[ROM][11.0][OFFICIAL] crDroid Android v7.2 [shamu]

hhrokarvi

Recognized Developer
May 31, 2014
New York
Thank you so much, rom is working great... One thing tho I can't get Viper4android to work... It can't install the driver... I think it needs 32 bit support... Any ideas?
There are some bugs with Viper and Nova. You can make them work with workarounds.... But I won't recommend doing that as it breaks the system. (Viper cause SystemUI to crash repeatedly, I use it as well, I've tested. :') )

dahawthorne

Nov 15, 2014
Brighton
Do you mean Nova Launcher? I've been using that for years and really like it, so that would put a stop to my installation of the ROM for the moment at least, which would be a shame. I hope you mean something else... 😉
Edit: I did find one "problem" reported - the double-tap wake function in Nova - but Nova has three options to lock and choosing the wrong one will disable the wake functionality. Is there another problem?

Last edited:

spiral777

Oct 21, 2011
Chicago
There are some bugs with Viper and Nova. You can make them work with workarounds.... But I won't recommend doing that as it breaks the system. (Viper cause SystemUI to crash repeatedly, I use it as well, I've tested. :') )
If you try anything else and need a tester id be happy to :)

Thank you so much for continuing to support the Nexus 6

Reactions: hhrokarvi

hhrokarvi

Recognized Developer
May 31, 2014
New York
Do you mean Nova Launcher? I've been using that for years and really like it, so that would put a stop to my installation of the ROM for the moment at least, which would be a shame. I hope you mean something else... 😉
Edit: I did find one "problem" reported - the double-tap wake function in Nova - but Nova has three options to lock and choosing the wrong one will disable the wake functionality. Is there another problem?
Yes, I meant Nova Launcher. The latest Nova v7 (still in BETA though, using apk from apkmirror) doesn't work properly, the Play Store (Beta) version v6.2.xx works fine after you turn on the Accessibility service/function of it in Settings

Update: Just checked the double tap to "sleep" function (root option) it works properly.

pinakini

Jul 14, 2014
Started using the rom for about a hr and dropped it cause it was way too buggy gonna try it in March again...
How?
It's great for me. Mobile network working flawless. Airtel India. Only thing I noticed is Google camera freeze.
Thanks hhrokarvi. 24 hours of usage. No magisk.
All monetary apps are good. Very stable for a beta.

Last edited:

dahawthorne

Nov 15, 2014
Brighton
Andrid 11 clean flash with OpenGapps Pico & Magisk 21.4.
I've spent half of Saturday setting things up again, and the only genuine problem I've seen is "DM Config Update keeps stopping". I have no idea what this does, but I've disabled it in Titanium Backup and don't think I've seen any related problems yet.
Everything seems to work fine, though I've had to spend a lot of time refining permissions to get all the apps working. The last thing I haven't so far been able to fix is Bitwarden Face Unlock, although Face Unlock itself works perfectly. If anyone is using Bitwarden (recommended password manager) and has successfully got the security option to enable biometric Face Unlock, I'd be grateful if they could tell me the secret... :)
hhrokarvi, thanks again, as always.

Reactions: ardonhs

hhrokarvi

Recognized Developer
May 31, 2014
New York
Andrid 11 clean flash with OpenGapps Pico & Magisk 21.4.
I've spent half of Saturday setting things up again, and the only genuine problem I've seen is "DM Config Update keeps stopping". I have no idea what this does, but I've disabled it in Titanium Backup and don't think I've seen any related problems yet.
Everything seems to work fine, though I've had to spend a lot of time refining permissions to get all the apps working. The last thing I haven't so far been able to fix is Bitwarden Face Unlock, although Face Unlock itself works perfectly. If anyone is using Bitwarden (recommended password manager) and has successfully got the security option to enable biometric Face Unlock, I'd be grateful if they could tell me the secret... :)
hhrokarvi, thanks again, as always.
Thanks for the honest review.
DM Config Update is a Verizon app, proprietary to shamu... I don't think its needed in your circumstances, you can safely delete it.. I thought this was causing the mobile data error, but I was looking at the wrong direction.
I'll look into bitwarden if something can be done on my side. Nova working fine for you? Tried the v7 beta version or stuck with v6 on Play Store?

@spiral777 I might have found a fix for Viper... I think the issue was on my side there. Will release an update soon.

spiral777

Oct 21, 2011
Chicago
Thanks for the honest review.
DM Config Update is a Verizon app, proprietary to shamu... I don't think its needed in your circumstances, you can safely delete it.. I thought this was causing the mobile data error, but I was looking at the wrong direction.
I'll look into bitwarden if something can be done on my side. Nova working fine for you? Tried the v7 beta version or stuck with v6 on Play Store?

@spiral777 I might have found a fix for Viper... I think the issue was on my side there. Will release an update soon.
Thank you for all your hard work 💪 looking forward to the update 😊

Reactions: mahir555

dahawthorne

Nov 15, 2014
Brighton
hhrokarvi, one small thing to report. On your Android 10 Google Camera 4.2.035.141213305 worked perfectly (this is the last version of GC that works on the N6), but on Android 11 I get only a black screen.
Open Camera and the Android 11 camera work ok, but I like GC's HDR option.
Not a problem, just feedback.

Reactions: mahir555

fueled

Aug 20, 2010
I was trying to play youtube videos at 1440p resolution , but that option is not available, i can only go upto 1080p dont know why.

hhrokarvi

Recognized Developer
May 31, 2014
New York
hhrokarvi, one small thing to report. On your Android 10 Google Camera 4.2.035.141213305 worked perfectly (this is the last version of GC that works on the N6), but on Android 11 I get only a black screen.
Open Camera and the Android 11 camera work ok, but I like GC's HDR option.
Not a problem, just feedback.
Think it's related to app not being updated for Android 11... I use the Google Camera GO Edition by Greatness, works fine.
You can try it here. It has HDR, Portrait, Night mode for Android Go devices.. Not amazing but it works.
The Google Camera NX version (made with Android 7 in mind) doesn't work properly.

dahawthorne

Nov 15, 2014
Brighton
Perhaps related... Netflix is refusing to start - "Error 500". Magisk Hide enabled, VPN split tunnelling, everything I can think of, but no luck. It was fine on crDroid 10. Maybe an older version might work? Anyone got a working version I can look for?

moonwolfyt

Mar 29, 2020
How?
It's great for me. Mobile network working flawless. Airtel India. Only thing I noticed is Google camera freeze.
Thanks hhrokarvi. 24 hours of usage. No magisk.
All monetary apps are good. Very stable for a beta.
Compared to Lineage 17.1 it heats up way more and im seeing alot more crashes plus GCam crashes so im gonna wait until heat problems are fixed and cam works but customization works and disabling transparency is a very nice touch and im not seeing artifacts like other roms! Very nice (y)

dahawthorne

Nov 15, 2014
Brighton
Sorry, hhrokarvi, very rude of me to miss this question. I'm on Nova 6 on Play Store. Even though I'm a beta user they haven't offered version 7.
Apart from Bitwarden (no problem, I can use a short PIN, which is probably safer) and Netflix (not critical on such a small screen) everything seems to be working fine. Thank you again...