[EOL][ROM][11.0][OFFICIAL] crDroid Android v7.19 [shamu]

Search This thread
Gmail requests permission to contacts and would not let me press allow, only back and forced the deny. Found out contacts was not installed, installed it then contact requests permission to contacts and will not allow me except for pressing back and it denies it.

Anyone seen this?

Phone and messages have access to contacts fine.

U can manually modify permissions after in the Gmail -- App info -- Storage and cache -- Clear storage and Clear cache.

alvi.bagolini

Aug 4, 2017
minor bug report: wi-fi toggle in quick settings going crazy from time to time, does not switch wi-fi on.. have to reboot.
cheers!

hhrokarvi

Recognized Developer
May 31, 2014
New York
Google Nexus 5
AT&T LG G2
crDroid Update:

crDroidAndroid-11.0-20210307-shamu-v7.4.zip

Changelog

Short Changelog:
- March Security Patches
- Initial crDroid v7.4 code
- Face Unlock only activates when "Swipe Up" from lockscreen

- Moved charging sound settings to crDroid Settings
- Added toggle to play a sound when battery fully charged
- Added toggle to vibrate when fully charged
- Added switch styles (crDroidSettings -> UI)
- Changed QS autobrightness icon to the one from OOS
- Added 404 IDE Clock (Settings -> Display -> Style and Wallpaper -> Clock)
- Changed to seekbar option for font size and icon size options on Launcher
- Fixed partial screenshot option
- Allow user to add/remove QS with one click
- Added Alert Slider SystemUI dialog
- Added QS tile styles
- Added deep sleep info in about page
- Added phone ringtone setting for SIM1 and SIM2
- Added low quality screen record option
- Added toggle to show/hide stop dot on screen record
- Added Sensor block per-package option (crDroidSettings -> Misc)
- Added OOS style notification clear all button (crDroidSettings -> Quick Settings)
- Added toast icon to toast notifications
- Fixed some issue with pulse
- Fixed an issue with apps that use 0.8 font scale
- Added option for tint QS Tile with accent color (crDroid Settings -> Quick Settings)
- Added option to show pulze (visualizer) on ambient screen (crDroid Settings -> Sound -> Pulse -> Ambient pulse)
- Added option to show/hide QS footer icons (User account, Edit tiles icon, Running services shortcut, Settings shortcut)
- Fixed a possible mount issue for Magisk
- Updated translations

Notes
- Want to help with bugs, use the built-in MatLog app to send logs.
-
Gapps Link Here (Nano Package)
- Disable Blur in Settings -> Display for decreasing artifacts on the screen, our device is slightly underpowered for such animations.
- Join the Telegram Group for support, queries and banter. Link Here

Stay Safe Everyone!

dahawthorne

Nov 15, 2014
Brighton
Hi, hhrokarvi. Great job, as usual - thank you.
Just out of curiosity, why the change to swipe up to activate face unlock? It works perfectly - just asking.

Reactions: hhrokarvi

hhrokarvi

Recognized Developer
May 31, 2014
New York
Google Nexus 5
AT&T LG G2
Hi, hhrokarvi. Great job, as usual - thank you.
Just out of curiosity, why the change to swipe up to activate face unlock? It works perfectly - just asking.

I think it works better this way. Sometimes you just want to see new notifications or just glance at it but not unlock the phone itself, but it ends up unlocking the phone and goes to your home screen.

I think this way is better, but if it's not a popular change I'll revert it.

dahawthorne

Nov 15, 2014
Brighton
That makes sense. Thank you. There have been a few times when I've picked the phone up and it has immediately unlocked, which was a surprise - your way does give better control.

hhrokarvi

Recognized Developer
May 31, 2014
New York
Google Nexus 5
AT&T LG G2
That makes sense. Thank you. There have been a few times when I've picked the phone up and it has immediately unlocked, which was a surprise - your way does give better control.

And I might have fixed the Bitwarden issue you were having and some more QOL improvements to the face unlock feature. Testing it, will release it in the next update. :)

psychoela

Dec 21, 2014
OnePlus 7 Pro
Im absolutely baffled at the rom. How in the hell does viper or edxposed cause it to fail? Well just viper really xposed can be funny.
there are magisk bug mayb cuz module not load correctly,btw we a still can use v4a in this rom even with enforcing or without legacy mode
Screenshot_20210311-081130_Settings.png

Techguy777

May 24, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite
Xiaomi Poco F3
there are magisk bug mayb cuz module not load correctly,btw we a still can use v4a in this rom even with enforcing or without legacy modeView attachment 5246219
I never tried that viper I always use 2.3.4 off magisk 4.4 zip. With a permissive kernel it's never an issue as a user app. Matter of fact I like using lock effect so I can use the bluetooth options on my speakers I can increase the gain and use clarity option to sound cleaner. On nexus 6 though it makes a hiss but I don't mind.

psychoela

Dec 21, 2014
OnePlus 7 Pro
I never tried that viper I always use 2.3.4 off magisk 4.4 zip. With a permissive kernel it's never an issue as a user app. Matter of fact I like using lock effect so I can use the bluetooth options on my speakers I can increase the gain and use clarity option to sound cleaner. On nexus 6 though it makes a hiss but I don't mind.
I can feel u mind, same as me, using my sony xb10 without any customize just boost the power :cool:.btw sory for ot, this rom is awesome, very thank to @hhrokarvi

GglNxs6

Mar 12, 2021
I have installed version 7.4 but m not able to run netflix its continuoisly saying error 500-1006 i have bypass google play y and use apk pure to download latest netflix app same result....even i managed to root the device using magisk and hide google play services and down load netflix from play store installed it and yet same error....any help

GglNxs6

Mar 12, 2021
Hello.
First of all thankyou for this wonderful ROM I have been using this since 2 days and there is no problem in day to day matters and normal use. certainly I just want to report an issue I am facing with Netflix application I have download this application from APKPURE because of this Google Play services issue if my device bootloader is unlock so it is not available on Google Play store. The issue is that I am continuously facing an error which is 500-1006. so before posting this issue I have done a search for this issie over internet and yet able to install the version 4.6 whixh is the only working version in this ROM CrDroid 7.4 but the latest versions are not working. Ihave done every possible solution uninstalled it clean cache data restart device every thing but no luck. Even i tries to root my device yhroughnmagisk and wwas successful with that as eell hide google services download the official version from Playstore but same error. Can anyone please guide me how to resolve this issue or anyone else facing the same and get any resolution of it thank you in advance

spiral777

Oct 21, 2011
Chicago
Nexus 6
Google Pixel
I think it works better this way. Sometimes you just want to see new notifications or just glance at it but not unlock the phone itself, but it ends up unlocking the phone and goes to your home screen.

I think this way is better, but if it's not a popular change I'll revert it.
Does anyone have Viper4android working on this Rom yet?

Edit: saw a few posts back... But after install the V4A app is never in my app drawer...

hhrokarvi

Recognized Developer
May 31, 2014
New York
Google Nexus 5
AT&T LG G2
PSA
Due to some issues with DMCA takedowns, the future builds of shamu and hammerhead will not contain face unlock functionality due to core of that function was ported from Motorola sources.
On a better note, we've already worked up a decent replacement for it. It also works as a biometric replacement for apps such as password managers etc.

It's working fine on my OnePlus 3T and Poco X3 but it's not supported yet for arm32 devices.

If it's fixed before next update, well and good. If it's not, the next update for shamu and hammerhead will not have face unlock functionality.

I've also readded built in App Locker, and it works with face unlock.

Apologies for this minor setback.

HD2FORNICK

Mar 14, 2011
Great ROM and now my daily driver. Great job Dev. If it's not too much to ask could you add an applock built in the ROM? Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!

BE3pE0l.png

Features
    Click for feature list

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!

TWRP Recovery:

TWRP

ROM DOWNLOAD:
    crDroid Site
    DOWNLOAD LATEST OFFICIAL BUILD (Android 11)
    DOWNLOAD LATEST OFFICIAL BUILD (Android 10)
    DOWNLOAD LATEST OFFICIAL BUILD (Pie)

DOWNLOAD GAPPS

First time installing crDroid to your Nexus 6, or coming from another ROM:

** Make sure you're running the latest TWRP Recovery
    1) Copy crDroid zip, gapps zip to your device
    2) Boot into Recovery
    3) Wipe cache, system, & data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
    4) Flash ROM
    5) Flash gapps
    6) Boot up

For root, AFTER you boot into the ROM, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk 21.4 or later. (YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED).

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
    The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

KNOWN ISSUES
    -_-

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running the included kernel
    - have installed any mods such as Xposed!
    - have modified system files

Thanks to:

- Google
    - LineageOS
    - SlimRoms
    - AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
    - OmniRom
    - NamelessROM
    - Many others... (if you're feeling upset being out of the thanks list just send a PM )

Sources
    Device Source: https://github.com/frazerecho/android_device_moto_shamu
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_moto_shamu
    Vendor Source: https://github.com/TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_motorola

Contributors:

XDA:DevDB Information

[ROM][10.0][OFFICIAL] crDroid Android v6.12 [shamu], ROM for the Nexus 6

Contributors
    hhrokarvi
    Source Code: https://github.com/crdroidandroid

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest TWRP, Radio and Bootloader from last Official Update
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: v6.13
    Stable Release Date: 2020-12-16
    Current Beta Version: v7.4
    Beta Release Date: 2021-03-07

Created 2019-05-19
    Last Updated 2020-11-10
    crDroid Update:

crDroidAndroid-9.0-20191113-shamu-v5.10

Changelog

Short Changelog:
    - November Security Patches
    - Updated ROM version to 5.10
    - Various updates to base
    - Updates to Network Traffic code
    - Some other fixes here and there
    - Updated translations

Note
    This is going to be the FINAL build of Pie for Nexus 6.

I'll be taking a month or so break to focus on my post-graduate studies as well as taking some time off to recuperate. I'll be back soon with fresh builds of Android 10 for Nexus 6 depending on the progress made by LineageOS maintainers @Elektroschmock and @npjohnson and thanks to both for keeping Nexus 6 alive.
    crDroid Update:

crDroidAndroid-10.0-20200512-shamu-v6.6.zip

Changelog

Short Changelog:
    - For MTP, Go to Dev Options -> Default USB Configuration -> Set to "File Transfer"
    - Camera Fixed. [Read Below]
    - May Security Patches
    - Initial crDroid 6.6 code

- Added weather tile and weather on lockscreen initial support
    - New customizations for "At a glance" feature of crDroid Home Launcher
    - Added option for ringtone playback on both speakers and headset or only headset when using bluetooth
    - Fixed keyboard non popping in Jelly (default browser)
    - Tweaked pin input keyboard height
    - Improved performance with some UI elements
    - Fixed possible crash with some games
    - Launcher improvements for icon pack support and app info
    - Network traffic improvements
    - AOD Tile improvement
    - ARM optimizations (Smooth af :laugh:)
    - Fixed some Calendar issues
    - Updated translations

Notes
    - The ROM is smoother for me as far as my pervious builds go. Rejoice!
    - Many changes to LineageOS Kernel and device, Camera is fixed on my side. Testing it for a day. If anyone else has issues, it's most probably due to hardware differences etc etc. Can't be fixed in software easily. As its said, Your Mileage May Vary...
    - All GApps variants work fine now. It was a permissions issue with the Stock crDroid Launcher.

Stay Safe Everyone!
    :eek:
    crDroid Update:

crDroidAndroid-10.0-20200516-shamu-v6.6.zip

Changelog

Short Changelog:
    - For MTP, Go to Dev Options -> Default USB Configuration -> Set to "File Transfer"
    - Fixed the random audio issues and hangs while gaming.

- Added Lato and Rubik fonts
    - Some fixes for Stock Launcher
    - Updated translations

Notes
    - Dirty Flash if you're already on my 05/12 build, if you're running anything older, Clean Flash it.
    - The ROM is still smoother for me as far as my pervious builds go. Rejoice!

- All GApps variants work fine now. It was a permissions issue with the Stock crDroid Launcher.

Stay Safe Everyone!
    :eek:
    crDroid Update:

crDroidAndroid-10.0-20200412-shamu-v6.5.zip (SourceForge Link)

Changelog

Short Changelog:
    - Initial crDroid 6.5 code
    - April Security patches
    - SELinux Enforcing (SafetyNet Passes)
    - For MTP, go to Dev Options -> Default USB Configuration -> set it to "File Transfer"
    - Text fix Android Auto (I don't have a car with Android Auto, so can't confirm)
    - Camera working admirably. [Read Below]
    - Call Issues Fixed! (FINALLY)
    - Updated kernel clang compiler to 10.0.6

- Added option to disable Quick Settings on secure lockscreen
    - Added new option panels for long press on different QS tiles (see Wifi, BT, mobile data, NFC, etc)
    - Added native screen recording tile and power menu
    - Added per-app data usage restrictions
    - Added some new fonts
    - Added Screen Stabilization (customize with long press on QS tile)
    - Added vibration controls (Settings -> Sound -> Vibration & haptics)
    - Added vibration strength control
    - Improved Messaging app dark support
    - Improved overall haptics
    - Removed Launcher promisse app feature
    - Fixed vibration issues with Dialer app
    - Updated translations

Note
    - CLEAN FLASH RECOMMENDED.

- It's STILL a BETA -ish. As far as calls go, I haven't had the problem personally in this update. Been running it for a day. Camera gives a headache sometimes, which can be mitigated by a quick reboot. That's all about that, but your mileage may vary.
    - About GApps, flash nano or below variant, as Pixel Launcher in the micro variant causes some issues with default launcher. This is a GApps issue.
    - Magisk 20.4 solves the issues we've been having with it since some time. Flash 20.4 version and above only.
    - Huge thanks and props to @Elektroschmock and @npjohnson and all other contributors who have helped the Orca in any way, and for LineageOS 17.1!! :laugh:

Stay Safe Everyone! :eek: