• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Development [ROM][11.0][OFFICIAL] crDroid Android v7.8 [VANILLA] [ mojito / sunny ]

Search This thread

WilcyWilson

May 6, 2021
Redmi Note 10
Reactions: XanDevoir

Zirila

Jul 31, 2015
I'm in a little trouble to get it installed.
I installed it the usual way, loaded twrp with fastboot, installed via ramdisk, rebooted to recovery, and installed the firmware + ROM, installed twrp ramdisk, rebooted to recovery, then rebooted to system.

after that, the boot logo of CrDroid / LingeageOS (testet it too) shows up, but it's stuck there. it's not a bootlop it just endlessly loads for the first time never reaching the OS. How long is the first start supposed to take? i waited like 15minutes, it should be enought i think? How to fix that?

Also I cannot flash the official MIUI rom with MiFlash, it gives me error:
Code:
error: flashing of metadata is not allowed in snapshotted state
so I'm kinda stuck

StaryMuz

Dec 27, 2012
It could be a problem with an undeleted data partition.
Unless Magisk or GAPPS is installed at the same time when you first start up, the stert should be relatively fast.

The Miui flash startup error can be fixed for example with "all and lock". Then the phone has to be unlocked again (without request).

WilcyWilson

May 6, 2021
Redmi Note 10
Unless Magisk or GAPPS is installed at the same time when you first start up, the stert should be relatively fast.

The Miui flash startup error can be fixed for example with "all and lock". Then the phone has to be unlocked again (without request).
If I choose the "all and lock" option, do I still need to wait 168 hours to unlock the bootloader again?

Zirila

Jul 31, 2015

I wiped the data partition before (twrp factory reset + advanced, and selected all partitions to delete).
I have big trouble getting internal storage to be writable too. I'm trying to wipe and switch a/b slots and reboot to system and recovery and somhow after like 5+ attempts I'm able to write to internal storage in TWRP (needed to get the TWRP image on the internal storage for ramdisk flashing)

Still I never managed to get CrDroid / LineageOS past the boot logo, it's endlessly loading.

regarding the MiFlash Error:
"flashing of metadata is not allowed in snapshotted state"
what does it actually mean "snapshotted state"?

I don't want to risk locking/unlocking problems and wait times again...

StaryMuz

Dec 27, 2012
* "snapshotted state"? = I don't have more specific info on that.
* I wiped the data partition before (twrp factory reset + advanced, and selected all partitions to delete). = That's not it. The correct entry is "Format data" and you will be asked to agree "yes".
* The unlocking problem will no longer exist. After starting Miui Unlock it will go straight away. The unlock record already exists with Xiaomi.

Zirila

Jul 31, 2015
* "snapshotted state"? = I don't have more specific info on that.
* I wiped the data partition before (twrp factory reset + advanced, and selected all partitions to delete). = That's not it. The correct entry is "Format data" and you will be asked to agree "yes".
* The unlocking problem will no longer exist. After starting Miui Unlock it will go straight away. The unlock record already exists with Xiaomi.

ok, I also found no information anywhere about the "snapshotted state" error. very strange.

I wiped and just tried format data too, but it didn't change anything.
there is definitely an issue with a/b slots. when TWRP uses the b slot (see reboot button), then the internal storage becomes readable and writeable (well almost every time).
also the b slot seems to still contain the MIUI rom, because in some cases after factory resets from lineageos recovery it switches back to b slot and MIUI starts afterwards.
whenever I install LineageOS ROM it switches to a-slot after reboot to recovery and TWRP can't read/write/access internal storage, data folder (can't decrypt) and some other system dirs I found in the twrp logs.
also after ROM installation TWRP warns that there is no OS installed. If booted to system then, the CrDroid/Lineage bootlogo shows up but never finishes loading.

When the a-slot in TWRP is active and internal storage is not readable/writeable, I tried to install the ROM from an external SD card, but it failed because it could not write (and mount) to /system, /data, etc.. TWRP also show internal storage as "0 MB" size. whereas it is like 49000 MB with b-slot.

I don't know what to do else, the usual way mentioned here everywhere seems to be not working in my case.

the unlocking problem...
well, you need to mention that it is no problem AS LONG as you have not deleted your xiaomi account AND you have internet access so it can call home. otherwase, re-locking is a pretty BAD idea.

StaryMuz

Dec 27, 2012
It is possible to extract the boot.img file from the rom and flash it from fastbbot.
fastboot flash boot_a boot.img
fastboot flash boot_b boot.img

Otherwise, I recommend to run it right after installing the rom and then install another recovery. This avoids any disruption to the launch.

Zirila

Jul 31, 2015
wait.. I just booted to LineageOS ROM right now. I was trying the following:

- fastboot boot twrp.img
in TWRP:
- luckily having b-slot active and internal storage was writeable (not working everytime though)
- copied ROM and twrp.img to internal storage
- installed TWRP to ramdisk, rebooted to recovery again.
- installed the ROM
- installed TWRP to ramdisk again, rebooted to recovery again.
- a-slot active - internal storage not accessable, can't access ROM or twrp.img any longer
- booted to system, stuck on bootlogo

at this point I was copying the twrp.img and rom.zip to an external sd card and inserted it to the phone

- booted back to twrp recovery (not fastboot)
- a-slot active, not able to read/write/access internal storage, data, system etc.
- select external SD card in install menu to access ROM and twrp images.
- install CrDroid/LineageOS ROM and install twrp.img ramdisk afterwards
- getting lots of red errors, like errors mounting dirs like system, etc.
- finishes with errors
- reboot to system
- suddenly LineageOS starting up.

what the heck is going on here.

StaryMuz

Dec 27, 2012
System A/B is two partitions that allow you to have one system active and the other online for editing.
This is mainly for OTA updates without the need to reboot.
The update is done on an inactive system and is not active until you reboot, but it doesn't force you to turn off your phone.
From recovery and fastboot mode you should be able to change the contents of both repositories.
However, if you do not specify which repository to change, only one will be changed.
For the first installation, it would be advisable for the developer to have the rom installed on both repositories.

Zirila

Jul 31, 2015
yeah, I'm aware of the a/b partition mechanism. I just figured out the now running lineageOS is on the b-slot.
before that attempt, TWRP was having b-slot active and installing on a-slot, and after reboot a-slot went live. and then it didn't work. My attempt (see above) somehow changed this so that lineageOS was installed on the b-slot, despite TWRP was having b-slot as active slot.
there is really something that needs to be fixed by rom- and twrp developers regarding installation on a/b devices. as you said, first time flash to both partitions a+b. and of course TWRP must be able to successfully change between the slots (it is not working correctly now, with lots of red errors)

Zirila

Jul 31, 2015
oh, and just one thought:

could it be, that ROM developers assume that currently installed MIUI ROM is always on a-slot? because a-slot is the default when you open a new phone.
but I did a firmware update before unlocking, and after that, it switched of course to b-slot. from then on it was the default.
now when I flash the ROMs, they might expect it to be a-slot when it is actually b-slot.

StaryMuz

Dec 27, 2012
MiFlash flash into both slots simultaneously. At the same time, it erases everything beforehand. That's why I always run MiFlash when I have problems with flash.

I think we're in the wrong thread. A moderator could move us, please.
For example, here.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can we remove the space at the bottom of the keyboard?
    View attachment 5369175
    Gesture navigation > Gesture setting > Gesture bar length = Hidden
    Problem with preinstalled phone/dialer app:

after the OTA update to the latest crDroid I have a problem with the crDroid dialer app.
    It doesn't show the popup-window for incoming/outgoing phonecalls, with the buttons for ending the call, numpad, speaker etc.

With a third party dialer app everything is fine.

Anybody experiencing this or having an idea (I don't like to factory reset...)
    Yeah, I also faced a similar issue, I'm currently using google dialer as alternative
    Yeah, I also faced a similar issue, I'm currently using google dialer as alternative
    I had the same issue in LOS. You guys only need to select the built-in phone app as a default for calls.
    The current procedure of flash recovery from other devices does not work.
    Follow the instructions for installing recovery for RN10 carefully and you can flash afterwards.
    You guys can check out the fastboot script I made...as it doesn't need any recovery.
    Was waiting for the video recording bug fixing update. Just installed the new update (clean flashing thru fastboot ota which works good) and didnt recognized any bugs till now. Automatic turning on of usb debugging after the restart is also fixed. Tanx devs. I love crdroid and keep up the gud work🤗
    crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!
    1FPMHHH.png

Features
    Click for feature list

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!
    DOWNLOAD FROM HERE

Installation Order:
    > Flash or sideload via TWRP, note down inactive slot
    > Reboot to recovery, check if that slot became active (under reboot section)
    > If slot changed, skip the next steps & you're good to reboot
    > If slot didn't change, run this command from advaned > terminal :
    bootctl set-active-boot-slot 0
    if slot A needs to be active. And 1 if vice versa, where 0=A, 1=B. Then reboot.

Recommended GApps:
    NikGApps-Cooper
    BiTGApps-Cooper
    FlameGApps (Basic/Full)
    OpenGApps (Pico only)

CURRENT KNOWN ISSUES :
    - FM Radio
    - LDAC & AptxHD codec support

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running the included kernel
    - have installed any crazy mods !
    - have modified system files

Thanks to:

- Google
    - LineageOS
    - SlimRoms
    - AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
    - OmniRom
    - NamelessROM
    - Many others... (if you're feeling upset being out of the thanks list just send a PM )

Contributors:
    @ZIDAN44
    @TheMalachite
    @gwolfu
    @mukesh22584
    @adi153

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][11.0][OFFICIAL] crDroid Android v7.8 [mojito / sunny], ROM for the Redmi Note 10
    Source Code:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Kernel Source Tree: https://github.com/PixelExperience-Devices/kernel_xiaomi_mojito
    ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: 4.14.190-LA.UM.9.1.r1-09600
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Security patch level: July 2021
    Created 2021-05-19
    Last Updated 2021-07-30

👍SMASH THE LIKE & SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION👍
    Highlights & Device Specific Changes:
    Build type: Monthly

==== 30 July, 2021 ====

- Updated native services for better FPS (to be tested)
    - Fixed new message compose with stock Messaging app
    - Removed blur additional changes to fix blur glitches
    - Added option to disable pill (crdroid > UI)
    - Added customization for rounded corners (crdroid > UI)
    - Revamped Dialer dark theming
    - Enabled cached app freezer
    - Various under the hood updates and misc fixes
    - mojito: Vendor security patch update to May
    - mojito: TWRP update to 3.5.2
    - mojito: Move to Neternals Kernel v1.0
    - mojito: Bluetooth AAC codec Fix
    - mojito: Wired headset volume mapping
    - mojito: Logcat Reader, Sound Recorder
    - mojito: ANXCam Drop, cam audio fix retained

==== 16 July, 2021 ====

- July security patch
    - Increased system size
    - Pre-included TWRP
    - Included ANXCam 185R
    - Fixed Cam AV sync bugs
    - Quickstep Blur fixes
    - Fix media playback issues
    - Fixed VolumeDialog animation when ringer and notification are unlinked
    - Power menu UI customizations

==== 08 June, 2021 ====

- Recovery ROMs from now
    - Vanilla Variant discontinued
    - Latest Firmware Mandatory
    - Added Gboard Lite
    - Removed MiXplorer Apps
    - Less frequent camcorder audio bug

==== 03 June, 2021 ====

- Home crash fixed
    - Added stock terminal, AudioFX
    - LOS Recovery resolution to native
    - VANILLA / GAPPS variants included
    - SafetyNet Pass (No fix needed)

==== 24 May, 2021 ====

- Fastboot ROM.
    - Weather Provider fixed
    - Added Custom Headers
    - Video Recording Stutter fixed (can be random)
    - Samsung UI audio implemented
    - Added Gboard, Via & FMRadio (won't work until we get OSS Vendor)
    - Removed substitute apps, improved response time, much more

==== 20 May, 2021 ====

- Initial Build
    - May security patch
    - Removed some stock apps
    - Added QuickPic Gallery
    !!UPDATE !!

ROM is official now.

New download link
    ‼ ROM Update ‼
    Download Link

Changelog (03/06/21):
    • Home crash fixed
    • Added stock terminal, AudioFX
    • LOS Recovery resolution to native
    • VANILLA / GAPPS variants included
    • SafetyNet Pass (No fix needed)
    • Clean flash recommended
    I see from the filename it's a vanilla version without Gapps.
    Does it have signature spoofing already for use of microG?
    Screenshot_20210520-234046289 (1).jpg