[EOL][ROM][11.0][OFFICIAL] crDroid Android v7.19 [shamu]

Search This thread

Jerry_Bee

Apr 8, 2021
Great work, really enjoying this ROM!

I have one question / bug report: If I switch off the phone and put it away with a fully charged battery, a couple of days later it's fully depleted with this ROM. Could there be something happening in the background? I've re-installed the original Android 7 for Nexus 6 and then the battery stays charged if switched off for days....

Tried the 'switch off and put away' scenario a couple of times and in all cases the phone wouldn't start up without first charging for quite a while.

Last edited:

hhrokarvi

Recognized Developer
May 31, 2014
New York
Google Nexus 5
AT&T LG G2
crDroid Update:

crDroidAndroid-11.0-20210412-shamu-v7.5.zip

Changelog

Short Changelog:
- April Security Patches
- Initial crDroid v7.5 code
- Added New Face Unlock app (Thanks to @Gabriel260BR for assisting!) [Read Below]
- ReAdded App Locker (works with Face Unlock)
- Apps can use Face Unlock for authentication (Password Managers, banking etc)

- Fix screenshot type for three-finger-screenshot
- Add QS Header data usage info
- Removed divider between QS tiles and media player
- Remove extra space for hotseat for Launcher
- Added option to theme settings dashboard icons
- Added Pixel Navbar animation toggle
- Added theme settings dashboard icons
- Redesigned recents view buttons
- Added back share button on recents
- Fixed BT audio to speaker toggle
- Allow user to disable night light on lockscreen when FOD active
- Smart pull down
- Screen off animations
- Added Fluid, Sneeky, Spectrum, Orono Analog and OxygenOS Clock
- Added tile to show power menu
- ReAdded Long Screenshot
- Updated Translations
- Many other things I forgot ;)

Notes
- CLEAN FLASH REQUIRED
- I forgot to make the Face Unlock only activate when swiped up from lockscreen. It will be fixed in the next update.
- Want to help, use the built-in MatLog app to send logs.
-
Gapps Link Here (Pico Package)
(There are still some issues with GApps for arm devices, nothing I can do to help in that regard, send the logs etc to the GApps Devs.)
- Disable Blur in Settings -> Display for decreasing artifacts on the screen, our device is slightly underpowered for such animations.
- Join the Telegram Group for support, queries and banter. Link Here

Stay Safe Everyone!

Last edited:

dahawthorne

Nov 15, 2014
Brighton
I'm afraid I'm having problems with both my N5 & N6. I'll post separately in the N5 thread.
The installation looked good, though I had to redo the Face Unlock setup. (In fact having used Face Unlock after the swipe up, I realise that I prefer the immediate pre-swipe version; double tap with the phone facing me is enough to unlock, which is easier. But I'm easy on this point; if you prefer the after-swipe, that's fine.)
Unfortunately my N6 mobile refused to stabilise. Looking at the quick pulldown icons, the scrolling text on the mobile data kept flickering "data on/connecting/data on/connecting..."; there was also a "No SIM card" message. I've restored to the backup I took immediately before the flash, and everything including mobile is back to normal.
Anyone else seeing this? If others can please report that their device is fine on the new 7.5, I'll try again.

hhrokarvi

Recognized Developer
May 31, 2014
New York
Google Nexus 5
AT&T LG G2
I'm afraid I'm having problems with both my N5 & N6. I'll post separately in the N5 thread.
The installation looked good, though I had to redo the Face Unlock setup. (In fact having used Face Unlock after the swipe up, I realise that I prefer the immediate pre-swipe version; double tap with the phone facing me is enough to unlock, which is easier. But I'm easy on this point; if you prefer the after-swipe, that's fine.)
Unfortunately my N6 mobile refused to stabilise. Looking at the quick pulldown icons, the scrolling text on the mobile data kept flickering "data on/connecting/data on/connecting..."; there was also a "No SIM card" message. I've restored to the backup I took immediately before the flash, and everything including mobile is back to normal.
Anyone else seeing this? If others can please report that their device is fine on the new 7.5, I'll try again.
I'd like to ask you if did a clean flash? as some things were changed kernel wise etc and with the new face unlock app etc, you can't do dirty flash. As you can see, the build is a day old, so I've been testing these updates for a while, I didn't notice these issues. I would've seen these otherwise.

