[EOL][ROM][11.0][OFFICIAL] crDroid Android v7.19 [hammerhead]

Search This thread

hhrokarvi

Recognized Developer
May 31, 2014
New York
Google Nexus 5
AT&T LG G2
I really like this ROM. I received the OTA notification this week. My phone was freezing once or twice a day so I thought the new update might solve that issue.

Originally flashed version from late february 2021a couple of weeks ago
Downloaded OTA v7.4 today
Pressed Install
Using recovery marounofrio
NikGapps addon backed up google stuff
Installation proceeded and phone restarted

Then received message that from different google services and crdroid home not starting.

Crash log: https://del.dog/prapanimes

Do I have to do a clean install every update? I know that a clean install will work, just wondering if there's anything I can try before going that way.

Please let me know if you need further info. I'll gladly provided it.

Issues with GApps... I can't do much about that bro. Android 11 GApps for ARM devices are messy. I can't do much other than send your log to the devs responsible, which I have already done.

Saint George

Aug 15, 2008
London
Nvidia Shield
Google Nexus 5
I would like to know whether the auto rotation app used in this ROM is Rotation by Pranav Pandey.

It is one of the features I like the most in crDroid ROM and I would like to use it in my daily driver (Unfortunately it is no longer my old Nexus 5). I am thinking of buying the app but I want to be sure that is the one I need, before paying for it. Regards

hhrokarvi

Recognized Developer
May 31, 2014
New York
Google Nexus 5
AT&T LG G2
PSA
Due to some issues with DMCA takedowns, the future builds of shamu and hammerhead will not contain face unlock functionality due to core of that function was ported from Motorola sources.
On a better note, we've already worked up a decent replacement for it. It also works as a biometric replacement for apps such as password managers etc.

It's working fine on my OnePlus 3T and Poco X3 but it's not supported yet for arm32 devices.

If it's fixed before next update, well and good. If it's not, the next update for shamu and hammerhead will not have face unlock functionality.

I've also readded built in App Locker, and it works with face unlock.

Apologies for this minor setback.

nykstark98

Jun 8, 2020
Hi at all,
I have a Nexus 5 (16 GB version) and I wanted to install this rom because I have it on the galaxy S5 and it looks great. The only problem is it has a blocked bootloader and it's without TWRP, I never modded a Nexus 5.. I know it can be off topic this question, but could someone tell me exactly the way to unlock it and how to install then TWRP recovery? I know CMD commands are required, I can use this program, but I don't know which command I have to insert..sorry

Last edited:

SirRGB

Jun 29, 2019
Google Nexus 5
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
Hi at all,
I have a Nexus 5 (16 GB version) and I wanted to install this rom because I have it on the galaxy S5 and it looks great. The only problem is it has a blocked bootloader and it's without TWRP, I never modded a Nexus 5.. I know it can be off topic this question, but could someone tell me exactly the way to unlock it and how to install then TWRP recovery? I know CMD commands are required, I can use this program, but I don't know which command I have to insert..sorry
Here are all the steps required to unlock BL and install TWRP

After that you should increase system partition size for installing CrDroid.

nykstark98

Jun 8, 2020

PicsArt_04-03-04.33.44.jpg

Should I download this file?

SirRGB

Jun 29, 2019
Google Nexus 5
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini

This should work. Download and extract. In this folder you can press shift + right mouse button and then click open terminal here (at least in Windows).
Then type
fastboot oem unlock
I think you need some usb drivers too, but you can try like that first.

Sorry, many links in the tutorial are outdated.

Reactions: nykstark98

nykstark98

Jun 8, 2020

I think he explains the process better than me...
Ok perfect I will try it, also thanks for the download link above. And about repartition of memory, do I have to install this TWRP "twrp-3.5.1_9-HH.R.12.img" and follow the guide in the TWRP thread about Nexus 5?, so:
"Flash the HH.R version of TWRP and launch it
- Open terminal (TWRP -> Advanced -> Terminal)
- Type hh_repart -m
- Wait until your phone reboots
- Install your rom" (took from the other thread)

hhrokarvi

Recognized Developer
May 31, 2014
New York
Google Nexus 5
AT&T LG G2
crDroid Update:

crDroidAndroid-11.0-20210413-hammerhead-v7.5.zip

Changelog

Short Changelog:
- April Security Patches
- Initial crDroid v7.5 code
- Added New Face Unlock app (Thanks to @Gabriel260BR for assisting!)
- ReAdded App Locker (works with Face Unlock)
- Apps can use Face Unlock for authentication (Password Managers, banking etc)

- Fix screenshot type for three-finger-screenshot
- Add QS Header data usage info
- Removed divider between QS tiles and media player
- Remove extra space for hotseat for Launcher
- Added option to theme settings dashboard icons
- Added Pixel Navbar animation toggle
- Added theme settings dashboard icons
- Redesigned recents view buttons
- Added back share button on recents
- Fixed BT audio to speaker toggle
- Allow user to disable night light on lockscreen when FOD active
- Smart pull down
- Screen off animations
- Added Fluid, Sneeky, Spectrum, Orono Analog and OxygenOS Clock
- Added tile to show power menu
- ReAdded Long Screenshot
- Updated Translations
- Many other things I forgot ;)

Notes
- CLEAN FLASH REQUIRED
- Want to help, use the built-in MatLog app to send logs.
-
Gapps Link Here (Pico Package)
(There are still some issues with GApps for arm devices, nothing I can do to help in that regard, send the logs etc to the GApps Devs.)
- Disable Blur in Settings -> Display for decreasing artifacts on the screen, our device is slightly underpowered for such animations.
- Join the Telegram Group for support, queries and banter. Link Here

Stay Safe Everyone!

Last edited:

dahawthorne

Nov 15, 2014
Brighton
I'm afraid I'm having problems with both my N5 & N6. I'll post separately in the N6 thread.
The installation was fine, though I had to redo my Face Unlock.
But wifi refused to connect. The toggle said "on", but as soon as I switched away from the toggle there was no connection, and the wifi list was blank so no possibility of connecting to my network. A restore to the previous 7.4, taken immediately before the installation, has put things back to normal and wifi works fine again.
Can anyone please say if they have had similar problems or confirm that their device works fine on the new 7.5?

hhrokarvi

Recognized Developer
May 31, 2014
New York
Google Nexus 5
AT&T LG G2
I'm afraid I'm having problems with both my N5 & N6. I'll post separately in the N6 thread.
The installation was fine, though I had to redo my Face Unlock.
But wifi refused to connect. The toggle said "on", but as soon as I switched away from the toggle there was no connection, and the wifi list was blank so no possibility of connecting to my network. A restore to the previous 7.4, taken immediately before the installation, has put things back to normal and wifi works fine again.
Can anyone please say if they have had similar problems or confirm that their device works fine on the new 7.5?
WiFi is fine on my device. I think you dirty flashed this?

Reactions: dahawthorne

dahawthorne

Nov 15, 2014
Brighton
I did... (I can't find a "duh!" emoji... :))
I've just noticed the big red letters "Clean flash required". If that message was there before, I apologise, I didn't see it. No, I regret to say that it was a dirty filthy flash - entirely my fault. In a way that's good news, since I quite like tinkering with my Nexuses, but it does take a while and I'll have to psych myself up for it... :)
I'm glad it's my stupidity and not a problem with the ROM.
As always, thank you for your work. Always appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: hhrokarvi

nykstark98

Jun 8, 2020
Hi,
I want to thank you for sending me the guide on how to unlock the bootloader and how to install the twrp and the rom..everything went perfectly fine.
I noticed however that the intensity of the wifi signal is very low,..in the same room other devices take full wifi while Nexus 5 often disconnects and stays with 1 bar..is it a bug of the rom or it's phone's fault that has very limited power on the wifi? (I did a clean flashing of this ROM, I noticed that I'm not the only one that has this "bug"..)

Narsage

Mar 28, 2012
New Delhi
Hi Guys,

I am facing a weird problem i.e. I was able to install the latest ROM & Gapp mentioned above but also able to use the device. The problem I am facing is when I try to install any app through Play Store it says that I do not have enough storage even though only 30% of the storage has been filled.
This device was previously on a custom rom and then switched back to Stock Rom and I did a clean install here.

SirRGB

Jun 29, 2019
Google Nexus 5
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
Hi Guys,

I am facing a weird problem i.e. I was able to install the latest ROM & Gapp mentioned above but also able to use the device. The problem I am facing is when I try to install any app through Play Store it says that I do not have enough storage even though only 30% of the storage has been filled.
This device was previously on a custom rom and then switched back to Stock Rom and I did a clean install here.
Your system partition is full. I guess you repartitioned the system partition to install crdroid. Can you name the gapps package you tried to install?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!

BE3pE0l.png

Features
    Click for feature list

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!

TWRP Recovery:

TWRP Thread

ROM DOWNLOAD:
    crDroid Website
    DOWNLOAD LATEST OFFICIAL BUILD (Android 11)
    DOWNLOAD LATEST OFFICIAL BUILD (Android 10)
    DOWNLOAD LATEST OFFICIAL BUILD (Android 9 PIE)

DOWNLOAD GAPPS (PICO Version)

First time installing crDroid to your Nexus 5, or coming from another ROM:

** Make sure you're running the latest TWRP Recovery (UA or HH Version)
    1) Copy crDroid zip, gapps zip to your device
    2) Boot into Recovery
    3) Wipe cache, system, & data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
    4) Flash ROM
    5) Flash gapps
    6) Boot up

For root, AFTER you boot into the ROM, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk 21.x (whatever is most recent).

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
    The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

KNOWN ISSUES (Android 11)
    Slow Boot Animation
    Screen mirroring via slimport HDMI adapter doesn't work.
    PMF aka 802.11w doesn't work.
    Wi-Fi display doesn't work
    SELinux permissive

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running the included kernel
    - have installed any mods such as Xposed!
    - have modified system files

Thanks to:

- Google
    - LineageOS
    - SlimRoms
    - AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
    - OmniRom
    - NamelessROM
    - Many others... (if you're feeling upset being out of the thanks list just send a PM )

Sources
    Device Sources: https://github.com/frazerecho/android_device_lge_hammerhead
    Kernel Sources: https://github.com/frazerecho/android_kernel_lge_hammerhead
    Vendor Source: https://github.com/z3dd3r/android_vendor_lge

Contributors:
    @z3DD3r
    @Elektroschmock
    @amaces
    @EnesSastim
    Yu Xutian (esa-n on GitHub)
    @Sashko98

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][10.0][OFFICIAL] crDroid Android v6.12 [hammerhead], ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
    hhrokarvi
    Source Code: https://github.com/crdroidandroid

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: System Partitioned TWRP, Latest Official Bootloader & Radio
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: v6.13
    Stable Release Date: 2020-12-17
    Current Beta Version: v7.4
    Beta Release Date: 2020-03-07

Created 2019-05-19
    Last Updated 2020-11-10
    For everyone concerned...

With custom ROM's heading towards Q (Android 10) it will take time to figure out all the issues, I will be providing updates for this device until crDroid Android stops development on Pie and moves on towards Android 10.

With news that daily LineageOS builds provided by @z3DD3r will be stopping soon, I will provide updates on the same timeline I normally do, so don't worry. Nexus 5 has 1-2 more updates on Pie at least before crDroid moves on towards Android 10.

Thanks for using crDroid and all the well wishes I get from all of you.

Regards,
    Frazer.
    crDroid Update:

crDroidAndroid-9.0-20191113-hammerhead-v5.10

Changelog

Short Changelog:
    - November Security Patches
    - Updated ROM version to 5.10
    - Various updates to base
    - Updates to Network Traffic code
    - Some other fixes here and there
    - Updated translations

Note
    This is going to be the FINAL build of Pie for Nexus 5.

I'll be taking a month or so break to focus on my post-graduate studies as well as taking some time off to recuperate. I'll be back soon with fresh builds of Android 10 for Nexus 5, so don't worry about me dropping support. Huge shoutout and thanks to @EnesSastim and @z3DD3r for keeping Nexus 5 alive all this time.
    crDroid Update:

crDroidAndroid-9.0-20191014-hammerhead-v5.8

Changelog

Short Changelog:
    - October Security Patches
    - Updated kernel compiler to Clang 9.0.8
    - Updated crDroid Home (launcher)
    - Some other fixes here and there
    - Updated translations

Note
    This is going to be one of the final builds of Pie for Nexus 5, depending on how the bring-up of Android 10 goes on in the coming weeks for the device as well as the overall stability and feature parity of crDroid Android 6 (based on Android 10).
    crDroid Update:

crDroidAndroid-10.0-20200808-hammerhead-v6.9.zip

Changelog

Short Changelog:
    - August Security Patches
    - Initial crDroid 6.9 code [NICE ;)]

- Fixed issue with status bar clock getting stuck for some users
    - Fixed partial screenshot issue with screenshot sound disabled
    - Added Pulse visualizer for lockscreen and navbar (crDroid > Sound)
    - Added Tux clock
    - Added new Oswald font
    - Reworked volume dialog extension
    - Improved network traffic indicators
    - Further ARM optimizations for better performance
    - Improved color picker preferences for crDroid settings
    - Some more fixes here and there
    - Updated translations

Notes
    - Nano GApps or smaller from this build onward due to increase by Face Unlock code & application.
    - As I've said previously, This ROM now requires repartiton of System, no matter if you use GApps or not.
    Link for the Thread & TWRP in Post #2

- Some Google stuff i.e. Assistant is causing some weird issues ("internet connection issues" even when connected), which is an issue with Google as its also affecting Samsung, OnePlus phones. Nothing I can do about it.
    - Join the Telegram Group for support, queries and banter. Link Here

Stay Safe Everyone!
    :eek: