• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Development [ROM][11.0][OFFICIAL] crDroid Android v7.8 [VANILLA] [ mojito / sunny ]

Search This thread

Zirila

Jul 31, 2015
MiFlash flash into both slots simultaneously. At the same time, it erases everything beforehand. That's why I always run MiFlash when I have problems with flash.

I think we're in the wrong thread. A moderator could move us, please.
For example, here.
indeed.
that's why I tried to reflash MIUI with MiFlash.. but due to the error, it didn't work. I also didn't want to try relocking, though.

MPK99

Jun 25, 2017
Mexico
gitlab.com
oh, and just one thought:

could it be, that ROM developers assume that currently installed MIUI ROM is always on a-slot? because a-slot is the default when you open a new phone.
but I did a firmware update before unlocking, and after that, it switched of course to b-slot. from then on it was the default.
now when I flash the ROMs, they might expect it to be a-slot when it is actually b-slot.
You can't change the slots on the current TWRP, it's buggy.
Try fastboot method.

Zirila

Jul 31, 2015
regarding my error with "snapshotted state" while flashing with MiFlash.. I found the solution.

first, I tried to flash with "clean all and lock", but it showed the same error - this was not the way.
I researched a little further and found that the metadata partition is in a snapshotted state, which has something to do with the virtual a/b mechanism.
anyway, you can fix the snapshotted state by either merge or cancel the state.
for that you need the *latest* (Android 11) platform-tools with the latest fastboot.exe, because older version do not support this command.

then: fastboot.exe snapshot-update cancel
the snapshot gets cancelled and you can flash fastboot images of ROMs with MiFlash again normally.

more details and background info:

from: https://source.android.com/devices/tech/ota/virtual_ab/implement?hl=en

Fastboot tooling changes​

Android 11 makes the following changes to the fastboot protocol:
  • getvar snapshot-update-status — Returns the value that the boot control HAL communicated to the bootloader:
    • If the state is MERGING, the bootloader must return merging.
    • If the state is SNAPSHOTTED, the bootloader must return snapshotted.
    • Otherwise, the bootloader must return none.
  • snapshot-update merge — Completes a merge operation, booting to recovery/fastbootd if necessary. This command is valid only if snapshot-update-status is merging, and is only supported in fastbootd.
  • snapshot-update cancel — Sets the boot control HAL's merge status to CANCELLED. This command is invalid when the device is locked.

Reactions: Abhineet m25

StaryMuz

Dec 27, 2012
regarding my error with "snapshotted state" while flashing with MiFlash.. I found the solution. ...
I have encountered this error before as well, but had to resolve it differently then.
It's quite possible that I extracted the boot.img from the Miui rom and used fastboot to load both slots (A/B). Maybe then MiFlash started working properly.

As for needing a new fastboot tool, I've already written about it and just put a new fastboot.exe in the old "minimal fastboot tool". Everything works as it should and with new commands. New fastboot.exe download.

Soyabkhan

Mar 21, 2017
Redmi Note 10
There is bug in applock. When you open locked app within another app eg, opening gallery for selecting wallpaper or opening pdf file the applock prompt appear and disappear in one second and app does not open.

Zirila

Jul 31, 2015
I have encountered this error before as well, but had to resolve it differently then.
It's quite possible that I extracted the boot.img from the Miui rom and used fastboot to load both slots (A/B). Maybe then MiFlash started working properly.
then you manually flashed the boot.img to boot_a + boot_b with fastboot? I just tried to flash it with the flash_all.bat and MiFlash and whenever it wanted to touch the metadata partition the phone throw a remote error and wouldn't let me touch or change it. it's like read-only as long as the snapshot isn't cancelled. anyway, the fastboot command worked, thank goodness :)
As for needing a new fastboot tool, I've already written about it and just put a new fastboot.exe in the old "minimal fastboot tool". Everything works as it should and with new commands. New fastboot.exe download.
no prob, i knew, I also just added that info so other people fighting the same problem and reading the post find the fitting tools right away.

Zirila

Jul 31, 2015
let me note some things on installing CrDroid / LineageOS with TWRP alpha (06/2021).
This might guide some newcomers.

TWRP alpha seems to be unable to decrypt or mount the internal storage as writeable if NO rom has been installed before or partitions have been wiped and formated. (with MTP enabled in TWRP your computer will find the phone and internal storage, but it will fail to copy files)
IF a rom has been installed before, it tries to decrypt FBE (file based encryption) with the PIN you chose and then it is possible to load files with MTP to internal storage.

So, if you start from scratch, you have no ROM installed before, or wiped and formatted everything:
you fastboot-load TWRP and end up not being able to upload files (like ROM.zip or TWRP.img) with MTP to the internal storage... how do you select the files for flashing if they aren't available?
1) use external sd card (copy files on ext. sd card, select files from there in twrp)
2) use usb-otg if you have one.

or, and that's my way to go if you don't have a phone with ext.sdcard or usb-otg:

3) use ADB sideload.
in TWRP use ADB sideload to Flash the ROM.zip first (CrDroid/LineageOS). Start the ROM, create a PIN. That way the encryption password is set.
Now start TWRP again with fastboot boot twrp.img (because currently the rom-recovery is default).
this time it asks for user[0] password, enter your pin/pattern and TWRP is finally able to decrypt partitions and use the internal storage. from that point on forward you can copy images with MTP to your phones internal storage.
now in TWRP with MTP enabled, copy twrp.img to internal storage and install the twrp.img as ramdisk. don't hit the reboot (to system) button right there, go back and choose reboot-> reboot to recovery first.
After that it's all done, boot to system. The ROM and TWRP recovery is installed, and TWRP is finally able to decrypt storage and partitions.

on a sidenote:
- TWRP a/b switching indeed isn't working, use fastboot.exe --set-active=a (or b)
- if you flash magisk in twrp, *don't* install TWRP to ramdisk again right after that, just reboot to system, or it gets overwritten again.

Soyabkhan

Mar 21, 2017
Redmi Note 10
let me note some things on installing CrDroid / LineageOS with TWRP alpha (06/2021).
This might guide some newcomers.

TWRP alpha seems to be unable to decrypt or mount the internal storage as writeable if NO rom has been installed before or partitions have been wiped and formated. (with MTP enabled in TWRP your computer will find the phone and internal storage, but it will fail to copy files)
IF a rom has been installed before, it tries to decrypt FBE (file based encryption) with the PIN you chose and then it is possible to load files with MTP to internal storage.

So, if you start from scratch, you have no ROM installed before, or wiped and formatted everything:
you fastboot-load TWRP and end up not being able to upload files (like ROM.zip or TWRP.img) with MTP to the internal storage... how do you select the files for flashing if they aren't available?
1) use external sd card (copy files on ext. sd card, select files from there in twrp)
2) use usb-otg if you have one.

or, and that's my way to go if you don't have a phone with ext.sdcard or usb-otg:

3) use ADB sideload.
in TWRP use ADB sideload to Flash the ROM.zip first (CrDroid/LineageOS). Start the ROM, create a PIN. That way the encryption password is set.
Now start TWRP again with fastboot boot twrp.img (because currently the rom-recovery is default).
this time it asks for user[0] password, enter your pin/pattern and TWRP is finally able to decrypt partitions and use the internal storage. from that point on forward you can copy images with MTP to your phones internal storage.
now in TWRP with MTP enabled, copy twrp.img to internal storage and install the twrp.img as ramdisk. don't hit the reboot (to system) button right there, go back and choose reboot-> reboot to recovery first.
After that it's all done, boot to system. The ROM and TWRP recovery is installed, and TWRP is finally able to decrypt storage and partitions.

on a sidenote:
- TWRP a/b switching indeed isn't working, use fastboot.exe --set-active=a (or b)
- if you flash magisk in twrp, *don't* install TWRP to ramdisk again right after that, just reboot to system, or it gets overwritten again.
I also installed this rom with twrp and I dont face any issues.

Zirila

Jul 31, 2015
I also installed this rom with twrp and I dont face any issues.
the process of installing the actual rom with twrp is not the problem here.
the problem is to get the rom.zip selectable for installation as the internal storage is not accessable from within twrp and MTP. if you are on the lucky side that twrp and your PC via MTP has access to internal storage right away, then it's great!
it was -never- the case on my side, however.

StaryMuz

Dec 27, 2012
The problems will be related to the existing content of the A/B sections.
If both partitions are managed properly by one rom, everything will be fine.
The main one will probably be the same boot.img
It can be easily extracted by extracting the rom and then flash it using fastboot to both partitions.
fastboot flash boot_a boot.img
fastboot flash boot_b boot.img

Zirila

Jul 31, 2015
why is the VANILLA version deprecated?
as there is no way to remove gapps after rom installation and/or updates/dirty flashes, I'd rather prefer a version without gapps.
Or is this just default for official CrDroid releases?

Anish Louis

May 25, 2021
Redmi Note 10
I just noticed a weird bug on crdroid. Touch is not working at bottom right corner. (Not exactly right bottom, but just a lit bit of left of bottom right corner.) Firstly i tot its my rn10's issue. But i checked it with other custom roms. (PE +) Its working perfecly.

(You can see tis issue if u are using gpay. The next button in upi password entering screen is exact in this buggy position. We have to touch it more than 2 or 3 times for sensing that next button.)
Hope u understand wat i meant. Is anyone noticed it or am i the only one having this issue?🙄

MPK99

Jun 25, 2017
Mexico
gitlab.com
the process of installing the actual rom with twrp is not the problem here.
the problem is to get the rom.zip selectable for installation as the internal storage is not accessable from within twrp and MTP. if you are on the lucky side that twrp and your PC via MTP has access to internal storage right away, then it's great!
it was -never- the case on my side, however.
Why do u use twerp, when u work with PC? Just use los recovery & sideload zips.

Zirila

Jul 31, 2015
Why do u use twerp, when u work with PC? Just use los recovery & sideload zips.
because TWRP is the more versatile tool, los recovery cannot keep up with it and later on I miss many features of it.
But you're right, your suggestion might also work for some users.
I guess that with updated TWRP soon, thats not a problem anymore, anyway.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can we remove the space at the bottom of the keyboard?
    View attachment 5369175
    Gesture navigation > Gesture setting > Gesture bar length = Hidden
    Problem with preinstalled phone/dialer app:

after the OTA update to the latest crDroid I have a problem with the crDroid dialer app.
    It doesn't show the popup-window for incoming/outgoing phonecalls, with the buttons for ending the call, numpad, speaker etc.

With a third party dialer app everything is fine.

Anybody experiencing this or having an idea (I don't like to factory reset...)
    Yeah, I also faced a similar issue, I'm currently using google dialer as alternative
    Yeah, I also faced a similar issue, I'm currently using google dialer as alternative
    I had the same issue in LOS. You guys only need to select the built-in phone app as a default for calls.
    The current procedure of flash recovery from other devices does not work.
    Follow the instructions for installing recovery for RN10 carefully and you can flash afterwards.
    You guys can check out the fastboot script I made...as it doesn't need any recovery.
    Was waiting for the video recording bug fixing update. Just installed the new update (clean flashing thru fastboot ota which works good) and didnt recognized any bugs till now. Automatic turning on of usb debugging after the restart is also fixed. Tanx devs. I love crdroid and keep up the gud work🤗
    crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!
    1FPMHHH.png

Features
    Click for feature list

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!
    DOWNLOAD FROM HERE

Installation Order:
    > Flash or sideload via TWRP, note down inactive slot
    > Reboot to recovery, check if that slot became active (under reboot section)
    > If slot changed, skip the next steps & you're good to reboot
    > If slot didn't change, run this command from advaned > terminal :
    bootctl set-active-boot-slot 0
    if slot A needs to be active. And 1 if vice versa, where 0=A, 1=B. Then reboot.

Recommended GApps:
    NikGApps-Cooper
    BiTGApps-Cooper
    FlameGApps (Basic/Full)
    OpenGApps (Pico only)

CURRENT KNOWN ISSUES :
    - FM Radio
    - LDAC & AptxHD codec support

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running the included kernel
    - have installed any crazy mods !
    - have modified system files

Thanks to:

- Google
    - LineageOS
    - SlimRoms
    - AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
    - OmniRom
    - NamelessROM
    - Many others... (if you're feeling upset being out of the thanks list just send a PM )

Contributors:
    @ZIDAN44
    @TheMalachite
    @gwolfu
    @mukesh22584
    @adi153

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][11.0][OFFICIAL] crDroid Android v7.8 [mojito / sunny], ROM for the Redmi Note 10
    Source Code:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Kernel Source Tree: https://github.com/PixelExperience-Devices/kernel_xiaomi_mojito
    ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: 4.14.190-LA.UM.9.1.r1-09600
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Security patch level: July 2021
    Created 2021-05-19
    Last Updated 2021-07-16

👍SMASH THE LIKE & SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION👍
    Highlights & Device Specific Changes:
    Build type: Monthly

==== 30 July, 2021 ====

- Updated native services for better FPS (to be tested)
    - Fixed new message compose with stock Messaging app
    - Removed blur additional changes to fix blur glitches
    - Added option to disable pill (crdroid > UI)
    - Added customization for rounded corners (crdroid > UI)
    - Revamped Dialer dark theming
    - Enabled cached app freezer
    - Various under the hood updates and misc fixes
    - mojito: Vendor security patch update to May
    - mojito: TWRP update to 3.5.2
    - mojito: Move to Neternals Kernel v1.0
    - mojito: Bluetooth AAC codec Fix
    - mojito: Wired headset volume mapping
    - mojito: Logcat Reader, Sound Recorder
    - mojito: ANXCam Drop, cam audio fix retained

==== 16 July, 2021 ====

- July security patch
    - Increased system size
    - Pre-included TWRP
    - Included ANXCam 185R
    - Fixed Cam AV sync bugs
    - Quickstep Blur fixes
    - Fix media playback issues
    - Fixed VolumeDialog animation when ringer and notification are unlinked
    - Power menu UI customizations

==== 08 June, 2021 ====

- Recovery ROMs from now
    - Vanilla Variant discontinued
    - Latest Firmware Mandatory
    - Added Gboard Lite
    - Removed MiXplorer Apps
    - Less frequent camcorder audio bug

==== 03 June, 2021 ====

- Home crash fixed
    - Added stock terminal, AudioFX
    - LOS Recovery resolution to native
    - VANILLA / GAPPS variants included
    - SafetyNet Pass (No fix needed)

==== 24 May, 2021 ====

- Fastboot ROM.
    - Weather Provider fixed
    - Added Custom Headers
    - Video Recording Stutter fixed (can be random)
    - Samsung UI audio implemented
    - Added Gboard, Via & FMRadio (won't work until we get OSS Vendor)
    - Removed substitute apps, improved response time, much more

==== 20 May, 2021 ====

- Initial Build
    - May security patch
    - Removed some stock apps
    - Added QuickPic Gallery
    !!UPDATE !!

ROM is official now.

New download link
    ‼ ROM Update ‼
    Download Link

Changelog (03/06/21):
    • Home crash fixed
    • Added stock terminal, AudioFX
    • LOS Recovery resolution to native
    • VANILLA / GAPPS variants included
    • SafetyNet Pass (No fix needed)
    • Clean flash recommended
    I see from the filename it's a vanilla version without Gapps.
    Does it have signature spoofing already for use of microG?
    Screenshot_20210520-234046289 (1).jpg