[EOL][ROM][11.0][OFFICIAL] crDroid Android v7.19 [hammerhead]

Search This thread
D

Deleted member 8880810

Hey guys,
could one describe the performance on the Nexus 5 using this ROM? I flashed it, and the phone is unbearably slow. Even small things like wanting to open a link out of the facebook app takes 10-15 seconds. Generally feels like the phone has <512mb RA1M.
Btw.: Is there a special kernel necessary or was it flashed wit the ROM?

Try rebooting it into safe mode and then after it boots up fully in safe mode, reboot back into normal mode. Hold power button to get power menu the press and hold restart. A prompt will guide you into safe mode. To go back into normal mode just restart as you usually would. Hope it helps speed things up.

omarmeleis

Jul 18, 2015
Alexandria
How to report a bug..... Bluetooth is extremely glitchy.... It is not finding other bluetooth devices when pairing or searching for nearby devices....
I tried adding in the build.prop qcom.bluetooth.soc = smd...... It just worked for a few minutes then stopped working again..

How can i repprt this bug to the developer

hhrokarvi

Recognized Developer
May 31, 2014
New York
Google Nexus 5
AT&T LG G2
crDroid Update:

crDroidAndroid-9.0-20191014-hammerhead-v5.8

Changelog

Short Changelog:
- October Security Patches
- Updated kernel compiler to Clang 9.0.8
- Updated crDroid Home (launcher)
- Some other fixes here and there
- Updated translations

Note
This is going to be one of the final builds of Pie for Nexus 5, depending on how the bring-up of Android 10 goes on in the coming weeks for the device as well as the overall stability and feature parity of crDroid Android 6 (based on Android 10).

Last edited:
May 25, 2019
I guess I am a bit late to report this, because this ROM's support is soon to be ended, but screen casting does not work. When attempting to connect, phone gets stuck on "attempting to connect" and there is no prompt to connect on the screen. Also, when browsing from the settings menu (Settings > Connected devices > Connection preferences > Cast), no devices are found ever. Strangely enough, on the Youtube app, screen casting works flawlessly. Anyway, I rarely use this feature, so I'm just pointing it out. Great ROM overall and big thanks to @hhrokarvi for his support and dedication to this project!

hhrokarvi

Recognized Developer
May 31, 2014
New York
Google Nexus 5
AT&T LG G2
crDroid Update:

crDroidAndroid-9.0-20191113-hammerhead-v5.10

Changelog

Short Changelog:
- November Security Patches
- Updated ROM version to 5.10
- Various updates to base
- Updates to Network Traffic code
- Updated translations

Note
This is going to be the FINAL build of Pie for Nexus 5.

I'll be taking a month or so break to focus on my post-graduate studies as well as taking some time off to recuperate. I'll be back soon with fresh builds of Android 10 for Nexus 5, so don't worry about me dropping support. Huge shoutout and thanks to @EnesSastim and @z3DD3r for keeping Nexus 5 alive all this time.

Swingball

Nov 14, 2019
Stuck at flashing my phone

IMPORTANT:

You only need to follow one repartition'ed TWRP below, it depends on how much System Space you want. Don't blame me if anything goes wrong.
1- You need to use repartition'ed TWRP from this thread before trying to flash this ROM, due to low System partition space. This allows 1.5 GB System Space. Repartition thread
2- You can also follow this post for another TWRP build which allows 2GB System Space. Follow the instructions there. Post Link
Download Link is in the post or here.

Do I have to follow this step in order to flash crDroid to my phone? Because I unlocked my bootloader, rooted my Nexus 5 with that CR-Root tool, installed TWRP to create a Nandroid backup before wiping my system clean. Then when I go to flash my phone TWRP keeps giving me the error 7 code. I already looked at least three YouTube videos to fix it but none of them helped me. I was using the updater-script method and comparing it to the Youtube videos for reference but still nothing worked. I don't feel like switching to ClockWorkMod either.

So am I forgetting to use a repartitioned TWRP in order to flash my phone? If my question was already answered can you link it to me? Thanks. :)

Last edited:
May 25, 2019
Do I have to follow this step in order to flash crDroid to my phone? Because I unlocked my bootloader, rooted my Nexus 5 with that CR-Root tool, installed TWRP to create a Nandroid backup before wiping my system clean. Then when I go to flash my phone TWRP keeps giving me the error 7 code. I already looked at least three YouTube videos to fix it but none of them helped me. I was using the updater-script method and comparing it to the Youtube videos for reference but still nothing worked. I don't feel like switching to ClockWorkMod either.

So am I forgetting to use a repartitioned TWRP in order to flash my phone? If my question was already answered can you link it to me? Thanks. :)

Reading your post, I assume that you are using the official TWRP and that your /system is 1GB. That is not going to work for the majority of Android 9 ROMs for Nexus 5 because there is not enough room in the system folder for ROM+Gapps (that is the error 7 you are receiving). So, long story short, yes, you have to follow one of the repartitioning processes OP has listed before you move on to flash the ROM, Gapps etc.

