[EOL][ROM][11.0][OFFICIAL] crDroid Android v7.19 [hammerhead]

Search This thread
May 25, 2019
I have rescued my Nexus 5 from the basement, I have installed this rom, but later when installing the magick by twrp when starting the magick phone it is not, it is as if it will not install it, but if everything is installed

If I understand correctly, you flash Magisk from TWRP, it installs ok, but when you boot you don't see the Magisk Manager app? Or do you see the app and when you open it it says that Magisk is not installed?

trungamox34

Aug 22, 2012
Hue
My 16GB N5 got stuck on the boot animation screen and I don't know what was wrong.

I followed all the instructions carefully, both on this thread and the Repartition posts, tried different versions of crDroid, even tried resizing the partition after flashing the ROM zip, but I still cannot get any further than the Egyptian eye.

I am still staring at it for like 3 hours.

Please help!!

Last edited:

Adgineer

May 7, 2019
My 16GB N5 got stuck on the boot animation screen and I don't know what was wrong.

I followed all the instructions carefully, both on this thread and the Repartition posts, tried different versions of crDroid, even tried resizing the partition after flashing the ROM zip, but I still cannot get any further than the Egyptian eye.

I am still staring at it for like 3 hours.

Please help!!

Did you install also gapps for android 10? My mistake was to only flash the 6.4 ROM but not gapp.

trungamox34

Aug 22, 2012
Hue
@trungamox34: you should repartition before flashing the ROM, not after it. Be careful when flashing Magisk and also with the version of the Gapps (it has to be for arm architecture).
Yes, I did repartition before flashing the ROM and Gapps was ARM pico/nano pack for Android 10.

There is a note in the TWRP thread saying that:
HTML:
# When installing ROM just after you flashed zip and before installing GAPPs you MUST make a resize in TWRP since all roms are build for ~1G system.

Following this note, I also tried flashing his resize flashable zip but the result was the same.

Did you install also gapps for android 10? My mistake was to only flash the 6.4 ROM but not gapp.
Thank you but I did :(

I am familiar with flashing ROM but since there is extra steps to repartition for new Android versions, I've not been able to flash any new Custom ROMs though I do follow the instruction strictly.
Now I revert to First Ever Android Pie because all I need to do is restoring the system files :D

Still waiting for solution...

krazyko

Dec 11, 2015
Vancouver
@trungamox34 I forgot about the resize needed after flashing the ROM, I thought you meant the resize of the root filesystem (to enlarge it). I don't know what else to say.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Did you verify that the root filesystem is 1.5GB?

From TWRP....

3. To be sure that repartition went well I enclose loging zip. Flash it after repartition (when device reboots into TWRP). It won't modify anything only generates a partition.log in root of internal storage and outputs your current partition layout to screen. You shoud check if your layout is same as those fragments I provide under spoiler (file systems doesn't matter). If there are any differences you have to discribe what you did and enclose partition.log to your post.

HAMMERHEAD STOCK
Code:

25 192937984B 1266679807B 1073741824B system
26 1266679808B 1298137087B 31457280B crypto
27 1298137088B 2032140287B 734003200B cache

HAMMERHEAD MODIFIED
Code:

25 192937984B 1803551231B 1610613248B system
26 1803551232B 2065695231B 262144000B vendor
27 2065695232B 2097152511B 31457280B crypto
28 2097152512B 2306867711B 209715200B cache

I had a similar issue with the previous builds when I first started but discovered that the partition did not take correctly the first time around. The current build 6.4 is very slow on the boot animation (it takes 30 minutes to boot after flashing but subsequent boots is about 5-10 minutes to boot) but once you're in it is a slick ROM.

Last edited:
Reactions: trungamox34

stifmaster81

Feb 27, 2013
If I understand correctly, you flash Magisk from TWRP, it installs ok, but when you boot you don't see the Magisk Manager app? Or do you see the app and when you open it it says that Magisk is not installed?
It installs fine by twrp, but when starting up the application does not appear

Enviado desde mi Pixel XL mediante Tapatalk

May 25, 2019
v 6.4 review (kind of)

I jumped from v5.10 (Pie) to v6.4 (Q). Clean flash, nano gapps, rooted with Magisk, flashed Criterion kernel too. Great ROM as expected (OK, the bootanimation is sluggish!). ROM is smoother / faster than the Pie version. On Pie I got occasional soft reboots when device was under load, on Q I haven't got a single soft reboot yet, and that's great! Battery life's good, all the basic stuff (sensors, BT etc.) works, what's more to ask?