Reactions: dahawthorne

dahawthorne

Nov 15, 2014
Brighton
Ha... No, I'm certainly not implying that you didn't test; knowing your work for a while now I know better than that... :)
I've just noticed the big red letters "Clean flash required". If that message was there before, I apologise, I didn't see it. No, I regret to say that it was a dirty filthy flash - entirely my fault. In a way that's good news, since I quite like tinkering with my Nexuses, but it does take a while and I'll have to psych myself up for it... :)
I'm glad it's my stupidity and not a problem with the ROM.
As always, thank you for your work. Always appreciated.

hhrokarvi

Recognized Developer
May 31, 2014
New York
Google Nexus 5
AT&T LG G2
Ha... No, I'm certainly not implying that you didn't test; knowing your work for a while now I know better than that... :)
I've just noticed the big red letters "Clean flash required". If that message was there before, I apologise, I didn't see it. No, I regret to say that it was a dirty filthy flash - entirely my fault. In a way that's good news, since I quite like tinkering with my Nexuses, but it does take a while and I'll have to psych myself up for it... :)
I'm glad it's my stupidity and not a problem with the ROM.
As always, thank you for your work. Always appreciated.
I added Clean Flash afterwards.... Sorry, for not mentioning it before. I didn't realize to mention that as I knew it would be necessary.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jerry_Bee

Apr 8, 2021
Great work, really enjoying this ROM!

I have one question / bug report: If I switch off the phone and put it away with a fully charged battery, a couple of days later it's fully depleted with this ROM. Could there be something happening in the background? I've re-installed the original Android 7 for Nexus 6 and then the battery stays charged if switched off for days....

Tried the 'switch off and put away' scenario a couple of times and in all cases the phone wouldn't start up without first charging for quite a while.
No one having similar issues with Battery life?

I switched back to Android 7 (the last version for Shamu) and battery life is now great again. I can switch off the device and put it away for a week; and comes on almost fully charged. With crDroid, it's completely empty after only a few days :-(

Reactions: beeewell

alvi.bagolini

Aug 4, 2017
installed CRdroid 7.5, full flash plus gapps nano, everything ok and face unlock is perfect, but could not set up my data provider access point.. strange. Reverted to 7.2 (love the fast face unlock) and data access is ok again. Many thanks to CRDROID and hhrokarvi for the great work keeping shamus up to date.

alvi.bagolini

Aug 4, 2017
No one having similar issues with Battery life?

I switched back to Android 7 (the last version for Shamu) and battery life is now great again. I can switch off the device and put it away for a week; and comes on almost fully charged. With crDroid, it's completely empty after only a few days :-(
dunno what happens if I leave my phone resting somewhere for 2 days: it never happened in the last 10 years! :) I can tell you I use it with blurr effects on by disabling HW overlay in developer options (and setting transitions time to 1.2, really love it): still I see no particular battery drain in my daily use.

Jerry_Bee

Apr 8, 2021
dunno what happens if I leave my phone resting somewhere for 2 days: it never happened in the last 10 years! :) I can tell you I use it with blurr effects on by disabling HW overlay in developer options (and setting transitions time to 1.2, really love it): still I see no particular battery drain in my daily use.

Thanks; I updated to 7.5 and now battery life is normal again :)

fueled

Aug 20, 2010
Hi,
I can't seem to change allow access settings for any app.
Also my Google cam is showing just black screen, but the other camera works fine.

fueled

Aug 20, 2010
update :
flashed 6.10 crdroid10 and then reflashed clean 7.5 crdroid11 again. now the permissions are working fine. rom is very smooth as expected by crdroid team.
on the other hand. google camera still not working. iam using open camera for now.
cant comment on battery drain because my n6 battery is very old almost 3yrs and now iam gonna put the new battery for sure.

dahawthorne

Nov 15, 2014
Brighton
I've read that TWRP isn't really up to date for Shamu, whereas Orangefox is, even though Amir, its maintainer, seems to have been absent for a few months. I've been using Orangefox for backup and restore for months and it's flawless. If there is a new TWRP give it a go, but keep an Orangefox backup off-device just in case.

