[EOL][ROM][11.0][OFFICIAL] crDroid Android v7.19 [hammerhead]

Search This thread

Bouquins

Apr 22, 2020
Google Nexus 5
Hi all ! I installed this ROM, which seems to run without issue. I have a question: is it possible that the date on the screen, when tapped, opens my calendar app ?

Thank you !

srepole

Sep 25, 2018
I' ve tested a little trick to bypass bootanimation bug.
Twrp is basically what we need.
Mount system.
Then go to advanced/manager.
We need to find bootanimation.zip and bootanimation file.
They are respectively stored in system/system/media and in system/system/bin
Once find them just rename both adding .bak
Unmount system.
Reboot.
Just give to device about 1 min to completely boot otherwise we will experience some lags.
That' s all.

seraphim5

Sep 22, 2010
Only 2 real issue

So I have only two issues that if fixed would make this ROM solid for me. The first is while scrolling on webpage they randomly freeze this is fixed my hitting home then going back and it's chrome, Firefox and opera on any long scrollable sites IE 9gag or Facebook. The second is talked about already that the boot animation is super slower so to workaround this I just deleted it from media and it defaults to the old Android boot animation that once boots and screen goes dark I can wake it without further issues.

DonCatoli

Sep 17, 2016
The auto download link for android 10 in the main page redirects to the clover 6.7 build, please click below that on the hammerhead 6.6 zip instead.

DonCatoli

Sep 17, 2016
I' ve tested a little trick to bypass bootanimation bug.
Twrp is basically what we need.
Mount system.
Then go to advanced/manager.
We need to find bootanimation.zip and bootanimation file.
They are respectively stored in system/system/media and in system/system/bin
Once find them just rename both adding .bak
Unmount system.
Reboot.
Just give to device about 1 min to completely boot otherwise we will experience some lags.
That' s all.

This prevents the rom from booting up for me, just stays on the Google screen.
Only renaming bootanimation.zip gets me to boot with the generic Android animation and it's a slideshow, one hour in still no boot into the rom.

srepole

Sep 25, 2018
This prevents the rom from booting up for me, just stays on the Google screen.
Only renaming bootanimation.zip gets me to boot with the generic Android animation and it's a slideshow, one hour in still no boot into the rom.

Just follow steps i provided.
You' ll have to rename the file named bootanimation.zip but also bootanimation one.
I specified both paths to easlily find them.

dahawthorne

Nov 15, 2014
Brighton
For goodness' sake, why are you people obsessing about the boot animation? Yes, I find it slow, but no more intrusive than other ROMS that I've tried - and I've tried a few. I have a six-year-old device running new software and I'm grateful for it. Stop corrupting the devs' work by trying to "make it better" by "improving on" the boot animation, which is of absolutely zero, zero, ZERO relevance to the functionality of the ROM.

Last edited:
Reactions: hhrokarvi

DonCatoli

Sep 17, 2016
Just follow steps i provided.
You' ll have to rename the file named bootanimation.zip but also bootanimation one.
I specified both paths to easlily find them.

I'll reiterate, when I rename both system/system/media/bootanimation.zip to system/system/media/bootanimation.zip.bak and system/system/bootanimation to system/system/bootanimation.bak the device won't boot the rom, it just stays on the Google logo. I can only get away with renaming the media file (system/system/media/bootanimation.zip), regardless it is pointless as the rom never loads, it just stays on the slide show animation until the fully charged battery is depleted, I will never to another alternative rom unless this issue is resolved...if it can be.

---------- Post added at 02:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 AM ----------

For goodness' sake, why are you people obsessing about the boot animation? Yes, I find it slow, but no more intrusive than other ROMS that I've tried - and I've tried a few. I have a six-year-old device running new software and I'm grateful for it. Stop corrupting the devs' work by trying to "make it better" by "improving on" the boot animation, which is of absolutely zero, zero, ZERO relevance to the functionality of the ROM. Get a life, FFS!

You are commenting without knowing what the situation is as the rom never loads, it just stays on the slide show animation until the fully charged battery is depleted hours later. regardless this is not be something to get passionate about so I will just switch to another rom to avoid upsetting people because a technical issue that should be understood occurred.

vadimkaz

Aug 11, 2016

I decided to try CrDroid as it was recommended as stable (as LOS17 is) and with great customisation opportunities. Previously was happy with LOS 17.1, but why not to try another A10 firmware. The result was just the same as you described here. I am not sure if slow animation leads to slow boot. If this is the issue, there is probably reason to remove it to default one, if not - then the developer is expected to fix something else, and no reason to fight the animation. In my case when I renamed animation files back, the system simply failed to boot (just transformed to endless animation). In fact I am not sure if the project is still in development or it was put aside.

DonCatoli

Sep 17, 2016
I decided to try CrDroid as it was recommended as stable (as LOS17 is) and with great customisation opportunities. Previously was happy with LOS 17.1, but why not to try another A10 firmware. The result was just the same as you described here. I am not sure if slow animation leads to slow boot. If this is the issue, there is probably reason to remove it to default one, if not - then the developer is expected to fix something else, and no reason to fight the animation. In my case when I renamed animation files back, the system simply failed to boot (just transformed to endless animation). In fact I am not sure if the project is still in development or it was put aside.

The older LOS 16 builds of crDroid run fine for me (other than not being able to connect to hidden SSIDs which seems common with LOS spin offs yet work perfectly with LOS builds) so you can revert to that.

hhrokarvi

Recognized Developer
May 31, 2014
New York
Google Nexus 5
AT&T LG G2
crDroid Update:

crDroidAndroid-10.0-20200628-hammerhead-v6.7.zip

Changelog

Short Changelog:
- June Security Patches
- Initial crDroid 6.7 code

- Added per-app sensor block option
- Added Ambient Edge Pulse layout
- Added OxygenOS styled dismiss all button
- Reworked quick QS brightness slider
- Fixed new clocks preview layout in settings
- Fixed an issue with data not connecting on reboot
- Optimized system performance
- Fixed overlap bug in crDroid Settings layout (Finally!!!)
- Added Divided Lines, SFUNY, Oroño, Sammy highlight and MNML clocks
- Added new default Calendar app
- Improved dark theming support
- Added Accuratist font
- Fixed bug with wallpaper that could crash system
- Made some changes to network monitor
- Redesigned BatteryMeterView
- Cleanup some duplicate settings
- Added battery temp on Battery screen in Settings
- Added thermal profiles on Battery screen in Settings
- Fixed Launcher weird UI issue with bottom bar
- Removed Google assistant hint on lockscreen (cleaner UI - shortcut works still)
- Improved Updater UI by adding support links and some more information
- Improved battery consumption
- Improved dark theme support
- Added support for per app network isolation
- Tweaked QS Header image
- Test fix Dialer not updating recent call log after call
- Fixed out of memory issues with Recorder
- Fixed QS Detail Header
- Further refined NetworkTraffic indicator
- Further refined GamingMode
- Removed ringtone audio focus for Wired/BT headset (for now)
- Updated translations

Notes
- Due to bigger System size in this update, you need to repartition your Nexus 5 even if you don't use GApps.
- Tried my fixes for the boot animation, no dice, causing building issues and more, so that issues will remain until I find some better solution.
- Don't flash the Official TWRP 3.4 if you're using repartitioned TWRP, it'll be a bad time.
- Join the Telegram Group for support, queries and banter. Link Here

Stay Safe Everyone!
:eek:

Last edited:

vadimkaz

Aug 11, 2016
crDroid Update:
- Tried my fixes for the boot animation, no dice, causing building issues and more, so that issues will remain until I find some better solution.
Hi! You are definately wrong. In 6.7 slow animation IS fixed. It is slow only at 1-st boot (and booting takes some 5-7 minutes. All further reboots take aprox 3 minutes with very fast and nice animation.
Upd: the animation starts with
red circle in the middle of display then it becomes blue, splits to several circles (and this is still slow)
then the display goes off (sleeping?) and if you wake it up with power button it suddenly starts "dancing"

Last edited:

DonCatoli

Sep 17, 2016
Hi! You are definately wrong. In 6.7 slow animation IS fixed. It is slow only at 1-st boot (and booting takes some 5-7 minutes. All further reboots take aprox 3 minutes with very fast and nice animation.
Upd: the animation starts with
red circle in the middle of display then it becomes blue, splits to several circles (and this is still slow)
then the display goes off (sleeping?) and if you wake it up with power button it suddenly starts "dancing"

Not for everyone, for me on the first boot is just stays on the bootup animation from 100% charge to 0%, never passes it. crDroid 6.6 works perfectly and is what folks that can't get past the boot animation on 6.7 should stick with until it is resolved.

vadimkaz

Aug 11, 2016
Not for everyone, for me on the first boot is just stays on the bootup animation from 100% charge to 0%, never passes it. crDroid 6.6 works perfectly and is what folks that can't get past the boot animation on 6.7 should stick with until it is resolved.
Yes, sure, the problem should be resolved for all cases: the ways we install and the platform have too many variations. We have a phone motherboard (820 or 821), a display (original or a compatible from aliexpress), memory amount (16\32). Besides we may have boot (locked\unlocked), partitions (original or resized(using one of the 2 resizing methods)). And of course we have different "clearnesses" (what we have wiped before installing). And finally what zips we install with the firmware (partition resizing zip, magisk zip, version of gapps) and exact versions of those. Of course the developer keeps in mind only some of them that he considers might influence upon the problem.

ish.org

Mar 7, 2015
Tokyo
Thank you for updating to crDroid 6.7.
I feel this is very stable.
I'm using open_gapps stock with 3gb system partition resized by hand with parted and gdisk.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!

BE3pE0l.png

Features
    Click for feature list

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!

TWRP Recovery:

TWRP Thread

ROM DOWNLOAD:
    crDroid Website
    DOWNLOAD LATEST OFFICIAL BUILD (Android 11)
    DOWNLOAD LATEST OFFICIAL BUILD (Android 10)
    DOWNLOAD LATEST OFFICIAL BUILD (Android 9 PIE)

DOWNLOAD GAPPS (PICO Version)

First time installing crDroid to your Nexus 5, or coming from another ROM:

** Make sure you're running the latest TWRP Recovery (UA or HH Version)
    1) Copy crDroid zip, gapps zip to your device
    2) Boot into Recovery
    3) Wipe cache, system, & data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
    4) Flash ROM
    5) Flash gapps
    6) Boot up

For root, AFTER you boot into the ROM, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk 21.x (whatever is most recent).

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
    The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

KNOWN ISSUES (Android 11)
    Slow Boot Animation
    Screen mirroring via slimport HDMI adapter doesn't work.
    PMF aka 802.11w doesn't work.
    Wi-Fi display doesn't work
    SELinux permissive

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running the included kernel
    - have installed any mods such as Xposed!
    - have modified system files

Thanks to:

- Google
    - LineageOS
    - SlimRoms
    - AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
    - OmniRom
    - NamelessROM
    - Many others... (if you're feeling upset being out of the thanks list just send a PM )

Sources
    Device Sources: https://github.com/frazerecho/android_device_lge_hammerhead
    Kernel Sources: https://github.com/frazerecho/android_kernel_lge_hammerhead
    Vendor Source: https://github.com/z3dd3r/android_vendor_lge

Contributors:
    @z3DD3r
    @Elektroschmock
    @amaces
    @EnesSastim
    Yu Xutian (esa-n on GitHub)
    @Sashko98

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][10.0][OFFICIAL] crDroid Android v6.12 [hammerhead], ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
    hhrokarvi
    Source Code: https://github.com/crdroidandroid

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: System Partitioned TWRP, Latest Official Bootloader & Radio
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: v6.13
    Stable Release Date: 2020-12-17
    Current Beta Version: v7.4
    Beta Release Date: 2020-03-07

Created 2019-05-19
    Last Updated 2020-11-10
    For everyone concerned...

With custom ROM's heading towards Q (Android 10) it will take time to figure out all the issues, I will be providing updates for this device until crDroid Android stops development on Pie and moves on towards Android 10.

With news that daily LineageOS builds provided by @z3DD3r will be stopping soon, I will provide updates on the same timeline I normally do, so don't worry. Nexus 5 has 1-2 more updates on Pie at least before crDroid moves on towards Android 10.

Thanks for using crDroid and all the well wishes I get from all of you.

Regards,
    Frazer.
    crDroid Update:

crDroidAndroid-9.0-20191113-hammerhead-v5.10

Changelog

Short Changelog:
    - November Security Patches
    - Updated ROM version to 5.10
    - Various updates to base
    - Updates to Network Traffic code
    - Some other fixes here and there
    - Updated translations

Note
    This is going to be the FINAL build of Pie for Nexus 5.

I'll be taking a month or so break to focus on my post-graduate studies as well as taking some time off to recuperate. I'll be back soon with fresh builds of Android 10 for Nexus 5, so don't worry about me dropping support. Huge shoutout and thanks to @EnesSastim and @z3DD3r for keeping Nexus 5 alive all this time.
    crDroid Update:

crDroidAndroid-9.0-20191014-hammerhead-v5.8

Changelog

Short Changelog:
    - October Security Patches
    - Updated kernel compiler to Clang 9.0.8
    - Updated crDroid Home (launcher)
    - Some other fixes here and there
    - Updated translations

Note
    This is going to be one of the final builds of Pie for Nexus 5, depending on how the bring-up of Android 10 goes on in the coming weeks for the device as well as the overall stability and feature parity of crDroid Android 6 (based on Android 10).
    crDroid Update:

crDroidAndroid-10.0-20200808-hammerhead-v6.9.zip

Changelog

Short Changelog:
    - August Security Patches
    - Initial crDroid 6.9 code [NICE ;)]

- Fixed issue with status bar clock getting stuck for some users
    - Fixed partial screenshot issue with screenshot sound disabled
    - Added Pulse visualizer for lockscreen and navbar (crDroid > Sound)
    - Added Tux clock
    - Added new Oswald font
    - Reworked volume dialog extension
    - Improved network traffic indicators
    - Further ARM optimizations for better performance
    - Improved color picker preferences for crDroid settings
    - Some more fixes here and there
    - Updated translations

Notes
    - Nano GApps or smaller from this build onward due to increase by Face Unlock code & application.
    - As I've said previously, This ROM now requires repartiton of System, no matter if you use GApps or not.
    Link for the Thread & TWRP in Post #2

- Some Google stuff i.e. Assistant is causing some weird issues ("internet connection issues" even when connected), which is an issue with Google as its also affecting Samsung, OnePlus phones. Nothing I can do about it.
    - Join the Telegram Group for support, queries and banter. Link Here

Stay Safe Everyone!
    :eek: