLASHING TIME :cowboy:
NEW crDroid BUILD 15.03.2022

DON'T JUST HIT & RUN .... YOUR APPRECIATION KEEPS MY MOTIVATION ROLLING ;)

crDroid statistics :cool:

crDroid TG Group

SELINUX ENFORCING

crDroidAndroid-11.0-20220315-alioth-v7.16.zip

NOTE :

!! FOLLOW NEW FLASHING GUIDE !!

====================
15-03-2022
====================

* updated to crDroid 7.16 code
* updated to sec. patch level 2022.03.05
* kernel upstreamed to 4.19.234 - InfiniR kernel v2.09
* synced with latest sources
* updated translations
* some other fixes and improvements

TEAM :
@raystef66
@immi803

InifinR kernel : https://github.com/raystef66/InfiniR_kernel_alioth

YT installation vid :
thnx @munchy_cool

Nripat

Jan 25, 2021
All Android ROMs have this permission, your app won't have access to it if you installed something like XPrivacy, that is able to block access to them, otherwise you have a scuffed installation, and you could try to roll back to the previous CrDroid installation where it worked for you.
Thank you for the reply. Will update to latest (Dirty Flashing for now) & revert soon.

Nripat

Jan 25, 2021
(01) in TWRP simple flash the kernel-Zip-file then wipe dalvik-cache and reboot system.
Optional you can make a Backup of your kernel in TWRP (boot.img & dtbo.img)

(02) yes

(3) you can upgrade and even downgrade your kernel.

(4) i am sure the dev will always update the kernel in future updates.
Sorry for delayed acknowledgement. Thank you for the response.

Nripat

Jan 25, 2021
Dear Community/Dev.,

After trying almost all permutation combination of solutions, I'm (Microsoft SMS Organizer) still stuck at Grant Read Service SMS.

Below are all solutions I tried on.
(01) Clean Flash CrDroid 7.13, 7.14, 7.15, 7.16 & 8.2 (Android 12)
(02) Dirty Flash From CrDroid 7.14 to CrDroid 7.15 (After this, things worked for 2 days & then same problem)
(03) Reflashed Firmware 12.5.7 via MiFlash & repeated step 1 for each & every Rom
(04) Old Version: Clean flashed CrDroid 7.13 (No Magisk & NikGapps) & manually installed December 25th version of SMS Organizer but to my surprise Same issue of Grand read service sms.
(05) Just to be sure, also flashed Optimus Drunk v11.35 on top of clean flash CrDroid 7.16
(06) Manually tried to grand Read Service SMS permission to APK. process via adb shell command but was unable to do so because I was not able to find right command for it. (pm grant process name permission name)
(07) After flashing OLD December 2021 versions of Rom, Kernel & Apk, even changed date to 31-12-2021 but again same issue (Here I Can't Explain How Is It Possible Because Same Combination Worked When We Were Actually in December 2021) (Was Offline during whole process)

All above steps are without any magisk or magisk modules.

How I'm really curious how is it possible that what originally worked in december month is now not working even if everything is installed that was released in december (Rom, NikGapps, Kernel & APK).

I will soon provide Log cat by today end of the day. Meanwhile, I request any community/senior member to install & check out Microsoft SMS Organizer App from Playstore & check if you are getting same Read Service SMS problem when you go in reminder Tab in the app.

Can't figure out where is the problem coming from because have changed literally everything from Rom, kernel, Firmware (Reflashed 12.5.7) & APK (Old Versions) & this issue cannot be Hardware depended.

Note: FYI., In MIUI, permission page of SMS Organizer does have Read Service SMS permission on above regular SMS Read permission but again things used to work smoothly in custom roms till mid feb. 2022 until things went south for no visible reason whatsoever.

Last edited:

Nripat

Jan 25, 2021
Dear Community/Dev.,

After trying almost all permutation combination of solutions, I'm (Microsoft SMS Organizer) still stuck at Grant Read Service SMS.

Below are all solutions I tried on.
(01) Clean Flash CrDroid 7.13, 7.14, 7.15, 7.16 & 8.2 (Android 12)
(02) Dirty Flash From CrDroid 7.14 to CrDroid 7.15 (After this, things worked for 2 days & then same problem)
(03) Reflashed Firmware 12.5.7 via MiFlash & repeated step 1 for each & every Rom
(04) Old Version: Clean flashed CrDroid 7.13 (No Magisk & NikGapps) & manually installed December 25th version of SMS Organizer but to my surprise Same issue of Grand read service sms.
(05) Just to be sure, also flashed Optimus Drunk v11.35 on top of clean flash CrDroid 7.16
(06) Manually tried to grand Read Service SMS permission to APK. process via adb shell command but was unable to do so because I was not able to find right command for it. (pm grant process name permission name)
(07) After flashing OLD December 2021 versions of Rom, Kernel & Apk, even changed date to 31-12-2021 but again same issue (Here I Can't Explain How Is It Possible Because Same Combination Worked When We Were Actually in December 2021) (Was Offline during whole process)

All above steps are without any magisk or magisk modules.

How I'm really curious how is it possible that what originally worked in december month is now not working even if everything is installed that was released in december (Rom, NikGapps, Kernel & APK).

I will soon provide Log cat by today end of the day. Meanwhile, I request any community/senior member to install & check out Microsoft SMS Organizer App from Playstore & check if you are getting same Read Service SMS problem when you go in reminder Tab in the app.

Can't figure out where is the problem coming from because have changed literally everything from Rom, kernel, Firmware (Reflashed 12.5.7) & APK (Old Versions) & this issue cannot be Hardware depended.

Note: FYI., In MIUI, permission page of SMS Organizer does have Read Service SMS permission on above regular SMS Read permission but again things used to work smoothly in custom roms till mid feb. 2022 until things went south for no visible reason whatsoever.
Update 01
Problem remained even on trial run with clean installation of Arrow OS thus confirming the fact that Roms were never at fault.

Update 02
Issue seems to be resolved by converting SMS Organizer as System App as a last resort.

zyhk

May 9, 2020
Hello @raystef66 , I'm trying several ROM's around this forum on my new F3. I found a weird thing. If I use my DRC remover, I can usually disable DRC on my devices. But I can't on your ROM. I tried LineageOS 18.1 and was able to disable DRC on this ROM as usual.

I think you've changed something about DRC when improving the sound quality of Dolby atomos interfered by DRC.

Last edited:

raystef66

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jul 2, 2013
Belgium
ZTE Axon 7
Xiaomi Mi 9
:cowboy: FLASHING TIME :cowboy:
NEW crDroid BUILD 12.04.2022

DON'T JUST HIT & RUN .... YOUR APPRECIATION KEEPS MY MOTIVATION ROLLING ;)

crDroid statistics :cool:

crDroid TG Group

SELINUX ENFORCING

crDroidAndroid-11.0-20220412-alioth-v7.17.zip

NOTE :

!! FOLLOW NEW FLASHING GUIDE !!

====================
12-04-2022
====================

* updated to crDroid 7.17 code
* updated to sec. patch level 2022.04.05
* synced with latest sources
* updated translations
* some other fixes and improvements

TEAM :
@raystef66
@immi803

InifinR kernel : https://github.com/raystef66/InfiniR_kernel_alioth

YT installation vid :
thnx @munchy_cool

Nripat

Jan 25, 2021
Dear Dev/Community,

Is there any way to clear App Usage history in Android (Different then Tracking usage on Google Account)?

I'm referring to history about how much whatsapp I have used on daily basis?

Top Liked Posts