Techguy777

May 24, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite
Xiaomi Poco F3
I've read that TWRP isn't really up to date for Shamu, whereas Orangefox is, even though Amir, its maintainer, seems to have been absent for a few months. I've been using Orangefox for backup and restore for months and it's flawless. If there is a new TWRP give it a go, but keep an Orangefox backup off-device just in case.
Alright I just stick with orange fox for now thanks

hhrokarvi

Recognized Developer
May 31, 2014
New York
Google Nexus 5
AT&T LG G2
crDroid Update:

crDroidAndroid-11.0-20210508-shamu-v7.6.zip

Changelog

Short Changelog:
- May Security Patches
- Initial crDroid v7.6 code

- Added notification / media ticker customization (crDroid Settings -> Notifications)
- Added "Force Close" button toggle for notification longpress (crDroid Settings -> Notifications)
- Added lockscreen background blur (crDroid Settings -> Lock Screen)
- Added toast notification toggle for apps accessing clipboard (crDroid Settings -> Misc)
- Added Updates channel link to crDroid Settings -> About (get info on when ROM updates are posted)
- Fixed force close on app info panel
- Fixed "Restrict background data" to also restrict activity on wifi
- Improved opacity customization for notifications
- Updated and tweaked long screenshot
- Added option to delete screenshot from notifications
- Fixed export updates in Updater app
- Lots and lots of changes made to power consumption
- Tweaked lights control
- Added Notifications background opacity control (crDroid Settings -> Notifications)
- Added "wireless" charging animation on lockscreen even for wired charging
- Updated Translations
- Many other things I forgot ;)

Notes
- CLEAN FLASH RECOMMENDED
- I forgot to make the Face Unlock only activate when swiped up from lockscreen. It will be fixed in the next update. (FIXED!)
- Want to help, use the built-in MatLog app to send logs.
-
Gapps Link Here (Pico Package)
(There are still some issues with GApps for arm devices, nothing I can do to help in that regard, send the logs etc to the GApps Devs.)

Stay Safe Everyone!

dahawthorne

Nov 15, 2014
Brighton
Hi, hhrokarvi. Maybe I'm the first to install this new version? BTW, the title still says 7.5... 😊
Thanks, as always, for the great work.

Last edited:
Reactions: hhrokarvi

fueled

Aug 20, 2010
I have never updated using the auto updater inside the rom.
is it fine doing updates from it ?
every app and settings stays ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!

BE3pE0l.png

Features
    Click for feature list

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!

TWRP Recovery:

TWRP

ROM DOWNLOAD:
    crDroid Site
    DOWNLOAD LATEST OFFICIAL BUILD (Android 11)
    DOWNLOAD LATEST OFFICIAL BUILD (Android 10)
    DOWNLOAD LATEST OFFICIAL BUILD (Pie)

DOWNLOAD GAPPS

First time installing crDroid to your Nexus 6, or coming from another ROM:

** Make sure you're running the latest TWRP Recovery
    1) Copy crDroid zip, gapps zip to your device
    2) Boot into Recovery
    3) Wipe cache, system, & data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
    4) Flash ROM
    5) Flash gapps
    6) Boot up

For root, AFTER you boot into the ROM, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk 21.4 or later. (YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED).

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
    The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

KNOWN ISSUES
    -_-

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running the included kernel
    - have installed any mods such as Xposed!
    - have modified system files

Thanks to:

- Google
    - LineageOS
    - SlimRoms
    - AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
    - OmniRom
    - NamelessROM
    - Many others... (if you're feeling upset being out of the thanks list just send a PM )

Sources
    Device Source: https://github.com/frazerecho/android_device_moto_shamu
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_moto_shamu
    Vendor Source: https://github.com/TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_motorola

Contributors:

XDA:DevDB Information

[ROM][10.0][OFFICIAL] crDroid Android v6.12 [shamu], ROM for the Nexus 6

Contributors
    hhrokarvi
    Source Code: https://github.com/crdroidandroid

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest TWRP, Radio and Bootloader from last Official Update
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: v6.13
    Stable Release Date: 2020-12-16
    Current Beta Version: v7.4
    Beta Release Date: 2021-03-07

Created 2019-05-19
    Last Updated 2020-11-10
    crDroid Update:

crDroidAndroid-9.0-20191113-shamu-v5.10

Changelog

Short Changelog:
    - November Security Patches
    - Updated ROM version to 5.10
    - Various updates to base
    - Updates to Network Traffic code
    - Some other fixes here and there
    - Updated translations

Note
    This is going to be the FINAL build of Pie for Nexus 6.

I'll be taking a month or so break to focus on my post-graduate studies as well as taking some time off to recuperate. I'll be back soon with fresh builds of Android 10 for Nexus 6 depending on the progress made by LineageOS maintainers @Elektroschmock and @npjohnson and thanks to both for keeping Nexus 6 alive.
    crDroid Update:

crDroidAndroid-10.0-20200512-shamu-v6.6.zip

Changelog

Short Changelog:
    - For MTP, Go to Dev Options -> Default USB Configuration -> Set to "File Transfer"
    - Camera Fixed. [Read Below]
    - May Security Patches
    - Initial crDroid 6.6 code

- Added weather tile and weather on lockscreen initial support
    - New customizations for "At a glance" feature of crDroid Home Launcher
    - Added option for ringtone playback on both speakers and headset or only headset when using bluetooth
    - Fixed keyboard non popping in Jelly (default browser)
    - Tweaked pin input keyboard height
    - Improved performance with some UI elements
    - Fixed possible crash with some games
    - Launcher improvements for icon pack support and app info
    - Network traffic improvements
    - AOD Tile improvement
    - ARM optimizations (Smooth af :laugh:)
    - Fixed some Calendar issues
    - Updated translations

Notes
    - The ROM is smoother for me as far as my pervious builds go. Rejoice!
    - Many changes to LineageOS Kernel and device, Camera is fixed on my side. Testing it for a day. If anyone else has issues, it's most probably due to hardware differences etc etc. Can't be fixed in software easily. As its said, Your Mileage May Vary...
    - All GApps variants work fine now. It was a permissions issue with the Stock crDroid Launcher.

Stay Safe Everyone!
    :eek:
    crDroid Update:

crDroidAndroid-10.0-20200516-shamu-v6.6.zip

Changelog

Short Changelog:
    - For MTP, Go to Dev Options -> Default USB Configuration -> Set to "File Transfer"
    - Fixed the random audio issues and hangs while gaming.

- Added Lato and Rubik fonts
    - Some fixes for Stock Launcher
    - Updated translations

Notes
    - Dirty Flash if you're already on my 05/12 build, if you're running anything older, Clean Flash it.
    - The ROM is still smoother for me as far as my pervious builds go. Rejoice!

- All GApps variants work fine now. It was a permissions issue with the Stock crDroid Launcher.

Stay Safe Everyone!
    :eek:
    crDroid Update:

crDroidAndroid-10.0-20200412-shamu-v6.5.zip (SourceForge Link)

Changelog

Short Changelog:
    - Initial crDroid 6.5 code
    - April Security patches
    - SELinux Enforcing (SafetyNet Passes)
    - For MTP, go to Dev Options -> Default USB Configuration -> set it to "File Transfer"
    - Text fix Android Auto (I don't have a car with Android Auto, so can't confirm)
    - Camera working admirably. [Read Below]
    - Call Issues Fixed! (FINALLY)
    - Updated kernel clang compiler to 10.0.6

- Added option to disable Quick Settings on secure lockscreen
    - Added new option panels for long press on different QS tiles (see Wifi, BT, mobile data, NFC, etc)
    - Added native screen recording tile and power menu
    - Added per-app data usage restrictions
    - Added some new fonts
    - Added Screen Stabilization (customize with long press on QS tile)
    - Added vibration controls (Settings -> Sound -> Vibration & haptics)
    - Added vibration strength control
    - Improved Messaging app dark support
    - Improved overall haptics
    - Removed Launcher promisse app feature
    - Fixed vibration issues with Dialer app
    - Updated translations

Note
    - CLEAN FLASH RECOMMENDED.

- It's STILL a BETA -ish. As far as calls go, I haven't had the problem personally in this update. Been running it for a day. Camera gives a headache sometimes, which can be mitigated by a quick reboot. That's all about that, but your mileage may vary.
    - About GApps, flash nano or below variant, as Pixel Launcher in the micro variant causes some issues with default launcher. This is a GApps issue.
    - Magisk 20.4 solves the issues we've been having with it since some time. Flash 20.4 version and above only.
    - Huge thanks and props to @Elektroschmock and @npjohnson and all other contributors who have helped the Orca in any way, and for LineageOS 17.1!! :laugh:

Stay Safe Everyone! :eek: