• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [ROM][11.0][OFFICIAL][ALIOTH] Pixel Extended v3.0[18.08.2021]

Search This thread

susemano

Jul 9, 2017
Moto G5S Plus
Nokia 5.1
Fastboot restore back to miui, then flash to pex
Thanks it worked. I flashed stock MIUI via Xiaomiflash and flashed this PEX it worked well. The ROM is smooth as a butter. But I have just one issue. My idle battery drain is so much. Like 20 to 30% lost overnight in idle. Every morning phone is dead I charge it again. I cant fine where the issue is. Can someone give me any idea on this? Anyone faced such issues on this ROM?

peter_betos

Sep 20, 2010
Makati City
Xiaomi Poco F3
Thanks it worked. I flashed stock MIUI via Xiaomiflash and flashed this PEX it worked well. The ROM is smooth as a butter. But I have just one issue. My idle battery drain is so much. Like 20 to 30% lost overnight in idle. Every morning phone is dead I charge it again. I cant fine where the issue is. Can someone give me any idea on this? Anyone faced such issues on this ROM?
Yep, same issue. Seems like it’s consuming too much battery when in idle mode. This is on the 06-22 version of the Rom

Edit: Try to see if disabling pocket detection improves it. I noticed that the detection is too aggressive, so probably the sensors are on even if the screen is off.

Last edited:

keyoke87

Jun 30, 2014
OnePlus 8T
Apple iPhone 12
Off dt2w and also pocket detection, see if it improves

Moiap

May 23, 2013
OnePlus 9 Pro
I still have heavy battery drain each night, about 20%, i switch off double tap to wake and pocket mode, the battery use is not bad duri g the day but i think the phone doesnt deep sleep

Natakranta

Mar 19, 2013
Dublin
I flashed it on my mother's in law F3, running great, with very little use she gets 4-5 days on it. When I was trying it hard myself I was easy getting a day and a half of full battery charge.
Great ROM, it has everything I need pssses safetynet check. Netflix running.

zioalfonso

Jun 8, 2010
Eppan
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hi guys,

I'm with v2.7, the app "NFC check" says NFC is supported and enabled but I cannot read an NFC Tag, do I miss something or is this a PE bug?
NFC sensor should be next to the camera, right? Any way I tried every other point on the phone, even on the front side.
When I go to NFC settings I see the NFC switch change from blue to grey and blue again every second when I hold a NFC tag to the phone, so there seems to be interaction, but none of the apps I've tried (NFC Tools...) react and give me a result.

Last edited:

Natakranta

Mar 19, 2013
Dublin
I noticed today maximum charging current is 2000mA, that's fast charging but not Turbo charging. I have other Poco F3 still on MiUi 12.5.3 waiting for permission to unlock bootloader, this one charges at 3500mA
Could you guys please check your charging power with app like Ampere from Play Store?

Last edited:

Natakranta

Mar 19, 2013
Dublin
I did a test yesterday and it appeared phone charged from 22% to 100% on 2 hours.
The other F3 I still have on stock MIUI charges in 1 hour for comparison.

I don't know what are the plans for further development of this ROM.
I like it, it does all I need, though it would be great or get the Turbo charging working as on stock.

Do you guys observe the same with charging that it is only half the sped of stock? Did you find a remedy? Maybe some custom karnel can fix it?

obee1k3n0b1

Aug 4, 2021
Philippines
Hi guys. I recently flashed this rom and here are what I have experienced so far:

- when AOD or Ambient Display is on, the transition from locking your phone to the AOD displays a quick bright static screen (I turned off AOD due to this).

- it's hard to tap the Auto Brightness icon from the quick settings, making it difficult to switch on and off.

- playing CODM crashes randomly (this might be due to the device being rooted).

- PIN does not work after a reboot. (this caused me to do a factory reset since I cannot bypass the PIN. I would suggest that you enable Force FP authentication in Settings > Pixel's Den > Lockscreen Security) so that you can bypass the PIN security check once you restart your device).

Besides all this, the rom is very smooth and currently my daily driver. If you have suggestions regarding on how to solve what I've experienced so far, please let me know.

Thanks!

Update:

Upon installing PEX 3.0 (Dirty Flash)
- AOD problem is now resolved.
- so far CODM is does not crash anymore.
- Brightness customizations are nice and makes the Auto Brightness button more responsive.
- fast charging is not working

After Clean Flash of PEX 3.0

- fast charging is now working consistently.
- advanced gestures does not make the settings crash anymore.

Last edited:

JayTDawgzone

Aug 9, 2021
why I get this error info?

I'm using Install&Format.bat

PLZ tech me~
擷取.PNG

Natakranta

Mar 19, 2013
Dublin
why I get this error info?

I'm using Install&Format.bat

PLZ tech me~
View attachment 5381749
Connect phone to PC, open CMD or Windows power shel and type
adb devices, it should display phone's serial number
If it doesn't, check if developer options are enabled on phone and if access is granted to your PC
Typy: adb reboot bootloder
When you see a robot on phone's screen type in CMD
fastboot devices
If you don't see your phone's serial number displayed, you need to check your driver's in Windows Devices Manager
If OK type
fastboot reboot fastboot
This will reboot phone to fastbootd ("d" at the the end), type
fastboot devices
Again, it must display phone's serial number, if it doesn't and all of says "waiting for device" you have a driver problem (happened to me), go to Windows Device manager and look for Poco with exclamation mark - driver problem. Google to fix it. I used this solution: https://c.mi.com/oc/thread-3312019-1-0.html

obee1k3n0b1

Aug 4, 2021
Philippines
Hi, noticed that the instructions have changed. Just wondering what does it mean 'inject TWRP'?

Been using the .bat files to install previously.
First you need to flash TWRP recovery into your Poco F3.

You can find the download link of the latest unofficial TWRP for Poco F3 in this thread.

This video tutorial shows how it is done (credits to Munchy).

Make sure to download the PEX update on your phone.

After all that, you just need to Power Off your phone, then hold Power Button and Volume Up (you can release Power Button when you feel the vibration) to go to TWRP Recovery mode. Tap Install and map out the update and make sure that Inject TWRP is checked.

I hope this helps!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A new update has been released, no new changes, only a bump to the latest source
    Hi, thanks for update! I thought it is abandoned, great to see you keep it up!
    I noticed new build is 1.7GB while previous builds were 2.2GB. Does it mean it is without GAPPS?
    My Alioth is on 27th June build. Do I need to flash GAPPS on top of new build to keep google apps?
    If so, what package would you recommend?
    This build is to be flashed by TWRP and not the batch files from the previous builds. They also removed some customizations. Google apps are also included upon clean flash.

As I have experience, there are some bugs when you dirty flash from PEX 2.8 to 3.0, since version 2.9 was skipped. The Advanced Gestures are not available and the phone does not consistently fast charge. This issues were fixed upon clean flashing.

likQDEZ.png

PixelExtended ROM for POCO F3 [alioth]

What is this?
    PixelExtended ROM (or PEX for short), aims to combine Pixel goodies with some essential features missing in Pixel Experience, delivering a ROM that promises you stabilty and a large amount of features at the same time. The ROM will keep it's Pixel ideologies it's primary focus and wont stray into the dark and deep void that is bloat.

Our mission is to offer maximum possible stability and security along with essential and useful features for proper functioning of a device.

Based on Android 11 (R)

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/Vibration

Known issues
    You tell me

Features which are curently available:
    This is a very Initial build of Android 11 (Stock), some features will be adapted in near future.

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED

Download from Sourceforge Host

Donate
    Liked my work? Gift me a beer

Stay tuned
    Device Support Group

Flash Instructions:
    See post2

Credit:
    I want to thank @manuelbianco for his public trees and for his great work !!

Changelog:
    18/08/2021 V3.0
    Source:
    - HERE
    Device:
    - HERE

OLD

22/06/2021 V2.8
    Source:
    - HERE
    Device:
    - HERE

18/05/2021 V2.7
    Source:
    - HERE
    Device:
    - HERE

How to install rom:

Clean Flash

• Go to TWP and flash ROM + inject TWRP
    • Reboot in TWRP and do FORMAT DATA (wipe data is not yet recommended ... the TWR still does not execute it correctly)
    • Reboot System

Dirty Flash

**** If you are on the previous version you can flash this build (but clean flash is recommended) ****

• Go to TWRP and flash the rom + inject TWRP
    • Reboot System
    new update for you !!
    changelog in the second post
    Happy flash everyone
    Will it update monthly?
    A new update has been released, no new changes, only a bump to the latest source