Now onto some little things that caught my eye while testing this ROM and may need to be reworked. (I'm not requesting anything, just pointing them out:))
  • Cr home launcher seems like it has been stripped down of some features that it had on Pie (Pie version was Lawnchair-based, maybe that's the case here).
  • I got a "Can't connect to camera" error once. I'm using a 3.x version of Google Camera
I tried to reset it with the following commands on the Terminal:
Code:
su
stop cameraserver
start cameraserver
Nothing happened. Only a reboot fixed it.
  • Livedisplay does not work. It is set to off no matter what choice is selected (I don't know if the custom kernel is interfering with this).
  • On crDroid settings menu, when scrolling down any list, the text is dropping on the tabs, i.e. the tabs seem "transparent".
  • I haven't tested screen casting yet, which wasn't working on Pie.
Finally, some stuff which I don't know if they're ROM related or Android 10's new way of things:
  • On TWRP's File manager I see two folders: "/system " and "/system_root". What is this "/system_root" and what purpose does it serve? It is not visible when phone's booted:confused::confused::confused:
  • I can't systemize any apps. I tried it with the GCam apk I mentioned above. The traditional "move apk to /system/[/app or /priv-app], set permissions and reboot" no longer works. Nor does the "App Systemizer" Magisk module. Also I can't install Busybox on /system (/bin or /xbin)

Again big thanks to hhrokarvi for his work! Keep it up!!!

hhrokarvi

Recognized Developer
May 31, 2014
New York
Google Nexus 5
AT&T LG G2
I jumped from v5.10 (Pie) to v6.4 (Q). Clean flash, nano gapps, rooted with Magisk, flashed Criterion kernel too. Great ROM as expected (OK, the bootanimation is sluggish!). ROM is smoother / faster than the Pie version. On Pie I got occasional soft reboots when device was under load, on Q I haven't got a single soft reboot yet, and that's great! Battery life's good, all the basic stuff (sensors, BT etc.) works, what's more to ask?

Now onto some little things that caught my eye while testing this ROM and may need to be reworked. (I'm not requesting anything, just pointing them out:))
Cr home launcher seems like it has been stripped down of some features that it had on Pie (Pie version was Lawnchair-based, maybe that's the case here).
Livedisplay does not work. It is set to off no matter what choice is selected (I don't know if the custom kernel is interfering with this).
I haven't tested screen casting yet, which wasn't working on Pie.

Finally, some stuff which I don't know if they're ROM related or Android 10's new way of things:
On TWRP's File manager I see two folders: "/system " and "/system_root". What is this "/system_root" and what purpose does it serve? It is not visible when phone's booted:confused::confused::confused:
I can't systemize any apps. I tried it with the GCam apk I mentioned above. The traditional "move apk to /system/[/app or /priv-app], set permissions and reboot" no longer works. Nor does the "App Systemizer" Magisk module. Also I can't install Busybox on /system (/bin or /xbin)

Again big thanks to hhrokarvi for his work! Keep it up!!!

Thanks for the comments... Now to answer your questions.

- The home launcher is not based on Lawnchair launcher as it is not ready for Android 10. It's still in early phases and we can't risk it being the default launcher for crDroid.
- Live display is working for me. (I'm not running Criterion though)
- TWRP shows system_root because Android 10 has a new way of doing things with the root/system partition. Read information on SAR (System As Root) if you feel like reading about it.
- You can't move user apps to system because of the above point. You need updated apps etc for that. You can delete system apps you don't need by using TWRP's file manager if you want to.

That should be everything you inquired about. Take care buddy.

Reactions: hammerheadache

ploµf

Do you have frequent wifi disconnections to ?
Got some errors in my log hope it will help !?

2020-03-30 10:56:31,ERROR,WifiHAL,/vendor/bin/hw/android.hardware.wifi@1.0-service.legacy,Failed to register debug response; result = -95
2020-03-30 10:56:32,WARNING,libc,Système Android,Unable to set property "ctl.interface_start" to "android.hardware.wifi.offload@1.0::IOffload/default": error code: 0x20
2020-03-30 10:56:32,ERROR,hwservicemanager,Système Android,Failed to set property for starting android.hardware.wifi.offload@1.0::IOffload/default
2020-03-30 10:56:32,ERROR,WifiHAL,/vendor/bin/hw/android.hardware.wifi@1.0-service.legacy,Failed to register get pkt fate response; result = -95
2020-03-30 10:56:37,WARNING,View,Interface,requestLayout() improperly called by com.android.keyguard.AlphaOptimizedLinearLayout{ccd58c6 V.E...... ......ID 7,0-59,59 #7f0a042e app:id/wifi_group} during layout: running second layout pass
2020-03-30 10:56:37,WARNING,View,Interface,requestLayout() improperly called by com.android.keyguard.AlphaOptimizedLinearLayout{39f5087 V.E...... ......ID 7,0-59,59 #7f0a042e app:id/wifi_group} during layout: running second layout pass

Also Is there a way to enable camera shorcut in lock screen ? Opencamera option doesnt work !

Thanks again for this superb rom ;)

Last edited:

mobile_sensei

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2011
Washington DC
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 10 Pro
Just dug my Hammerhead out of the closet & have it charging so I can give this a go. Android 10 on the N5 has me smiling and another reason I say this is one of the finest Android devices ever made.
Thanks for the goodies, OP

Jan 29, 2014
Yogyakarta
Just flash this crdroid android 10 ROM, after almost a year there was no playing with custom ROMs for the Nexus 5.
I already repartition my nexus 5 using method from pixel experience thread. And im able to flash this rom + pico gapps.
No error while flashing, everything just look fine.
But i got issues from this rom :
- this rom have very laggy bootanimations almost 4 minutes to finish this. and the rom also laggy too.
I repeat to flash this rom more than twice, with same results.
Any ideas how to fix this? Or am i doing something wrong?
Btw, this look like very nice rom. Great work and i said thanks to you for giving my old nexus 5 new wings for life
?

rodrigo89

Apr 6, 2020
:good::laugh::silly::angel:

---------- Post added at 03:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 AM ----------

:good::good:;):laugh:

---------- Post added at 03:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 AM ----------

:silly::laugh::laugh::good::p

zagzag99

Nov 3, 2008
Google Nexus 4
Google Nexus 5
Just flash this crdroid android 10 ROM, after almost a year there was no playing with custom ROMs for the Nexus 5.
I already repartition my nexus 5 using method from pixel experience thread. And im able to flash this rom + pico gapps.
No error while flashing, everything just look fine.
But i got issues from this rom :
- this rom have very laggy bootanimations almost 4 minutes to finish this. and the rom also laggy too.
I repeat to flash this rom more than twice, with same results.
Any ideas how to fix this? Or am i doing something wrong?
Btw, this look like very nice rom. Great work and i said thanks to you for giving my old nexus 5 new wings for life
?

It's not the boot animation. Something is very lagging at first 10-15 minutes

Without boot animation boot is almost instant.
But phone barely reacts.
Wait and lock unlock and it's flowing ok.

Last edited:

incognico

Oct 18, 2010
So how the slow boot animation can be fixed? I wiped, resized, installed rom + gapps. Everything works but the boot animation is painfully slow and it takes ages to boot.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!

BE3pE0l.png

Features
    Click for feature list

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!

TWRP Recovery:

TWRP Thread

ROM DOWNLOAD:
    crDroid Website
    DOWNLOAD LATEST OFFICIAL BUILD (Android 11)
    DOWNLOAD LATEST OFFICIAL BUILD (Android 10)
    DOWNLOAD LATEST OFFICIAL BUILD (Android 9 PIE)

DOWNLOAD GAPPS (PICO Version)

First time installing crDroid to your Nexus 5, or coming from another ROM:

** Make sure you're running the latest TWRP Recovery (UA or HH Version)
    1) Copy crDroid zip, gapps zip to your device
    2) Boot into Recovery
    3) Wipe cache, system, & data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
    4) Flash ROM
    5) Flash gapps
    6) Boot up

For root, AFTER you boot into the ROM, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk 21.x (whatever is most recent).

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
    The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

KNOWN ISSUES (Android 11)
    Slow Boot Animation
    Screen mirroring via slimport HDMI adapter doesn't work.
    PMF aka 802.11w doesn't work.
    Wi-Fi display doesn't work
    SELinux permissive

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running the included kernel
    - have installed any mods such as Xposed!
    - have modified system files

Thanks to:

- Google
    - LineageOS
    - SlimRoms
    - AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
    - OmniRom
    - NamelessROM
    - Many others... (if you're feeling upset being out of the thanks list just send a PM )

Sources
    Device Sources: https://github.com/frazerecho/android_device_lge_hammerhead
    Kernel Sources: https://github.com/frazerecho/android_kernel_lge_hammerhead
    Vendor Source: https://github.com/z3dd3r/android_vendor_lge

Contributors:
    @z3DD3r
    @Elektroschmock
    @amaces
    @EnesSastim
    Yu Xutian (esa-n on GitHub)
    @Sashko98

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][10.0][OFFICIAL] crDroid Android v6.12 [hammerhead], ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
    hhrokarvi
    Source Code: https://github.com/crdroidandroid

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: System Partitioned TWRP, Latest Official Bootloader & Radio
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: v6.13
    Stable Release Date: 2020-12-17
    Current Beta Version: v7.4
    Beta Release Date: 2020-03-07

Created 2019-05-19
    Last Updated 2020-11-10
    For everyone concerned...

With custom ROM's heading towards Q (Android 10) it will take time to figure out all the issues, I will be providing updates for this device until crDroid Android stops development on Pie and moves on towards Android 10.

With news that daily LineageOS builds provided by @z3DD3r will be stopping soon, I will provide updates on the same timeline I normally do, so don't worry. Nexus 5 has 1-2 more updates on Pie at least before crDroid moves on towards Android 10.

Thanks for using crDroid and all the well wishes I get from all of you.

Regards,
    Frazer.
    crDroid Update:

crDroidAndroid-9.0-20191113-hammerhead-v5.10

Changelog

Short Changelog:
    - November Security Patches
    - Updated ROM version to 5.10
    - Various updates to base
    - Updates to Network Traffic code
    - Some other fixes here and there
    - Updated translations

Note
    This is going to be the FINAL build of Pie for Nexus 5.

I'll be taking a month or so break to focus on my post-graduate studies as well as taking some time off to recuperate. I'll be back soon with fresh builds of Android 10 for Nexus 5, so don't worry about me dropping support. Huge shoutout and thanks to @EnesSastim and @z3DD3r for keeping Nexus 5 alive all this time.
    crDroid Update:

crDroidAndroid-9.0-20191014-hammerhead-v5.8

Changelog

Short Changelog:
    - October Security Patches
    - Updated kernel compiler to Clang 9.0.8
    - Updated crDroid Home (launcher)
    - Some other fixes here and there
    - Updated translations

Note
    This is going to be one of the final builds of Pie for Nexus 5, depending on how the bring-up of Android 10 goes on in the coming weeks for the device as well as the overall stability and feature parity of crDroid Android 6 (based on Android 10).
    crDroid Update:

crDroidAndroid-10.0-20200808-hammerhead-v6.9.zip

Changelog

Short Changelog:
    - August Security Patches
    - Initial crDroid 6.9 code [NICE ;)]

- Fixed issue with status bar clock getting stuck for some users
    - Fixed partial screenshot issue with screenshot sound disabled
    - Added Pulse visualizer for lockscreen and navbar (crDroid > Sound)
    - Added Tux clock
    - Added new Oswald font
    - Reworked volume dialog extension
    - Improved network traffic indicators
    - Further ARM optimizations for better performance
    - Improved color picker preferences for crDroid settings
    - Some more fixes here and there
    - Updated translations

Notes
    - Nano GApps or smaller from this build onward due to increase by Face Unlock code & application.
    - As I've said previously, This ROM now requires repartiton of System, no matter if you use GApps or not.
    Link for the Thread & TWRP in Post #2

- Some Google stuff i.e. Assistant is causing some weird issues ("internet connection issues" even when connected), which is an issue with Google as its also affecting Samsung, OnePlus phones. Nothing I can do about it.
    - Join the Telegram Group for support, queries and banter. Link Here

Stay Safe Everyone!
    :eek: