[ROM][11.0][OFFICIAL] crDroid Android v7.19 [shamu]

Search This thread

Techguy777

Flashed the latest version (came from stock). Did clean flash. Now it's stuck at the crdroid logo during boot. waited for over 1 hour but nothing happened. Any hints what I can do?
Yes you boot into recovery and reflash the ROM zip and gapps. I haven't messed around on this phone in months so I don't know if it's the ROM zip or if you messed up. I am using crdroid on my nexus 6 but I'm a couple updates behind. Orange fox recovery, ROM zip, and gapps and of course magisk is optional but I always flash it.

You sound new did you make a backup on the phone with Orange fox or usb otg stick or hdd? You restore backup if you did. The nexus 6 is probably the easiest phone to root and flash stuff.

To boot into recovery in bootloop you hold volume down and power key until it reboots into fastboot mode. Then you use volume keys to change the boot to recovery on the screen and power to enter recovery. Don't worry your phone is going to be fine.

Last edited:

Erinnyen

Nov 24, 2010
Thanks for the answer. Everything is backed up. I had the problem with encrypted partition, so I downloaded a stock rom (5.1.0) from google and patched the boot.bin with a tool to remove default encryption.
All went successful. I was able to copy the crdroid rom+gapps to internal userdata and install from twrp.
You suggest using recovery, I guess it's not different from using twrp? I followed the install guide here in page1 which suggests using twrp.

I repeated again the following steps with the same result. Steps were:
* go into fastboot recovery (holding vol- + power on start)
* boot into twrp (fastboot boot twrp.img with usb connected to PC) I use latest shamu twrp version
* In TWRP wipe->advanced wipe-> cache, system, data
* install latest crdroid (crDroidAndroid-11.0-20220415-shamu-v7.17) no errors reported by twrp
* install opengapps nano (open_gapps-arm-11.0-nano-20220503)

reboot and it hangs on the crdroid logo. It's not really looping in the sense that it really reboots in an interval it just seems to stay there forever. Phone gets pretty hot while in this state, so it does seem to do something, but as I said I left it in the state for a very long time before giving up.

Last edited:

Erinnyen

Nov 24, 2010
It still does not work. Here are the exact steps I did:
* boot into twrp (fastboot boot twrp.img with usb connected to PC) I use latest shamu twrp version
* In TWRP wipe->advanced wipe-> format data
* copy crdroid and gapps to device over USB
* wipe->advanced wipe-> wipe system, cache
* install latest crdroid (crDroidAndroid-11.0-20220415-shamu-v7.17) no errors reported by twrp
* reboot

It still hangs on the crdroid logo flashing in google colors.
Is there some kind of log file one could look at why it is stuck on first time boot?

Techguy777

* reboot

Is there some kind of log file one could look at why it is stuck on first time boot?
Im not recommending orangefox recover, Im telling you have to use orange fox. Its the only recovery that will flash android 11. Twrp is screwed up.

The way I do it is I have the zips for crdroid, gapps, and magisk on internal storage.

from orange fox I do a wipe with everything but internal
I dont know if your coming from stock and encrypted you will need a usb otg stick or your pc. Ive never done it through a pc. Ive always used a otg stick

flash crdroid
flash gapps open gapps pico or micro works arm android 11
flash magisk v24.3 and reboot

let me know heres the orangefox link you have to use orange fox its not optional

Reactions: dahawthorne

Techguy777

* reboot

Orange FOX IS TWRP really. It's coded with TWRP and orange FOX source code. But you have to use custom recoveries that have been built for the proper android like android 11 or 12. The problem is developers just copy and paste OP and than you flash TWRP. It's to save time and not type it out

dahawthorne

Nov 15, 2014
Brighton
@Techguy777
Yes, I agree with your Orangefox suggestion. I should have thought of that, but it was only reading your comment that I remembered that on my Oneplus 8T, installing crDroid 12, TWRP failed time and time again, and Orangefox worked first time. I use Orangefox as my recovery of preference on my own Nexus 6 and it's a really great recovery.

@Erinnyen You can temporarily boot Orangefox in exactly the same way as TWRP - no need to permanently install it, though IMO you should, as I think it's the best recovery option. I say that after many years of using TWRP, which is great, but no longer as good as Orangefox. (No, I don't have shares... :))

Last edited:

Techguy777

@Techguy777
Yes, I agree with your Orangefox suggestion. I should have thought of that, but it was only reading your comment that I remembered that on my Oneplus 8T, installing crDroid 12, TWRP failed time and time again, and Orangefox worked first time. I use Orangefox as my recovery of preference on my own Nexus 6 and it's a really great recovery.

@Erinnyen You can temporarily boot Orangefox in exactly the same way as TWRP - no need to permanently install it, though IMO you should, as I think it's the best recovery option. I say that after many years of using TWRP, which is great, but no longer as good as Orangefox. (No, I don't have shares... :))
I agree orangefox and SHRPs are better than twrp now. Orangefox has search and thats so awesome

Reactions: dahawthorne

jcrompton

Nov 30, 2004
Hurricane, WV
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 5a
I couldn't be sure if the search for this thread worked or not - but couldn't find anything.

I am trying to set up my old Nexus 6 as a navigation device for my car. Needs root and some tasker or macrodroid scripts. I got the the latest cDroid installed last night with Gapps and Magisk. Installed Waze. (btw I tried to install just plain ole Lineage 18.1 and kept getting an android setup force close)

My problem is that I can't seem to get a consistent GPS fix - a status app says only one satellite connecting. Anyone have this problem and a fix??
Any suggestions re best OS for just a device that will basically only run Waze or Google maps in the car? I have used cDroid in the past but I realize it may have more than I need

PS - also noticed that after I installed Waze it was very slow to load and kept trying to FC but I could force it to work if I just clicked Wait instead of close -- might be due tot he poor GPS fix though??

Last edited:

hhrokarvi

Recognized Developer
May 31, 2014
New York
Google Nexus 5
AT&T LG G2
crDroid Update:

crDroidAndroid-11.0-20220616-shamu-v7.19.zip

Changelog

Short Changelog:
- Initial crDroid 7.19 code base
- Updated to June 2022 security patches

- Some QOL improvements
- Updated translations

Notes
- CLEAN FLASH RECOMMENDED
- Want to help, use the built-in MatLog app to send logs.
- I recommend official
OpenGApps (Nano Variant)
- Join the Telegram Group for support, queries and banter. Link Here

Stay Safe Everyone!

ze7zez

Aug 24, 2012
Kraków
nz.geoview.info
OMG the download is taking ages.

Choose a server that is close to your provider.

Choose a different mirror:​

McMannes

Oct 12, 2012
i cant load any app with this rom. cause play store says: insufficient storage. but i have near 25 gb. how can i solve this problem

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    crDroid Update:

crDroidAndroid-11.0-20220616-shamu-v7.19.zip

Changelog

Short Changelog:
    - Initial crDroid 7.19 code base
    - Updated to June 2022 security patches

- Some QOL improvements
    - Updated translations

Notes
    - CLEAN FLASH RECOMMENDED
    - Want to help, use the built-in MatLog app to send logs.
    - I recommend official
    OpenGApps (Nano Variant)

Stay Safe Everyone!

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!

BE3pE0l.png

Features
    Click for feature list

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!

TWRP Recovery:

TWRP

ROM DOWNLOAD:
    crDroid Site
    DOWNLOAD LATEST OFFICIAL BUILD (Android 11)
    DOWNLOAD LATEST OFFICIAL BUILD (Android 10)
    DOWNLOAD LATEST OFFICIAL BUILD (Pie)

DOWNLOAD GAPPS

First time installing crDroid to your Nexus 6, or coming from another ROM:

** Make sure you're running the latest TWRP Recovery
    1) Copy crDroid zip, gapps zip to your device
    2) Boot into Recovery
    3) Wipe cache, system, & data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
    4) Flash ROM
    5) Flash gapps
    6) Boot up

For root, AFTER you boot into the ROM, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk 21.4 or later. (YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED).

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
    The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

KNOWN ISSUES
    -_-

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running the included kernel
    - have installed any mods such as Xposed!
    - have modified system files

Thanks to:

- Google
    - LineageOS
    - SlimRoms
    - AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
    - OmniRom
    - NamelessROM
    - Many others... (if you're feeling upset being out of the thanks list just send a PM )

Sources
    Device Source: https://github.com/frazerecho/android_device_moto_shamu
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_moto_shamu
    Vendor Source: https://github.com/TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_motorola

Contributors:

XDA:DevDB Information

[ROM][10.0][OFFICIAL] crDroid Android v6.12 [shamu], ROM for the Nexus 6

Contributors
    hhrokarvi
    Source Code: https://github.com/crdroidandroid

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest TWRP, Radio and Bootloader from last Official Update
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: v6.13
    Stable Release Date: 2020-12-16
    Current Beta Version: v7.4
    Beta Release Date: 2021-03-07

Created 2019-05-19
    Last Updated 2020-11-10
    crDroid Update:

crDroidAndroid-9.0-20191113-shamu-v5.10

Changelog

Short Changelog:
    - November Security Patches
    - Updated ROM version to 5.10
    - Various updates to base
    - Updates to Network Traffic code
    - Some other fixes here and there
    - Updated translations

Note
    This is going to be the FINAL build of Pie for Nexus 6.

I'll be taking a month or so break to focus on my post-graduate studies as well as taking some time off to recuperate. I'll be back soon with fresh builds of Android 10 for Nexus 6 depending on the progress made by LineageOS maintainers @Elektroschmock and @npjohnson and thanks to both for keeping Nexus 6 alive.
    crDroid Update:

crDroidAndroid-10.0-20200512-shamu-v6.6.zip

Changelog

Short Changelog:
    - For MTP, Go to Dev Options -> Default USB Configuration -> Set to "File Transfer"
    - Camera Fixed. [Read Below]
    - May Security Patches
    - Initial crDroid 6.6 code

- Added weather tile and weather on lockscreen initial support
    - New customizations for "At a glance" feature of crDroid Home Launcher
    - Added option for ringtone playback on both speakers and headset or only headset when using bluetooth
    - Fixed keyboard non popping in Jelly (default browser)
    - Tweaked pin input keyboard height
    - Improved performance with some UI elements
    - Fixed possible crash with some games
    - Launcher improvements for icon pack support and app info
    - Network traffic improvements
    - AOD Tile improvement
    - ARM optimizations (Smooth af :laugh:)
    - Fixed some Calendar issues
    - Updated translations

Notes
    - The ROM is smoother for me as far as my pervious builds go. Rejoice!
    - Many changes to LineageOS Kernel and device, Camera is fixed on my side. Testing it for a day. If anyone else has issues, it's most probably due to hardware differences etc etc. Can't be fixed in software easily. As its said, Your Mileage May Vary...
    - All GApps variants work fine now. It was a permissions issue with the Stock crDroid Launcher.

Stay Safe Everyone!
    :eek:
    crDroid Update:

crDroidAndroid-10.0-20200516-shamu-v6.6.zip

Changelog

Short Changelog:
    - For MTP, Go to Dev Options -> Default USB Configuration -> Set to "File Transfer"
    - Fixed the random audio issues and hangs while gaming.

- Added Lato and Rubik fonts
    - Some fixes for Stock Launcher
    - Updated translations

Notes
    - Dirty Flash if you're already on my 05/12 build, if you're running anything older, Clean Flash it.
    - The ROM is still smoother for me as far as my pervious builds go. Rejoice!

- All GApps variants work fine now. It was a permissions issue with the Stock crDroid Launcher.

Stay Safe Everyone!
    :eek:
    crDroid Update:

crDroidAndroid-10.0-20200412-shamu-v6.5.zip (SourceForge Link)

Changelog

Short Changelog:
    - Initial crDroid 6.5 code
    - April Security patches
    - SELinux Enforcing (SafetyNet Passes)
    - For MTP, go to Dev Options -> Default USB Configuration -> set it to "File Transfer"
    - Text fix Android Auto (I don't have a car with Android Auto, so can't confirm)
    - Camera working admirably. [Read Below]
    - Call Issues Fixed! (FINALLY)
    - Updated kernel clang compiler to 10.0.6

- Added option to disable Quick Settings on secure lockscreen
    - Added new option panels for long press on different QS tiles (see Wifi, BT, mobile data, NFC, etc)
    - Added native screen recording tile and power menu
    - Added per-app data usage restrictions
    - Added some new fonts
    - Added Screen Stabilization (customize with long press on QS tile)
    - Added vibration controls (Settings -> Sound -> Vibration & haptics)
    - Added vibration strength control
    - Improved Messaging app dark support
    - Improved overall haptics
    - Removed Launcher promisse app feature
    - Fixed vibration issues with Dialer app
    - Updated translations

Note
    - CLEAN FLASH RECOMMENDED.

- It's STILL a BETA -ish. As far as calls go, I haven't had the problem personally in this update. Been running it for a day. Camera gives a headache sometimes, which can be mitigated by a quick reboot. That's all about that, but your mileage may vary.
    - About GApps, flash nano or below variant, as Pixel Launcher in the micro variant causes some issues with default launcher. This is a GApps issue.
    - Magisk 20.4 solves the issues we've been having with it since some time. Flash 20.4 version and above only.
    - Huge thanks and props to @Elektroschmock and @npjohnson and all other contributors who have helped the Orca in any way, and for LineageOS 17.1!! :laugh:

Stay Safe Everyone! :eek: