• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][11.0][Official][hotdogb] StatiXOS 4.0

Search This thread

zzkW35

Aug 8, 2018
thanks. I noticed that activation of the flashlight with the power button does not work in this ROM, auto brightness does not work well .. I ask you to add track switching with the volume buttons when the screen is off.
Thanks for the feedback, both issues are being worked on. The track switching w/ volume buttons will be present in the next update.

canezila

Nov 13, 2010
Orlando
Google Pixel 3a XL
OnePlus 7T
Hello. I am very pleased with my experience on this rom. Thank you to those who have made this possible.

My question :
What separates this rom from every other available 11 rom in the kernels etc thread? With my Verizon Sim, no other rom would work nice with mobile data except this beautiful rom. At least that was my experience.

zzkW35

Aug 8, 2018
My question :
What separates this rom from every other available 11 rom in the kernels etc thread? With my Verizon Sim, no other rom would work nice with mobile data except this beautiful rom. At least that was my experience.
We picked telephony from CAF and not from AOSP -unlike what the majority of other ROMs do-

I have also been using this ROM for about 2 weeks as my daily driver. No issues, and actually has been better than the recent OxygenOS update for Android11. No complaints here, looking forward to the next release.
Thanks!

Reactions: canezila

morphvale

Sep 13, 2013
Sibiu
Google Nexus 4
Google Nexus 5
Alright, so since all A11 OOS betas are a complete clusterf**ck, I've decided to jump custom ROM bandwagon again, though I previously had quite a couple of issues, so I gave Statix another go.

The good:
Clean and fast. This is the most important. Not that many cartoonish customizations like other ROMs have, so thumbs up for this.
Got all my banking apps to work for now, GPay included, and device is certified in PlayStore. Haven't tried yet paying, but we'll se how that goes.
Just the right amount of apps are included, no need to mock about disabling useless stuff.

The bad:
FOD is slower than stock. I'll probably try to retrain the fingerprints, since I did it quite in the same position when starting.
I can't seem to find a way to add the Google search bar under or over the dock icons. I miss this, since I use it a lot, and unfortunately, besides Pixel launcher (which does not have double tap to sleep) I can't find one that works fine with quickswitch. I know, widget is an option, but I don't really like that, since I want, what I consider, a clean look. Also, can't change icons for apps, so obfuscating Magisk brings that default ugly looking Android icon.
I can't find a way to enable VoLTE/VoWiFi icon. VoLTE seems to work, as there's an operator test number I can use for it, but no clue about VoWiFi. I assume it doesn't, since I don't see the WiFi icon next to the person in the dialer history.

Attachments

• photo_2021-03-01_14-18-41.jpg
    photo_2021-03-01_14-18-41.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 41

canezila

Nov 13, 2010
Orlando
Google Pixel 3a XL
OnePlus 7T
Alright, so since all A11 OOS betas are a complete clusterf**ck, I've decided to jump custom ROM bandwagon again, though I previously had quite a couple of issues, so I gave Statix another go.

The good:
Clean and fast. This is the most important. Not that many cartoonish customizations like other ROMs have, so thumbs up for this.
Got all my banking apps to work for now, GPay included, and device is certified in PlayStore. Haven't tried yet paying, but we'll se how that goes.
Just the right amount of apps are included, no need to mock about disabling useless stuff.

The bad:
FOD is slower than stock. I'll probably try to retrain the fingerprints, since I did it quite in the same position when starting.
I can't seem to find a way to add the Google search bar under or over the dock icons. I miss this, since I use it a lot, and unfortunately, besides Pixel launcher (which does not have double tap to sleep) I can't find one that works fine with quickswitch. I know, widget is an option, but I don't really like that, since I want, what I consider, a clean look. Also, can't change icons for apps, so obfuscating Magisk brings that default ugly looking Android icon.
I can't find a way to enable VoLTE/VoWiFi icon. VoLTE seems to work, as there's an operator test number I can use for it, but no clue about VoWiFi. I assume it doesn't, since I don't see the WiFi icon next to the person in the dialer history.

Have you given this a look? It might be what you are looking for.

morphvale

Sep 13, 2013
Sibiu
Google Nexus 4
Google Nexus 5
Have you given this a look? It might be what you are looking for.

Well I haven't tested the Playstore version, but the latest 10.0 Alpha 8. When opening Quickswitch to select it as a provider, I'm getting a message that it is not supported. Might give it a try though, but I won't expect different results.

canezila

Nov 13, 2010
Orlando
Google Pixel 3a XL
OnePlus 7T
Well I haven't tested the Playstore version, but the latest 10.0 Alpha 8. When opening Quickswitch to select it as a provider, I'm getting a message that it is not supported. Might give it a try though, but I won't expect different results.
Interesting that you mention that. I downloaded the beta or alpha I guess it is... and reverted back.

14christ

Apr 4, 2020
Prairieville, LA.
What is it about this rom that allows the google assistant to interact with the clock? I can set reminders in google assistant to tell me the weather and my calendar every day at 6:30am and it automatically creates an alarm within the clock app.

I cannot get this to work on any other rom. Can anyone tell me how to get this feature on other roms?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Which twrp is working on HD1907?
    Can you please add a link I wanted to try this method to go back to stock
    With chinese twrp only works if i use OTG, otherwise, with others twrp(s) i can do nothing to flash OOS11. But you can try the new orangefox, it's working very good but i did not try it yet to flash oos
    Hello everyone!
    StatiX for OnePlus7T is finally back!

We're really sorry if we didn't release anything since November, but I've been busy and I didn't feel like sharing builds that, even if stable, weren't able to meet our quality standards; but now everything's been sorted and there are really good news: hotdogb is ready to be called Official Device and we have a build server, kindly sponsored by DataPacket; the CI is managed by Buildkite and the pipelines can be monitored from here. We'll release bi-weekly builds (two times a month) which can be downloaded from our SourceForge folder.

Now, with that said, we've committed so many changes to our ROM source that I can't list them all here, what can I do is listing the mayor device-specific improvements:
    • Fixed the USB issue which lead to crashdump mode whenever MTP was enabled or the device was connected to Android Auto.
    • Implemented support for f2fs file system. Check the spoiler at the end of this post to have more info.
    • Added Display Modes, Screen-off gestures and vibration control to DeviceSettings.
    • Improved FOD experience. No more flickers whatsoever. Reliability and speed are practically on pair with OxygenOS. Note: if you encounter issues be sure to flash the global variant of OOS and then flash StatiX.
    • Updated some critical blobs to OOS 11 OB1 and latest CAF tag, I'm working on updating all of them to the latest OOS or CAF release.
    • Added custom rounded corners, they finally are smooth and not aliased.

I've added a new method to flash this ROM to the second post: LOS Recovery. In my opinion it's the easiest and most reliable way to install StatiX: the installation process really boils down to flashing the recovery image and sideloading the ROM zip. And frankly on this device LOS recovery has as many (if not even more) features as our TWRP.

DOWNLOAD

• Flash StatiX the way you like best (fastbootd, TWRP, LOS Recovery)
    • Format the data partition to f2fs through a custom recovery (TWRP or LOS)
    • Boot

stx-2020.png

StatiXOS for OnePlus 7T (hotdogb)

About us
    StatiXOS is a custom ROM based on the Android Open Source Project aiming to be minimal while providing quality of life improvements and up to date security patches.

Source code

Features

Download StatiXOS here

GApps are included!

Stay in touch

Our Telegram channel

ROM OS Version: 11.0
    ROM Firmware Required: OOS 10.0.16 (Global Version)
    Hello everyone!

A new build is available and it brings a bunch of great news.

DOWNLOAD

News:
    • March security patches have been merged
    • We've implemented a new updater: we now have OTAs, from now on you'll just need to press one button and it will do everything by itself (I've modified the "update" instructions in the second post, check it to gather more info)
    • Custom Icon Pack support
    • Added Sfuny clock
    • BLUR!
    • We now have a download server, SourceForge will be kept as a backup/mirror solution
    February ASB has been merged!

You can download the update from here:
    DOWNLOAD

Remember to follow the steps from the 2nd post to update your device.

Cheers!
    You're free to flash StatiXOS with Lineage Recovery, TWRP or fastbootd

Clean Flash
    The last OOS you flashed to your phone (doesn't necessarily need to be the flashed right before StatiX) needs to be the latest stable global variant, you can get it here.

• Download the ROM from here (or our mirror server)
    • Reboot to bootloader
    • Flash StatiX by executing
      Code:
      fastboot update <statix_hotodgb-...-.zip>
      (Replace the text between the "<>" with the actual zip name and remove the "<>")

• Download the recovery from here (or our mirror server)
    • Flash LOS recovery by executing
      Code:
      fastboot flash recovery <recovery-hotdogb-...-.img>
      (Replace the text between the <> with the actual zip name)
    • Reboot into recovery mode
    • Format your data to f2fs
    • Go back to the main menu and tap Apply Update
    • Tap Apply from ADB
    • Sideload the ROM by executing
      Code:
      adb sideload <statix_hotodgb-...-OFFICIAL.zip>
      (Replace the text between the <> with the actual zip name)
    • Reboot
    You'll find more info in this section of LineageOS Wiki

• Reboot to bootloader (!= fastbootd)
    • Connect your device to a computer and execute:
      Code:
      fastboot -w
      Note: This will format your data, which means that a backup is advised
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the ROM zipfile
    • Reboot to bootloader once again and execute
      Code:
      fastboot -w
    • Reboot to system

• Dump the ROM zipfile through payload_dumper
    • Connect your device to a computer and execute:
      Code:
      fastboot -w
      Note: This will format your data, which means that a backup is advised
    • Now reboot to fastbootd executing:
      Code:
      fastboot reboot fastboot
    • Flash each partition (be sure to open the terminal window in the folder you extracted the payload):
      Code:
      fastboot flash boot boot.img
      fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
      fastboot flash odm odm.img
      fastboot flash product product.img
      fastboot flash system system.img
      fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
      fastboot flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img
      fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
    • Reboot to system

You can install Magisk by patching the boot image (which can be found here, download the one with the same date as the build you've flashed) or flashing its zip (Version 21.0+) once you've booted for the first time.

Update
    • Go into Settings > System > Updater
    • Check for Update
    • Once it's finished updating press "REBOOT"
    Note: Remember to flash whatever add-on you need (eg. Magisk) before rebooting to the other slot

• Disable thedevice PIN/Passcode
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the ROM zipfile
    • If you want to flash further zips (e.g. Magisk) reboot to recovery to switch slots
    • Reboot to system
    • Add back your PIN/Passcode

• Dump the ROM zipfile through payload_dumper
    • Now reboot to fastbootd executing:
      Code:
      fastboot reboot fastboot
    • Flash each partition (be sure to open the terminal window in the folder you extracted the payload):
      Code:
      fastboot flash boot boot.img
      fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
      fastboot flash odm odm.img
      fastboot flash product product.img
      fastboot flash system system.img
      fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
      fastboot flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img
      fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
    • Reboot to system