• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][11.0][Official][hotdogb] StatiXOS 4.0

Search This thread

canezila

Nov 13, 2010
Orlando
Google Pixel 3a XL
OnePlus 7T
I'm seriously considering jumping onto this..
Currently on oos11 beta, and this sounds like an amazing alternative with good support.

Three questions:

1. It's mentioned by that the finger print unlock is mentioned works like on oos, if latest global stable is installed first. Does this still apply?
So coming from 11beta I'd clean install global oos 10 then this afterwards, right?

2. When clean flash: F2fs partitioning of data is mentioned in the Los instructions. However If fastbooting install (easiest) does it format data to f2fs automatically?

3. There's mention of bi-weekly auto builds.. How's support/releases looking in the future/ later in the year?

Edit: oh, and how's the camera's functionality compared to oos?

Some good questions here. I can only speak for myself. Regarding the camera, I liked the oos camera a lot. So when using this rom I installed open camera and it is working for what I need. The h265 video had issues but that is an app thing.

This is the ONLY rom that works with Verizon lte that I found. Might be others but I couldn't find any.

Imo, this is a great rom and is very smooth.

The update process is very good.

Reactions: Eddiemc

zzkW35

Aug 8, 2018
Anyone else getting almost unusable FOD? For me it works maybe 1 out of 10 tries.
This is on a clean flash, comming from MSM to 10.0.13 then OTA to 10.0.16, then ROM installed through fastboot on both slots (recovery was conplaining it was older than 10.0.16 so couldn't adb sideload).
Only rooted with Props Hide for banking apps to work.
Please read the 3rd post of this thread. It explains what you need to do in order to have a functional FOD.

I'm seriously considering jumping onto this..
Currently on oos11 beta, and this sounds like an amazing alternative with good support.

Three questions:

1. It's mentioned by that the finger print unlock is mentioned works like on oos, if latest global stable is installed first. Does this still apply?
So coming from 11beta I'd clean install global oos 10 then this afterwards, right?

2. When clean flash: F2fs partitioning of data is mentioned in the Los instructions. However If fastbooting install (easiest) does it format data to f2fs automatically?

3. There's mention of bi-weekly auto builds.. How's support/releases looking in the future/ later in the year?

Edit: oh, and how's the camera's functionality compared to oos?
1. Yes, you should be good. If you encounter issues I recommend you using msmtool.
2. No, the fastbooimg install doesn't automatically format to f2fs. If you want to do so follow the "fastbooting install" method and once you've booted go back to recovery and format to f2fs. Check the 3rd post of this thread, I just added a guide on how to switch to f2fs.
3. We have a build server, we can keep on building as many builds as we like. We'll probably get to a point where one monthly build will be enough.

Last edited:

spooksjl

Mar 24, 2010
Hi, i have one question about the install process.

Im curretly running PE. Can i flash this rom with fastboot version, or i need to do throught fastbootd option?

Thanks.

Eddiemc

Mar 15, 2010
Please read the 3rd post of this thread. It explains what you need to do in order to have a functional FOD.

1. Yes, you should be good. If you encounter issues I recommend you using msmtool.
2. No, the fastbooimg install doesn't automatically format to f2fs. If you want to do so follow the "fastbooting install" method and once you've booted go back to recovery and format to f2fs. Check the 3rd post of this thread, I just added a guide on how to switch to f2fs.
3. We have a build server, we can keep on building as many builds as we like. We'll probably get to a point where one monthly build will be enough.

Thanks mate. I'm searching for an MSM tool now, but all I find is one who will take me to .15 version and not the latest .16 that you've got as a requirement.. any tips?

As for the rest, this looks solid. I'm currently backing up, hoping to jump ship shortly.
By the way, I noticed in the features it states black mode, does that include some "force dark mode per app" functionality? (Like darq or oos11)

Edit:
Got impatient and flashing now. Could only msm to the .15 version since that was the most recent MSM tool that exists. Doing a local upgrade to .16 now using the file in the op. Unlocking bootloader again as we speak.

Edit 2: Fastboot install didn't work.
So my first run on fastboot install ended in qualcom crashdump mode.
I msm back to .15 and installed .16 again, then bootloader unlock.

Edit 3: Los install directly from .16 or .15 rom didn't work either..
Complaining about timestamps in both occations. Error in /sideload/package.zip (status 1)
What the f..?

Edit 4: The solution to fastboot install might be a driver:
Seems to be trouble with my fastboot driver, since the device wasn't recognized in fastbootd which caused the issue when doing the system flash.
I've followed this guide to install it properly whilst my phone was in fastbootd. Might be the issue. https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...k-fix-your-dead-malfunctioning-phone.3876849/
I've installed Los recovery (since it seems quicker to go into fastbootd, and now i'm attempting it

Edit 5: SOLVED
Finally installed. It was the missing driver for the fastbootd mode, solution above.

Workflow: I installed Latest stock oos, unlocked bootloader, installed Los recovery, and booted into bootloader, fastboot, fastbootd to check in a cmd window and device manager that it was recognized and had drivers, then fastboot flashed the rom.

Now just waiting for boot, watching the new boot animation.. but its taking a loong time..? Seemed to hang on boot, so I interrupted it, went to recovery and formated (f2fs) and rebooted. Was up and running in a minute. Looks good and first impression is that the fingerprint is instant, at least when unlocking the phone:)

Last edited:

zzkW35

Aug 8, 2018
Hi, i have one question about the install process.

Im curretly running PE. Can i flash this rom with fastboot version, or i need to do throught fastbootd option?

Thanks.
Doesn't really matter, choose the method you like more.

Thanks mate. I'm searching for an MSM tool now, but all I find is one who will take me to .15 version and not the latest .16 that you've got as a requirement.. any tips?

As for the rest, this looks solid. I'm currently backing up, hoping to jump ship shortly.
By the way, I noticed in the features it states black mode, does that include some "force dark mode per app" functionality? (Like darq or oos11)

Edit:
Got impatient and flashing now. Could only msm to the .15 version since that was the most recent MSM tool that exists. Doing a local upgrade to .16 now using the file in the op. Unlocking bootloader again as we speak.

Edit 2: Fastboot install didn't work.
So my first run on fastboot install ended in qualcom crashdump mode.
I msm back to .15 and installed .16 again, then bootloader unlock.

Edit 3: Los install directly from .16 or .15 rom didn't work either..
Complaining about timestamps in both occations. Error in /sideload/package.zip (status 1)
What the f..?

Edit 4: The solution to fastboot install might be a driver:
Seems to be trouble with my fastboot driver, since the device wasn't recognized in fastbootd which caused the issue when doing the system flash.
I've followed this guide to install it properly whilst my phone was in fastbootd. Might be the issue. https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...k-fix-your-dead-malfunctioning-phone.3876849/
I've installed Los recovery (since it seems quicker to go into fastbootd, and now i'm attempting it

Edit 5: SOLVED
Finally installed. It was the missing driver for the fastbootd mode, solution above.

Workflow: I installed Latest stock oos, unlocked bootloader, installed Los recovery, and booted into bootloader, fastboot, fastbootd to check in a cmd window and device manager that it was recognized and had drivers, then fastboot flashed the rom.

Now just waiting for boot, watching the new boot animation.. but its taking a loong time..? Seemed to hang on boot, so I interrupted it, went to recovery and formated (f2fs) and rebooted. Was up and running in a minute. Looks good and first impression is that the fingerprint is instant, at least when unlocking the phone:)
What a story! lol
Anyways, I'm glad you managed to have everything up and running, but most importantly: thanks for sharing your troubleshooting process, it may end up to be helpful for someone.

Eddiemc

Mar 15, 2010
What a story! lol
Anyways, I'm glad you managed to have everything up and running, but most importantly: thanks for sharing your troubleshooting process, it may end up to be helpful for someone.

Haha, yea it felt like an epic journey..
Hopefully it can help someone who's stuck like I was..

Up and running nicely, all apps restored and I'm still having a very good impression. NO issues with finger print in any of my bank apps..

I had to install Wichays gcam since I wanted the Tele lens for portraits.. I was suprised the default can doesn't support the other lenses.
Any chance of incorporate a gcam into the rom? By sideloading it I can't use the camera when the phone is locked. (It's very cool to be able to double-click power on a locked phone, take a picture and put it away, and with sideloading gcam I can't 😥)

Edit (temp fix):
So for anyone wanting gcam and double tap on lockscreen to open camera, the way is to ATM is systemize the gcam app!
NB, the module in the magisk repo is out of date. Here's the newest.
Systemize gcam to priv-app, and voilà.

Last edited:
Reactions: a2tz

Eddiemc

Mar 15, 2010
@zzkW35
Oh yea! I'm just seeing an ota update plopping in and it's making me very happy.. Downloading as we speak. Any changelog?

Ps Flashlight on double press works with today's version, it didn't on the last one.👍

BUT "force dark mode" is gone from developer options!?😥

I'm now reliant on the darq app to toggle force dark mode flag (to get dark FB messenger lite)

Is that something you can add to the dark mode/dark black in settings?

It currently reverts every boot, even when using darq app, so if you take suggestions Id love a permanent toggle in settings under dark mode for this too.

morphvale

Sep 13, 2013
Sibiu
Google Nexus 4
Google Nexus 5

That's what I did the first time, but it was still kind of wonky.
So I thought of giving it another go with the latest build, starting clean, so I did the following:

1. MSM to 10.0.16 (which I assume would do it on both slots)
2. Unlock bootloader
3. Fastboot update -w zip to both slots
4. Started setup

However, it looks like now fingerprint is not working at all, while before it was very fast when training it, so and so when using it, but now I can't even train it, at all.
Did anything change vendor wise, and other vendor is needed?

LE: What's also strange, for me at least, is that the img files from the img zip have different sizes to the img files obtained after using payload dumper (odm is considerably larger in payload - 102,400 vs 24,576 in zip, and product, system and vendor all have differences).

LE2: Tried flashing from fastbootd each img to _a and _b slots, still nothing when attempting scan during setup.

LE3: Tried starting clean again, this time using MSM to 10.0.15 then flashing Statix. It is now working. For some readon it dit not work starting from 10.0.16. Both MSM kits used are for global.

LE4: Tried another time to use MSM for 10.0.16 but this time, flashed the image through TWRP, and now it's working again. I also trained twice the two fingers I use, and it seems a bit more responsive now than before.

Last edited:

Eddiemc

Mar 15, 2010
It's been a week. So far this rom is running absolutely great!

Fast, more or less bugfree, stock(ish) android/compared to oos)
No issues to speak of.
Fingerprint works exactly like oos, root hide safetynet etc all good. Decent battery too. (Exited to see it with new kernel once sources drop)
Probably the best and easiest alternative to oos. As long as this is maintained, I'm staying 🙂

Only two "bugs" I've noticed are:
With third party camera, the power button shortcut isn't always playing along.. (most likely the camera, not the ROM) edit: solved by using a different gcam. All is perfect now.
Overlay issues during a FB messenger call. Happened once, haven't replicated it yet. Symptoms; Flashing screen when notifications arriving or pulldown notification shade.

So in general it's bug free, fast and amazing ota
Absolutely stunning work! 🙏

Last edited:
Reactions: scorpiosrevenge

Eddiemc

Mar 15, 2010
Edit: 31.03
Almost a month in.. This is a perfect rom. Ota, security updates etc. This is like running OOS, except what OOS should be like. Up to date and bug free😁
I've not had a single bug, stutter or problem since the 11.3 release!

For those interested:
Here's a perfectly running camera that fully supports all lenses and photo on lockscreen:

A new ota just rolled in.
I cannot however find a changelog not for the 11.3 build nor for yesterday's 30.3 build.. Neither here nor on telegram.
Anybody able to point me in the right direction?

Edit 2: found it here:

Last edited:

Eddiemc

Mar 15, 2010
@zzkW35
"At the moment I'm shipping LOS kernel, for a simple reason: it's the only one that doesn't have issues with MTP, I'll switch to a custom solution as soon as OnePlus releases OOS11 kernel sources"

Sources are out, but I've heard rumours it's a mess and that OnePlus really did a poor job releasing clean code.
The changelog for April release points at security updates only, so I'm wondering if the rumoured OnePlus code mess is causing a problem.
Have you looked at it, and is there hope for a battery friendly one with working mtp?

Reactions: rob420p

rob420p

Dec 16, 2013
Bmore
OnePlus 7T
@zzkW35
"At the moment I'm shipping LOS kernel, for a simple reason: it's the only one that doesn't have issues with MTP, I'll switch to a custom solution as soon as OnePlus releases OOS11 kernel sources"

Sources are out, but I've heard rumours it's a mess and that OnePlus really did a poor job releasing clean code.
The changelog for April release points at security updates only, so I'm wondering if the rumoured OnePlus code mess is causing a problem.
Have you looked at it, and is there hope for a battery friendly one with working mtp?
Wow I expected better from oneplus

Verm111on

Mar 30, 2021
I am having trouble installing this rom, whenever I do the fastboot update command, I get this:
"target reported max download size of 805306368 bytes
archive does not contain 'boot.sig'
archive does not contain 'recovery.sig'
failed to allocate 1161072980 bytes
error: update package missing system.img"

I have done a clean wipe twice, I am on the lastest stable OOS 10. All my ADB drivers are up to date, I'm using the fastboot image, and still nothing. Kinda stuck, any help would be appreciated.

Eddiemc

Mar 15, 2010
I am having trouble installing this rom, whenever I do the fastboot update command, I get this:
"target reported max download size of 805306368 bytes
archive does not contain 'boot.sig'
archive does not contain 'recovery.sig'
failed to allocate 1161072980 bytes
error: update package missing system.img"

I have done a clean wipe twice, I am on the lastest stable OOS 10. All my ADB drivers are up to date, I'm using the fastboot image, and still nothing. Kinda stuck, any help would be appreciated.
Check that you have updated/working fastboot drivers (They're different than ADB)
Redownload the image you're attempting to flash and make sure/double check that it's the right one for that command.
Try installing via Los recovery or twrp method

Verm111on

Mar 30, 2021
Check that you have updated/working fastboot drivers (They're different than ADB)
Redownload the image you're attempting to flash and make sure/double check that it's the right one for that command.
Try installing via Los recovery or twrp method
I updated all of my drivers. Now when trying to flash the fastboot image, I get this:
error: failed to load 'C:\Users\mansi\Downloads\statix_hotdogb-20210406-OFFICIAL-img.zip': Not enough space

Edit: In the process of doing LOS recovery method, and when sideloading the zip, about half way through I get this: This package will downgrade your system. Install anyway?

I hit yes, and it tells me that downgrade is not allowed and stops the update. I'm on OOS 10 and going to Statix on 11, why am I getting this error. This is very frustrating.

Also, in recovery mode, it says I am on Statix 11, but it won't let me boot. I just get stuck in a bootloop.

Last edited:

Eddiemc

Mar 15, 2010
I updated all of my drivers. Now when trying to flash the fastboot image, I get this:
error: failed to load 'C:\Users\mansi\Downloads\statix_hotdogb-20210406-OFFICIAL-img.zip': Not enough space

Edit: In the process of doing LOS recovery method, and when sideloading the zip, about half way through I get this: This package will downgrade your system. Install anyway?

I hit yes, and it tells me that downgrade is not allowed and stops the update. I'm on OOS 10 and going to Statix on 11, why am I getting this error. This is very frustrating.

Also, in recovery mode, it says I am on Statix 11, but it won't let me boot. I just get stuck in a bootloop.
Similar stuff happened to me. (And same issue in Los; if I clicked do it anyway on the "downgrade", it'd simply end in an unbootable system)

If you find my post(s) a page or two back I tried to list what I had to do to get this rom working. The main key to my problem was a fastboot d driver that I had to update in a certain manual way, but you can look at my process and see if you find a tip.

That's all I've got.

Good luck mate, I hope you get it running, it's a great ROM with ota updates working like a charm.

PS: I still have a hunch it's a fastbootd issue with driver/command since your problems sound very similar to mine..
I manually installed Los recovery and then used reboot to fastboot to get into fastbootd mode to both install the spesific driver In Windows and to be able to run the update command. When I did it this way everything worked. (And I had probably 10 restores with MSM tool)
PPS: if you restore with MSM tool between your tries, remember that it locks the bootloader so you have to unlock it again before doing all this.

If you want to prove me right/wrong, try the payload install method and if you fail that it's guaranteed a driver/command issue around fastbootd

Edit:
Just to list my prosess:

1.Use MSM tool to version .15
2.Ota update to .16
3.Use mauriofrio's tool to unlock bootloader
4.Manually install Los recovery.
5.Boot to recovery (Los) and reboot to fastboot
Make sure you're now in fastboot d
6.Install the driver in Windows device manager, pointing to the updated Google Fastbootd package
7.Run the updater command in CMD (yay, should finally work 👍)
8.(if stuck in boot) hard reboot device.
9.(after boot) used mauriofrio's tool to root, then updated magisk
10.WIN

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Which twrp is working on HD1907?
    Can you please add a link I wanted to try this method to go back to stock
    With chinese twrp only works if i use OTG, otherwise, with others twrp(s) i can do nothing to flash OOS11. But you can try the new orangefox, it's working very good but i did not try it yet to flash oos
    Hello everyone!
    StatiX for OnePlus7T is finally back!

We're really sorry if we didn't release anything since November, but I've been busy and I didn't feel like sharing builds that, even if stable, weren't able to meet our quality standards; but now everything's been sorted and there are really good news: hotdogb is ready to be called Official Device and we have a build server, kindly sponsored by DataPacket; the CI is managed by Buildkite and the pipelines can be monitored from here. We'll release bi-weekly builds (two times a month) which can be downloaded from our SourceForge folder.

Now, with that said, we've committed so many changes to our ROM source that I can't list them all here, what can I do is listing the mayor device-specific improvements:
    • Fixed the USB issue which lead to crashdump mode whenever MTP was enabled or the device was connected to Android Auto.
    • Implemented support for f2fs file system. Check the spoiler at the end of this post to have more info.
    • Added Display Modes, Screen-off gestures and vibration control to DeviceSettings.
    • Improved FOD experience. No more flickers whatsoever. Reliability and speed are practically on pair with OxygenOS. Note: if you encounter issues be sure to flash the global variant of OOS and then flash StatiX.
    • Updated some critical blobs to OOS 11 OB1 and latest CAF tag, I'm working on updating all of them to the latest OOS or CAF release.
    • Added custom rounded corners, they finally are smooth and not aliased.

I've added a new method to flash this ROM to the second post: LOS Recovery. In my opinion it's the easiest and most reliable way to install StatiX: the installation process really boils down to flashing the recovery image and sideloading the ROM zip. And frankly on this device LOS recovery has as many (if not even more) features as our TWRP.

DOWNLOAD

• Flash StatiX the way you like best (fastbootd, TWRP, LOS Recovery)
    • Format the data partition to f2fs through a custom recovery (TWRP or LOS)
    • Boot

stx-2020.png

StatiXOS for OnePlus 7T (hotdogb)

About us
    StatiXOS is a custom ROM based on the Android Open Source Project aiming to be minimal while providing quality of life improvements and up to date security patches.

Source code

Features

Download StatiXOS here

GApps are included!

Stay in touch

Our Telegram channel

ROM OS Version: 11.0
    ROM Firmware Required: OOS 10.0.16 (Global Version)
    Hello everyone!

A new build is available and it brings a bunch of great news.

DOWNLOAD

News:
    • March security patches have been merged
    • We've implemented a new updater: we now have OTAs, from now on you'll just need to press one button and it will do everything by itself (I've modified the "update" instructions in the second post, check it to gather more info)
    • Custom Icon Pack support
    • Added Sfuny clock
    • BLUR!
    • We now have a download server, SourceForge will be kept as a backup/mirror solution
    February ASB has been merged!

You can download the update from here:
    DOWNLOAD

Remember to follow the steps from the 2nd post to update your device.

Cheers!
    You're free to flash StatiXOS with Lineage Recovery, TWRP or fastbootd

Clean Flash
    The last OOS you flashed to your phone (doesn't necessarily need to be the flashed right before StatiX) needs to be the latest stable global variant, you can get it here.

• Download the ROM from here (or our mirror server)
    • Reboot to bootloader
    • Flash StatiX by executing
      Code:
      fastboot update <statix_hotodgb-...-.zip>
      (Replace the text between the "<>" with the actual zip name and remove the "<>")

• Download the recovery from here (or our mirror server)
    • Flash LOS recovery by executing
      Code:
      fastboot flash recovery <recovery-hotdogb-...-.img>
      (Replace the text between the <> with the actual zip name)
    • Reboot into recovery mode
    • Format your data to f2fs
    • Go back to the main menu and tap Apply Update
    • Tap Apply from ADB
    • Sideload the ROM by executing
      Code:
      adb sideload <statix_hotodgb-...-OFFICIAL.zip>
      (Replace the text between the <> with the actual zip name)
    • Reboot
    You'll find more info in this section of LineageOS Wiki

• Reboot to bootloader (!= fastbootd)
    • Connect your device to a computer and execute:
      Code:
      fastboot -w
      Note: This will format your data, which means that a backup is advised
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the ROM zipfile
    • Reboot to bootloader once again and execute
      Code:
      fastboot -w
    • Reboot to system

• Dump the ROM zipfile through payload_dumper
    • Connect your device to a computer and execute:
      Code:
      fastboot -w
      Note: This will format your data, which means that a backup is advised
    • Now reboot to fastbootd executing:
      Code:
      fastboot reboot fastboot
    • Flash each partition (be sure to open the terminal window in the folder you extracted the payload):
      Code:
      fastboot flash boot boot.img
      fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
      fastboot flash odm odm.img
      fastboot flash product product.img
      fastboot flash system system.img
      fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
      fastboot flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img
      fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
    • Reboot to system

You can install Magisk by patching the boot image (which can be found here, download the one with the same date as the build you've flashed) or flashing its zip (Version 21.0+) once you've booted for the first time.

Update
    • Go into Settings > System > Updater
    • Check for Update
    • Once it's finished updating press "REBOOT"
    Note: Remember to flash whatever add-on you need (eg. Magisk) before rebooting to the other slot

• Disable thedevice PIN/Passcode
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the ROM zipfile
    • If you want to flash further zips (e.g. Magisk) reboot to recovery to switch slots
    • Reboot to system
    • Add back your PIN/Passcode

• Dump the ROM zipfile through payload_dumper
    • Now reboot to fastbootd executing:
      Code:
      fastboot reboot fastboot
    • Flash each partition (be sure to open the terminal window in the folder you extracted the payload):
      Code:
      fastboot flash boot boot.img
      fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
      fastboot flash odm odm.img
      fastboot flash product product.img
      fastboot flash system system.img
      fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
      fastboot flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img
      fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
    • Reboot to system