Dec 16, 2012
Toronto
Anyone use this ROM on hammerhead with a secondary profile? I gave this to my son on a secondary profile. He doesn't get notifications when he gets a text or a missed phone call. I can try to get screenshots when I have the phone in front of me.

Thanks in advance.

Dec 16, 2012
Toronto
Anyone use this ROM on hammerhead with a secondary profile? I gave this to my son on a secondary profile. He doesn't get notifications when he gets a text or a missed phone call. I can try to get screenshots when I have the phone in front of me.

Thanks in advance.
I gave up and I am now using Google Family Link with my son's account as the main account on the phone.

danoussh

Feb 11, 2009
Hello @hhrokarvi,
Is there way to fix stuck boot at crDoid animation logo, or fix "unable to find crypto footer" in able to get access to pictures/files in /data/...?
/data is 0Mb in size with no files.

Hoping there would be a solution get the files back. Any idea?

I've opened a topic about this: https://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-...ieve-files-t4008833/post80998991#post80998991

Thanks in advance.

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

Hello @hhrokarvi,
Is there way to fix stuck boot at crDoid animation logo, or fix "unable to find crypto footer" in able to get access to pictures/files in /data/...?
/data is 0Mb in size with no files.

Hoping there would be a solution get the files back. Any idea?

I've opened a topic about this: https://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-...ieve-files-t4008833/post80998991#post80998991

Thanks in advance.

Swingball

Nov 14, 2019
crDroid 9.10 Nexus 5 issues

In the next version of crDroid, could you guys make fix crDroid for Nexus 5 so that the arrow button at the bottom of the phone screen doesn't look glitchy when it's in the down position whenever you pull up the keyboard to type in a blank space?

Also whenever I press the square button the bottom half of my Nexus 5 flickers for a second.

The Night Light feature on this phone is also very unresponsive and I often find myself manually adjusting it even when it's set to turn on/off at sunrise/sunset.

The Nexus 5 also takes 10secs to power on from sleeping when I press the power button instead of one.

Notifications for apps (or atleast Discord) come in delayed rather than the moment it happens.

Using Google to transfer my data from another phone to setup my Nexus 5 kept stopping mid-transfer. Then I receive an message saying the app stopped working, something like that. I don't remember exactly what the message said. I kept getting the message on my notifications saying "Tap to finish setting up your Google Nexus 5" even though I couldn't because the setup kept cutting stopping midway.

I searched on Google and YouTube for these issues to no avail and I already tried clean reinstalling the ROM and OpenGapps and it's still giving me the same problems.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

tawseefinho

May 4, 2017
Awesome but 'always open with' doesn't work

Awesome work man. Keep it up please ???.
A minor issue I ran into is that if you select always open with a particular app the system doesn't remember it. You have to do it every time. It's not exactly something that's breaking the OS but for perfections sake maybe you can fix it. Thanks a lot!!
P. S: I am using it with a clean flash.

Edit: turns out the issue was with the app settings itself, which was set to always ask. So I guess you can ignore this post.

Last edited:

matusala

Oct 19, 2014
This rom is FULL of features. Thanks to authors. I noticed one thing if i enable switching to 2G when i do not have sim card in it. After locking device it's SOOOO hard to unlock it. I disabled it and everything is back to normal.
This ROM is the most feature rich i have ever seen. I wish there were roms available for OG Pixel with 1/10th of features that this rom has. Double tap anywhere to sleep, swipe down on home screen anywere to drop down notification menu and switch to 2G mode on display off these are my TOP features i like in this rom and i'd like on my OG Pixel.

hhrokarvi

Recognized Developer
May 31, 2014
New York
Google Nexus 5
AT&T LG G2
crDroid Update:

crDroidAndroid-10.0-20200106-hammerhead-v6.1.zip

GApps Link

Changelog

Short Changelog:
- SELinux Permissive
- MPDecision, Thermal Issues

- December 2019 Security Patches (Based on LineageOS 17.1)
- Initial Build

Note
Modified TWRP is needed! Links in OP. If you have installed it before, ignore this.
Initial Build of Nexus 5 for Android 10. It's a BETA. There WILL be some bugs. Proceed at your own peril. Kernel is rough around the edges, so flash at your own discretion.

Huge props to @EnesSastim and @z3DD3r for continually working on Nexus 5. This wouldn't have happened without their work. Thanks to @M Asad Khilji for helping me with the build.

Last edited:

M Asad Khilji

Mar 6, 2015
Lahore
crDroid Update:

crDroidAndroid-10.0-20200106-hammerhead-v6.1.zip

GApps Link

Changelog

Short Changelog:
- SELinux Permissive
- MPDecision, Thermal Issues

- December 2019 Security Patches (Based on LineageOS 17.1)
- Initial Build

Note
Modified TWRP is needed! Links in OP. If you have installed it before, ignore this.
Initial Build of Nexus 5 for Android 10. It's a BETA. There WILL be some bugs. Proceed at your own peril. Kernel is rough around the edges, so flash at your own discretion.

Huge props to @EnesSastim and @z3DD3r for continually working on Nexus 5. This wouldn't have happened without their work. Thanks to @M Asad Khilji for helping me with the build.

Welcome Bro ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!

BE3pE0l.png

Features
    Click for feature list

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!

TWRP Recovery:

TWRP Thread

ROM DOWNLOAD:
    crDroid Website
    DOWNLOAD LATEST OFFICIAL BUILD (Android 11)
    DOWNLOAD LATEST OFFICIAL BUILD (Android 10)
    DOWNLOAD LATEST OFFICIAL BUILD (Android 9 PIE)

DOWNLOAD GAPPS (PICO Version)

First time installing crDroid to your Nexus 5, or coming from another ROM:

** Make sure you're running the latest TWRP Recovery (UA or HH Version)
    1) Copy crDroid zip, gapps zip to your device
    2) Boot into Recovery
    3) Wipe cache, system, & data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
    4) Flash ROM
    5) Flash gapps
    6) Boot up

For root, AFTER you boot into the ROM, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk 21.x (whatever is most recent).

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
    The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

KNOWN ISSUES (Android 11)
    Slow Boot Animation
    Screen mirroring via slimport HDMI adapter doesn't work.
    PMF aka 802.11w doesn't work.
    Wi-Fi display doesn't work
    SELinux permissive

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running the included kernel
    - have installed any mods such as Xposed!
    - have modified system files

Thanks to:

- Google
    - LineageOS
    - SlimRoms
    - AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
    - OmniRom
    - NamelessROM
    - Many others... (if you're feeling upset being out of the thanks list just send a PM )

Sources
    Device Sources: https://github.com/frazerecho/android_device_lge_hammerhead
    Kernel Sources: https://github.com/frazerecho/android_kernel_lge_hammerhead
    Vendor Source: https://github.com/z3dd3r/android_vendor_lge

Contributors:
    @z3DD3r
    @Elektroschmock
    @amaces
    @EnesSastim
    Yu Xutian (esa-n on GitHub)
    @Sashko98

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][10.0][OFFICIAL] crDroid Android v6.12 [hammerhead], ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
    hhrokarvi
    Source Code: https://github.com/crdroidandroid

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: System Partitioned TWRP, Latest Official Bootloader & Radio
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: v6.13
    Stable Release Date: 2020-12-17
    Current Beta Version: v7.4
    Beta Release Date: 2020-03-07

Created 2019-05-19
    Last Updated 2020-11-10
    For everyone concerned...

With custom ROM's heading towards Q (Android 10) it will take time to figure out all the issues, I will be providing updates for this device until crDroid Android stops development on Pie and moves on towards Android 10.

With news that daily LineageOS builds provided by @z3DD3r will be stopping soon, I will provide updates on the same timeline I normally do, so don't worry. Nexus 5 has 1-2 more updates on Pie at least before crDroid moves on towards Android 10.

Thanks for using crDroid and all the well wishes I get from all of you.

Regards,
    Frazer.
    crDroid Update:

crDroidAndroid-9.0-20191113-hammerhead-v5.10

Changelog

Short Changelog:
    - November Security Patches
    - Updated ROM version to 5.10
    - Various updates to base
    - Updates to Network Traffic code
    - Updated translations

Note
    This is going to be the FINAL build of Pie for Nexus 5.

I'll be taking a month or so break to focus on my post-graduate studies as well as taking some time off to recuperate. I'll be back soon with fresh builds of Android 10 for Nexus 5, so don't worry about me dropping support. Huge shoutout and thanks to @EnesSastim and @z3DD3r for keeping Nexus 5 alive all this time.
    crDroid Update:

crDroidAndroid-9.0-20191014-hammerhead-v5.8

Changelog

Short Changelog:
    - October Security Patches
    - Updated kernel compiler to Clang 9.0.8
    - Updated crDroid Home (launcher)
    - Updated translations

Note
    This is going to be one of the final builds of Pie for Nexus 5, depending on how the bring-up of Android 10 goes on in the coming weeks for the device as well as the overall stability and feature parity of crDroid Android 6 (based on Android 10).
    crDroid Update:

crDroidAndroid-10.0-20200808-hammerhead-v6.9.zip

Changelog

Short Changelog:
    - August Security Patches
    - Initial crDroid 6.9 code [NICE ;)]

- Fixed issue with status bar clock getting stuck for some users
    - Fixed partial screenshot issue with screenshot sound disabled
    - Added Pulse visualizer for lockscreen and navbar (crDroid > Sound)
    - Added Tux clock
    - Added new Oswald font
    - Reworked volume dialog extension
    - Improved network traffic indicators
    - Further ARM optimizations for better performance
    - Improved color picker preferences for crDroid settings
    - Some more fixes here and there
    - Updated translations

Notes
    - Nano GApps or smaller from this build onward due to increase by Face Unlock code & application.
    - As I've said previously, This ROM now requires repartiton of System, no matter if you use GApps or not.
    Link for the Thread & TWRP in Post #2

- Some Google stuff i.e. Assistant is causing some weird issues ("internet connection issues" even when connected), which is an issue with Google as its also affecting Samsung, OnePlus phones. Nothing I can do about it.
    - Join the Telegram Group for support, queries and banter. Link Here

Stay Safe Everyone!
    :eek: